I'm wondering

piscesascendant

I'm wondering if one of the things women are (perhaps subconsciously, if not consciously) attracted to--physically--on a man who is fit are his traps muscles (when you're looking at him from the front and you can see the muscular, if not slightly bulging, traps muscles over his shoulders. I've read on sites that talk about what attracts either gender to the other, and I've noticed that for women, this isn't brought up, yet seems to be the case with physically fit men they are attracted to.

When I was in physical rehab two years ago and was starting resistance training, my trainer reminded me to exercise the back as mush as my chest and abs. That's when it dawned on me when a female sees a male (either photo or in person) who has his shirt off, a sure sign that he's really fit isn't just his chest, arms, or legs, but also his traps muscles over his shoulders. I'd be curious what the women have to say who either subscribe to this or can at least see my point. Not trying to censor anyone, but responses saying, "I don't look for 'physically fit' in a man, but other things"... doesn't help. And no, this isn't the 'meat market" thread... lol. just curious if people notice that.

I'm wondering too.

What does attract women to muscles? Is it something we are supposed to like? For whatever reason?

Sometimes I look at the big bulging muscle men, large traps, and I coo. Babies. ;)

I used to work out with Dave Chappelle (in Ohio) and he was very concerned with the trapezius.

It is in fact, healthier for the body to be flexible, which sometimes is lost when muscle mass is acquired.

is it attractive? well, not to me, i know that's not what you're looking for but i just wanted to say it. I'm not attracted to muscles. Maybe my own though, ;)

physical attractiveness *is* important, but it's highly specific and not always quantifiable by such means. the men (some women too! :blushes: ) i've liked have been rather varied in their appearance.

could go either way. it's all good.

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Maybe its my Venus in Aquaruis, but I've never been attracted to muscley bodies and looks. I went for looks when I was around 17/18 years. I prefer someone who is a bit 'different', healthy yes but not muscular. A good posture also helps reveal the best in you, and lets you use your body to the best, which goes towards giving off charisma which, in my opinon, its the thing that is quite attractive, in males and females. Feeling comfortable in yourself. :)

wintersprite1

Premium Member
Have you looked into your own chart and what may be causing your noticing? I say this because I am always noticing men's forearms and hands/fingers... and I assume everyone else does, then found out they don't.:whistling: But, the culprit is Mercury and Mars in a tight conjunction on the Ascendant.... Mercury rules my empty 5th house (and 8th). So I have Mercury (rules hands and fingers)lord of the house of lovers and Mars (drive and the default "male" planet) and voila! There is the attraction.

TK

Have you looked into your own chart and what may be causing your noticing? I say this because I am always noticing men's forearms and hands/fingers... and I assume everyone else does, then found out they don't.:whistling: But, the culprit is Mercury and Mars in a tight conjunction on the Ascendant.... Mercury rules my empty 5th house (and 8th). So I have Mercury (rules hands and fingers)lord of the house of lovers and Mars (drive and the default "male" planet) and voila! There is the attraction.

TK

That's really interesting TK, I too noticed hands and I find that what someone does with his hands is more important to me (sort of similar to Neptune's how one carries themselves).