The Moon in Dignity and Debility

AquaScorpio

I have the Scorpio moon conjunct Pluto. But I do have a Sun in Aquarius that might provide a softening to it (or make it worse by pulling me two ways).

From an outside perspective, I feel like it's difficult to communicate my feelings, I try to keep them hidden cuz I feel like I'll be overtaken with emotion if I let them out. I too feel the extremes of emotion, but lately it's been on the very happy end. I think being an Aquarius helps to be more optimistic and appreciate the lighter side of life. To me this placement feels like a burden in the younger years but as you get older and learn to control it, you can use it to your benefit.

iwonder

Re: The Moon in Scorpio

freedomlover said:
However, that is in a perfect world. In the current world, I've found this to be true: First, you have to take into account polarities. Some Taurus qualities are found in Scorpio, and vice-versa. This explains why the fullness of compassion (Scorpio) comes from the fullness of self-worth (Buddha). Without good self-worth, Taurus can get excessively materially-minded, greedy, overly-sensual, etc. Scorpio can get very vindictive, jealous, cruel, etc. But these negative emotions are rooted in low self-worth, self-hatred, etc. So, the lower self-worth (Taurus qualities inherent in its Scorpio polarity) the more turbulent and lower-vibrating the Scorpio moon's emotions become, and thus is debilitated. Therefore the more self-worth (Taurus), the more self-love, the more compassion for others (Scorpio).

But going back to the "perfection" example.... When one reaches enlightenment, which is self-love and self-worth (Taurus) , they automatically balance the polarity of Scorpio. So, I said all that to say this..... If the Moon is truly exalted in Taurus, it is truly exalted in its opposite sign, Scorpio, as well - as in the Buddha's example.

Also, the descriptions I gave are not only true of Taurus/ Scorpio moons, but is true of human nature, in general. The scenario is just "played out" by the Taurus and Scorpio moons. Another example of energies we all have but certain signs "playing it out" are the on-stage/audience energies inherent in the Leo/Aquarius polarity.

Hope that helps!

Freedomlover, thank you for your great post! I've learned something valuable today :)

iwonder

Pallas-trine-Mars said:
The person realizes their emotions can be too powerful, senses the self-destructive power of them and that realize that they need to control them.

I have Scorpio Moon, but I could not relate to any descriptions in this thread until I read this. I don't think my emotional life is richer than anyone else's or that I feel deeper (after all, how can you gauge?)

So either what I experience emotionally is never enough for my appetite :rolleyes:, or I don't let myself fully experience it. I think the latter. There were moments in life when I let myself go, and yes, I could tell it was potentially self-destructing.

Do you, Scorpio Moons, find emotionally satisfying to live through negative experiences (real and fictional) over and over again? I never realized how often I did it until I began to pay attention.

Claire19

Natively I have a Scorpio Moon and it's quite difficult to live with. I already have a preponderance of water in my chart and having the Scorp Moon just pushes me over the edge sometimes. I find that I over react entirely to certain situations - I don't get angry, I explode. I don't get sad, I get thoroughly depressed. I'm not happy, I'm euphoric etc. This Moon is one of extremes of emotions ... which is hell to live with if you're the life partner :)

Well, my thoughts on the matter.
What aspects does your Moon make. Scorpio is not really an explosive sign, more insidious and secretive with vengeful emotions when wronged. Jealous and intense, it can also lead to great healing powers.

Claire19

I have the Scorpio moon conjunct Pluto. But I do have a Sun in Aquarius that might provide a softening to it (or make it worse by pulling me two ways).

From an outside perspective, I feel like it's difficult to communicate my feelings, I try to keep them hidden cuz I feel like I'll be overtaken with emotion if I let them out. I too feel the extremes of emotion, but lately it's been on the very happy end. I think being an Aquarius helps to be more optimistic and appreciate the lighter side of life. To me this placement feels like a burden in the younger years but as you get older and learn to control it, you can use it to your benefit.
I totally agree that we can learn to handle our emotions as we mature.
The Aquarius influence is rather detached and can rationalise things to control them. It is a cool placement being airy.

07.Re

Moon? What Moon? Oh, the one conjuct my Libran sun (2°26)!

My poor moon takes a pummeling and the effect from this is that I struggle with memory recall and I behave in a very controlled, somewhat cool manner when displaying any form of emotion.

On the plus side, my unconscious and conscious mind work are in sync and work as one.

As for conjunctions, I have Uranus conjuct moon (6°54), Mars conjuct moon (7°32) and a wide orb of Pluto conjunct moon (9°08).

kbell

I have a Gemini Moon conjunct my south node in the Moon's house (7). For some reason I really identify with a lot of what you Scorpio moon's describe. The intensity, big emotions, etc. I feel like I have dual emotions, though, and at any time they can flipflop. It's taken a lot of control and reminding to keep it in check. I'm like a huge ball of intensity with my moon trining Pluto. I also have moon square Jupiter.

One thing with my Gemini moon I'm finding hard to deal with is the exaggeration. Everything is bigger than it really is to me. My emotions are intense and powerful at times. :bandit: Moon opposition Mars does not do me any favors. My relationship with my mother has been terrible all my life and I only recently began even speaking to her again after seven years of silence. I guess you could say I have dual feelings: love and hate.

Last edited:

BOOGY99

Dignity:

• The Moon exerts rulership over Cancer
  • The Moon is exalted in Taurus

Debility:
  • The Moon is in its detriment in Capricorn
  • The Moon is in its fall in Scorpio

i have a strange combination, i have the moon in cancer, dignity, but in the 10th Debility
conjunct
Mars in the 10th dignity, in cancer debility.

i just have powerful emotions, and they have to come out at times, sometimes in an outbust of emotional energy.

my chart
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/album.php?albumid=90

BOOGY99

Moon in 10 adds accidental DIGNITY, it's an angle. The Mars conjunction - now that could be problematic, I agree. The two planets don't get on terrifically, and Mars is debilitated in Cancer - though it does hold term from 0 - 7 degrees.

Ever get the feeling you're in the wrong place for the right reason?

yes it was in my childhood, i had these outbusts at least every week

As i am earth and water 2 air and no fire

both my parents are libra suns and a combination of air and fire, little water and earth.

we did have some trouble seeing eye to eye.

ALRESCHA

I joined the forum to talk about this.
I guess it's the traits of the Moon in Scorpio that helped them decide that the Moon is exalted in Taurus :biggrin: , but I just can't wrap my head around that. My ego is hurt a little, but, seriously, if the Moon represents our emotional intelligence, why not go with the Pisces-Virgo opposition? Is fertility and finding peace in the very basic things in life that qualifies Taurus still the prime quality of the Moon?
What about psychology? Isn't it time to modernise and stop worshipping the holy mother cow in females? There are other qualities to the soul than mothering, right?
Seriously, if the Moon is the instrument of feeling, why not appreciate the Moon with the highest potential to feel the most, one that is often found in great ascetics?

Bunraku

The key is efficiently dealing with emotion and being comfortable with it rather than going to the extreme of being very emotional

Oddity

I joined the forum to talk about this.
I guess it's the traits of the Moon in Scorpio that helped them decide that the Moon is exalted in Taurus :biggrin: , but I just can't wrap my head around that. My ego is hurt a little, but, seriously, if the Moon represents our emotional intelligence, why not go with the Pisces-Virgo opposition? Is fertility and finding peace in the very basic things in life that qualifies Taurus still the prime quality of the Moon?
What about psychology? Isn't it time to modernise and stop worshipping the holy mother cow in females? There are other qualities to the soul than mothering, right?
Seriously, if the Moon is the instrument of feeling, why not appreciate the Moon with the highest potential to feel the most, one that is often found in great ascetics?

Bunraku's right - Taurus modulates the expression of the moon and lends stability. Also, if you look at ancient and medieval astrology, there is precious little myth driving the interpretation - myth as astrological meaning is a modern invention.

But I question the idea that the moon rules emotions wholesale. In traditional astrology it's said to rule the instinctive mind (amongst other things). I think emotions are more likely to get split up - security may be well-represented by the moon, anger is more likely to go to Mars, love to Venus, etc.

It's the interplay of the moon and Mercury that is said to somewhat determine your mental state and how your rational and instinctive mind work together.

ALRESCHA

Well, I suppose that Bunraku and me could agree that the heart, the soul and the mind are a single thing we could call Kokoro :biggrin:

I understand what the key is, but I feel like we need to shift the paradigm.

What does the soul do but feel? The Moon shines down upon us when we sleep. Just like our subconscious mind, the soul won't leave the body even when it sleeps.

Bear with me, I have learned so many languages and now I can't speak any of them properly, but I'll try to express myself as well as possible. :biggrin:

I agree that the traits of the Scorpio Moon are the worst, and we need an opposition to make balance to it, but, I just can't help but count the Moon as the soul, and I am just not happy with counting a Taurus soul as exalted, when I don't see that it has much in common with the divine. Then again, it's about the value system.

And also, I am not saying that the myth made them decide they should count Taurus Moon exalted, obviously, the holy mother cow myth is not Western in origin, but I wanted to say that the impression that I get is that that's what it comes to, that the situation reminds me of the holy cow myth. When we get to the bottom of it, staying relaxed whatever happens comes from their need to find peace in concrete fruits of the world, and I believe that the exalted soul vibrates on a level much higher than that. Not giving a flying **** unless it jeopardizes my food and all other thing that the 2nd house stands for, avoiding connection to the people, the abstract, how is that exalted, come on? :biggrin:

I see a similar type of cruelty in Virgo and Scorpio Moons.

My Moon is in Pisces. I suggest you agree that the Buddha and I have much more in common than a Moon sign that just stares back at you when you try to talk to them about abstract terms, and goes: God? Can you eat that? :biggrin: I hope you get my point... I am not about harsh generalizations, and I didn't mean to offend anyone! I just wanted to know what other people think about this :) I have only found 1 other person counting Pisces Moon as the exalted so far :love:

JUPITERASC

......but, I just can't help but count the Moon as the soul,
and I am just not happy with counting a Taurus soul as exalted,
when I don't see that it has much in common with the divine.

Then again, it's about the value system.
If your value systems 'counts the Moon as the soul'
then certainly a Taurus Moon by your definition
definitely does indeed 'have much in common with the divine'

And also, I am not saying that the myth made them decide they should count Taurus Moon exalted,
obviously, the holy mother cow myth is not Western in origin,
but I wanted to say that the impression that I get is that that's what it comes to, that the situation reminds me of the holy cow myth.
When we get to the bottom of it, staying relaxed whatever happens comes from their need to find peace in concrete fruits of the world,
and I believe that the exalted soul vibrates on a level much higher than that.
Not giving a flying **** unless it jeopardizes my food and all other thing that the 2nd house stands for,
avoiding connection to the people, the abstract, how is that exalted, come on? :biggrin:
Bob Dylan ~ a taurus moon ~ is most definitely strongly 'connected to the people'
and thus
defeats your argument
:smile:

Cactus

Once in a while I check the forums here. Nothing has changed. ^^^ Arrogance takes precedence, I suppose..Bob Dylan…ONE person among millions of peeps who have a Taurus Moon..does not 'defeat' any argument.

It's really a shame that most posts on this whole forum are supposedly (self-proclaimed by troll) 'defeated in argument' like this.

And I don't see any 'argument' coming from Alrescha, so none there to be defeated.

My husband has a Taurus Moon. I have a Pisces Moon. I can understand where Alrescha is coming from.

:) :) :)

Blacknight

Once in a while I check the forums here. Nothing has changed. ^^^ Arrogance takes precedence, I suppose..Bob Dylan…ONE person among millions of peeps who have a Taurus Moon..does not 'defeat' any argument.

It's really a shame that most posts on this whole forum are supposedly (self-proclaimed by troll) 'defeated in argument' like this.

And I don't see any 'argument' coming from Alrescha, so none there to be defeated.

My husband has a Taurus Moon. I have a Pisces Moon. I can understand where Alrescha is coming from.

:) :) :)
Hey it's one person's opinion versus another opinion. Neither example provided is very objective. And how is it fair to lump one moon sign placement into a corner based on a narrow perspective and expect that to be a fair assessment? Especially when it goes against basic tenants of astrology? Venus is already exalted in Pisces after all...

My dad has a pisces moon. He tends to be emotionally unstable. It would be unfair for me to generalize that experience by applying it to everyone with a pisces moon placement just the same as it is unfair for Alrescha to argue/opinionate a generalized assessment of a taurus moon placement using the same thinking.

And good astrology takes the whole chart into perspective. It doesn't cherry pick planet placements. A taurus moon will behave differently if venus is in virgo compared to a venus in pisces, and then that will depend on the position of mercury or jupiter and so on.

ALRESCHA

I wasn't talking about people's individual charts. :smile:
And it's sad for some people that they can't stop competing, they see everything as an argument. But we are lucky to have them. :smile:
Maybe they didn't count Lunar Pisces exalted because so many of us tend to flee and retreat when the emotions flood us. And I understand. But we just naturally channel the otherworldly, so it made me wonder.
Back in the day, the people worshiped Dionysus, while we focus on the spiritual today. So why not... :D

Oddity

I think my biggest problem with this is that when I learned astrology, I learned that one is to judge the planets, not to judge the clients, because you can't, you haven't lived their lives. And if anything, you should learn compassion for people.

That certainly has turned around a lot. And not in a good way.

ALRESCHA

I am not judging anyone, and I won't be stealing your clients, I have to tell you, now that I understand the motives behind your attitude.
smartass.gif

One thing that I understand about astrology is that being good at it takes having honor, respect and love for all. And it certainly does not help if you count the symbols as the exact numbers from a phone book. One can never synthesize that way.
I love Taurus Moons, I can't say that enough.
Stop misinterpreting my posts purposely, stop it. Stick to the topic here.
Do you have an opinion on why Taurus Moon is exalted?

Blacknight

I wasn't talking about people's individual charts. :smile:
And it's sad for some people that they can't stop competing, they see everything as an argument.

My Moon is in Pisces. I suggest you agree that the Buddha and I have much more in common than a Moon sign that just stares back at you when you try to talk to them about abstract terms, and goes: God? Can you eat that? I hope you get my point... I am not about harsh generalizations, and I didn't mean to offend anyone! I just wanted to know what other people think about this

That part of your post suggested your experience with a taurus moon happened between you and another individual...

ar·gu·ment: A reason or set of reasons given with the aim of persuading others that an action or idea is right or wrong.

There is nothing inherently wrong with an argument. Any time a someone states an opinion, they are creating an argument. Maybe the word has a negative connotation at this point, but that's unfortunate. An opinion is an argument of an idea.

It's good to express opinions and it's good to argue. It's healthy. Part of human development and all that. :)

As for why the moon is exalted in taurus... that's a good question. I wonder if there are historical texts that explain the reason.