Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Vocational Astrology

Vocational Astrology Discuss finding out more about your work, job, career, calling, or whatever you do or want to do for a living.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 02-29-2012, 11:09 PM
bubuza_dulce's Avatar
bubuza_dulce bubuza_dulce is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 407
Wink Astrology of Surgeons

I'm very interested in finding what are the main indicators in someone's chart in order to be a successful surgeon.
And even if we can not find some "rules" about it, I would like to discuss some charts of good (and famous or not) surgeons. I'm willing to put some surgeons' charts (I'll erase all of their personal data) and I'd like to discuss about them.

What do you say? Would you like that?

If there's another thread about it I'd like to know and follow on that one, I found only a thread about physicians in general.

Thanks in advance for your ideas, I hope it'll be interesting!
(BTW, for the charts that I have in mind I don't know the hour of birth so there would be some things we could not rely on.)

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 03-01-2012, 03:15 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,282
Re: Astrology of Surgeons

If you go to the Astro-DataBank at Astrodienst (www.astro.com) and search "surgeon" you can pull up dozens of charts of surgeons.

Mars rules surgeons and surgery. I would think that surgeons' Mars would stand out in some way. Also look for a focus on the life-death 8th house, Scorpio (traditionally ruled by Mars), or moon-Pluto, or a strong 6th house (health, service.)

Mercury rules the hands, so hopefully a surgeon has a strong Mercury, as well.

Generally there is no one signature for professions that works all of the time, however.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 03-01-2012, 08:16 AM
Claire19's Avatar
Claire19 Claire19 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,033
Re: Astrology of Surgeons

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubuza_dulce View Post
I'm very interested in finding what are the main indicators in someone's chart in order to be a successful surgeon.
And even if we can not find some "rules" about it, I would like to discuss some charts of good (and famous or not) surgeons. I'm willing to put some surgeons' charts (I'll erase all of their personal data) and I'd like to discuss about them.

What do you say? Would you like that?

If there's another thread about it I'd like to know and follow on that one, I found only a thread about physicians in general.

Thanks in advance for your ideas, I hope it'll be interesting!
(BTW, for the charts that I have in mind I don't know the hour of birth so there would be some things we could not rely on.)
dont bother loading charts without time of birth. It is rather pointless. Plenty of data online with accurate charts.

I did Dr Christiaan Barnard last year, the famous heart surgeon. I still have that chart.
__________________
The stars impel, not compel.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 03-01-2012, 08:18 AM
Claire19's Avatar
Claire19 Claire19 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,033
Re: Astrology of Surgeons

[QUOTE=waybread;368828]If you go to the Astro-DataBank at Astrodienst (www.astro.com) and search "surgeon" you can pull up dozens of charts of surgeons.

Mars rules surgeons and surgery. I would think that surgeons' Mars would stand out in some way. Also look for a focus on the life-death 8th house, Scorpio (traditionally ruled by Mars), or moon-Pluto, or a strong 6th house (health, service.)

Mercury rules the hands, so hopefully a surgeon has a strong Mercury, as well.

Generally there is no one signature for professions that works all of the time, however.[/QUOTE
Mars in the 10th, 6th ruled by Aries. Many different combos. Surgeons also can be involved with the 12th house of rehabilitation, hospitals etc.
__________________
The stars impel, not compel.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 03-01-2012, 11:29 AM
bubuza_dulce's Avatar
bubuza_dulce bubuza_dulce is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 407
Re: Astrology of Surgeons

Thanks for your answers Claire19 and Waybread.
I was more interested in analysing the charts of some people I know and who are very good surgeons but I couldn't ask their birth hour.
The surgeons in Astro Data Bank are really famous ones. I was more interested in how can someone do it without necessarily being world famous.
And looking at some charts (I looked at 15) I found things in common and they don't necessarily have to do with Mars (but with Venus for example).
I am more interested in viewing literally by seeing people's charts what are the patterns rather than being set to find a certain Mars for example. And I thought it would be even more successful if I'd do it on a forum rather than alone (I'll do it anyway!).
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 03-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Caro's Avatar
Caro Caro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: By the sea
Posts: 1,732
Re: Astrology of Surgeons

You can also break down into specialities.
for instance Im sure I read that a dominant cancer emphasis can suggest a gynaecologist. (Parker astrology) Id need to check out the reference.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 03-01-2012, 01:51 PM
bubuza_dulce's Avatar
bubuza_dulce bubuza_dulce is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 407
Re: Astrology of Surgeons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caro View Post
You can also break down into specialities.
for instance Im sure I read that a dominant cancer emphasis can suggest a gynaecologist. (Parker astrology) Id need to check out the reference.
Thanks, Caro, I'll talk about their specialities. I haven't read in-depth medical astrology and I know only partly about what sign rules what but that's something I want to learn.

So here it goes!

The first chart belongs to a very good general surgeon, teacher, head of hospital. Unfortunately he died.
(General surgery meaning mostly abdominal surgery, liver for example - and he died of a liver disease).
I noticed the close conjunction Mars-Pluto in Virgo, the apex of a kite (if we consider Chiron).
He was a very impressive presence (some people feared him!),was a very good story-teller, had read a lot of literature and was very good of telling jokes.
His above-average knowing of books made me think of that Venus in Gemini, the joke telling of all the placements in Leo and the story-telling maybe it had to do with his Sun/Mercury in Cancer.
His Mercury (fingers) has very good aspects with Mars/Pluto!


I posted Chiron aspects because I've seen they're important many times.

Also Lilith seems to be in the middle of things in many charts and that is something I don't always see. I've read about how between the corrected and uncorrected Lilith there's some sort of canal that changes the expression of the planets caught in-between or challenges it somehow. I didn't put all the Liliths as it would make the chart harder to read. But for example in all of my friends' charts only one has really close Lilith conjunction (so it might appear relevant at a point).
Attached Images
File Type: gif astro 1.gif (43.7 KB, 26 views)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 03-01-2012, 02:06 PM
bubuza_dulce's Avatar
bubuza_dulce bubuza_dulce is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 407
Re: Astrology of Surgeons

Chart no. 2.
Female, 35, plastic surgery. Has had a lot of help from her parents (they both are surgeons) who helped her even literally, operating with her on the same team. Though young has accomplished much receiving all the help she could get from her family.

I noticed the Kite with a Grand Fire Trine and the apex on Pluto (again).
She operates a lot on the face (Aries) with very good results.

Her Mercury (fingers) has rather stressful aspects and her Mars is in Pisces.
But I guess that Kite can compensate for other things she may be lacking.

Her Moon is in Capricorn (or Aquarius) and Venus in Aries. And, if you keep that in mind, you'll see that in other charts this is something that keeps appearing! It's not about whether they could practice surgery but about what they enjoy doing! (the first chart looks more like an exception, the rest I've seen don't have Venus in Gemini)
Attached Images
File Type: gif astro 2.gif (42.9 KB, 24 views)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 03-01-2012, 02:40 PM
bubuza_dulce's Avatar
bubuza_dulce bubuza_dulce is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 407
Re: Astrology of Surgeons

Chart no. 3

Male, 59, general surgery, liver transplant surgery.
Is more than successful! A great authority in the field, with many specialisation degrees recognised world-wide, head of hospitals, director of surgical societies, very rich , involved in politics, professor etc.

And he has a Grand Cross! (considering Chiron, of course)
Venus, Mercury in Aries, Mars conjunct Jupiter in Taurus, Mars squares Pluto (everyone gets out of his way when he's angry), the rest you can see there.

I noticed that tensions seem to "do good" to surgeons. I haven't seen yet one with a relaxed chart.
Also, none of them care for retrograde planets! I used to consider them as something that hinders success (seeing a lot of them at friends with "sad" lives) but it appears it depends on how they're used.

