Black Lives Matter, Marxist?

david starling

Governor Inslee's own cousin, Mike Brown, unfortunately a 40 year veteran of the Seattle police department, posted a meme entitled "All Lives Splatter" following the death of a young woman when a car plowed into BLM protesters.

david starling

I am saying it is a two way street. If you stop and dissect each case that BLM complains about, 95% of the cases are justified shootings.

And by Justified, I mean that the person was armed and fighting back from being arrested for a crime, or unarmed but physically fighting over a weapon, etc.

So YES, I would be blaming the so called 'victims' in those cases.

As to your question 'am I blaming the minority communities' for what's happening. I would say Yes, in part, I am.

The cops are being called there, dispatched there , sent there because of crimes being committed. And although being called here, they are often in bad circumstances because of the strict non-snitching policies. So they answer a call for a shooting, but no one will talk and help them find who did the shooting,.

So that limits the cops abilities to stop the criminal element. And so it continues.

When a cop is in the inner city, it is often a tense situation. He knows he is often unwelcome. If someone pops out of a car quickly he is on edge. It creates a bad situation. People want to say that cops are racist and want to hurt minorities.

And that is not what is happening, in my experience with the cops I know. They are just in tense, volatile situations and fear for their own lives and sometimes things go sideways. If they are chasing a perp into an alley at night, and he stops and pulls something out of his waistband, the cop is likely to shoot. Is that racism or self defense?

Depends on the cop. Gotta get the natural born killers outtathere!

katydid

Governor Inslee's own cousin, Mike Brown, unfortunately a 40 year veteran of the Seattle police department, posted a meme entitled "All Lives Splatter" following the death of a young woman when a car plowed into BLM protesters.

That was a rotten joke to make.

But that car did not purposely run into that protester. It was a black man, a refugee from Africa, that was stoned, and confused, and drove onto the freeway.

The protesters closed down the freeway every night for a month. And they had dance pArties on the middle of the interstate every night. The chances that someone was going to be hurt were high.

The police told the protesters that it was a dangerous thing and they couldn't fully protect them. NOW the city is being sued by the family of the victim,, even though she was told by the cops that they couldn't protect her and it was dangerous.

It is sick that anyone made a cruel joke about her death. But it doesn't change the fact that it was wrong for them to shut down the interstate for a full month, blocking everyone else from using them, and endangering themselves, just so they could have their dance parties.

The night it happened I was watching the livestream. IMMEDIATELY the protesters said it was a white right wing supremacist in the white jaguar that hit them. That went out all over the internet.

In fact, it was a black refugee that was driving for Grubhub and was smoking and getting high before he drove past the barricades and into the fwy.

katydid

Depends on the cop. Gotta get the natural born killers outtathere!

My question was about what a cop should do if they chase a robber down an alley and he pulls something out of his waistband, should he shoot in self defense.

Your answer was to get the Natural Born Killers out of there?

Seriously? You think only 'natural born killers' would shoot to defend themelseves?

tikana

Interesting.

So there is more police brutality against whites than there is against blacks?

So you are saying All lives matter?

facts are
there are more white people per capita than black
but the ratio is much higher for black/African Americans than whites
violence against native americans and latinos are up there too.

david starling

That was a rotten joke to make.

But that car did not purposely run into that protester. It was a black man, a refugee from Africa, that was stoned, and confused, and drove onto the freeway.

The protesters closed down the freeway every night for a month. And they had dance pArties on the middle of the interstate every night. The chances that someone was going to be hurt were high.

The police told the protesters that it was a dangerous thing and they couldn't fully protect them. NOW the city is being sued by the family of the victim,, even though she was told by the cops that they couldn't protect her and it was dangerous.

It is sick that anyone made a cruel joke about her death. But it doesn't change the fact that it was wrong for them to shut down the interstate for a full month, blocking everyone else from using them, and endangering themselves, just so they could have their dance parties.

