Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Astrology and Psychology

Astrology and Psychology For interesting discussions on psychological meanings and deeper implications in natal charts between members passionated by both psychology and astrology.

Unread 05-27-2012, 01:40 PM

Re: Aspects of homosexuality?

"There may not be sure-markers, but I've read that an 8th house moon can indicate bisexuality or homosexuality in a woman's chart, and that Aquarius and Uranian influences may also indicate much greater fluidity. I have both of these in my chart and I'm gay, so it's an interesting thread to explore."MJ82

I have both these aspects and I am hetrosexual. I dob't think you can find aspects that definitely mean homosexuality in the chart, each chart is a story and needs to be read as a whole.

In my chart Moon and Uranus in 8th House points to a mother with mental illness. Venus and Mercury in Aquarius (in 9th house) points to my love of studying in humanities field.

I've also found in reading charts that some people have very masculine feel to their charts and are a woman and vice versa based on. An example is I knew a woman with Aries Sun and Aries Rising and her male partner has Aries Venus and Mars lol he was looking for a woman just like her.

If gender is fluid then sexuality has to be fluid. I think there can be indicators but no definites (different ways of expression lol).

Just my 2 cents I think this is a fascinating thread.

Unread 06-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Banned

Indicator of homosexuality is Saturn bad aspects and neptune

[homophobic attack disguised as astrology; removed by request - Moderator]

Last edited by wilsontc; 08-16-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Unread 06-16-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanboy View Post

Homosexuality is environmental. Usually gay guys lack a male role model in their life or the father was absent and weak or have a bad view about masculinity that one of saturn and neptune affect. the native will lack male affection in his life so he looks for it in other man
[deleted attacking comment - Moderator]

You're basically insinuating that someone's sexual preferences and identity depend entirely on the amount of affection they received from their parents. A homosexual man didn't have a strong 'patriarch' in his early life so he seeks male affection (via having sex with other men, because his father didn't fulfill his childhood need to have sex with other men OH WAIT A SECOND THAT MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE). Gay men seek to have sex with other men. Fathers usually do not seek to have sex with their sons. If they do this opens up a whole new can of worms that can damage both heterosexual and homosexual men alike. The kind of affection a child seeks from a father is entirely different from the kind of affection a sexually mature adult seeks from a sexual partner. Freudian psychoanalysis is old hat. Please don't apply it to astrology, an art already heavily damaged by old school prejudice.

Let's follow this logic and see what other places it takes us. If gay men lacked fatherly affection would that mean straight men didn't get enough love from their mothers so they go looking for it in other women?

What about for female homosexuals? Did you consider females? Are they lesbians because their mother didn't love them enough? Do they look for a 'strong motherly' presence because they didn't get it from their mom? Or are lesbians 'okay' because they stimulate your needs as a heterosexual male?

How about transsexuals? What's their issue?

Last edited by wilsontc; 06-17-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Unread 06-16-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonark View Post

You're basically insinuating that someone's sexual preferences and identity depend entirely on the amount of affection they received from their parents..........
.....The kind of affection a child seeks from a father is entirely different from the kind of affection a sexually mature adult seeks from a sexual partner. Freudian psychoanalysis is old hat.

Please don't apply it to astrology, an art already heavily damaged by old school prejudice. Let's follow this logic and see what other ridiculous places it takes us.....

If gay men lacked fatherly affection would that mean straight men didn't get enough love from their mothers so they go looking for it in other women?.......

How about transsexuals? What's their issue? [deleted attacking comments - Moderator]
I think you raise some very important questions.....

My astrology points directly toward homosexuality but i'm not homosexual, but my upbringing, my environment at home, was very sexual and unusual. My father was a freudian psychiatrist and spoke about sex and all matters related to sex openly with me and my family in our home....

Perhaps, his open discussion and exposure to the questions and issues surrounding sex and intimancy and partners influenced my choices later...

Perhaps 'choice' is a result of our environment? And sex is just one of many of those choices.

Genetics and/or astrology may influence or coordinate our choices, but free will is ripened by our environment.

Last edited by wilsontc; 06-17-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Unread 06-16-2012, 10:17 PM

As a gay man, I can assure you, I did not chose to be this way. I was born this way and reflecting back on my childhood, it has been innate with me.
Unread 06-16-2012, 10:48 PM

Long ago, someone told me that Mars in retrograde would suggest it, but I doubt that this or anything else could be made a rule. Sexuality is so much more than the gender preferred.
Unread 06-16-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanboy View Post

Homosexuality is environmental. Usually gay guys lack a male role model in their life or the father was absent and weak or have a bad view about masculinity that one of saturn and neptune affect. the native will lack male
affection in his life so he looks for it in other man
[deleted non-astrological comments - Moderator] The natal charts suggests the kind of person one may seek for companionship not whether he/she wiil have a penis or a vagina!

