A calling question, and MR.

barbh

Account Closed
Hi again

I'm using an old question, but since a new activity or circumstance has happened, I asked it again, and since I'm obsessed with learning about receptions lately (got Lilly's book and can't put it down!) and how they work, I'd like to see how it plays out here.

I had asked a question previously about whether or not this dude would call me, after giving him my number, and it looked like a 'maybe.'

I hadn't heard from him for two weeks, so was wondering if this indeed was the end. Which is fine, I just need to know. Then I saw him today, just in a very fast passing sort of way, (this answered the horary asked on the 14th listed under the thread about reception and perfection) and he informed me that he has been away on vacation. Yep, he's all tanned. I didn't linger at all and just went on my way, but I figured it was good that he got to see me, perhaps it would shake him up a bit. It was then that I asked 'would he indeed call me, especially after seeing me'. It has to be radical because I was totally in the moment and had to know.

11:37am Apr 16, 2008 Vanc BC

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?rs=3;btyp=w2gw;cid=pjjfileW0cXEQ-u1207430240;nhor=1

25.50 Cancer rising
I'm the moon at 15 virgo in the 3rd
He's Saturn at 2 virgo right on the cusp of the 3rd, altho moving away from it into the 2nd

Reception-wise..We both are in virgo, so we both receive mercury by domicile and exaltation, and mercury and saturn (him) are in MR by terms. Here is that thing again when the quesited and the querent have something in common...here it's mercury, and since mercury is ruling the 3rd and is the natural ruler of calling, I guess we both 'like' the calling.

The question was....would he call, not me, so would he (saturn) and the call (mercury) being in MR by terms, mean that it's a yes?

I'm going to quote Lilly here;

When the significators have no aspect to each other, or when it seems very doubtful what is promised by square or opp, if MR happens between the principle significators, the thing is brought to pass, and that without any great trouble, and suddenly to the content of both parties.
Now, I'm not involved in the MR, so maybe it doesn't apply here? THere is no MR between Saturn and the moon, just saturn and merc. I'm curious as to what this signifies.

Let's see, the Part of Fortune is strong and fortunate in the 5th house of dates, and in Sag, the sign of Jupiter. It's also trine Venus in the 10th house, which Lilly has listed as a fortunate aspect, altho Venus is weak, but strong accidental dignity, and ruling the end of the matter. That's all good.

Mercury, ruler of the 3rd and of calling in general, has just passed the conjunction to the sun, or him, if we want to use the animal male side of him. This would indicate that we just did indeed speak.

The moon in virgo is peregrine, angular, and increasing in light. The moon last conjuncted Saturn 14 degrees ago (which is about when this whole phone call thing started), and will translate to sextile an unfortunate mars in the 12th, and then trine a weak Jupiter in the 6th. Mars rules the 5th, and Jupiter rules the 9th, and is conjunct him. I don't know if that means anything or not connected to this question.

There is no aspect between me (moon), him (saturn) and mercury (call), except by reception as explained above. Mercury is at the very end of Aries and will enter Taurus tomorrow. Well, maybe that will bring something to light....as Mercury enters Taurus she will trine that Saturn on the 3rd, so maybe that's the timing? Actually, Mercury trines Saturn on Friday in real time...or in 4 degrees.

But what about the moon (me?) Doesn't the moon need to be involved in this somehow? Or, maybe not.

The sun, animal side of him, and venus, animal side of me, are both in aries, so we both quite like Mars, or like the same thing. The moon wil next aspect mars in 2.5 degrees, or that mars will then oppose jupiter on the Dsc in 3 degrees. Again, with the timing. I'd like to know how to time things when there are different aspects abounding. But, the question was about calling.. so we need to use mercury in there.

I'm going to say Friday...merc trine saturn in real time. Anybody else have a take....or even if it will happen??

thanks for all input
always learning, learning :)
barb

starlink

Hello Barb! Let's see. You said:
We both are in virgo, so we both receive mercury by domicile and exaltation
You dont receive Mercury here (that would be for instance if Merc. falls in your sign, like Cancer and for Saturn in Capri.) but you are both disposited by Mercury and this is most interesting! Mercury is leaving the Cazimi position with the Sun (which is 17.5 minutes orb with the Sun) and moves into the outgoing combust position which is not so very nice. Merc. is already 32 minutes past the Sun's conjunction and Mercury is also VOC and has little power to act where he is, regardless his accidental dignity in the 10th.

