Aspect configurations and the Angles

Do you include the angles in aspect configurations?

• Yes

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • No

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters

blennus

I was wanting people's opinions on whether they include angles in aspect configurations such as kites or yods. I've read conflicting information on this, so I wanted to get a general feel for what people believe and why. So to reiterate please state your position on whether you allow angles in configurations and why you believe they ought or ought not to be included.

Personally I am undecided on the issue as I have not had much experience with astrology as of yet, and I have difficulty integrating and understanding aspect patterns.

One arguement for not including them which I have read many times is that the angles are not actual objects in space and therefore do not affect the "energy" given off by a planet.

On the flip side I have heard that since we do not understand the mechanics as to why astrology works (at least there is no general consensus as to why) there is no reason not to include the angles into such configurations as long as the resulting interpretation works.

As I said before I am undecided so any feedback is greatly appreciated.

blennus

Hmm, for some reason there haven't been any replies. Is everyone here indifferent about the subject? I would think not as I've seen heated debates on these forums concerning almost every astrological topic. Perhaps if I changed the thread name to something more catchy like "Sexy angle aspects" or something. :D I'm sure that'll get everyones attention.

Seriously though, if anyone has an opinion, please at least vote on the poll. Every little bit of info helps. Thanks

Soul Friend

I'll try to get the ball rolling. I don't use them in aspect configurations. I would though be open-minded about the idea if a major configuration had planets conjunct an angle and especially if an Angle might be conjunct planets on either side of the cusp if one or both planets were in an aspect configuration. Too, if I heard someone use them I wouldn't object to the interpretation if it objectively turns out to match the person's life and what's presented. I guess I like the old saying that "The proof is in the pudding."

Junke

Alright, answer this:

What effect does Jupiter have on Mars when they are squared? What effect does Mars have on Jupiter when tgey are squared?

Now what effect does Jupiter have on the ascendant when squared? What effect does the ascendant have on Jupiter when squared?