The night it happened I was watching the livestream. IMMEDIATELY the protesters said it was a white right wing supremacist in the white jaguar that hit them. That went out all over the internet.

In fact, it was a black refugee that was driving for Grubhub and was smoking and getting high before he drove past the barricades and into the fwy.

They obviously need better barriers.

Her family was grieving. This veteran cop is one of the bad ones, totally lacking in compassion. Wonder what his incident sheet looks like!

I have personally met some excellent cops, and very few bad ones. But it takes only a few bad cops to spark a riot, and ruin the reputation of an entire police department.

david starling

Did a search for Eritrea, which is where the driver's family emigrated from. They have a dictatorship and are heavily militarized due to a long war with Ethiopia which only recently ended. About half of Eritreans are of an ethnic group called the "Tigray". They look like Middle Easterners. I haven't seen his picture. The one report I saw said that he looked "sullen". We won't know if the act was deliberate or not until further reports.

Yes, we can rule out White Supremacists for this tragedy.

tikana

They obviously need better barriers.

Her family was grieving. This veteran cop is one of the bad ones, totally lacking in compassion. Wonder what his incident sheet looks like!

I have personally met some excellent cops, and very few bad ones. But it takes only a few bad cops to spark a riot, and ruin the reputation of an entire police department.

scarriest sht is... one of the Rampart division investigators was working where I used to work. some shady stuff was going on there. To this day I dont understand what whirlpool mess I was in. On the surface it is all clean, but underneath it looked bad!

david starling

scarriest sht is... one of the Rampart division investigators was working where I used to work. some shady stuff was going on there. To this day I dont understand what whirlpool mess I was in. On the surface it is all clean, but underneath it looked bad!

Power corrupts!

aquarius7000

facts are

"Overall, in 2019, 24 percent of all police killings were of black Americans when just 13 percent of the U.S. population is black – an 11-point discrepancy. Mapping Police Violence also showed that 99 percent of all officers involved in all police killings had no criminal charges pressed against them."

https://www.statista.com/chart/21872/map-of-police-violence-against-black-americans/

All Lives Matter?

david starling

My question was about what a cop should do if they chase a robber down an alley and he pulls something out of his waistband, should he shoot in self defense.

Your answer was to get the Natural Born Killers out of there?

Seriously? You think only 'natural born killers' would shoot to defend themelseves?

Natural Born killers deliberately look for, and try to actually cause situations like the one you describe--the perfect excuse.

A good cop can work wonders while avoiding such dangerous scenarios.

tikana

"Overall, in 2019, 24 percent of all police killings were of black Americans when just 13 percent of the U.S. population is black – an 11-point discrepancy. Mapping Police Violence also showed that 99 percent of all officers involved in all police killings had no criminal charges pressed against them."

https://www.statista.com/chart/21872/map-of-police-violence-against-black-americans/

All Lives Matter?

https://www.pnas.org/content/116/34/16793
police protects its own.

each life matters
take a look at Rampart division scandal and LAPD connection with Suge Knight

david starling

For anyone who doesn't want a President-for-life as Dictator-in-Chief, consider that Trump's appointed successor would be none other than Donald Trump Jr.! :pinched:

Dirius

facts are
So? it is still showing that police kill whites along with blacks, latinos, asians, etc.

Meaning that police brutality is directed in every direction towards individuals who are perceived as threats, but not necessarily by the color of their skin.

Sure there are corrupt cops. Sure there are poorly trained and inept cops. But if everyone is a victim, aside from black people, why is it wrong to say "all lives matter?"

The idea that blacks are targeted more because of the color of their skin seems kind of simple.

Blacks do proportionaly commit more crimes, so it is more likely for police to have encounters with black suspects than any other type of skin color.

This is why you have a disproportionate number.

You want to have less black people killed by police? then you need to change the fact that black people commit the majority of the crimes.

How do you do that? well by stop electing democrats, who have reigned over the inner city for half a century.

david starling

So? it is still showing that police kill whites along with blacks, latinos, asians, etc.