Last edited by wilsontc; 06-17-2012 at 12:00 AM.
Unread 06-17-2012, 03:33 PM

I didn't see a lot of aspects outlined in this post, so I'm including some of a person I believe to be gay - although he is very secretive about his sex life.
1. Taurus rising, Venus in 3rd house Cancer square 12th house Saturn in Aries and trine 6th house moon. I believe this creates a duality in how he wants to express his feelings, but that 12th house square makes it difficult.
2. Mercury in 2nd house Gemini square Uranus conjunct Pluto in 5th house Virgo.
3. Sagittarius on 8th house, with Jupiter in 5th house Virgo.
4. Neptune and moon conjunct in Scorpio with Neptune in 7th house and moon in 6th.
5. 12th house Saturn is the apex of a yod with 5th house Uranus/Pluto AND Moon/Neptune conjunction. (difficulty in expressing his emotional identity - problems with mother)
6. Moon/Neptune apex of a yod with 2nd house Mercury and 12th house Saturn
7. Mars in Cancer in 2nd house - conjunct sun and venus - but not square Saturn, which squares Sun/Venus conjunction, and not trine moon/neptune conjunction. No other aspect to Mars. Mars is weak by sign and house. If you count Mars as Scorpio ruler, it places it in mutual reception with the moon. I think this is critical in helping to express male identity - a topic which comes up for this person often.
8. Sun/Venus conjunction trine Scorp Moon. This trine would create a desire to blend the sensitive sun/venus with the desires of the moon/neptune and make it easier to express the energies of the female signs of Cancer/Scorpio.
9. 2nd house Mercury in Gemini squares 5th house Uranus/Pluto conjunction and inconjunct Moon/Neptune conjunction.
10. 5th house ruler is Sun, but all these aspects are from Virgo and mercury squares 5th house planets and inconjunct moon/neptune.
Astrology may not be able to define whether one is gay or not, but it certainly lets you know there are some strange things going on with them psychologically and sexually. I'm interesting is seeing how this plays out with transiting Pluto now opposing his mars from the 8th house (pluto was almost exactly opposite before it retrograded). It's going to oppose Mars, Sun and then Venus.
I have not been able to determine whether this person is gay or has pedophilia issues because of all the 5th house drama - although he is very submissive, but these aspects certainly show identity problems. P. S. His 5th house Virgo is intercepted between Leo and Libra. Hope this helps. Would be interested in receiving your thoughts.

Last edited by cibal175; 06-17-2012 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Update
Unread 06-17-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Astrology may not be able to define whether one is gay or not, but it certainly lets you know there are some strange things going on with them psychologically and sexually.

I have not been able to determine whether this person is gay or has pedophilia issues because of all the 5th house drama - although he is very submissive, but these aspects certainly show identity problems.
Can I suggest not conflating homosexuality (or bisexuality for that matter) with the notion of "strangeness", "submissiveness" or "psychological" or "sexual" problems"? It's a very good thing that this kind of dominant collective thinking (at least in some parts of the world) ended decades ago!

I'd say the same for associating homosexuality with pedophilia. It's just rather uninformed and offensive, and no offense intended by that on my part. If you suspect your friend likes those who are underage, his being gay or not really has no bearing, imo.
The Following User Says Thank You to MJ82 For This Useful Post:
waybread (06-17-2012)
Unread 06-17-2012, 03:58 PM

[deleted homophobic attack disguised as astrology - Moderator]

There are similar stereotypes regarding the absent male role model, I believe, about young black males and criminal activity (not to suggest a parallel between homosexuality and criminality! Fyi I'm gay) but it's always stunned me how people choose to oversimplify these things. It's very complex, as is human nature!

Last edited by wilsontc; 08-16-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Unread 06-17-2012, 04:26 PM

I agree with MJ82. cibal172, I think your post says a lot more about you than about your friend.

Obviously if you have actual evidence that someone has "pedophilia issues" (vs. an intercepted sign in the 5th house) this has to be confronted directly, before actual little kids get hurt. But pedophiles come in both sorts of sexual orientation.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
MJ82 (06-17-2012), wintersprite1 (06-18-2012)

Tags
aspects, homosexuality, intimacy, sexual issues