Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Predictive Astrology > Transits

Transits Transits are the most used predictive astrology technique. This sub-board is dedicated to them.

Unread 11-29-2005, 05:07 AM

Pluto Transits

Since I keep seeing references to several members remarking about Pluto transits....thought for organization purposes that a discussion thread be started...

Sag 8 degrees rising here...Pluto transiting my 1st house since around 1995. Squares and oppositions: Pluto opposition Sun; Pluto square Moon; Uranus opposition Pluto, etc and so on...I dont have the author of the following...this is from early notes I made on transits:

Pluto: Pluto symbolises complete change and transformation ~ not suddenly like Uranus but slowly, profoundly and with a focus on the very depths of our beings. It brings strength and intensity to whichever area of our lives it touches. Pluto transits question the central tenets on which we have built our existence and why we behave in the ways that we do. They bring hidden psychological baggage to the surface ~ allowing us to review and to rebuild matters from a fundamental standpoint. Outmoded yet deeply conditioned psychological and emotional responses are frequently notable candidates for such.

Pluto transits often confront us with highly sensitive topics which we would rather ignore, so it's effects can be very difficult whilst we are working through them. Issues of control, manipulation, jealousy, possessiveness, dominance and power are frequent. This planet can engender a very ruthless response, so attitudes which take no account of the feelings of others should certainly be avoided. It's entry into a house is often associated with destruction and with decay, yet in time a new order will arise providing that Pluto's essential challenges are squarely addressed.

Inappropriate resistance will generally prove useless anyway. It will usually only serve to extend and to prolong this planet's more difficult effects!

PLUTO TRANSITING YOUR 1ST HOUSE (approx. 14-30 years duration)
During this period you may desire increased personal power and physical invulnerability. You may transform your personal appearance and personal expression several times. You may increase your will power, self-confidence, and personal resourcefulness through physical or competitive activities. Through stages of self-improvement you cast off your vulnerable or threatened self- image and assume a stronger, more autonomous persona.

10 years of having Pluto transiting my 1st house has resulted in an 'armed truce' with the planet. I might add its effects on my psyche, reactions, feelings and perspective have been profound (thats putting it mildly :roll: ). As a side note, it was during this time that I earned the nickname, Amazon. Yep, friends and family really do call me Amazon.

The power issues in my personal life have been about 'others', specifically their attempts to manipulate, exert control or to totally dominate me and my reactions to their efforts. I would also like to note that if you ever have to deal with some of the oppositions and squares that I have had in the last 2-3 years and are still occurring presently in my chart...May all the blessings of the universe fill you with more patience for others and yourself than you ever thought possible. Cuz yer gonna need lots of patience...

Interestingly, over the past six days or so, I have been pondering this very subject and reviewing journal entries. Had a great 'aha' moment too...I took a special work assignment in another state 2 years ago to 'get away' from what I thought at the time was dysfunctional family dynamic.

LOL! Guess what I learned? You might move or remove yourself from what you may perceive as the source, but your transits chase you regardless!! In the new state I found the same Pluto issues just with different people. At the time I was unaware of natal charts or transits and have now become aware. So it was actually the energies and reactions I carried within myself that brought out issues in another location.

You cannot change people or events. But you can change how you react to them, positively or negatively. You can change your thoughts not theirs. One of the most important lessons I have learned since Pluto came to visit my 1st house.

So, this Amazon keeps her plutonian charged arrows of assertion lightly sheathed, chooses her battles wisely, welcomes the challenge of introspection and personal growth, follows her own path regardless of what others would attempt to dominate, and realizes that a little bit of Pluto goes a very long way.

And so...where is Pluto transiting in your chart?

Amazon
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Amazon1963 For This Useful Post:
geminimoon83 (02-13-2015), gismeu (11-16-2014), Jamisyn (06-01-2012), junoisuppose (02-01-2017), Nadineday (02-22-2014), patati (06-01-2019)
Unread 11-29-2005, 09:00 PM

Amazon,
:roll: Thank you for affirming that this current Pluto transit
is
potentially one of the paramount experiences
of my lifetime! 8)
On International Women's Day, 1995, I arrived in a
new city...halfway across the country,
with retrograde Pluto newly arrived in early degrees
of my 12th house, in Sagittarius,

so, for the past ten years the deep transforming
consciousness-shift of Pluto's transit
has taken hold of me (wrapped me in a cocoon of
transformation).