Moon is leaving the conjunction with Saturn. Moon has no essential dignities in Virgo, only if it would have been a night chart which is not the case.
Saturn is also not in any dignity term of Virgo. He is in term of Mercury, it's dispositor which is in a weak state as we have seen.

There is not really a mutual reception between Moon and Saturn. Reception would be if Saturn is in triplicity, term , face or exhaltation of the Moon, and Moon in the same dignities of Saturn. Here, only their dispositor is the same and Mercury receives both Moon and Saturn in his sign, so that could show the meeting you had, which was quite accidental (Merc. is accidentally dignified). At least that is how I see it and I might be wrong of course.

the Part of Fortune is strong and fortunate in the 5th house of dates,
Frawley says about the POF that it only works when it is making a conjunction to a planet, a cusp or an opposition. Other aspects like trines and sextiles he does not see as specific apparently. (I did before, now I treat it with care). Is POF in Scorpio or Sag.? and if in Scorpio and in a later degree than the Moon, Moon maybe makes a sextile to it.

The moon in virgo is peregrine, angular, and increasing in light
The moon is not angular Barb. She is in the 3rd house, not the 4th.
Peregrine is right however and this takes his "taking action" away.
Moon being in the 3rd shows that you would like very much that he calls you. Your emotions, are connected with the communications house.

The sun, animal side of him, and venus, animal side of me, are both in aries, so we both quite like Mars, or like the same thing
Mmmm.... are you sure about that? Venus is in detriment in Aries and Mars is in fall in Cancer and weak in the 12th. However, Venus is accidentally dignified and in her own term so I think you are more attracted to him than he to you.
To see if someone likes you, you actually look at the receptions between the planets. In one of the terms, you like each other, in each others exaltation, you adore one another, in face, so so, in fall, not at all, you hate one another. Here we are not faced with MR between the significators and just having Venus in the sign of Mars is not really so significant. You are then in his sign, but you are in fall in his sign. He does not like you at all that would translate to and if I can believe you, this is not the case, which proves the fact that just having Venus in sign of the Male does not show likeness of not.
Sun is his animal male side. That is very strong, very sexy in Aries (did I not mention that the last time as well?).

I would say, that if you want to know if you will get a call, then look at Mercury as being ruler of your 3rd and see if it makes an aspect to your Asc. or Moon. To Asc. he does not. He passed the square. To Moon also not.

I am afraid there will be no call. End of the matter, ruled by Venus, is in fall and will square Mars.

I really hope I am wrong Barb. I sound like the messenger of doom and gloom here, but that's how I see things I'm afraid. Maybe AG, if she sees this thread, can add something more positive, something I have not noticed.

Cheers, Star.

Last edited:

barbh

Account Closed
Hi Star

Thanks for that.
Well, horary is quite the eye-opener isn't it?

I still don't get the 'receiving' terminology. How do I express it when, say, Saturn really likes Mercury by rulership, exaltation and terms? Do I say Saturn is in the rulership, exaltation and terms of Mercury??

I have a couple of questions about your delineation.

Star said:

Venus is in detriment in Aries and Mars is in fall in Cancer and weak in the 12th. However, Venus is accidentally dignified and in her own term so I think you are more attracted to him than he to you.

His ruler is Saturn, not Mars. Wondering why would you be looking at Mars?? I was looking at Saturn for him, and the Sun for his animal side. Venus is in the sign of Mars, but he isn't Mars. Him, as Saturn, likes Venus by triplicity, but Venus is also in fall in Virgo too. So, that must mean he likes the animal side of me, but in fall as well, so part of him doesn't like me. Venus, as my animal side, really loves the Sun, as the Sun is exalted in Aries, and in triplicity...so I do love his sexy side, but I hate Saturn, since Saturn is in detriment in Aries. I can see this split in myself...really liking the sexy side of him, and really not liking another part of him at the same time. Perhaps he has the same feeling with me, with Saturn liking Venus by triplicity, and disliking by fall. Maybe I do like him more though, since Venus likes the Sun by exaltation, and he has no exaltation with me?
The moon and Saturn don't have any MR as you pointed out, but Saturn and Venus, and the Sun and Venus do, so Venus, the animal side of me, does have a part in this.

Is this correct, and if not, can you explain? I really need to know how he feels about me, and if it's not great, I need to know that.