I really feel good looking at successful people's charts and seeing a lot of tension! That makes me think I have really good chances of succeeding with my chart. Nobody could tell me what I'd need in my chart in order to be "successful".
Looking at these charts I would say - some more conjunctions, please! (the "right" ones) and some more retro planets??
Attached Images
File Type: gif astro 3.gif (42.1 KB, 21 views)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 03-01-2012, 05:27 PM
bubuza_dulce's Avatar
bubuza_dulce bubuza_dulce is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 407
Re: Astrology of Surgeons

This is the chart of Alexis Carrel, the info is from astro, I have redone the chart in order to be in the same format as the others.

Scientist, biologist and surgeon, recognized for work in blood vessel surgery and transplanting of organs.

Grand Cross, Mars in Scorpio and in the 8th, Moon in Leo (as in charts 1 and 3), conjunct Jupiter in the 6th.

Mercury in the 5th is conjunct Uranus (he innovated in his field, created something new) square Mars, opposition Saturn, square Neptune.

In the 1st chart we have Mercury sextile Mars (I'm very interested in the relation fingers/mind versus action),trine Chiron and Neptune in the second Mercury opposition Uranus, square Saturn, in the 3rd no major aspect.

I will post some charts from astro with birth time for the people who want to look at that but the problem with these charts is that they, being so famous, were so much more than "just surgeons" and the aspects there are also for fame or in this case also "biologist, scientist" etc.

A lot of oppositions and squares and planets "packed" in three conjunctions.

In case my assumptions are somehow wrong or I do something I shouldn't be doing with these charts, please feel free to correct me or say whatever you need to say. I am at the beginning of studying astrology and words from the "elders" in astrology are much appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: gif astro_2gw_137_alexis_carrel.61313.40578.gif (49.8 KB, 14 views)
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 03-01-2012, 05:49 PM
bubuza_dulce's Avatar
bubuza_dulce bubuza_dulce is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 407
Re: Astrology of Surgeons

One of the people I admire the most, Ben Carson! (I read the book about him - Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story, it really impressed me).

I couldn't find his birth time on the internet, he is not in astro data bank, if someone has the time feel free to post it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Carson

Adult and paediatric neurosurgeon.
A very close conjunction Mars - Pluto in Leo, no aspect between Mercury and Mars but he had amazing eye-hand coordination. Mercury is in Virgo (domicile) conjunct Venus and trine Moon.
Attached Images
File Type: gif astro_2gw_138_ben_carson.63417.28840.gif (42.4 KB, 16 views)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 03-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Caro's Avatar
Caro Caro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: By the sea
Posts: 1,732
Re: Astrology of Surgeons

ok I checked the reference now(Parker)

Scorpio rising with cancer sun - gynaecologist
Scorpio rising with leo sun - general surgeon.

makes sense with both asc and 6th H being traditionally ruled by mars.
also both sun signs high in the chart. these people can have big egos! so leo sun no surprise there!

maybe where mars is placed could indicate what degree of specialism or how they work.
interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 03-01-2012, 06:34 PM
bubuza_dulce's Avatar
bubuza_dulce bubuza_dulce is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 407
Re: Astrology of Surgeons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caro View Post
ok I checked the reference now(Parker)

Scorpio rising with cancer sun - gynaecologist
Scorpio rising with leo sun - general surgeon.

makes sense with both asc and 6th H being traditionally ruled by mars.
also both sun signs high in the chart. these people can have big egos! so leo sun no surprise there!

maybe where mars is placed could indicate what degree of specialism or how they work.
interesting.
Yes, very interesting!
Which of the Derek and Julia Parker's books is it? I see there are many.

I'll try to find some gynaecologists with birth hour to see how it goes.

For example in the charts I have seen chart no. 1 has Mars/Pluto conjunction in Virgo and works on abdomen, intestines but in Ben Carson's chart Mars/Pluto conjunction is in Leo and he works on the brain (a royal area nevertheless). And I know another plastic surgeon with Mars in Leo.

Mars in Leo just seems strong, I suppose it can do many things.

Chart no. 4

Female, 49, plastic surgery.
One of the first females in my country to approach plastic surgery, she started her own business in aesthetic surgery, extremely successful and rich (her private clinic is one of the most expensive).

She has Mars in Leo part of an almost Grand Cross (it seemed like one when I looked at it first). Mars has some stressful aspects, Mercury also, Mercury squares Saturn (like in the 2nd chart).

