Effect of precession on declination of stars

southie

Hi

I am hoping someone can help me with a bit of a puzzle I am trying to figure out.

I would like to know what the range of a stars declination would be from a certain latitude over the course of earth's precession cycle.

If one were to fast forward time for example, a star (Vega lets say) would appear to "bounce" up and down in the sky. As it is now I know Vega is located at +38deg 47min and in about 13727 years it will be at about +86deg. That gives a very rough range of about 48 degrees.

I would like to know how to go about working out what the full range of that stars declination would be.

Kind Regards....Southie

JUPITERASC

Hi

I am hoping someone can help me with a bit of a puzzle I am trying to figure out.

I would like to know what the range of a stars declination would be from a certain latitude over the course of earth's precession cycle.

If one were to fast forward time for example, a star (Vega lets say) would appear to "bounce" up and down in the sky.
As it is now I know Vega is located at +38deg 47min and in about 13727 years it will be at about +86deg.
That gives a very rough range of about 48 degrees.

I would like to know how to go about working out what the full range of that stars declination would be.

Kind Regards....Southie
Anne Wright's webpage has a display of Fixed Stars by DECLINATION with a 100 year timespan :smile:
at
CONSTELLATIONS OF WORDS
http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Stars_Declinations.htm

That would assist with estimating Fixed Stars Declination over greater spans of time

Other pages provide Latitude