So, what's the deal with Mars? Am I not correct that Venus and the Sun (animal sides of us) are both interested in Mars, since we both like Mars by rulership? Wouldn't that mean we are both interested in the same thing....the whole sexy side of this interaction? Mars rules the 5th, but is weak in the 12th. Couldn't we say that we both are interested in a date (5th house), but it may have a hard time happening because its ruler, Mars is so weak? The moon's next aspect is to that mars, but as you say, the moon is weak too, so it may not be strong enough to get it to happen. Well, it would have to start with a contact wouldn't it...so the contact is the key.

I'm also questioning Mercury. If he, Saturn, really likes Mercury by rulership, exaltation and terms, (not sure how to phrase it), doesn't that mean that he too is interested in the phone call?

And, why doesn't MR between Saturn and Mercury mean anything? Because the moon, me, needs to be in there too?

And lastly, why doesn't Mercury leaving her void state and entering Taurus and then trining that Saturn on the 3rd mean a phone call??

What does Jupiter on the Dsc mean? And does the mars jup oppositon have a bearing on all this?

Well now...there's a squillion questions for 'ya :p

Inquiring minds and all.....
am looking forward to hearing what you say

I too would love to hear AG's take on this too.
She's been dead right on everything so far...

thank you thank you
barb

starlink

Hi Barb! You asked:
His ruler is Saturn, not Mars. Wondering why would you be looking at Mars??
I only said this in reply to :
The sun, animal side of him, and venus, animal side of me, are both in aries, so we both quite like Mars, or like the same thing
I agree, I said that wrongly.I meant that Venus likes "the same thing" more than he does. (if you can take this being ruled by Mars as sex. I am not sure about that).

I can see this split in myself...really liking the sexy side of him, and really not liking another part of him at the same time.
Very good Barb!
Maybe I do like him more though, since Venus likes the Sun by exaltation, and he has no exaltation with me?
Yes indeed! You are seeing that also correctly!
You asked:
How do I express it when, say, Saturn really likes Mercury by rulership, exaltation and terms? Do I say Saturn is in the rulership, exaltation and terms of Mercury??
OK, I also have to concentrate on these, dont think this comes easily to me:).
You express it like this: Saturn is in Mutual Reception by term, rulership, exaltation, triplicity, fall.
If you find Saturn in the sign of Mercury's rulership: Saturn in Virgo ,
Saturn then is under spell of Mercury, so he likes Mercury a lot. He even adores Mercury when he is in Virgo because Mercury is also exalted in that sign. This would be the case with a night chart only. Mercury in Virgo is ruler by night in this sign. So in this chart he is only exalted, not the ruler.

It is the other way around in Gemini. There Mercury rules by day and is NOT exalted and only rules the triplicity by night. I can break my neck over these differences, just terrible!!

Now Mercury in this chart is at 27° Aries and that degree falls in the term of Saturn. Term is far less strong than rulership or exaltation. But still, Mercury likes Saturn.
Saturn in this chart falls at 1°55' Virgo, in term of Mercury so we have the same likeness here.
But dont forget that Mercury is not your ruler. Moon is.
Mercury rules your 3rd.

So you could say that you would like the idea of Saturn(him) calling you and he likes the idea of giving you a call.
But then we have to look a bit further and we see that the call is combust.
How can we interprete this now.
You cannot take the Sun instead of him. Sun only shows his sexy side if you ask me. You could take Mars as the natural ruler of men.
Saturn is retrograde. This is important. He moves back, he retreats. This is also seen by that Mars hiding in the 12th I think. Either that, or he is thinking about it (shall I , shall I not?).

And lastly, why doesn't Mercury leaving her void state and entering Taurus and then trining that Saturn on the 3rd mean a phone call??
OK, Mercury will trine Saturn just after leaving his sign, so there will be a contact between him and your 3rd house ruler. Maybe that shows a call . But
Mercury will still be combust though. combust means that "something cannot be seen or someone does not see it" but with a call I really dont know how to interprete this. Merc. is not a person.

Am I not correct that Venus and the Sun (animal sides of us) are both interested in Mars, since we both like Mars by rulership? Wouldn't that mean we are both interested in the same thing....the whole sexy side of this interaction?
Personally I dont think so, but I could be wrong of course. Mars is not the animal side of the man, Sun is. Venus is not you, it is the natural ruler of women, I dont think it shows the animal side of a women.
So his animal side is ruled by Mars in fall, in the 12th. He might look sexy but probably is not so hot as he looks to you.

We could as a back-up look at Mars (male) and Moon (you) and then we do see a sextile, which shows a possibility, an opportunity.
His 3rd house is ruled by Jupiter, also in fall and term of the hiding and secretive Mars AND Mars is going to oppose his call. Both cadent planets. So there is a "weak" contact there and being an opposition, that to me shows he does not make the call.
I will PM AG quickly, ask her to have a look at this. I also want to know and 4 eyes see more than just 2.
Hope she can give it the look-over:)
Cheers, Star.

Last edited:

barbh

Account Closed
Hi Star

Thanks for all your great answers to my never-ending questions :p !

You could take Mars as the natural ruler of men.

I didn't know you could use Mars for men in general. I read Frawley saying you could use the Sun, or the ruler of the 7th, but that's it.

Venus is not you, it is the natural ruler of women, I dont think it shows the animal side of a women.
So his animal side is ruled by Mars in fall, in the 12th. He might look sexy but probably is not so hot as he looks to you.

ha ha! I like that you said that...maybe he's not so great? However, when I was referring to Venus, I was referring to Frawley's use of Venus.
He says

'The man, whether querent or quesited, will be given the Sun as cosignificator and the woman, Venus. This is only in relationship questions. Do not use Mars instead of the Sun, even if the sun is already in use. p. 192

Just wanted to clarify why I was using Venus and the Sun here.

I am curious as to what role mars will play here. And mercury combust too....
When I say will he 'call', i'm really meaning contact in general terms. He could just as easily come and knock on my door, so I'm just wondering if he'll initiate some sort of contact, and calling seems to be the most obvious.

Thanks for PM ing AG. Would love to get her take here.
Thanks for your input Star. Always appreciated and you sure do make me think!!!

thanks tons
barbh

Last edited:

starlink

Thank you Barb, more than welcome. Yes, I know about Frawley's use of the Sun. I have Anthony Louis's book also. He uses Mars for any male person (like if you look for the thief and if he is signified by Mars, you can be sure he is a male) and Venus as an extra for a female. AG often could see that someone was married or had a girlfrien because of a sextile or conjunction to Venus.
I take the Sun more as a physical aspect, the sexy, animal aspect of the male, showing us where he projects that in the chart. I use Mars more as yet another significator for "a male".

In his book on page 16, he writes:

Mars, men ages twenty-five to thirty-five
Sun, men ages thirty-five to forty-five
Jupiter, middle-aged men
Saturn, aging old people, solitary people, the father
Venus, young women, the mother, wife

Different astrologers use often different methods and I dont really want to be fixed on one astrologer in particular. I take the parts I agree with most from each one usually.

Louis for instance also uses minor aspects like semi-squares, semi-sextiles and sesquiquadrates, but only does that when the major or semi-major (quincunx, reception, parallel) aspects provide insufficient information and only when they apply when:
* the minor aspect is nearly exact within 1° of orb
* The planets are dignified or exalted by house or sign
* The planets are in mutual reception
* one or both significators are closely conjunct a benific fixed star such as Spica or the Part of Fortune.

Then you have astrologers like Joan McEvers, who disregards orbs and allows all significators and the Moon to perfect all the aspects they can before leaving their signs. (I dont agree with this).

There are aspects being made after the planets leave their signs (like in this chart Mercury will trine Saturn). This often shows that things will happen after a change of circumstances (the change of signs).

Louis also looks at modern planets as indicators certain circumstances (not as rulers), like Uranus/Neptune conjunction in the 4th, suggestive of a major change in the domestic environment. (I myself do use the moderns in such a way, especially when very obviously placed conjunct an angle of a house and especially in angular houses).

There is so much in horary, we just have to try it out a bit for ourselves as well and at the same time use our intuition.

Cheers, Star.

AH GREAT! AG IS COMING!!

archergirl

Hi folks,

(Starlink, you embarrass me!:eek: :p ).

I think the simple answer to this question is 'probably yes....after a time'.

Barb, I agree that Saturn and the Moon are both Mercury-ruled, and Mercury rules communications in this context. Because there is no direct aspect between the two significators, it pays to look at the antiscia of the planets to see whether there is any contact.