The effect: I am being forced to perceive
how I throw my personality around....an individual
within groups/family/society/culture...instead of
deepening my integrity and finding the true source
within.

So for me, I experienced flings with "the terrible girls":cry:

and sad relationship break-ups,

and misgivings after working for folks who were rich enough

to exert a kind of cult-ish, "collective ego" control

over their retinues....and realizing how I was losing touch

with my inner truth,

and how that truly destroyed the possibility of

becoming an effective human being in a solid

loving/working relationship with other people

of integrity and common vision.

Now, daily staying in touch as best I can

with the

source of love....

I see that the past few years have really

been an initiation

period...

(spiritual "timed release" transformation -- thanks Lapis!).

Pluto has crossed my natal chiron, crossed my Ascendant and

entered my 1st house....I've had Jupiter preceding Pluto in the

12th House, transiting natal Chiron, Ascendant and then onward....

I've had a chiron transit and lots of fire-in-heaven astrological

burning away of the chaff....

Hmmmm...let's see....you said,
Quote:
Pluto: Pluto symbolises complete change and transformation ~ not suddenly like Uranus but slowly, profoundly and with a focus on the very depths of our beings. It brings strength and intensity to whichever area of our lives it touches. Pluto transits question the central tenets on which we have built our existence and why we behave in the ways that we do. They bring hidden psychological baggage to the surface ~ allowing us to review and to rebuild matters from a fundamental standpoint. Outmoded yet deeply conditioned psychological and emotional responses are frequently notable candidates for such.

Pluto transits often confront us with highly sensitive topics which we would rather ignore, so it's effects can be very difficult whilst we are working through them. Issues of control, manipulation, jealousy, possessiveness, dominance and power are frequent. This planet can engender a very ruthless response, so attitudes which take no account of the feelings of others should certainly be avoided. It's entry into a house is often associated with destruction and with decay, yet in time a new order will arise providing that Pluto's essential challenges are squarely addressed.

Inappropriate resistance will generally prove useless anyway. It will usually only serve to extend and to prolong this planet's more difficult effects!

PLUTO TRANSITING YOUR 1ST HOUSE (approx. 14-30 years duration)
During this period you may desire increased personal power and physical invulnerability. You may transform your personal appearance and personal expression several times. You may increase your will power, self-confidence, and personal resourcefulness through physical or competitive activities. Through stages of self-improvement you cast off your vulnerable or threatened self- image and assume a stronger, more autonomous persona.

10 years of having Pluto transiting my 1st house has resulted in an 'armed truce' with the planet. I might add its effects on my psyche, reactions, feelings and perspective have been profound (thats putting it mildly ). As a side note, it was during this time that I earned the nickname, Amazon. Yep, friends and family really do call me Amazon.
I'm still in the cocoon, being transformed,
and as we ride along with sun and pluto to
GC, I feel that the mass consciousness may become
involved....

We're just lucky enough to have Pluto transiting our 1st house
:roll:

Thank you for this eye-
and heart-opening post, Amazon!
I just had to respond.
Journaling is a great idea, too.
Much appreciation.....
C1
Unread 08-29-2012, 03:01 PM

Re: Pluto Transits

involved....

THIS is exactly how I feel. With 4 planets (Mercury, Venus, Jupiter and Neptune at 0degrees) in my 12th/1st house and thus my ascendant also in Capricorn it is quite a ride!

Untill two years ago I had not even heard about astrology apart from the daily newspaper section. Still very confused about what to make of all this I KNOW it is happening. But what is happening? And to whom? And why? And then the tiny voice that keeps on telling me I am going insane.

It's a STORM! Any insight is welcome (big sigh)

Love,

Jenn
Unread 08-29-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn18Aqua View Post
involved....

THIS is exactly how I feel. With 4 planets (Mercury, Venus, Jupiter and Neptune at 0degrees) in my 12th/1st house and thus my ascendant also in Capricorn it is quite a ride!

Untill two years ago I had not even heard about astrology apart from the daily newspaper section. Still very confused about what to make of all this I KNOW it is happening. But what is happening? And to whom? And why? And then the tiny voice that keeps on telling me I am going insane.

It's a STORM! Any insight is welcome (big sigh)

Love,

Jenn
Goodness me, 4 planets at 0 degrees and in 12th/1st house.
That's something i haven't seen before, possibly something special.
Unread 08-29-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sven555 View Post
Goodness me, 4 planets at 0 degrees and in 12th/1st house.
That's something i haven't seen before, possibly something special.
Seriously... I'm confused. A total NON believer up to two years ago. Had some sort of 'epiphany'... Slowly starting to realize something. EVERYTHING IS UP THERE. What the...

My Natal neptune is at 0degrees capricorn in 12 connected (i have limited knowledge!) with my ascendant, mercury and venus in capricorn in House1 and sun Aquarius and Pallas aquarius also in House 1.

Now my Solar return 2013-2014 with a little more detail. I'll focus on H12 and 1 for obvious reasons... (srry confusion!)

House 12 Pluto & Juno in capricorn
House 1:
AS 23 degrees Capricorn
Mercury 1 degree pisces
Neptune 2 degree pisces (!?)
Mars 3 degree pisces
Chiron 8 degree pisces
Fortune 18 degree pisces
Venus 5 aquarius
Sun 17 aquarius

Insanity? I dunno... But it feels like A LOT. Oh and Pluto is conjuncting my natal Venus too.

WHat can I make of this that does not sound completely insane?

Love,

Jenn
Unread 11-29-2005, 10:47 PM

Send a message via MSN to Summery Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon1963
You cannot change people or events. But you can change how you react to them, positively or negatively.
Yup. When the weather person tells you that tomorrow is going to be cold and probably rainy, you can either choose to stay at home or dress appropriately and take an umbrella just in case. It's not the weather's problem how you react to the news

Pluto entered my 7th house in 1995 and it's still there. I honestly do not know what to make of such transit especially with the conj with natal Neptune and opposition to natal Juno that are in effect as we speak.

Also, Pluto is about to enter my 8th house. That should be good right? It's like Pluto's natural habitat.

Anyone cares to take a shot at it?
Unread 12-20-2009, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summery Joy View Post
Yup. When the weather person tells you that tomorrow is going to be cold and probably rainy, you can either choose to stay at home or dress appropriately and take an umbrella just in case. It's not the weather's problem how you react to the news

Pluto entered my 7th house in 1995 and it's still there. I honestly do not know what to make of such transit especially with the conj with natal Neptune and opposition to natal Juno that are in effect as we speak.

Also, Pluto is about to enter my 8th house. That should be good right? It's like Pluto's natural habitat.

If you dont have an aspect from Pluto to a particular planet natally then that transit wont have much effect. If you have planets in the 8th aspecting your natal Pluto then you are in for major transformations and changes. Others assets, sex matters, secrets, life and death issues, tax, insurance, inheritance, the occult, corporate finances.

I have an 8th house stellium aspecting Pluto and I know something of all this. However I have managed to change and transform in many ways whether I liked it or not.
Unread 02-28-2010, 03:04 AM

Quote:

Well Pluto in its own domain just intensifies its qualities. Has Pluto been hitting any planets in transit that are echoed in the natal chart??
I would be interested to hear any feedback about Juno which is an asteroid or a fixed star and about which I am very skeptical.

So post your chart and we can see what is transpiring.
Unread 11-14-2010, 03:47 AM

Quote:

Pluto has to contact a planet by transit that is already in the natal chat as an aspect for any major influence. The natal has to be triggered. Pluto and Neptune are outer planets and have a generational and often not personal effect.

I dont do Juno really as there are conflicting theories about it's nature and they are diametrically opposing, the harridan wife or the secret lover or uncommitted affair.... which one????? and it is an asteroid or a fixed star????? I am yet to be convinced of the validity but I am working on that one....

