Donald Trump will be impeached.

david starling

What I think makes it all worse is that we now have trial by twitter, in which judgement is passed by a bunch of teenagers that have no idea about life. And people loose their jobs and have their reputation ruin because of this.

I deleted my posts because we've gone off-thread. Extramarital affairs aren't grounds for impeachment.

Last edited:

david starling

In the light of Trump's sexcapades, Melania is "standing by her man" like Hillary did with Bill. But, those who excoriated Hillary for doing that are giving Melania a pass.

katydid

In the light of Trump's sexcapades, Melania is "standing by her man" like Hillary did with Bill. But, those who excoriated Hillary for doing that are giving Melania a pass.

Trump is accused of having a one night stand, of consensual sex, 12 yrs ago.

He was not the President at the time.

Clinton was in the White House, having sexual relations with a young intern, WHILE ON THE PHONE DOING PRESIDENTIAL BUSINESS.

I cannot really compare the 2 situations.

I don't care if someone has consensual sex with an adult--it is none of my business.

But if that person does so, in the oval office, with a young girl, whom he has authority over---that is wrong, imo.

david starling

Trump is accused of having a one night stand, of consensual sex, 12 yrs ago.

He was not the President at the time.

Clinton was in the White House, having sexual relations with a young intern, WHILE ON THE PHONE DOING PRESIDENTIAL BUSINESS.

I cannot really compare the 2 situations.

I don't care if someone has consensual sex with an adult--it is none of my business.

But if that person does so, in the oval office, with a young girl, whom he has authority over---that is wrong, imo.

Trump is about not getting caught. That's his thing. Remember what he said about John McCain not being a war hero because he was captured? Even though McCain refused a deal that would have gotten him released ahead of his fellow POWs due to his father's influence.
These weren't one night stands. They were long-term affairs. He was seriously cheating on his wife, home with his newly born child. Whether he was President or not doesn't matter--it's a question of character. Other Presidents have been of low character as well, but Trump supporters are ignoring the obvious, where he's concerned. Speaks well for them actually, because they have moral standards, and would lose respect for him if they weren't ignoring his ignominious behavior.

blackbery

The White House is investigating whether two loans totaling more than $500 million to the family real estate business of U.S. President Donald Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner violated any criminal laws or regulations, according to the U.S. Office of Government Ethics
Democratic lawmakers asked the White House and Kushner Cos for documents after the New York Times last month reported the loans extended in 2017 by Citigroup Inc (C.N) and the private equity firm Apollo Global Management.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...s-to-kushners-business-official-idUSKBN1H301A

Last edited:

Dirius

Trump is about not getting caught. That's his thing. Remember what he said about John McCain not being a war hero because he was captured? Even though McCain refused a deal that would have gotten him released ahead of his fellow POWs due to his father's influence.
These weren't one night stands. They were long-term affairs. He was seriously cheating on his wife, home with his newly born child. Whether he was President or not doesn't matter--it's a question of character. Other Presidents have been of low character as well, but Trump supporters are ignoring the obvious, where he's concerned. Speaks well for them actually, because they have moral standards, and would lose respect for him if they weren't ignoring his ignominious behavior.

I don't think anyone that voted for Trump did so because of his "moral" standards (if he does have any).

People vote for presidents on 2 fronts: economics and security. The rest doesn't really matter, except for some useless political activism.

Republican and democrat voters didn't care if Bill Clinton had an affair while in office, they cared on whether his economic policy was good or bad. A lot of republicans and conservatives alike actually aprove of his administration.

Cold Fusion

Trump supporters moral standards leave a whole lot to be desired.

david starling

I know some fine people with excellent moral standards who support Trump. It's a "cult of personality" for them--they only see what they want to see in him, and block everything else out. :sideways:

david starling

You mean like Hillary and Obama supporters?

Most Hillary and Obama supporters weren't involved in a "cult of personality". There were 2 major factors: Policies, and breaking the racial and gender barriers regarding the Presidency. I highly doubt that many Trump supporters are this uncaring about the environment or the National Debt. Or, that they're in favor of adding a mandatory death penalty to the already failed "War on Drugs", which Trump has proposed due to his admiration for the leader of the Philippines. There's an "adoration factor" regarding him that makes those like Oddity and yourself, and many others, bristle with indignation when anyone criticizes Trump in any way. Very unusual.

david starling

Massive tax cuts for the super-wealthy are what balloons the National Debt. Tic tac toe, three in a row: First Reagan, then Bush Jr. (add in his wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the Banking meltdown), and now Trump. The next President will have to deal with the consequences, just like Obama got stuck with Junior's mess.The increase in employment that Trump is claiming credit for began with Obama, with rock-steady increases throughout his second term. The sooner Trump's out, the sooner the damage repair can begin.

Oddity

Most Hillary and Obama supporters weren't involved in a "cult of personality". There were 2 major factors: Policies, and breaking the racial and gender barriers regarding the Presidency. I highly doubt that many Trump supporters are this uncaring about the environment or the National Debt. Or, that they're in favor of adding a mandatory death penalty to the already failed "War on Drugs", which Trump has proposed due to his admiration for the leader of the Philippines. There's an "adoration factor" regarding him that makes those like Oddity and yourself, and many others, bristle with indignation when anyone criticizes Trump in any way. Very unusual.

You know that a lot of the people who voted for Trump voted for Obama too, no?

I don't bristle when someone criticises him. He's done a few things I like (probably by accident) so I like those, but I still maintain he's a confidence trickster who's way out of his depth. I didn't realise not wishing him dead or at least calling names made me a Trump supporter.

Ah, well.

david starling

What caused me to think you were, was your "thanks" for a post by a Trump supporter using a standard answer to anything Trump has done wrong, or any criticism of Trump supporters for ignoring what he's done wrong, and is doing wrong--deflect to Hillary, Bill, and Obama, and the "Liberals". Not sure what your "thanks" was about, but if you're not a Trump supporter, I stand corrected.

david starling

You know that a lot of the people who voted for Trump voted for Obama too, no?

I don't bristle when someone criticises him. He's done a few things I like (probably by accident) so I like those, but I still maintain he's a confidence trickster who's way out of his depth. I didn't realise not wishing him dead or at least calling names made me a Trump supporter.

Ah, well.

I haven't heard about Obama supporters voting for Trump. As I understand it, many of them simply refrained from voting, do to lack of enthusiasm for Hillary together with the mainstream media's assurances that Trump couldn't possibly win.

Hillary and Obama supporters weren't involved in a "cult of personality". There's an "adoration factor" regarding him that makes those like Oddity and yourself, and many others, bristle with indignation when anyone criticizes Trump in any way. Very unusual.

Not unusual for Hillary and Obama supporters. Ever see any of the Obama press briefings? Presstitutes were creaming in their pants. If anyone criticized Hillary and Obama they were called sexist and racist. Their policies sucked! That's why more women voted for Trump than Hillary and why many of the same people who voted for Obama voted for Trump.

"It's the economy, stupid." as Bill Clinton famously said.

david starling

Not unusual for Hillary and Obama supporters. Ever see any of the Obama press briefings? Presstitutes were creaming in their pants. If anyone criticized Hillary and Obama they were called sexist and racist. Their policies sucked! That's why more women voted for Trump than Hillary and why many of the same people who voted for Obama voted for Trump.

"It's the economy, stupid." as Bill Clinton famously said.

More women voted for Hillary than Trump, 55% versus 45%.