The Astrology of Myers-Briggs Personality Types

1magu1t1on_13

infp

introversion: scorpio rising, pluto in 1st house, pluto conjunct ascendant, sun in 6th house, mercury in 6th house, mercury retrograde, venus trine saturn, jupiter opposite saturn
intuitive: mercury in aries, mercury square neptune, mercury square uranus, moon conjunct mars, moon in 8th house, mars in 8th house, uranus sextile ascendant
feeling: moon in cancer, moon in 8th, scorpio rising, moon conjunct mars, moon trine ascendant, neptune sextile ascendant, mars in cancer and 8th house too
percieving: sun in 6th house, mercury in 6th house, mercury trine mid-heaven, jupiter in 9th house, jupiter in leo, venus sextile jupiter, venus in gemini, venus in seventh house?

i get infp everytime... so i am. chart's in profile

plutoniq

No the planets falling in 7th house to the 12th house is indication of extrovert.
Honestly, I don't know if I'm extroverted or introverted. I crave interaction with others but I also have social anxiety, so I avoid the very thing I want out of fear. Ever since I read your post I've been asking myself, trying to somehow distinguish what it feels like to be an extrovert or an introvert. I...can't say I know one way or the other. The whole "gaining energy from others" vs "feeling energized when alone" doesn't really resonate with me. Honestly both situations make me feel tired after a period of time. True to my Libra nature, I need to balance the time I spend reflecting alone and the time I spend sharing my thoughts with others.

I got ENFP once from a test so I wouldn't be surprised if I were extroverted.

craft94

Honestly, I don't know if I'm extroverted or introverted. I crave interaction with others but I also have social anxiety, so I avoid the very thing I want out of fear. Ever since I read your post I've been asking myself, trying to somehow distinguish what it feels like to be an extrovert or an introvert. I...can't say I know one way or the other. The whole "gaining energy from others" vs "feeling energized when alone" doesn't really resonate with me. Honestly both situations make me feel tired after a period of time. True to my Libra nature, I need to balance the time I spend reflecting alone and the time I spend sharing my thoughts with others.

I got ENFP once from a test so I wouldn't be surprised if I were extroverted.

I can relate.

practicalmischief

I just took an mbti test to make sure, and I'm an INTP. I've had INTJ in high school, and ENTP when I got to college because I finally came out of my shell. But oh my god, I match INTP perfectly.

LaceyM

I have heard about this test in the past, but thank you for the clarification (there were many things I didn't know about it).

LyP

Im' a ISTP

introvert - sun and mercury in scorpio in 12 house conjunct chiron,moon in virgo,saturn in 5 house trine venus.
Most of my planets in south hemisphere.

sensing - moon trine neptune,neptune paralell asc,moon square asc

thinking - moon in virgo,ruler of asc in 3 house square mercury,ruler of asc conjunct uranus

perceiving - mercury in scorpio,mercury quincux saturn,uranus in 3° house

I think that when most of the planets are in the east and north in the chart may result in more extroverts while the opposite in introverts

the temperament can be related to the dominant element of the chart ...
eg
I am istp
istp is sanguine
My temperament is sanguine-choleric
and my chart has fire (choleric) and air (sanguine) dominant.

the temperaments by elements:
choleric - fire
phlegmatic - earth
melancholic - water
sanguine - air

to see your dominant element on the chart go in astro.com, extended chart selection ~> pullen / astrolog ~> simple chart delineation by Walter pullen

and see if your element are in accordance with your personality type

XzaultaX

Im an ISTP
Ascendant- Scorpio
Sun- Scorpio 1st
Moon- Taurus 6th
Mercury- Scorpio 1st
Venus- Scorpio 11th
Mars- Libra 11th
Jupiter- Leo 9th
Saturn- Gemini 8th
Neptune- Aquarius 3rd
Uranus- Aquarius 3rd
Pluto- Sagitarius 1st

1 Degree Aspects-
Sun square Uranus
Moon Square Neptune
Sun Quintile Neptune
Mercury Inconjunct Saturn
Venus Quintile Jupiter
Mars SemiSextile Jupiter
Neptune Septile Pluto

Kirka

One of the major issues with it, is it assumes the cognitive functions manifest as distinct behaviors. It doesn't work that way. It is a theory of how someone thinks, and not much else. To extrapolate behavior from thinking is not going to be consistent enough to base that on. The best way to determine someones type is by viewing body language cues (which is subconscious) and interviewing the individual.

Exactly, and it seems to me most people are discussing this topic from a wrong point, it's not about being more or less emotional or logical person, or being more or less judgmental, introverted etc.
The test simply explains how someone takes information in and process them.
I'm going to link few pages for people who are interested in reading about cognitive functions.

It would be fun to try and link them to certain aspects in natal charts...

http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/

http://www.typeinmind.com/fise/

https://personalityhacker.com/nicknames-for-8-jungian-cognitive-functions/