What Type of Volunteer Work Would I Enjoy Most?

Arian Maverick

I just created a horary chart for myself in an attempt to determine which type of volunteer work I may enjoy the most; my college has a program called "service learning" in which students can gain some class credit for successfully completing fifteen hours or more of volunteer work. I've been browsing through the list of needed jobs on the site and there are so many to choose from that I'm becoming overwhelmed. I was originally hoping to gain some experience in a possible field of future work interest, but as I'm unsure of even that right now, I thought I could use some astrological help.

Sagittarius and the ninth house were the first influences that came to mind, particularly since this is the house of "higher learning" and the program is through my college. Therefore, I was not surprised to see Sagittarius as the sign upon the Ascendant in the horary chart I created with Jupiter loosely conjunct the Ascendant; the ninth house, which has Leo on the cusp, also contains two planets--Venus and Saturn. I am a bit concerned that the Sun is conjunct the Virgo Midheaven from the tenth house side, for I believe this may indicate that my heart is not in the right place and I am only doing this for the recognition and rewards I may receive from this, which is partially true, of course, but I would like to think not entirely. The Sun receives a tight square aspect from Mars in Gemini in the seventh house, and if one considers Pluto, it is also the apex of a T-square; the twelfth house Scorpio Moon is separating from a square aspect from ninth house Venus in Leo, and if one considers Neptune, it is the apex of another T-square.

Another point of interest in the chart, if one were to use quincunx aspect, is the yod configuration with Uranus conjunct the Pisces Nadir (from the third house side) as the apex, receiving quincunx aspects from ninth house Venus in Leo and tenth house (conjunct eleventh house cusp) Mercury in Libra. I wonder if the Finger of God is trying to point me to some obvious answer here, possibly involving technology.

But I'm not even sure if the ninth house signifies volunteer work! :eek:

EDIT: I just thought of something...perhaps this chart is trying to indicate to me that I would most enjoy some kind of work in which I could "be in the spotlight", such as a volunteer performer? As I mentioned before, my significator is located in the first house loosely conjunct the Ascendant, and the ruler of the ninth house--the Sun--is conjunct the Midheaven from the tenth house side; these all seem to be indicators of my ego. Oh well.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Kingsley

Hello everyone, this is my first post so I will just dive in.

Yes I agree that the 6th house can represent the work or service of the volunteer. The Moon in the sixth is often a "woman" working for nothing or perhaps even a nurse in some horary chart questions. The sixth versus the 10th is work related services versus vocations and careers. Perhaps the chart is saying more about how volunteering is a distant concept in relation to the rest of your chart information?

best regards
kingsley

Arian Maverick

Hello everyone, this is my first post so I will just dive in.

First of all, welcome to the forums! :)

I am flattered that this is the first thread you chose to respond to.

Yes I agree that the 6th house can represent the work or service of the volunteer. The Moon in the sixth is often a "woman" working for nothing or perhaps even a nurse in some horary chart questions. The sixth versus the 10th is work related services versus vocations and careers.

This is an interesting observation, for I was initially interested in this service learning program because I wanted to explore a possible interest in nursing and see if I may enjoy the work enough to change majors and pursue a career that would require a nursing degree. I have had one particular idea, but that is information for another thread...

Perhaps the chart is saying more about how volunteering is a distant concept in relation to the rest of your chart information?

Yes, this very well might be; it turns out that neither of the organizations I contacted could get back to me on time so I could fill out the necessary paperwork to join the program at my school.

I could still volunteer, of course, but I fear time will be a bit tight around exams...

Arian Maverick