Saturn's antiscion is at 28.05 Aries: Mercury applies to conjunct in 'two and a bit' degrees. This is a 'yes', I would think, with a time-period involved of 'two somethings'. Mercury's antiscion is at 2.20 Virgo: Saturn retrogrades away from it, but will soon station direct and come back to meet it again. It may be that he is vacillating on it; especially since Mercury himself is just coming out of combustion, there are probably 'unforeseen circumstances' around the delay. There is an excellent delineation of a 'contact' question in The Horary Textbook on page 105.

The Moon in Virgo makes its next aspect to Mars, hidden in the 12th. This may be because 'nookie on the brain' might be a secret (or not-so-secret) motivator in this question...;)

If we use Frawley's man/woman methods, we see that the Sun, his 'animal man' is quite interested in your 'animal woman' as he receives you by exaltation. You, however, are in your detriment here...I'll leave you to figure that one out!:p As a 'thinking being' he is not much interested in your 'animal woman' as Venus is in the sign of Saturn's fall. But he likes your booty.

Both the 'animal natures' of y'all are interested in Mars: 5th ruler. This is definitely a booty call. Heh heh!

Okay, but seriously, I think he'll call, although there will be a delay.

One other thing:

The moon in virgo is peregrine, angular, and increasing in light.

The moon isn't angular; it's smack dab in the middle of the third house, which is cadent. There's not much 'oomph' or urgency here; maybe another reason why there's been such a delay.

Saturn retrograding over the 2nd angle (his 8th house) may mean that he has some financial woes he is currently dealing with: debt repayment or loans or something.

Toodle-pip.
AG:)

barbh

Account Closed
Hi AG

Thank you!!

You make it all SO clear! Thanks for that. I followed most of it. The only part I didn't get, technically speaking, is when you said the Sun receives Venus by exaltation. I'm still having trouble reading these tables. I see, in my little dignity chart, that in Aries, the Sun is in exaltation and triplicity by day, and Venus is in detriment. Wouldn't that mean that the Sun in Aries exalts himself? And that Venus in Aries exalts the Sun as well? I like what you said, but I just don't get it.

The other technical bit I didn't get was the antiscia. I see that the antisicia of Saturn is 28 Aries 05 as you mentioned. Mercury in the chart is 27 Aries 40. Wouldn't that mean that Mercury would conjunct the antisicia of Saturn in '25 minutes? you mentioned two degrees and a bit....where is that? I'm obviously not seeing something correctly here.

Those financial woes you mentioned could be his future divorce proceedings, or just trying to juggle the cost of two places to live now instead of just one, since he's separated, but still paying for the main house. You know the drill.

Well, thanks for that optimistic reading. The delay thing is hard, especially since I don't know what he's waiting for, altho it could be waiting for some kind of settlement to come down or something, or debt repayment as you mentioned.

Ok, so will keep on the lookout in two 'somethings'. Two days is today....doubtful. Two weeks will be the 30th....two months would be rather depressing, and I think I'd have moved on by then! I guess two weeks could be the best guess here.

Will report back when something happens.

Thanks again for your expert insight!!!!! It really truly helps.

thanks
barb

archergirl

The other technical bit I didn't get was the antiscia. I see that the antisicia of Saturn is 28 Aries 05 as you mentioned. Mercury in the chart is 27 Aries 40. Wouldn't that mean that Mercury would conjunct the antisicia of Saturn in '25 minutes?

Aargh! :eek: I am having real trouble with my math lately! You are right, it is much less than 'two somethings', and I have no idea where I got that...I'm working too much lately, I think...:p

Okay, so 1/3 of a degree, or 25 'somethings'. Possibly days, I would think. I doubt it would be 'months': that would make it two years!

But yes, read the delineation on pg. 105. It makes a lot of sense.

And this:
The only part I didn't get, technically speaking, is when you said the Sun receives Venus by exaltation. I'm still having trouble reading these tables. I see, in my little dignity chart, that in Aries, the Sun is in exaltation and triplicity by day, and Venus is in detriment. Wouldn't that mean that the Sun in Aries exalts himself? And that Venus in Aries exalts the Sun as well? I like what you said, but I just don't get it.

