receptions

tee_jay66

Im studying receptions as I think it quite a confusing area at times. For a mutual reception to be seen in its 'terms' does both significators need to be within the correct degrees for the sign within the term table to be considered ,mutual, or ,reception,....or can the signs be located anywhere within the terms to be seen as such? I know, Im confusing you now, so for example (I dont have the table to hand) if my significator was jupiter at 25 degrees and in the table of terms jupiter was listed as in term between 10 and 16 degrees and the quesited significator was mars at 6 degrees and its mars term was 16 to 26 degrees......is that ok to be seen as a reception even though they aren't in their correct degree?

fensi88

For a mutual reception to be seen in its 'terms' does both significators need to be within the correct degrees for the sign within the term table to be considered ,mutual, or ,reception....

Yes.
When ever Ma is in Leo from 19 to 25 degree it will be in term of Ju.
When ever Ju is in Aq from 25 to 30 degree it will be in term of Ma.

Culpeper

Premium Member
In your theoretical example Jupiter appears to be within the terms of Mars, but Mars is not in the terms of Jupiter. All else being equal then Jupiter is received by Mars by term. Mars is not received by Jupiter. This is called a reception. In this case Jupiter would be a little weaker by being in the terms of a malefic.

A mutual reception is where planets are in the degrees of each other's dignity. And it does not have to be an equal reception. That is, Jupiter could be in the terms of Mars, and Mars could be in the exaltation of Jupiter. An aspect would also be helpful but is not required. Mutual receptions strengthen and make connections between planets that you might miss if only looking for aspects.

tee_jay66

thanks for your advice it has really helped..................Im looking forward to seeing 'hand's' video as ive enjoyed his work, thanks again

tee_jay66

are receptions more powerful than aspects between two significators then? for example, two significators in the same sign in conjuntion but no receptions?