Random Thoughts, strictly Text

david starling

I believe in reincarnation and I was raised Christian lol. I don’t follow it now but I believe there are many archetypal Gods to meet during astral travelling (can’t wait). I also think God was probably a metaphor for consciousness. But I do also believe like what Petosiris said that we cease to exist before and after life. I interpret that to mean our families are not our families but people we have particular karmic connection to.

I’m high but that’s defo what my beliefs consist of.

Sweet Oblivion!

Blaze

Account Closed
Random thought: Are all these "strictly text" threads to avoid having our meme lord and savior JA from posting in them? Guess I missed the war of memes round here.

Dirius

It didn't survive. As far as I can tell, it is an entirely modern phenomenon that only came after access to Indian scriptures, and subsequent popularization by Theosophists.

I agree.

The original christian concept was more like "life after death", similar to the egyptian belief that there is continuation of life in an underworld, which was common in almost all the european pagan world.

Reincarnation as in, "reborn again" is a concept from the indian region. Problem is people mix the resurrection of Christ with reincarnation, which wouldn't be the same. The case of the resurrection is a special ocasion because, in christian belief, he is the son of God and thus rose again from death. Resurrection would also be a continuation of your life (that was put to a stop by death) whether on this world or in the underworld ("Heaven" for christians), while reincarnation means being born again new and starting over.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
I agree.

The original christian concept was more like "life after death", similar to the egyptian belief that there is continuation of life in an underworld, which was common in almost all the european pagan world.

Reincarnation as in, "reborn again" is a concept from the indian region. Problem is people mix the resurrection of Christ with reincarnation, which wouldn't be the same. The case of the resurrection is a special ocasion because, in christian belief, he is the son of God and thus rose again from death. Resurrection would also be a continuation of your life (that was put to a stop by death) whether on this world or in the underworld ("Heaven" for christians), while reincarnation means being born again new and starting over.

Two perfectly reasonable belief systems. It is hard to choose one of the two.

Cap

The belief in reincarnation was widespread among early Christians, especially among Christian Gnostics. They also believed that so-called "god" described in the Old Testament is an alien intruder, an interdimensional being that feeds on thought energy of worship and negative emotions. They believed that this entity has an agenda of enslaving humanity, not in the sense of military conquest but in the sense of keeping souls trapped in this reality, what they called "the prison of flesh" and that official Church is conspiring to promote that agenda.

Needless to say, they were wiped out from the face of the Earth, all Gnostic teachings were destroyed, except the ones found in Nag Hamadi in 1945.

Reincarnation In Early Christianity

https://www.near-death.com/reincarnation/history/early-christianity.html

petosiris

Banned
''3. But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

4. And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die'' - Genesis 3 KJV

petosiris

Banned
The belief in reincarnation was widespread among early Christians, especially among Christian Gnostics. They also believed that so-called "god" described in the Old Testament is an alien intruder, an interdimensional being that feeds on thought energy of worship and negative emotions. They believed that this entity has an agenda of enslaving humanity, not in the sense of military conquest but in the sense of keeping souls trapped in this reality, what they called "the prison of flesh" and that official Church is conspiring to promote that agenda.

Needless to say, they were wiped out from the face of the Earth, all Gnostic teachings were destroyed, except the ones found in Nag Hamadi in 1945.

Reincarnation In Early Christianity

https://www.near-death.com/reincarnation/history/early-christianity.html

A dead religion. :crying:

petosiris

Banned
Of course they believed in reincarnation. It’s called metempsychosis.

Reincarnation is incompatible with the resurrection of the dead, as Dirius explained, and as all mainstream Churches believe. Two completely contradictory beliefs with variety of heavens (virgins, new earth, karma), the market for peddlers of hope is quite vast tbh.

david starling

***[Warning: sexist joke alert]***

Adam to God--"Why did you make Eve so attractive?"
God to Adam--(deep, rumbling voice) "So you'd want to stay with her."
Adam to God--"But, why did you make her so crazy?"
God to Adam--"So she'd want to stay with you!"

Gemini888

Different placements. As an Age-sign, given my own Chart, Capricorn, but only because of its Domicle-ruler Saturn. As a Sun-sign, I can appreciate it. Except for the Age-indicator in (tropical) Capricorn, and my Desc in Virgo, I have no Earth-sign placements in my Natal-chart. But I get along well with Earth-sign people. They've given me much-needed help in dealing with the materialistic Age we're living in. Of my 6 most personal (fastest transiting) indicators, 4 are in Pisces and 2 (Moon & Venus) are in Aquarius (H12).
It's actually easy for you to make a difference with your highly focused chart. For people with a more scattered chart, it isn't that obvious.