Pluto in your 8th house hitting planets there will tell the story. It is the planet of death in the house of death or passing over, the great transformation..........amongst other things.
Always need a chart....anonymised.........my advice.......
Unread 12-11-2010, 04:48 PM

When Saturn touched my natal (4th H conj IC) Pluto, my mother died and everything good about my home, my base-point (to which I often returned), basically fell apart. I anticipate losing my dad when Pluto reaches natal Saturn in 2013. Currently, I'm looking after Dad - sharing care duties with my sister - which is hard and dispiriting and involves e being away from my own home for long stretches. My life has changed completely, and not for the better.

I don't have so many planets in the 4/5/6 house but my Capricorn 7th/8th house is packed (5 planets + POF) so I'm expecting... what, over the next few years? I just don't know. Right now I feel quite low, I've failed to achieve most of my life's goals.

Currently Pluto is sitting exactly on my DC, conjunct Mars but trining itself nataly. I've written a novel and am looking for an agent, cafe astrology says of this transit, 'Very important people come into your life now', so, fingers crossed. I am the eternal optimist (Jupiter in Sagittarius).
Unread 12-11-2010, 08:43 PM

----------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Mechanical Designs; 04-18-2011 at 01:33 AM.
Unread 12-11-2010, 11:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to smilingsteph

Panik-
That sounds like a rough time you had with your mom. I wish you the best. My husband has the same thing as you, Pluto in the 4th natally with Saturn transiting. We are experiencing a total change in our home with a new baby and he seems to be having a hard time with it. He also has recieved a notice that he will be layed off as of 12/31 so he may have to be a stay at home dad which will be hard because of his issues in dealing with being a dad already.

I wonder: pluto transit is trining saturn natally, so I wonder if the two energies are going to work to make it easier?

I have Pluto in the 8th, with Saturn making its transit now. I wonder what will happen? As 8th is other people's money I wonder if that shows how his job loss will affect me- well I hope that is all that will take place. I am a bit nervous.
Unread 12-12-2010, 03:45 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to PD187540

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panik View Post
When Saturn touched my natal (4th H conj IC) Pluto, my mother died and everything good about my home, my base-point (to which I often returned), basically fell apart. I anticipate losing my dad when Pluto reaches natal Saturn in 2013. Currently, I'm looking after Dad - sharing care duties with my sister - which is hard and dispiriting and involves e being away from my own home for long stretches. My life has changed completely, and not for the better.

I don't have so many planets in the 4/5/6 house but my Capricorn 7th/8th house is packed (5 planets + POF) so I'm expecting... what, over the next few years? I just don't know. Right now I feel quite low, I've failed to achieve most of my life's goals.

Currently Pluto is sitting exactly on my DC, conjunct Mars but trining itself nataly. I've written a novel and am looking for an agent, cafe astrology says of this transit, 'Very important people come into your life now', so, fingers crossed. I am the eternal optimist (Jupiter in Sagittarius).
I also have Jupiter in Sagittarius, but I'm in no way an eternal optimist. Must be all that 8th House energy I have...the optimistic pessimist is more like me

But back to that Saturn-Pluto hit with your mother passing away...
Saturn will be hitting my natal Pluto AND Saturn (since they're conjunct with the midheaven) around Sept.-Oct. 2012. Saturn is conjunct the midheaven by a few minutes, and Pluto is conjunct the midheaven (10th House) by 5 degrees.

Since the 10th House = father, I'm going to make the very bold prediction that my father will either die or be in seriously grave health. And if that's not the case, I refuse to believe in astrology anymore. In fact, his death will be much praised by my mother's side of the family, including myself and my brother.

My parents were separated in 1994, and the divorce is STILL going on. My father has been nothing but pure evil towards my mother throughout the proceedings, and his intentions are nothing but malicious. He's also bipolar, and has attempted suicide in the past with no success.

Who wants to make a bet that at around the time frame I listed above, he finally succeeds? My mother has also recently wished that he'd just get it over with and then we can collect his life insurance, since she's still technically married.

Because of my astrological findings, I'm going to make sure that the divorce is not finalized until 2013 (IF then).
Unread 12-12-2010, 09:17 AM

@smilingsteph - a new baby, how marvellous! Maybe being a stay at home dad is what he needs? Maybe it will be the best thing that ever happened to you both? In my life, and that of my friends, I've often what seems the worst that can happen turns out to be a tipping point when lives turn around for the best. I really hope that all goes well for you, and congratulations!!

@PD187540 I'm sorry about that Jupiter, that it's brought you pain. Mine is in 6th, conjunct Venus and Mars and trine Uranus; I've always had a safety net, even when things go badly, there's always been some compensation, something to cushion the blow. Even though life has not gone the way I hoped or expected, I've always felt blessed, I know I'm extremely lucky in so many ways and do count my blessings - even when I'm screaming at the universe. I know things could be a great deal worse.

The 8th house, like the DC, is a bit of blind spot for me, someting I don't fully grasp. I have an 8th house, and mostly un-aspected, sun but never had any problems with that. We did gain an inheritance that proved a mixed blessing, but has mostly been a good thing for us. How has 8th house energy affected you? I'm very keen to learn more about the 8th.

I am so sorry about your family troubles, that sounds hideous and dire. I can't hope your Dad does away with himself, but I sincerely hope something good comes out of the situation for all of you. There's a lot of bipolar in my family, I have a touch of it myself so I know how desperate things can be. Other family members with severe cases have caused great pain in our lives, too. I hope things work out the best they can.

After all, Pluto is a kind of cosmic flush, isn't he? A powerful celestial caustic soda broom in our personal plumbing - or something. I'm still trying to get a proper handle on it. I don't truly understand what having him (and Mercury, and Mars, and the NN, and today, the moon too, lawks a lawdy!) sitting on my DC really means, I'm reading a lot but it's not really pinging the mental bells. But then I also have Uranus, Jupiter (and soon Lilith too) sitting on my South Node and a Chiron return + Neptune on my MC, so it's a bit hard for me to see the wood for the trees at the moment - which aspect is causing which particular turmoil.

I have to say, tumultuous though these times are, it's all internal for me, there's nothing much wrong with my exterior life, no financial hardship, no great drama in my relationships - life with partner and family ticking along pleasantly enough, all things considered. It's my mental well-being that's being affected, my failure in various careers, the stagnation around my novel (everything waiting on others to move, no way I can move things along, waiting, waiting and several failures I've had to work hard on already), great personal angst over our failure to have a family, regret over lost loved ones...

It's all inside , and if I could let it all go, I'm sure I'd be perfectly happy. But I can't (too much Capricorn). And so I'm not.

But again, I hope things work out well for both of you. It sounds like we're all having a heavy time one way or another. Blessings all.
Unread 12-13-2010, 01:23 AM

Panik, Pluto is in my 12th house. December 1st 2010 I lost my 47 year old son. I have written on this site many times in the last 2 years. I lost my mom, and my 1st and 2nd husbands developed cancer in the same year 2006. My 1st has passed away, my 2nd terminal. I got RA in April 2007. At the present time I feel like I am fighting ghosts from the past. I am reading Louise Hayes How to heal yourself and have started a book I had stored many years ago. I feel by finishing the book I can bring healing to my body and mind. At the same time I am writing a book on my son Michael. He was a tormented man and the love of my life.
Attached Images
File Type: gif astro_w2gw_01_diane_vanzetten_hp_1103_28334.gif (28.6 KB, 9 views)
Unread 12-13-2010, 08:57 AM

@DVANZETT I'm so terribly sorry for your losses. I can't imagine how you're coping, I hope you find the peace you need.

So Pluto's transiting over your south node (if I'm reading it right)? That's a heavy transit, and in the 12th house, too, that's super-karmic. I'm having Uranus/Jupiter over mine right now, in the 10th, which seems tinsel-light in comparison. I have no idea how to get a grip on it, I'm just trying to learn.

I hope you find what you need to overcome your grief. I'm still having a hard time over the loss of my FiL and mother (2005 + 2006), and the slow decline of my dad - but they were/are all elderly, we knew it was coming. The grief of the loss of a child is something I cannot even begin to contemplate. We were never able to have a child (but that's a whole other pain of its own).

Take good care.
Unread 11-29-2005, 10:56 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Power

Heart,

When transiting (planets in the sky) Pluto (transformation, also power) moves through our 8th house (transformation, also power) it is a time when we have the opportunity to focus on and build our power. However, if we do not use our power, we will frequently find that others are willing to use our power FOR us. This can result in our giving up our power to others. At the time of this Pluto transit, there may be issues of control and power which demand us to keep and use our own power.

Powerfully,

Tim
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wilsontc For This Useful Post:
ashriia (05-12-2015), junoisuppose (02-01-2017)
Unread 11-30-2005, 02:39 AM

Hey Amazon,

All 8 Sag Risings unite! And also the Pluto in Virgo generation!

Anyway, here is a little journal of Transiting Pluto in Sag for me:

1995--Go to the Bahamas for the first time, get sick during the trip and have to return back to seminary early.

1996--Go to Israel for the first time.

1997--Stop studying at the Jewish Theological Seminary. Start working at Hebrew Union College.

1998--Start studying at Hebrew Union College.

2002--Leave Hebrew Union College and New York City and start massage training at Heartwood.

2003--Run out of money to complete training at Heartwood. Return to Des Moines, IA.

2005--Still stuck in Des Moines.

Such is life. :roll:

Light is only a vibration and there are vibrations faster than light.
Unread 04-08-2009, 12:52 AM

As far as Pluto is concerned, I'm not fearful or anxious. I want to be able to read my own chart and how planets affect my sign what are trines, how long has Pluto been in my sign, when is it leaving, is it compatible, etc. Basically, I have a positive nature and not much can change that. I've been thru hell and back most of my life, you would not believe it (I am the rock of Gibralter) I am fortunate that way. What was said about Pluto's energy, how you can use it, apply it to your own power, and how changing your location really doesn't matter. I believe that to be true. It follows you wherever you may go. So, when somebody gives you lemons make lemonade! Do not fear
Unread 04-08-2009, 12:32 PM

[deleted attacking post - Moderator]

Last edited by wilsontc; 04-08-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Unread 11-30-2005, 03:18 AM

C1, you hang in there and be true to your 'self'. Its your life to live, your choices to make, your successes or failures, own it! Pluto helped shape who I have become and I like myself a lot better now! Of course there are many other things to consider but I emphasize the Pluto because of such depths it 'touches'. As for the GC thing? Honestly, I dont know if its my limited knowledge of astrology or I simply am not going to be a participant in the event, but I dont get it???? I'm still studying and learning so theres still some time perhaps for me to catch a ride..never know!!

Sorehearted!!!! Gosh, know what passed through my mind when I read your post? You asking for some info about when was a good time to review your resume and resign from the family business. That Pluto transit on the 8th...family power/guilt issues...you learning to be who you are aside and separate from your family. I too, have a very potent 4th house and my 'center' is my family...but is it really? Shouldn't the center of me be me? Dont I deserve to have my own life and path? Maybe I'm wrong but I sensed some similar issues that I have dealt with here. Saturn is currently transiting my 8th house bringing up more or less the same issues that Tim stated in his post (thank you Tim for your very astute interpretation as always!).

Here are my notes on Pluto transit to 8th house..remember its a generic interpretation, take into consideration your own 8th house ruler, aspects, and so on.

PLUTO TRANSITING YOUR 8TH HOUSE (approx. 14-30 years duration)
You may desire more control over security issues during this period. You may feel emotionally or physically threatened through natural disasters or forces beyond your personal control. Sexual drive and appeal is stimulated along with the survival urge. A death may motivate you to take greater precautions. You may be more involved in joint finances, corporate business, insurance, wills, inheritance, taxes, and alimony at this time.

You hang in there too!

Amazon
Unread 06-27-2008, 04:58 PM

PLUTO TRANSITING YOUR 8TH HOUSE (approx. 14-30 years duration)
You may desire more control over security issues during this period. You may feel emotionally or physically threatened through natural disasters or forces beyond your personal control. Sexual drive and appeal is stimulated along with the survival urge. A death may motivate you to take greater precautions. You may be more involved in joint finances, corporate business, insurance, wills, inheritance, taxes, and alimony at this time.

This definition resonates with me. I'm wondering what book this is excerpted from please? Thanks, Amazon!

Amazon[/quote]

Last edited by emilyelizabeth; 06-27-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Unread 06-27-2008, 05:46 PM

I have just finished a Sun/Venus-Pluto conjunction, although Pluto keeps insisting on retrograding back over my Sun (three times, I think, as my Sun is at 26 Sadge). This transit got the heaviest in 2003 when Pluto was over my Venus; by the time Pluto got to my Sun I was already used to it. This was also a time of my Pluto-Pluto square, so it has been a fairly hairy several years.

Pluto/Venus was the worst for me; I have the Sun/Venus in the 11th house, trining a 3rd house Moon/Saturn. My marriage nearly fell apart, and at the time I didn't particularly care except that I had an infant and a toddler, and I was a full-time university student (a rather old one ).

I had an affair with my best (male) friend at the time, which kind of happened out of nowhere; we were extremely compatible on most levels, more levels probably than either of us were with our respective spouses, but it still took me by surprise. Needless to say, it ended badly several months later when I finally 'fessed up to Mr. Archergirl (who suspected all along), and he is of course no longer my friend. 11th house rules, OK!

I also reconnected with the love of my life during this same period; when we met back in 1996 I had been married for 6 months and he was just about to get married, and we had kept a thread of connection despite many years of separation. This relationship blew away every semblance of dignity and control I [thought I] had; I was utterly powerless to stop this thing or the passion it evoked; I couldn't, as hard as I tried, keep any sort of objective reasoning about it. This was the quintessential Venus/Pluto symbolism at work. In the end, right when the Venus/Pluto aspect was separating, I broke off the relationship before it totally destroyed both of us, but it took me another two years (the time it took for Pluto to conjunct my Sun) to really recover from it; and I kept trying to go back to him and restart it (luckily, he was smart enough to refuse).

As Pluto conjuncted my Sun (and trined my Moon/Saturn), I got back in touch with my biological father, whom I hadn't seen in 23 years; and we discovered that we were more similar than different. I also, for the first time ever, went into counselling, where I was able to weave together all the threads I had been holding, and get a complete picture of my past and my upbringing. This was very healing for me, and helped me to work out my other relationship issues (reference the previous transit) and heal the worst damage to my marriage, which has proven remarkably durable despite all the odds.

I am thankful I won't have these particular transits ever again, in this lifetime, at least. I had always felt that people never really fundamentally change deep inside; but these transits proved me wrong. I did a 180-degree turnabout in the way I looked at, and reacted to, the world.

Pluto transits are INTENSE. But my goodness, a lot of good can come out of them. The good can really only be seen in retrospect, I think, as when you're in the middle of it you can't seem to see anything. Having had the Venus transit, I sort of knew what to look for during the Sun transit, which helped me stay a little more detached than I might have been.

AG
Unread 07-07-2008, 01:22 AM

In synastry with two guys I know, we each have Juno at 29 degrees Pisces. In one composite Juno is conjunct Ceres, and in the other composite Juno conjunct Chiron. When Pluto retrograded back into 29 degrees Sag and exactly squared Juno/Ceres, our friendship kind of broke up, it definately completely changed. Now I'm wondering what transiting Pluto square the other composite Juno/Chiron will bring!

Squares certainly bring action.

NR

chart: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk27/Jo75Tiger/mewithstarsasteroids.gif
Unread 07-14-2008, 05:20 AM

I dont use Ceres and Juno and you will find that Pluto was hitting some other planet I imagine. Squares are more internal and need re-adjustment in a basically disharmonious aspect. We can manage them and use them for progress. Have a look at your natal chart also.

Tags
pluto, transits