Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Chinese Astrology

Chinese Astrology 本板块使用英语讨论中国占星术。This forum will hold discussion on Chinese Astrology in English language.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 10-16-2016, 05:12 AM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,565
Chinese compare to Western?

State your Chinese Animal and element and your Rising animal.

State your Sun, Moon and Rising.

How do they compare?? Are they completely different, or do they make sense?


I think in Chinese astrology you have 4 different animal signs, but I DONT KNOW. I think the year animal and time of day animal is the most important.

---------------------------------------------------

I'm an Earth Tiger with a Dog Rising.
In Western, I'm a Leo, Virgo Moon, and Capricorn Rising.

I thought the tiger was the same as the Leo in Chinese astrology, but actually they're the opposite. The tiger is similar to the Aquarius sign in Western Astrology which I think is so cool because I love the Aquarius sign.

It makes sense that I'm an Earth Tiger. I have two earth signs for my three main signs in Western astrology. The earth element in Chinese is about the same Western astrology.

Having a dog rising also makes sense. It doesn't make all the sense, but I have my Sun in the 7th house in western, and the Dog is similar to the Libra sign western. So I can see where the selflessness comes from.

__________________
Reality will be the final judge of our virtues and vices
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 10-19-2016, 10:40 PM
GoldenRam GoldenRam is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 42
Re: Chinese compare to Western?

4 different animal zodiac signs all at once?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 10-20-2016, 03:47 AM
GoldenRam GoldenRam is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 42
Re: Chinese compare to Western?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
State your Chinese Animal and element and your Rising animal.

State your Sun, Moon and Rising.

How do they compare?? Are they completely different, or do they make sense?


I think in Chinese astrology you have 4 different animal signs, but I DONT KNOW. I think the year animal and time of day animal is the most important.

---------------------------------------------------

I'm an Earth Tiger with a Dog Rising.
In Western, I'm a Leo, Virgo Moon, and Capricorn Rising.

I thought the tiger was the same as the Leo in Chinese astrology, but actually they're the opposite. The tiger is similar to the Aquarius sign in Western Astrology which I think is so cool because I love the Aquarius sign.

It makes sense that I'm an Earth Tiger. I have two earth signs for my three main signs in Western astrology. The earth element in Chinese is about the same Western astrology.

Having a dog rising also makes sense. It doesn't make all the sense, but I have my Sun in the 7th house in western, and the Dog is similar to the Libra sign western. So I can see where the selflessness comes from.
I'm an Ox with a Ox ascendant. Nice to meet you, XOXOXOXO.

4 different animal signs?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 10-30-2016, 06:38 PM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,565
Re: Chinese compare to Western?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenRam View Post
I'm an Ox with a Ox ascendant. Nice to meet you, XOXOXOXO.

4 different animal signs?
I know you're banned, but that is a good question.

This article claims that their are 4 different animal signs.

https://exemplore.com/astrology/Chin...nd-Hour-Animal
__________________
Reality will be the final judge of our virtues and vices
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 10-31-2016, 02:08 AM
aniani's Avatar
aniani aniani is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 305
Re: Chinese compare to Western?

Quote:
I think in Chinese astrology you have 4 different animal signs, but I DONT KNOW. I think the year animal and time of day animal is the most important.
Same here! I only knew they gave great importance to the year animal and I've heard time of the day as well. Now I have learnt that there is also day and month animals as well. Verryyyy interesting.

I'm a wood ox and rooster rising. In Western, I'm Scorpio rising, Tauras sun and moon. They sort of make sense to me. Tauras and Ox pretty similar traits. Cannot disagree with the rooster rising traits either.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aniani For This Useful Post:
AppLeo (11-03-2016)
  #6  
Unread 11-03-2016, 04:14 AM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,565
Re: Chinese compare to Western?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniani View Post
Same here! I only knew they gave great importance to the year animal and I've heard time of the day as well. Now I have learnt that there is also day and month animals as well. Verryyyy interesting.

I'm a wood ox and rooster rising. In Western, I'm Scorpio rising, Tauras sun and moon. They sort of make sense to me. Tauras and Ox pretty similar traits. Cannot disagree with the rooster rising traits either.
The rooster = Virgo and the Ox = capricorn. I think capricorns and tauruses are so similar. My dad is a rooster and he's so virgo sometimes.

But it is really interesting having 4 animals.
__________________
Reality will be the final judge of our virtues and vices
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 11-03-2016, 01:19 PM
Bluebell87 Bluebell87 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: neptune
Posts: 1,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
The rooster = Virgo and the Ox = capricorn. I think capricorns and tauruses are so similar. My dad is a rooster and he's so virgo sometimes.

But it is really interesting having 4 animals.
Ox is Taurus not Capricorn...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 11-03-2016, 01:45 PM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,565
Re: Chinese compare to Western?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebell87 View Post
Ox is Taurus not Capricorn...
Bu dui.

Ox is Capricorn; Snake is Taurus.
__________________
Reality will be the final judge of our virtues and vices
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 11-03-2016, 02:00 PM
Bluebell87 Bluebell87 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: neptune
Posts: 1,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
Bu dui.

Ox is Capricorn; Snake is Taurus.
Ah yes, so it is. I forgot as i have a Taurus ox friend and they're very similar.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 11-03-2016, 02:06 PM
Bluebell87 Bluebell87 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: neptune
Posts: 1,419
Re: Chinese compare to Western?

I'm a fire rabbit born in the hour of the rooster. I did notice years ago that rabbit and rooster are opposite signs and my western sun sign Aries is also the opposite sign of my rising libra.

The Chinese book I have says that any animal born in the opposite hour of their sign will produce a complicated soul.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bluebell87 For This Useful Post:
AppLeo (11-03-2016)
  #11  
Unread 11-03-2016, 02:12 PM
Bluebell87 Bluebell87 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: neptune
Posts: 1,419
Re: Chinese compare to Western?

Leo tiger: fire + positive wood

A fiery personality that could scorch disrespectful onlookers or others who dare to take him or her granted. A bundle of roars and claws, the Leo Tiger never fails to draw the crowds. Capable of depth and variety in his emotions, this person can be torrid, sulky, and magnanimous all in one breath. He tends to act superior, especially when he is unsure of himself. The Leonine Tiger has very strong recuperative powers, both mentally and physically. And when he or she loves, it's all, all the way.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 11-03-2016, 03:05 PM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,565
Re: Chinese compare to Western?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebell87 View Post
Ah yes, so it is. I forgot as i have a Taurus ox friend and they're very similar.
Cappy and Taurus may as well be the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebell87 View Post
I'm a fire rabbit born in the hour of the rooster. I did notice years ago that rabbit and rooster are opposite signs and my western sun sign Aries is also the opposite sign of my rising libra.

The Chinese book I have says that any animal born in the opposite hour of their sign will produce a complicated soul.
I wonder why... :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebell87 View Post
Leo tiger: fire + positive wood

A fiery personality that could scorch disrespectful onlookers or others who dare to take him or her granted. A bundle of roars and claws, the Leo Tiger never fails to draw the crowds. Capable of depth and variety in his emotions, this person can be torrid, sulky, and magnanimous all in one breath. He tends to act superior, especially when he is unsure of himself. The Leonine Tiger has very strong recuperative powers, both mentally and physically. And when he or she loves, it's all, all the way.
Was that referring to me? I'm a Leo Tiger with positive EARTH

But still, the Leo Tiger point is on key.
__________________
Reality will be the final judge of our virtues and vices
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 11-03-2016, 03:11 PM
Bluebell87 Bluebell87 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: neptune
Posts: 1,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
Cappy and Taurus may as well be the same.



I wonder why... :3



Was that referring to me? I'm a Leo Tiger with positive EARTH

But still, the Leo Tiger point is on key.
It's just going on that Tiger is wood, not any other elects attached to it.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 11-03-2016, 03:12 PM
Bluebell87 Bluebell87 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: neptune
Posts: 1,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
Cappy and Taurus may as well be the same.



I wonder why... :3



Was that referring to me? I'm a Leo Tiger with positive EARTH

But still, the Leo Tiger point is on key.
It's just going on that Tiger is wood, not any other elements attached to it. And Leo is fire.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 11-03-2016, 03:14 PM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,565
Re: Chinese compare to Western?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebell87 View Post
It's just going on that Tiger is wood, not any other elects attached to it.
It's good enough. I think have that book that you took the text from. I remember reading that paragraph. Especially the part that said, "Capable of depth and variety in his emotions, this person can be torrid, sulky, and magnanimous all in one breath."
__________________
Reality will be the final judge of our virtues and vices
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 11-03-2016, 03:17 PM
Bluebell87 Bluebell87 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: neptune
Posts: 1,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
It's good enough. I think have that book that you took the text from. I remember reading that paragraph. Especially the part that said, "Capable of depth and variety in his emotions, this person can be torrid, sulky, and magnanimous all in one breath."
I swapped it for a computer in the first block of flats I lived in. This neighbour had it and after reading it I said 'il give you my computer for it.' It's in 3 pieces now, and half of it is missing. But t has the western and Chinese combinations. Couldn't even tell you the title of it.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 11-03-2016, 03:27 PM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,565
Re: Chinese compare to Western?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebell87 View Post
I swapped it for a computer in the first block of flats I lived in. This neighbour had it and after reading it I said 'il give you my computer for it.' It's in 3 pieces now, and half of it is missing. But t has the western and Chinese combinations. Couldn't even tell you the title of it.
Maybe that was an older version of the book. How does a book compare to a computer though?
__________________
Reality will be the final judge of our virtues and vices
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 11-03-2016, 03:32 PM
Bluebell87 Bluebell87 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: neptune
Posts: 1,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
Maybe that was an older version of the book. How does a book compare to a computer though?
Oh it was an old computer, the type that had a yellow tinge to it. It was set-up to be able to type and had a plastic screen to cover the printer. This was 10/11 years ago tho haha!! And the book has been well-used over the years, hence its current condition, due to it being popped out at 'gatherings' and shindigs. Sparked my interest in astrology. That and a western book I've got which was ancient when I got it! That one too sadly is a bit well-used, so is hidden away in a drawer. I guess thats what happens to books when teenagers read them during shindigs.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 11-03-2016, 03:39 PM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,565
Re: Chinese compare to Western?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebell87 View Post
Oh it was an old computer, the type that had a yellow tinge to it. It was set-up to be able to type and had a plastic screen to cover the printer. This was 10/11 years ago tho haha!! And the book has been well-used over the years, hence its current condition, due to it being popped out at 'gatherings' and shindigs. Sparked my interest in astrology. That and a western book I've got which was ancient when I got it! That one too sadly is a bit well-used, so is hidden away in a drawer. I guess thats what happens to books when teenagers read them during shindigs.
I guess so.. But I'm a teenager and all my books are in good condition :3
__________________
Reality will be the final judge of our virtues and vices
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 11-03-2016, 03:40 PM
Bluebell87 Bluebell87 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: neptune
Posts: 1,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
I guess so.. But I'm a teenager and all my books are in good condition :3
Ah yes, but I mean I was a teenager living in my own place, ha.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 11-03-2016, 04:01 PM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,565
Re: Chinese compare to Western?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebell87 View Post
Ah yes, but I mean I was a teenager living in my own place, ha.
Oh I see. Your parents cleaned for you
__________________
Reality will be the final judge of our virtues and vices
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 11-03-2016, 04:16 PM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: a pit
Posts: 14,551
Re: Chinese compare to Western?

My chinese chart is almost completely Pig and negative with the exception of the hour I was born which was the dragon. They say pigs are the equivalent to Scorpio which is untenated in my western chart. (although quite populated in my vedic)

In the west I'm a full on yang and in the east I am very yin. A very contradictory pairing
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
AppLeo (11-03-2016)
  #23  
Unread 11-03-2016, 04:22 PM
Bluebell87 Bluebell87 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: neptune
Posts: 1,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
Oh I see. Your parents cleaned for you
Cleaned for me? Nah I moved out from my dad n step-mums a week after my 16th birthday. Stayed with a class South African family before getting my own place in the main town.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 11-03-2016, 04:23 PM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,565
Re: Chinese compare to Western?

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
My chinese chart is almost completely Pig and negative with the exception of the hour I was born which was the dragon. They say pigs are the equivalent to Scorpio which is untenated in my western chart. (although quite populated in my vedic)

In the west I'm a full on yang and in the east I am very yin. A very contradictory pairing
Maybe you're more Scorpio than Sagittarius.
__________________
Reality will be the final judge of our virtues and vices
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 11-03-2016, 04:24 PM
Bluebell87 Bluebell87 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: neptune
Posts: 1,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
My chinese chart is almost completely Pig and negative with the exception of the hour I was born which was the dragon. They say pigs are the equivalent to Scorpio which is untenated in my western chart. (although quite populated in my vedic)

In the west I'm a full on yang and in the east I am very yin. A very contradictory pairing
So you're a sag pig, right?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
chinese, compare, western

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.