You got it, for the most part. The 10th house, exalted Aries Sun is VERY dignified; this man is a hottie. He, as an 'animal man', receives you, Venus, into his sign of exaltation; so you, as a womanly being, are very welcomed by his manly being. Yes, this puts you into detriment, but because he is so dignified, this might be equated somewhat to a pauper being warmly welcomed into the house of the king, and treated most graciously. But the energies are very uneven, even overpowering. This is not a relationship of equals, put it that way. Very nice for rubber and black leather sorts of relationships. *giggle*

Cheers,

Last edited:

barbh

Account Closed
Cool!
Ok, so 25 days could be it, or just over one third of a month, which could be 10 days ish. either one could work right??

page 105 looks good. Will get right into it

thanks AG
barb

Last edited:

starlink

Hi Barb!
Sun receives Venus by exaltation
means that Venus is placed in the exaltation sign of the Sun. Sun is exalted in Aries, so Venus is falling in (received by) the Sun this way.

Wouldn't that mean that Mercury would conjunct the antisicia of Saturn in '25 minutes?
Yes, I saw this as well. I think you are right there.
I wanted to look at the Antiscia thing but forgot it!! And I just studied it, silly me. Oh well, next time.

AG, would just this Antiscia really overcome the other debilities etc. in this chart? What I thought could be significant for "a call coming her way" was the trine of Mercury to Saturn immediately after Merc. leaves his sign. This is acceptable right?

Still, the main significators do not come together. I would have been more convinced when the Antiscia of the Moon would be conjunct Saturn or vice versa. Could it mean that they will speak to one another but not get to meet each other then?
Also, when a planet is combust, can you then say, OK, we will wait until he is better placed and then maybe in the future something will happen?
In that case we could then also see that Moon moving into Scorpio and then sextiling Saturn will mean a yes, but would that not be a bit too far fetched?
I wonder if there are certain rules for that.
Thanks by the way for giving us the page in the book. Will read it (or re-read it). Also thanks for coming to the rescue :) LOL!

Good night ladies, I am tired. See you next time! Star.

archergirl

I think the antiscia thing works when there are 'hidden' issues that don't make sense to the querent, since the antiscia is all about shadows.

I had wondered about the condition of the planets, too; not much here is well-dignified (except the Sun, of course, but that is a secondary matter.:p ), but the applying trine between Mercury and Saturn is quite soon. The fact that Mercury is still combust may throw some problems into the mix, but the antiscion are very clear.

I think we shall have to wait and see...;)

barbh

Account Closed
Hi again AG

This is not a relationship of equals, put it that way. Very nice for rubber and black leather sorts of relationships. *giggl

Ok, wait a second......this doesn't sound good. Does this mean he's high on himself..that he thinks he is better than me, hotter than me...or something like that? Just because he's more dignified. uneven and opverpowering energies...meaning I'm the one overpowered by his 'hotness?' ha ha It's true actually. but, he has to be into me, due to the exaltation thingy....right?
b

archergirl

No, it doesn't mean he's high on himself; because *you* are in the sign of *his* exaltation, maybe the word 'smitten' might ring a bell. Exaltation simply means an inflated or exaggerated sense of what is already there. But he receives you, and you apply to him, and that is very nice. I wouldn't think too much about it; it's rather premature to be analyzing something that hasn't happened yet!

barbh

Account Closed
Got it!
Thanks AG
So, if I'm getting this receiving thing right, in general terms, the Sun would actually receive any planet in Aries into his exaltation. Or, for another example, jupiter is exalted in cancer, so Jupiter would receive venus in cancer into the sign of its exaltation, so Jupiter would really exalt Venus, or really dig venus when venus was in cancer. got it right?
will report back when 'it' happens
thanks
barb

archergirl

Yes, almost. If Venus were in Cancer, it would exalt who or whatever was represented by Jupiter. Venus would 'exalt' Jupiter, no matter what sign Jupiter was actually in, even if Jupiter were in fall, like it is now. Exaltation is like putting a person up on a pedestal; Frawley equates it to infatuation.

In this case, Venus is in Aries; the Sun is exalted in Aries, so Venus places who or whatever is represented by the Sun, on a pedestal. The Sun, since it's already in Aries in this chart, receives Venus by applying aspect AND into the sign of its own exaltation, so it's like he's already 'there', twice. Since the Sun is receiving Venus, we can equate this, as I did earlier, to a warm and welcoming king receiving an honored guest.

barbh

Account Closed
Ok, so Venus exalts the Sun...so Venus puts the Sun on a pedestal.

The Sun receives Venus into the sign of his exaltation, so the Sun does not exalt Venus or place her on a pedestal...he simply receives her, or is open to her. There is no exaggeration of his feelings for her, like there is her for him. yes? Howcan you tell how strong his liking is?

Saturn likes Venus by triplicity...does that equate to friendship?

b

Last edited: