Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Relational Astrology

Relational Astrology Relationships and the astrological methods of interpreting them are discussed here.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 10-15-2008, 12:10 AM
HiddenDepth's Avatar
HiddenDepth HiddenDepth is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 63
Soul Connection?

Could someone tell me what a soul connection is?

I think I might have experienced one with a guy..

When our eyes meet I almost can't breath..

his eyes are so beautiful..

And the first time that happened I can remember it so vividly it's like I'm there..

So without going into how beautiful he is..and if he felt it too bla bla could someone please tell me what a soul connection is?


Thank you!


Last edited by wilsontc; 10-15-2008 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Thread is about relationships so moved to "Relational Astrology" forum
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 10-15-2008, 12:18 AM
funkspunky funkspunky is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: dreamland
Posts: 69
Re: Soul Connection?

I think it's like this
Quote:
When our eyes meet I almost can't breath..
Check out conjunctions in your synastry chart.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 10-15-2008, 12:56 AM
nejispirit's Avatar
nejispirit nejispirit is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 251
Send a message via AIM to nejispirit
Re: Soul Connection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenDepth
Could someone tell me what a soul connection is?

I think I might have experienced one with a guy..

When our eyes meet I almost can't breath..

his eyes are so beautiful..

And the first time that happened I can remember it so vividly it's like I'm there..

So without going into how beautiful he is..and if he felt it too bla bla could someone please tell me what a soul connection is?


Thank you!
Well, a soul connection can be differently explained by every person, depending- it really depends on you individually and what it means in your life, etc.
__________________
I don't care what you think of me~
the best of us can find happiness in misery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc0Nlzxe9aY
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 10-15-2008, 01:11 AM
funkspunky funkspunky is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: dreamland
Posts: 69
Re: Soul Connection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nejispirit
Well, a soul connection can be differently explained by every person, depending- it really depends on you individually and what it means in your life, etc.
Hi nejispirit, sounds like you really understand the soul, you must have a strong Pluto.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 10-15-2008, 06:10 AM
nejispirit's Avatar
nejispirit nejispirit is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 251
Send a message via AIM to nejispirit
Re: Soul Connection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkspunky
Hi nejispirit, sounds like you really understand the soul, you must have a strong Pluto.
I do have a strong Pluto I believe, one that is in both of my yods (in one my Pluto is the apex); I also have Pluto conj Vesta in Scorpio, in the 3rd.

Hmm.. let's see, I do have Mars opp Pluto as well.
__________________
I don't care what you think of me~
the best of us can find happiness in misery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc0Nlzxe9aY
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 10-15-2008, 07:15 AM
funkspunky funkspunky is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: dreamland
Posts: 69
Re: Soul Connection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nejispirit
I do have a strong Pluto I believe, one that is in both of my yods (in one my Pluto is the apex); I also have Pluto conj Vesta in Scorpio, in the 3rd.

Hmm.. let's see, I do have Mars opp Pluto as well.
Does this make you a fiesty soul?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 10-15-2008, 08:49 AM
nejispirit's Avatar
nejispirit nejispirit is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 251
Send a message via AIM to nejispirit
Re: Soul Connection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkspunky
Does this make you a fiesty soul?
Heh, I'd say having all these Aries planets in me makes me a "fiesty" soul.
__________________
I don't care what you think of me~
the best of us can find happiness in misery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc0Nlzxe9aY
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 10-15-2008, 09:48 PM
c.king_wisdom c.king_wisdom is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 11
Re: Soul Connection?

Typically in Synastry I look for nodal or AC to MC connections when using the term "soul connections". While these connections can indicate karmic ties or responsibility, I have never found it to be the type that could be described as being unable to breathe.

I am a case study on that, my current (soon to be ex) spouse and I have a very strong karmic/soul connection. the relationship NEVER had any of the feelings described in the OP, but more of duty and responsibility. I have had other relationships that have given me the feelings of excitement you describe, but I would not refer to them as a soul connection.

I think it may be typically in the terminology. When most people hear the term "soulmate", they tend to think of starry skies and violins playing romantic tunes, but in truth that is usually not the case.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 10-17-2008, 04:04 PM
Lissa's Avatar
Lissa Lissa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: On Chiron
Posts: 929
Re: Soul Connection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.king_wisdom
Typically in Synastry I look for nodal or AC to MC connections when using the term "soul connections". While these connections can indicate karmic ties or responsibility, I have never found it to be the type that could be described as being unable to breathe.

I am a case study on that, my current (soon to be ex) spouse and I have a very strong karmic/soul connection. the relationship NEVER had any of the feelings described in the OP, but more of duty and responsibility. I have had other relationships that have given me the feelings of excitement you describe, but I would not refer to them as a soul connection.

I think it may be typically in the terminology. When most people hear the term "soulmate", they tend to think of starry skies and violins playing romantic tunes, but in truth that is usually not the case.
Very well put!The term 'soul-connection',to me,suggests more a relationship through which both individuals can grow and constantly challenge each other.Still,there is a strong element of atraction there,pulling them together even when logic and reasonable thinking tells them they should be apart.And they should stay together until their mission with each other-whatever that is-is accomplished.

What you described seems to have more to do with infatuation.Or romantic love.Which is always good,and can even be very transforming;if that's the case,then yes,it's a soul-connection.If not,it's pure infatuation.Soul-connection is a concept which implies many different things...but the main thing is that people who have a 'soul-connection' come together for the puorpose of learning,as I said above they may not even get along but they were put in each other's way for some reason.And your soulmate doesn't even have to be your boyfriend/girlfriend;it can also be someone you care deeply about who is always supportive of you and gives you great insight into your own inner world.But that is just my opinion.
__________________
I was born with the wrong sign /In the wrong house /With the wrong ascendancy
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 10-17-2008, 05:22 PM
c.king_wisdom c.king_wisdom is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 11
Re: Soul Connection?

Typically I see it as a contract, signed by the souls, to agree to a certain task while incarnate. As physical beings our conscious memory is not aware of this contract, but our subconscious is very keenly aware. Therefore we feel inexplicably drawn to another as if by an unseen force.

Only when the contract is fulfilled can you move on. As always, free will remains in power, but if the contract is not fulfilled in this lifetime....guess what? Yep, you'll get another go at it! And next time the universe won't be so kind......(insert evil laugh).
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 10-21-2008, 07:59 AM
sudhir sudhir is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2
Re: Soul Connection?

Saturn and perhaps Ketu (one of the nodal points as called in Indian astrology) are responsible for such a strong vibration from past life. I hope you were not attracted because of those eyes alone. You could check the position of Venus, Saturn and Ketu in your chart during the time this happened.
__________________
http://to-check.in Horoscope
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 10-21-2008, 09:45 AM
nejispirit's Avatar
nejispirit nejispirit is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 251
Send a message via AIM to nejispirit
Re: Soul Connection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.king_wisdom
Typically I see it as a contract, signed by the souls, to agree to a certain task while incarnate. As physical beings our conscious memory is not aware of this contract, but our subconscious is very keenly aware. Therefore we feel inexplicably drawn to another as if by an unseen force.

Only when the contract is fulfilled can you move on. As always, free will remains in power, but if the contract is not fulfilled in this lifetime....guess what? Yep, you'll get another go at it! And next time the universe won't be so kind......(insert evil laugh).
Gee, that sounds as if it's the voice of a movie theatre .

So basically we are unknowingly but very knowingly "signing" a contract?

Heh, a soul connection can be made for .5 seconds and then lost just as fast- I'm afraid there is no free will in this if you are *fatefully* doomed to fulfill the contract; so basically one has a "choice" but in the end is stuck to "fulfilling the soul contract"?

I can make a "soul connection" with many a people, but that doesn't mean I have to endure a "contract" with them.
__________________
I don't care what you think of me~
the best of us can find happiness in misery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc0Nlzxe9aY

Last edited by nejispirit; 10-21-2008 at 09:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 10-21-2008, 01:51 PM
BobZemco's Avatar
BobZemco BobZemco is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: On a web-site far, far away...
Posts: 2,137
Re: Soul Connection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenDepth
Could someone tell me what a soul connection is?
What you are describing is not in any way, shape or form a "soul connection."

You are describing a rather mundane garden-variety bio-chemical reaction, one of a few dozen you'll probably experience in your life-time, depending on how traveled you are (even locally just around town).

For soul connections in a natal chart conjucntions to the nodes and vertex are the best indicators.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 10-21-2008, 01:55 PM
swanlimbus swanlimbus is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 122
Send a message via MSN to swanlimbus Send a message via Yahoo to swanlimbus
Re: Soul Connection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nejispirit
Gee, that sounds as if it's the voice of a movie theatre .

So basically we are unknowingly but very knowingly "signing" a contract?

Heh, a soul connection can be made for .5 seconds and then lost just as fast- I'm afraid there is no free will in this if you are *fatefully* doomed to fulfill the contract; so basically one has a "choice" but in the end is stuck to "fulfilling the soul contract"?

I can make a "soul connection" with many a people, but that doesn't mean I have to endure a "contract" with them.
maybe insignificant soul connections can be fleeting N
fatefully doomed seems a bit glum N
endurance sounds like pluto to me N
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 10-21-2008, 04:26 PM
swanlimbus swanlimbus is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 122
Send a message via MSN to swanlimbus Send a message via Yahoo to swanlimbus
Re: Soul Connection?

censoring my private mail now Radu?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 10-31-2008, 01:47 AM
HiddenDepth's Avatar
HiddenDepth HiddenDepth is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 63
Re: Soul Connection?

Bob Zemco it was not a 'garden-variety bio-chemical reaction.' I haven't explained it that well, but it was definitely more than 'lust' or that long name you said.

Anyway people asked about node and conjuctions

My Nnode is in the eigth and ninth house

My conjuctions are:

Moon conjucnt mercury

Mars conjunct jupiter

Uranus conjunct neptune

Someone mentioned Saturn, I do have a lot of Saturn in my chart. (Which I'm going to pointlessly list :P)

Mercury sesquiquadrate saturn
Venus opposite saturn
Mars trine saturn
Jupiter trine saturn
Saturn in Aquarius
Saturn square pluto
Capircorn on 10th house cusp, and uranus in capricorn.
Capricorn on 11th house cusp
Uranus and Neptune are in the 10th house
Saturn in 12th house
Also Uranus is in capricorn and so is neptune

Last edited by HiddenDepth; 10-31-2008 at 01:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 10-31-2008, 06:53 AM
Jenna Jupiter's Avatar
Jenna Jupiter Jenna Jupiter is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Censorshipisland
Posts: 212
Re: Soul Connection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobZemco
What you are describing is not in any way, shape or form a "soul connection."

You are describing a rather mundane garden-variety bio-chemical reaction, one of a few dozen you'll probably experience in your life-time, depending on how traveled you are (even locally just around town).

For soul connections in a natal chart conjucntions to the nodes and vertex are the best indicators.
You must have very much earth in your chart.

/JJ
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 10-31-2008, 07:35 AM
eimasai eimasai is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 26
Re: Soul Connection?

Quote:
For soul connections in a natal chart conjucntions to the nodes and vertex are the best indicators.
yes bobzemco.
i would add to that the angles, p.fortune, p.spirit.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 11-02-2008, 08:36 AM
leneshmarie's Avatar
leneshmarie leneshmarie is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ultra Conservative Crapville Pennsylvania
Posts: 8
Re: Soul Connection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa
And your soulmate doesn't even have to be your boyfriend/girlfriend;it can also be someone you care deeply about who is always supportive of you and gives you great insight into your own inner world.But that is just my opinion.
I agree completely with your definition of "soul mate" in that it could be any one in your life, not just a boyfriend/girlfriend. My best friend is something of a soul mate, and we've had many lengthy discussions on it.

Having a soul-connection with someone, that pulling feeling when you look into their eyes, being drawn to them.. one explanation is that you may have known each other or been close in a past life. I've read that an indication of this is your north nodes conjucting. But when you feel that drawn to someone, you should always excercise caution. It's not always a positive thing, that person could have been your controlling, abusive father in a past life.. and now is trying to repeat the same in this one, only as your boyfriend this time. And maybe it's up to you to decide whether you want to let them do that to you again.. that's just one example.

I've experienced it before. I met this guy once, who the first time I looked into his eyes I felt drawn to him, and absolutely hypnotized, and I didn't even know who he was.. I can still remember it as clear as day right now. But as we started to get to know each other more, the excitement started to mix with fear as I felt like something deep inside was telling me to RUN as far as I could from this guy. I chose to ignore it, and needless to say the longer I stayed with him, the more horrible it got.. I slowly started to feel like he was a real danger, and made the ultimate decision to let him go. (which he made almost impossible, were it not for the fact that he is now serving 6 months in jail, thank heavens!)

Also, in my experience, I have a strong connection with people I'm psychically in tune with. When someone elses planets fall in your 12th house, it creates a psychic link. I've researched both of these by pulling up synystry charts with a couple people who I've felt a deep connection with, or otherwise "drawn to" for unexplainable reasons.. every single one has had either their north node in conjuction with my own (indicating past life history), or planets falling in my 12th house.

Or it could be like Lissa said, just plain lust and infatuation. Look at your synestry for factors that may indicate that.. and once you rule that out, then I would consider the "soul-connection" thing..
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 11-04-2008, 08:07 AM
hermetic's Avatar
hermetic hermetic is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 859
Re: Soul Connection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.king_wisdom
Typically in Synastry I look for nodal or AC to MC connections when using the term "soul connections". While these connections can indicate karmic ties or responsibility, I have never found it to be the type that could be described as being unable to breathe.

I am a case study on that, my current (soon to be ex) spouse and I have a very strong karmic/soul connection. the relationship NEVER had any of the feelings described in the OP, but more of duty and responsibility. I have had other relationships that have given me the feelings of excitement you describe, but I would not refer to them as a soul connection.

I think it may be typically in the terminology. When most people hear the term "soulmate", they tend to think of starry skies and violins playing romantic tunes, but in truth that is usually not the case.
this is a great post, to which I agree 100%. soul connections are those that make you grow and learn, that is never an easy task, and those connections always have some heavy feelins that come with them, when you know said person is far from easy and can see many obstacles to overcome(mainly internal/psychological) yet you can't seem to let go no matter what and need to head down that path. It can start pretty innocent, no butterflies in stomach or passing out - I wouldn't judge a power of connection by those, I think those are purely physical, magnetic, Venus Mars aspects. Saturn and Nodes are biggest karmic points imo.

to the op - you need to do a synastry chart with this guy, when we say nodal positions and conjunctions, we mean between your's and your guy's planets, not only yours. So, take a look at a synastry and not your natal chart
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 11-04-2008, 08:54 AM
VENUS's Avatar
VENUS VENUS is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: land of love
Posts: 207
Re: Soul Connection?

bob mentioned nodes and moons signify "soul connections"....what exactly would it mean if both people's moons were in the same degree and both conjunct vertex and north node?

anyone know any books or good sites explaining vertex and nodes connections?
__________________
~venus~
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 11-05-2008, 01:05 AM
RockFish's Avatar
RockFish RockFish is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Brasil
Posts: 803
Re: Soul Connection?

Only thing I can tell you is that no one will know the answer better than your very soul. Soul connections are recognized by your soul, and no astrologer can tell you if there is a soul connection or not. All they can do is interpret a synastry or a composite and describe the quality of the relationship, the conflicted points, the good points, etc. But if this man is a soulmate or something, only you can find out.

If a synastry is a disaster, it doesn't mean there isn't a soul connection; it means the relationship will be difficult, no matter what kind of connection you have..... If it is incredibly positive, same thing.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 11-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Jenna Jupiter's Avatar
Jenna Jupiter Jenna Jupiter is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Censorshipisland
Posts: 212
Re: Soul Connection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenDepth
Could someone tell me what a soul connection is?

I think I might have experienced one with a guy..

When our eyes meet I almost can't breath..

his eyes are so beautiful..

And the first time that happened I can remember it so vividly it's like I'm there..

So without going into how beautiful he is..and if he felt it too bla bla could someone please tell me what a soul connection is?


Thank you!
Soul connection is to feel this in the long run.

/JJ
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 11-09-2008, 10:02 AM
nejispirit's Avatar
nejispirit nejispirit is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 251
Send a message via AIM to nejispirit
Re: Soul Connection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VENUS
bob mentioned nodes and moons signify "soul connections"....what exactly would it mean if both people's moons were in the same degree and both conjunct vertex and north node?

anyone know any books or good sites explaining vertex and nodes connections?
Tonight my dear I have found a small but nice link to a pdf file online:

http://www.azastrologers.org/Articles/BlackNodes.pdf

I find the last part particularly intriguing for I have never come across Past Life links information (with the South Node via another's planet)specific like this before .
__________________
I don't care what you think of me~
the best of us can find happiness in misery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc0Nlzxe9aY
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 11-09-2008, 12:19 PM
VENUS's Avatar
VENUS VENUS is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: land of love
Posts: 207
Re: Soul Connection?

nejispirit
thanx so much for the link, it was so interesting..i love reading about the nodes. "soul connections" and spritual connections interest me so much. i wish i had more articles/links about the vertex. i always google and try and find new links too but i feel like i keep reading the same thing. if u have any vertex links that would be soooo cool!!! (or anyone else.) thanx again!!!
__________________
~venus~
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
connection, soul

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Karmic, Evolutionary and soul astrology Elianah Karmic Astrology 18 09-28-2016 10:13 AM
'old souls' sallyd Karmic Astrology 30 05-06-2010 03:20 AM
My karmic Reading Miss Saturn Karmic Astrology 35 08-23-2008 10:27 PM
Soul Connection watchman512 Relational Astrology 7 12-03-2006 11:52 AM



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.