She has Venus in Aries (like the 2nd and the 3rd chart, so this is the third time I see this in a few charts, I suppose it's their love for action!) and Sun in Taurus like the 3rd chart. Taurus seems to be well represented with planets in almost all the charts. It is somehow logical considering it is "earthy" and "bodily" and in this case it has to do with beauty.
Attached Images
File Type: gif astro 4.gif (41.0 KB, 13 views)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 03-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Caro's Avatar
Caro Caro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: By the sea
Posts: 1,732
Re: Astrology of Surgeons

its the main large text book called Parkers astrology 2003/4 edition.

It is a guide in their general career section - but is quite a useful guide.
for cancer sun a number of medical jobs are suggested. It is a good starting block to see what profession people may excel in.

I would agree about Taurus too. but not libra!

surgical theatres are very hot with the lights - maybe that has changed as it cant be good for infections . but yes can see why fire signs would be prominent also.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 03-01-2012, 07:21 PM
bubuza_dulce's Avatar
bubuza_dulce bubuza_dulce is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 407
Re: Astrology of Surgeons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caro View Post

I would agree about Taurus too. but not libra!
What about Libra? I didn't say anything about it. And thanks about the book!

There is some heat because it has to be a lot of light. And it cannot be cold in the room because an "open" body loses a lot of heat.

Last edited by bubuza_dulce; 03-01-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 03-01-2012, 07:57 PM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,282
Re: Astrology of Surgeons

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubuza_dulce View Post
Thanks, Caro, I'll talk about their specialities. I haven't read in-depth medical astrology and I know only partly about what sign rules what but that's something I want to learn.

So here it goes!

The first chart belongs to a very good general surgeon, teacher, head of hospital. Unfortunately he died.
(General surgery meaning mostly abdominal surgery, liver for example - and he died of a liver disease).
I noticed the close conjunction Mars-Pluto in Virgo, the apex of a kite (if we consider Chiron).
He was a very impressive presence (some people feared him!),was a very good story-teller, had read a lot of literature and was very good of telling jokes.
His above-average knowing of books made me think of that Venus in Gemini, the joke telling of all the placements in Leo and the story-telling maybe it had to do with his Sun/Mercury in Cancer.
His Mercury (fingers) has very good aspects with Mars/Pluto!


I posted Chiron aspects because I've seen they're important many times.

Also Lilith seems to be in the middle of things in many charts and that is something I don't always see. I've read about how between the corrected and uncorrected Lilith there's some sort of canal that changes the expression of the planets caught in-between or challenges it somehow. I didn't put all the Liliths as it would make the chart harder to read. But for example in all of my friends' charts only one has really close Lilith conjunction (so it might appear relevant at a point).
You might wish to invest in a few books on medical astrology, if you don't have some already! Each body-part and illness has an astrological ruler. A good general book on rulerships with medical info included is Rex E. Bills, The Rulership Book.

Jupiter rules the liver. Saturn is an interesting planet in a surgeon's chart, as well, because they are such senior authority figures in their profession, and because Saturn generally teaches patience, hard work, and self-discipline-- all good qualities for a surgeon to have.

This man's Saturn is domiciled in Capricorn, and conjuncts Jupiter. His Mars looks well-placed in health-conscious, perfectionist Virgo, conjunct life-and-death Pluto. These are also the tip of a kite formation. Then the sun in Cancer is suggestive of a man in one of the "caring" professions (not that surgeons necessarily are into a great bedside manner!)
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 03-01-2012, 08:05 PM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,282
Re: Astrology of Surgeons

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubuza_dulce View Post
Chart no. 2.
Female, 35, plastic surgery. Has had a lot of help from her parents (they both are surgeons) who helped her even literally, operating with her on the same team. Though young has accomplished much receiving all the help she could get from her family.

I noticed the Kite with a Grand Fire Trine and the apex on Pluto (again).
She operates a lot on the face (Aries) with very good results.

Her Mercury (fingers) has rather stressful aspects and her Mars is in Pisces.
But I guess that Kite can compensate for other things she may be lacking.

Her Moon is in Capricorn (or Aquarius) and Venus in Aries. And, if you keep that in mind, you'll see that in other charts this is something that keeps appearing! It's not about whether they could practice surgery but about what they enjoy doing! (the first chart looks more like an exception, the rest I've seen don't have Venus in Gemini)
The face is ruled by Aries and the first house. We don't know this doctor's houses, but she's got sun conjunct Venus (rules aesthetics) in Aries. Then we see another kite formation pointing to Pluto. This one, in Libra, reinforces a Venusian quality. Not bad for a plastic surgeon specializing in reconstructing faces.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 03-01-2012, 08:08 PM
bubuza_dulce's Avatar
bubuza_dulce bubuza_dulce is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 407
Re: Astrology of Surgeons

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
Then the sun in Cancer is suggestive of a man in one of the "caring" professions (not that surgeons necessarily are into a great bedside manner!)

Thanks, Waybread, I have some books but I need to study this subject more thoroughly.

This man took care a long time of his mother who had been ill for years. I noticed his Sun and Moon were in mutual reception and he had Lilith in Leo and I read it has something to do with the mother not letting the child go.

He could have been more caring than others also maybe due to his relationship with his mother.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 03-01-2012, 08:28 PM
bubuza_dulce's Avatar
bubuza_dulce bubuza_dulce is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 407
Re: Astrology of Surgeons

Chart no 5

Male, 50, bariatric surgery (weight-loss surgery). A specialist in the field.

This one looks easy! A Scorpio stellium, including Mercury and Sun, Mercury squares Mars (so this does not always gives clumsy fingers, on the contrary. Sometimes I see the square, sometimes the trine).

Mars, the Moon and NN are in Leo (like in other upper charts).

About the weight - loss I suppose we should look at Jupiter (gaining weight and it is conjunct Chiron. This is "the wound" he takes care of, healing others?) and Saturn (losing it?) and they are both in domicile according to traditional astrology.

Uranus/Pluto conjunct in Virgo - he makes people's lives change drastically influencing their health (those planets being so slow I suppose they have to be somewhere important in his chart).
Attached Images
File Type: gif astro 5.gif (41.1 KB, 8 views)
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 03-01-2012, 08:56 PM
bubuza_dulce's Avatar
bubuza_dulce bubuza_dulce is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 407
Re: Astrology of Surgeons

Ok, so now I have an even clearer idea about what kind of Mars I want in my chart, good for surgery.

I would like a Mars in Leo, conjunct Pluto (like I have it, but with a smaller orb), in the 10th house, at the apex of a T-square (not a trine!) and trine Mercury (not square because I already have this one and it is a bit difficult!) And also a kite somewhere to include Mars and/or Mercury.

And a Venus in Aries, Moon in Aquarius for example. Moon in Leo would be a bit too much I suppose with Mars also there.

BTW, I have not seen yet in these charts a retrograde Mars! (though I suppose it could exist in some surgeons' charts)
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 03-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Caro's Avatar
Caro Caro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: By the sea
Posts: 1,732
Re: Astrology of Surgeons

I wonder if a rx mars would be in the chart of an oncologist?.

the pluto emphasis is interesting. the pluto/uranus conj in virgo generation - those who are surgeons I think made it at a younger age(you used to have be old to be a surgeon/consultant) and are pioneering the key hole minimal intervention surgery.

I dont have the full chart for a plastic surgeon who gave an interview. An ugly soul, sun and venus in virgo so very critical of beauty(no looker himeself i might add) , he spoke of 20 years old having botox and this was the shape of the future. He was in his 50's so a pluto in leo. pluto has to be used wisely otherwise it is very destructive.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 03-02-2012, 10:31 AM
bubuza_dulce's Avatar
bubuza_dulce bubuza_dulce is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 407
Re: Astrology of Surgeons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caro View Post
I wonder if a rx mars would be in the chart of an oncologist?.
Why do you think that?

I looked in astro data bank and I found two oncologists - one has Mars in Libra and the other one has it in Scorpio.
I looked over the internet and I made charts for three oncologists, professors, very accomplished, two had Mars in Scorpio and one in Capricorn.
All direct! So very strong Mars and direct. But I'd look in a book about this subject because it is very vast and we cannot jump to conclusions after a few charts. I mean, I enjoy looking at charts but I cannot draw a rule after seeing them. I just notice what seems to be repeating.

Compared to the surgeons' charts in these oncologists' charts Mars is very strong but it has less aspects to Mercury or Pluto.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 03-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Caro's Avatar
Caro Caro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: By the sea
Posts: 1,732
Re: Astrology of Surgeons

I meant surgical oncologists. So oncologists can just work with chemo. this may explain the charts that you found.

the reason for the suggestion (this is a new development in last ten years), surgeons now work with a multi disciplinary team to discuss a persons best options of successful outcome. so they review and do a lot of tests before they start treatment. Previously these people did not meet even in the same hospital and hence the negative pluto influence showing up. This meeting of minds has improved the outcomes for patients!

karol Sikora is a well known oncologist (not sure if he is a surgeon) but he is also very interested in a holostic approach to oncology including complementary therapies. I will see if I get his birth details.
so with a shift in the generational influences there will be a new breed of surgeon born!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 03-02-2012, 02:26 PM
bubuza_dulce's Avatar
bubuza_dulce bubuza_dulce is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 407
Re: Astrology of Surgeons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caro View Post
I meant surgical oncologists. So oncologists can just work with chemo. this may explain the charts that you found.

the reason for the suggestion (this is a new development in last ten years), surgeons now work with a multi disciplinary team to discuss a persons best options of successful outcome. so they review and do a lot of tests before they start treatment. Previously these people did not meet even in the same hospital and hence the negative pluto influence showing up. This meeting of minds has improved the outcomes for patients!

karol Sikora is a well known oncologist (not sure if he is a surgeon) but he is also very interested in a holostic approach to oncology including complementary therapies. I will see if I get his birth details.
so with a shift in the generational influences there will be a new breed of surgeon born!
Aha! I get that! I specifically looked for medical oncologists that worked with radiation/chemotherapy.

I'm looking forward to your data!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 03-03-2012, 02:19 AM
bubuza_dulce's Avatar
bubuza_dulce bubuza_dulce is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 407
Re: Astrology of Surgeons

I looked at 20 charts of surgeons from astro data bank.
I looked at the sign of Mars, NN, aspects between Mars, Mercury and Pluto. And this is what I found:

Mars: 4 in Scorpio
4 in Pisces
3 in Libra
2 in Aries, Leo, Sag
1 in Cap, Taurus, Gemini
2 of all were retro (one chart was extremely old, obstetrician and gynaecologist and the other one was of a controversial figure,Nazi collaborator. In his case Mars was the apex of a Kite, intercepted in Sag in the 4th)

NN was in : Libra - 6
Aries - 3
and others.
In all the cases that Mars was in Libra, NN was also there.
I suppose the main reason for so many NN in Libra was that those people had developed in other lives their Aries-like qualities from which they benefited as surgeons.

About the aspects between the planets:

Mars/Mercury - 3 trines 3 squares
2 sextiles 1 opposition (the very old chart)

Mars/Pluto - 2 trines 5 squares
3 sextiles 1 opposition
1 quincunx (the Nazi collaborator had a Yod on Pluto)

Mercury/Pluto - 1 conjunction

4 charts had no aspects between those planets, that would be 20 percent.

The square Mars/Pluto seems to be the most frequent.

I also looked at the houses Mars was in and the first places were taken by the 1st and the 5th house. I couldn't use all the charts' houses because some were extremely large/small.

I was very interested in Mars in Libra because I thought that won't do well for a surgeon but I guess with other placements (and in these cases with NN there also, to draw them to their life purpose) it is possible. All the more because those people were very famous surgeons so they had done a lot with that Mars.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
astrology, surgeons

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What are the typical signs/aspects/houses of surgeons? Vagabondgirl Vocational Astrology 15 03-25-2011 09:16 AM



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.