Meaning that police brutality is directed in every direction towards individuals who are perceived as threats, but not necessarily by the color of their skin.

Sure there are corrupt cops. Sure there are poorly trained and inept cops. But if everyone is a victim, aside from black people, why is it wrong to say "all lives matter?"

The idea that blacks are targeted more because of the color of their skin seems kind of dull.

Blacks to proportionaly commit more crimes, so it is more likely for police to have encounters with black suspects than any other skin color.

This is why you have a disproportionate number.

You want to have less black people killed by police? then you need to change the fact that black people commit the majority of the crimes.

How do you do that? well by stop electing democrats, who have reigned over the inner city for half a century.

The problem with "All Lives Matter" is, that given the rato relative to population, it's clear that "Some Lives Matter More Than Others" regarding police brutality. Even the targeting of black areas for drug use and possession is way out line with the population ratios. The same "drug crimes" that are being committed in the mostly white suburbs go largely unpunished. It's the minority areas in the larger cities that are under constant police surveillance. That accounts for the disproportionate arrests.

Dirius

The problem with "All Lives Matter" is, that given the rato relative to population, it's clear that "Some Lives Matter More Than Others" regarding police brutality. Even the targeting of black areas for drug use and possession is way out line with the population ratios. The same "drug crimes" that are being committed in the mostly white suburbs go largely unpunished. It's the minority areas in the larger cities that are under constant police surveillance. That accounts for the disproportionate arrests.

Yeah because drug dealers don't sell drugs at the white suburbs. They sell them out of the inner-city and poor neighbores. The rich suburbs don't have the "local drug dealer" selling out in a corner.

If whit people are getting killed by police, along with asians and latinos, by definition is a problem that exists regardless of race. Thus why all lives matter.

tikana

Yeah because drug dealers don't sell drugs at the white suburbs. They sell them out of the inner-city and poor neighbores. The rich suburbs don't have the "local drug dealer" selling out in a corner.

If whit people are getting killed by police, along with asians and latinos, by definition is a problem that exists regardless of race. Thus why all lives matter.

they dont sell drugs in white suburbs? ARE YOU kidding me?
we have prescriptions for white people...
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2377408/
https://luxury.rehabs.com/the-racist-history-of-cocaine/
Each life matters!

Last edited:

waybread

There is nothing racist in my posts but you seem to know a lot of racists yourself so maybe you need to hang around with a better class of people.
I am suggesting places for you to live since you hate Europe and U.S. so much and believe they are full of racists. If you actually lived in a country like Russia or China or a strictly Muslim country, you would understand how lucky you are to live in the west. If it's so full of hate and racist people that you know then move. To a place with no democracy, no freedom of speech and no religious freedom. You do know that they throw gay people off the rooftops of buildings and that hate doesn't bother you. Nor does BLM members killing cops and killing children and burning down cities. They should all move to Africa since they think the U.S. is one racist shithole. Maybe you can join them and quit complaining about how racist the entire western world is.
I never called any country a sh**hole. You did that and that's extremely racist.
So maybe you are the racist.:sideways:

blackbery, it would be useful if you hit the "pause" button on your conventional right-wing tropes.

Nobody on this thread hates the United States, but that has sure been a mantra disseminated by the right wing media and a few Republican politicians.

It's been extraordinary how Tucker Carlson of Fox News has even gone after Senator Tammy Duckworth as "hating America", although she lost both her legs during her active military service in Iraq when her helicopter was shot down. This from a man who never joined the armed forces in the service of his country.

Here is her response in the NYT: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/09/opinion/tammy-duckworth-tucker-carlson.html

Think of it this way? Are you a parent? Even if not, suppose your beloved child was doing poorly in school. You love your child dearly but encourage her to do better and cut back on her constant texting at night for the good of her future life. You don't hate your child. Your discipline standards and wish for improvement comes out of love and concern.

A lot of the hatred that I see in the US comes from whites against visible minorities.

Last edited: