Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.

Unread 11-05-2008, 04:00 AM

Most positive aspects?

---------------

Last edited by barthelemy; 03-21-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Unread 11-05-2008, 04:48 AM

Re: Most positive aspects?

as you study astrology in general , you will gradually learn the best and worst placements. when i first got started, naturally i looked at my own chart first. i learned how my mars in pisces is the worst placement for pisces. when you think about it, it is because, mars is "a ball of fire," mars is action and all that. pisces is the 12th and last sign of the zodiac thats calm, and dreamy, "sleepy" etc. astrology is all about studying and reading. if i may be exact when mars is in pisces, its in its "detirement". another example, venus's worst place is virgo ( i think for the same reason.) they say that when venus is there its too critical of its partner. i dont necessarily find that EXACT because alll the venus in virgo people i know love to "serve" their partner, and love making healthy food, are generally clean etc. they can be cheap though a great starter book would be LLewellyns horoscope maker and intreperter. good luck!
ps for the degrees, google it. critical degrees are important like 29 deg of any sign and stuff like that. carol rushman has a great book that mentions some critical degrees to "art of predictive astrology."
good luck again
Unread 11-05-2008, 06:15 AM

Send a message via AIM to nejispirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by barthelemy
I am aware that some plantets complement the signs.

What I am unsure about is how should I study the degrees of a natal chart?
Where can i read up on the positive and less positive placements?

chart:
http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...nt=daisy23.png
Indeed, I agree with Ms. Venus up above me in you are the one to decide what is "positive" or "negative" for you;

For example, my Mars opp Pluto can be rather negative at times for me, but my Venus conj Moon conj Mercury aspect can be oh so positive~

Mm, as you come more and more into studying Astrology, you will see the vast areas in which we all come to explore on our own, perhaps seeing things in different lights;

The so called "negative" aspects (square, opposition, etc) can be indeed "worked right" to have positive effects and the so called "positive" aspects (trine, conj, etc) can be worked "wrong" and have negative effects, for ex:

Kurt Cobain had a Water Trine which did lead to many difficulties, some say perhaps it is the reason he was not on this Earth for so long... and yet he had many gains with it as well- influenced him to express his emotions in a musical fashion, thus showing the world Nirvana.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc0Nlzxe9aY
Unread 11-05-2008, 07:04 AM

--------------

Last edited by barthelemy; 03-21-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Unread 11-05-2008, 10:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to nejispirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by barthelemy

Mmm I dislike the lack of water element in my chart.
I def. don't feel that this is a depression looming over me....just, oh I cant really put my finger on it anymore.

PS. HAHA Venus what do you mean by virgos being cheap? the desire to please? I think the misery kills that quickly.
Oh, without a water element, I was not aware of that ;

Anyway, with the "depression looming over you", have you checked your transits? As of right now, all of us are somehow effected by this Saturn opp Uranus transit (I personally have it battling over my 1st and 7th axis which is rather stressful - it has thankfully shifted away from being an exact opp as it was but...)- so check transits, perhaps see what exactly the sky is doing on your planets... if you haven't already .

And I have to say that I believe that associating cheapness with Virgo amuses me because I agree on some level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc0Nlzxe9aY
Unread 11-05-2008, 10:23 PM

barth, Perhaps you opening question deals with planets in their dignities? Planets are especially strong if they are in the sign they "rule"--such as the sun in Leo or Mercury in Virgo or Gemini. They are considered to be weaker in the opposite sign. Then if you google words like "dignity", "fall", "exalted" you should find out what these placements are.

Are you familiar with decans and dwads? Putting them together can give you a better picture of the degrees of a planetary placement.

Decans: divide the sign in question by 3. So the first 10 degrees correspond to that sign itself, the next 10 degrees to the following sign of the same element (earth, air, fire, or water), and the third decans to the remaining sign of the same element. So, so example, a planet at 3 degrees Aquarius is in the Aquarius decans; at 13 degrees, in the Gemini decans; and at 23 degrees Aquarius, in the Libra decans.

Dwads work the same way, except that you divide the sign into 12 equal sections of 2.5 degrees each.There are different ways to calculate dwads, but a common one is to have 0 degrees to 2 degrees 29 minutes 59 seconds as the same sign as the sign you are looking at. The second dward from 2.5 degrees to 5 degrees) is the next sign, and so on.

So a planet at 3 degrees Aquarius is in the Pisces dwad. A planet at 13 degrees Aquarius is in the Cancer dwad. A planet at 23 degrees Aquarius is in the Scorpio dwad.

So then you can put them together. A planet at 14 degrees Taurus, for example, is in the Virgo decans and the Libra dwad. This suggests a Taurus planet that has subtones of Virgo (perhaps meticulous, analytical) and Libra (another Venusian subtone, introducing a bit of the air element.)

Some (not all) astrologers look at "critical degrees", conjunctions to fixed stars, and Sabian symbols to extract more information on specific degrees. You could google these to learn more above them.

Tags
aspects, positive