Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 10-25-2008, 06:10 AM

Violent Signs?

What would be a Violent Sign? I considered the planets, as just planets. I never thought of them as a sign. I thought that Leo is a sign. This link

http://www.astrodatabank.com/AS/ASWhoWillSurvive.htm

Is the reason I ask the question. Assuming that indeed, the house rulers(Like Leo on my ASC for example) are signs. Then, what would qualify as
violent signs?

Scorpio, maybe. And Taurus The Bull. Who contains some nasty stars like Algol. Are there any others?

Everything is decided within our own hands. When we come together as one, then it can be said we are truly humane
Unread 10-25-2008, 07:24 PM

Re: Violent Signs?

That is interesting to look what what signs might be more violent than the other. I know Scorpio can sting quite a bit but it only does so when provoked. You're right about Leo. Emotion can be irrational and quick to come by. But Aries... that's another one. I've always related Aries with the hard headed child. I take a lot of fire signs to be quite temperamental with the possibility towards violence more than any other signs. However, with the right aspects most, if not all, of the planets can turn sour.

I like the site you posted. There's some good information and excellent questions, too.

Sun: Aquarius
Moon: Leo
Ascendant: Virgo
Six planets in: Capricorn
Unread 10-26-2008, 01:27 AM

The signs are classified as having special qualities, and some are referred to as violent. These qualities are used mostly in horary astrology. Those called violent are Aries, Libra, Scorpio, Capricorn and Aquarius. A listing of all the qualities of the signs can be found on page 356 of Horary Astrology by Marc Edmund Jones.

And the wild regrets and the bloody sweats, None knew so well as I. For he who lives more lives than one, More deaths than one must die. -- Oscar Wilde
Unread 10-26-2008, 01:35 AM

Libra and Aquarius, Violent? Huge shockers. I'm wondering, what exactly is a conjunction? Well, I know what a conjunction is, but for example: Would the Signs/asteroids in question have to be in the same sign? Or not. Because according to the article. You would use a 5 degree orb for Algol.(Hence bringing it to 21). In which case, I have Venus 21 degrees in Aquarius. I believe Venus is one of the Lights referred too. Eeek! Lol Aquarius is in my 7th house where Saturn rules over it.

Everything is decided within our own hands. When we come together as one, then it can be said we are truly humane
Unread 10-26-2008, 02:24 AM

Fire signs in general seem to have a tendency towards violence... just because their so firey and passionate! Scorpio especially can be quite hot under the collar.
Unread 10-26-2008, 04:09 AM

I wouldn't look to violent signs, although Mars-ruled Aries and Mars/Pluto-ruled Scorpio could come close. Rather, I would look at what is going on with Mars and perhaps Pluto in someone's chart. Mars relates to aggression. Pluto relates to a kind of ruthless control. Any sign is capable of violence--or of non-violence.
Unread 11-02-2008, 09:15 PM

How do you define violence, confusedpisces?
The most emotionally violent, cruel and destructive people i've come across are virgos and cancers.
Unread 11-05-2008, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cph
The most emotionally violent, cruel and destructive people i've come across are virgos and cancers.
Your dead on for Cancer. Don't know why were not put as violent signs. Push us far enough and we go from the nicest people in the world, to the people you'd be running from.
Unread 11-05-2008, 03:30 AM

Send a message via AIM to AineB Send a message via MSN to AineB Send a message via Yahoo to AineB Send a message via Skype™ to AineB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cph
That's a GREAT question!! Most assume violence to be physical, but there very well is emotional and verbal abuse/violence. I would agree that emotionally Cancer and Virgos probably best "hold a grudge". Depending on where Merc is you could find someone with a "sharp tongue" so would show more of the verbalism of violence, and Mars would show more of a focus on physical violence. I don't know if I agree with Aquarius of being any sort of violent?! I always view Aquarius as more of a free-spirit and generally unemotional, or maybe just more tolerant? Libra, Scorpio, and Capricorn though... most that I know definitely have strong thoughts/feelings/morals/ideals and when they feel challenged, LOOK OUT! So I definitely can see some violence there! But as waybread said, any sign is capable of violence.. otherwise you wouldn't have shows like Snapped on tv!!

"If you are still talking about what you did yesterday, you haven't done much today." ~ Author Unknown
Unread 11-05-2008, 06:23 AM

Send a message via AIM to nejispirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellea
I've always related Aries with the hard headed child. I take a lot of fire signs to be quite temperamental with the possibility towards violence more than any other signs. However, with the right aspects most, if not all, of the planets can turn sour.

I like the site you posted. There's some good information and excellent questions, too.
I find myself in disagreeing in that Aries indeed are hard headed, stubborn about having their way so thus might think about becoming violent but by the time they possibly are going to act, they have come up with something else that has nothing to do with it and forget about it .

Mm, and by Aries I mean in general (whatever planet that maybe), but perhaps those with more Aries planets might be more inclined to be violent, or if with an odd placement? I know myself, I have many Aries planets but I have never acted on my "violent" thoughts, merely sulked/pouted/screamed/yell/thrown things until my angers have passed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc0Nlzxe9aY
Unread 11-05-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confusedpisces
What would be a Violent Sign? I considered the planets, as just planets. I never thought of them as a sign. I thought that Leo is a sign. This link

http://www.astrodatabank.com/AS/ASWhoWillSurvive.htm

Is the reason I ask the question. Assuming that indeed, the house rulers(Like Leo on my ASC for example) are signs. Then, what would qualify as
violent signs?

Scorpio, maybe. And Taurus The Bull. Who contains some nasty stars like Algol. Are there any others?
In the article you've posted a link to, the author clearly explains that the violent signs are Capricorn, Aquarius, Libra, Aries and Scorpio - because Saturn (rules Cap, Aqu, exalted in Libra) and Mars (rules Aries, Scorpio) have dignity in those signs, not that someone born with an emphasis on one or more of these signs is "violent". In my view, the most violent and ruthless aspect is Mars/Pluto.
Unread 11-05-2008, 07:45 PM

I'm surprised by how Libras are supposedly more aggressive than they're thought to be. The wall of 'I'm so sweet' should come down.
Unread 11-05-2008, 07:59 PM

I've found people with Mars Saturn square to be pretty violent at core, restrained a bit but you can still get that vibe from them. By signs, Aries would be most violent in that traditional way. I've also met plenty of very violent and aggressive Libras latetly I so don't buy that whole 'balance, peace and harmony' stuff.

Tags
signs, violent