Jealousy/Possessiveness

I have been exploring what signs are jealous. I looked around for further information and found on astro.com Love Scopes by Liz Greene, that the following signs are found to be jealous or possessive.

• Taurus
  • Cancer
  • Leo
  • Scorpio
Two water signs, which is no surprise, Cancer and Scorpio. Deep feelings have to be involved, and relationships are important to water. Pisces, is not a jealous sign. I am a :pisces: and my constant sympathising with others, could push a green eyed lover over the edge according to the love scopes. No more tea and sympathising for me :biggrin:. I have Venus square Pluto natally and have experienced jealous feelings. I have been in a relationship and the man was morbidly jealous (Moon in Scorpio). I remember I would be watching my talk shows, and he would start giving me the third degree about what I got up to on my nights out. If I blushed or showed any reaction at all, he went berserk. I know how difficult it can be on either end. I do think some jealousy is healthy for relationships, and I don't mind small doses. I was reading Gemini's flirting and socializing can stir up jealous emotions in one of the more jealous/possessive signs. You can read all the reasons if you pull down each sign on the site, and see how the signs relate. What do you think are the reasons behind these signs jealousy? Would you say all of these signs are jealous? And you may have other personal planets in these signs, it doesn't have to only relate to Sun signs.

There are no air signs on the list because they are not known for jealousy, they love socializing, chatting, flirting, and networking,and basically they need need air to breathe. Air signs rationalize feelings and are more objective. Although Libra is a relationship sign, they are not comprised of water. The three fixed signs are listed here (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio) which is not surprising for their fixated quality. The final fixed sign is exempt from the list, because Aquarius is not a jealous sign in itself (air). There are no mutables on the list either. If you think other signs should be listed, please offer your views. You might have Sun in Aquarius with Venus conjunct Pluto in Scorpio, how do you think jealousy comes out? Would they detach from you if they felt these emotions? What is behind Leo's jealousy? I know we have the pincers of the crab, holding on tightly and not letting go. The Mother becomes insecure when her children grow up and are ready to leave the nest. Emotional insecurity may be the root of Cancer's possessiveness (need to be needed). Kathleen Burt says " Jung, in the same book, goes on discuss mother's love, "understanding," in English or "comprende" in French, or in German "begreifen." Erfassen" originally meant "to seize" in one's hands, then "grip tightly in one's arms.".....Cancer people are supportive as well as sympathetic listeners. Understand or stand under, I think is a reference to supporting someones development, talents or goals. This can go too far and probably has if it means that Mother continues to provide financial support to her 40 year old jobless child and/or his/her family (Archetypes of the Zodiac, p.116).

I remember watching a Dr Phil show (indulging my Moon-Mercury :wink:) and there was a mother in law from hell. The woman was extremely possessive of her child, and she would interfere with the running family (mother knows best), and upset her son's wife. She was always making her feel like she was incapable of looking after her own brood. This topic isn't only about love relationships; mother's and fathers can be possessive of children. I think it is natural for mother's to want to hold on and protect their children. I will feel sad when my little grows up, but I will let him grow up and he will learn to stand on his own two feet. I am still in the process of studying Leo's jealousy. If anyone has any other ideas on why these signs are jealous, I would appreciate more input. Taurus (I possess) Scorpio needs to form close emotional bonds. I am still working the rest out in my head and studying. I watched this educational video of jealousy and it stirred up my interest in this subject. In this case the wife's jealousy turned out to be her own projected desires for an extra marital affair!! Any insights on this would be interesting. I went off to look for case studies, and I did find some lethal cases of morbid jealousy. One teacher fell in love with his student, but the woman did not reciprocate his feelings, so he murdered this young woman, and then he committed suicide. I have not got round to analysing the charts yet. However in about 4 or 5 of the cases, Venus-Pluto was present in either chart. These were listed for crimes of passion. This is not too surprising considering the astrological meanings behind both of these planets.

Any more ideas, agree-disagree? :smile:

Last edited:

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi- One of my exes had venus in Aqu opp pluto in leo and a scorpio asc...sun in Aries. One of the most jealous and compulsive men I have ever had to deal with. After we broke up he actually followed me and spied on me to see if I was seeing someone else. (I was).
My mother is a very jealous person too.Sun sag. Only merc in scorp-but conjunct her sth Node. Moon in early cancer.Extremely insecure person.
Another ex was sun Aries-also very jealous...don't have his chart anymore.
If I think a partner is cheating on me I can feel very threatened. My Venus is in Scorpio-I've been cheated on a lot in my life by guys...but never by a sun scorpio-and there are a few of those in my past too.I am capable of ending a relationship even on the suspicion I am being cheated on now-after it happened so many times.
In a relationship though I am not very needy and like a lot of space myself-3 planets in Libra..asc cap moon virgo..Mars and venus are exactly sextile in my chart too.I don't mind my partner having female friends etc. I've forgiven infidelity a few times too but it did hurt me.
Lilly

I think the venus opp Pluto can be a big one when it comes to jealousy.

Hi Lilly,

That is so similar to my experience, I broke up with this man, and he smashed up my back door. A real psycho. I didn't report the crime because I was scared he would do worse. Thankfully he eventually went away. He never followed me after though, how creepy. My mother was insecure too with Moon in cancer, and she was a good homemaker, she found it difficult when I left. With Sun in Aries she wasn't totally dependent. I was last to leave the family, and she had a way of making me feel guilty about leaving, not by overt means. They say the crab out of all the cardinal signs, being water, acts indirectly. I don't feel too comfortable with other females around my man. I could have trust issues (Venus-Pluto). I never turn morbidly jealous over a relationship, and I like my own space too (Moon trine Uranus). It's weird with charts because you have jealous-signs/aspects with signs/aspects that need emotional freedom. I did notice Venus-Pluto showed up frequently, too much. Powerful desires involved.

Thanks Lilly :smile:.

I found this by Charles Carter (An Encyclopedia of Psychological Astrology, p.115)

This is a Scorpio emotion in it's true form, though there are allied conditions that closely resemble it in their outward manifestation. For example, the kind which usually vents itself in complaints that "it's not fair"!" and which is based on Libra afflictions. There is also a Leo condition, based on the sense of offended dignity, a Cancerian form deriving from the possessive instinct and so forth.

Neptune Rising

Hi Shining Ray

My natal Venus/Mercury in Aquarius is trine Pluto in Libra. I am incredibly jealous but I have a paradox in that I'm jealous of my lover, yet I need absolute freedom in what I do. I used to be more posessive but have worked through that mostly. :tongue: It doesnt get out of control though, I guess the trine helps the energy express in a free flowing way.

I'm dating a guy who's Pluto is conjunct my own Pluto, so trining my Venus/Mercury - I'm not sure which way round it goes but I feel very jealous of any female friends he has, and feel like asking detective questions! Yet I thought it was Pluto who was the jealous one.

barbh

Account Closed
Its when my insecurities rear up that I get jealous. I'm not usually jealous if I trust my partner, and he has proven that I'm his priority. Isn't that always the case with jealousy though? Its always about insecurities. Unfortunately I've been cheated on a fair bit in my life as well. I have Pluto trine Venus in Taurus. Aries Sun. I need to be number one!

barbh

Neptune Rising

I agree Barbh, insecurities. I've been cheated on, and seen others cheat on people with me - perhaps the darker lessons of Venus trine Pluto? Maybe through seeing all that, makes me feel insecure whenever I date someone I really like, the Pluto energy making me feel I'll loose the one I love (trine Venus). But then, Pluto can also empower Venus maybe once the hidden insecurities are faced and brought to the surface through love (venus)...

barbh

Account Closed
Yes, so true Neptune Rising.

I also think its Venus Saturn as well. I have them in square. We're talking big time insecurities! About not being pretty enough, or good enough...its also about feeling that one needs to earn love in some way.

I'm now thinking that jealousy has more to do with Venus Saturn than with pluto, since jealousy really is based on insecurities. Interesting. :devil:

barbh

Neptune Rising

Ha! Well I can relate to that too Barbh! I have 2nd house Venus inconjunct 7th house Saturn! Interesting, they probably all mix together. The Saturn makes poor Venus feel like she has to earn love, not pretty enough, and Pluto makes her try to possess it and maybe control it for fear of loosing it?

Aruilly

Nice topic :tongue:

"There is also a Leo condition, based on the sense of offended dignity..."

Oh, that was spot on! :surprised: If it helps with the topic the reason why leo is jealous/possessive is because of one thing: pride. There is an investment of the ego on the other person so any signs of leaving is like someone is leaving with a part of them. A leo in love is a generous leo, so its something like radiating this incredible light and if someone doesn't apreciate it, now, that's totally offensive! Is like saying who cares if you put me on a pedestal and worship me. Then comes the other part too, that there can only be one king/queen. Leo energy likes being the number one attention (who doesn't every once in a while) so if someone wants to hog the spotlight they can talk to the paw.

Hey, I'm interested on something Shining Ray, the cases of Venus-Pluto that lead to crimes of passion was there a predominance of the square or opposition?

Also, I really think that aspects of Pluto-Moon should be taken in consideration as well because it makes one very, very intense emotionally. It's like moon in scorpio in the end.

I know a possessive aquarius sun, but he has moon in scorpio so I guess it's explained. I also have aqua moon and am possessive but i have fixed venus-pluto. So in the end, aquarius isn't possessive if it's energy is alone, it needs another aspect.

Last edited:

BOOGY99

I have been exploring what signs are jealous. I looked around for further information and found on astro.com Love Scopes by Liz Greene, that the following signs are found to be jealous or possessive.

• Taurus
  • Cancer
  • Leo
  • Scorpio
Two water signs, which is no surprise, Cancer and Scorpio. Deep feelings have to be involved, and relationships are important to water.

its funny i have moon conj mars in cancer, and water grand trine.
i am not one bit a jealous person, and never have been.
i sometimes wonder if my emotions are blocked in some way.

LittleMiss

I datet a Leo-sun with cancer moon, I havent had a look at his chart (don't know his birthtime) but he was very, very jealous. In his case it was clearly beacuse of insecurities. He had been cheated on by all his girflriends poor thing.

I myself, can be a bit jealous, but I'm a weird combination of really freespirited and jealous, it all depends on the situation. But I do have both a lot of aquarius/uranus energy and scorpio-energy in my chart.

I also have a friend (a girl). Sun in Sagittarius, Cancer rising. She is also very jelaous (says that she instantly fears that the person she's involved with will fall in love with someone else, or cheat on her), and she has venus conjunct pluto...

So my conclution is that I agree with Leo, Taurus, Scorpio and Cancer as for the most jealous types...

smilingsteph

I am a Gemini and I am not at all jealous, but I am possessive.. not of things but of protecting people.

Maybe my 3rd house taurus? I am very protective of my sisters! I am also a bear when it comes to my patients I care for...

I do have on the 6th house jupiter in leo- dramatic and maybe that flair for caring for my "cubs?"

Very nice thread!

sarienbarry

So many relationships are ruined or tainted by poor communication, possessiveness and jealousy. A major part of understanding how to combat this is first understanding the common anatomy of these undesirable occurrences. Once understood, the individual concerned with self awareness will be on guard for the signs of these things starting in a relationship (of any sort).

1.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Possession poses a universal question regarding the right or ability of an entity to own anything more than their own self determination.
2.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]For an entity to claim possession of a physical item which in raw material or current form physically both predates and [will] postdate them is an exercise in absurdity. Nevertheless, possession of physical items is an apparent mandate of the society in which we exist.
3.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]A serious problem arises when one entity deems themselves possessor of another entity. This concept is a pinnacle of self delusional irrationality.
4.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]One entity can not be possessed by another, especially in the physical existence which as the physical reflection of the energetic state which does not belong to the physical reflection itself, but rather to both the energetic original and the creative pool from which they arise.
5.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Those who feel possessiveness express a base instinct to own another but lack the humanity to understand and recognise that the other person can not be owned. This base instinct arises primarily from a displaced feeling of physical or achievement inadequacy which may have its roots in either real or perceived experience.

Hi Shining Ray

My natal Venus/Mercury in Aquarius is trine Pluto in Libra. I am incredibly jealous but I have a paradox in that I'm jealous of my lover, yet I need absolute freedom in what I do. I used to be more possessive but have worked through that mostly. :tongue: It doesn't get out of control though, I guess the trine helps the energy express in a free flowing way.

I'm dating a guy who's Pluto is conjunct my own Pluto, so trining my Venus/Mercury - I'm not sure which way round it goes but I feel very jealous of any female friends he has, and feel like asking detective questions! Yet I thought it was Pluto who was the jealous one.

With men my own age - they do set off my Pluto aspects (outer planet) and probably my Uranus and Neptune aspects. My lover is 6 years older, and his Pluto is in the early degrees of Libra (3) and he misses the square to my Venus. Anyone born with Pluto between 15 Libra and 5 degrees Scorpio gives my Venus a big fat intense kiss :biggrin:. I use a 10 degree orb either side, Venus is at 25 degrees Capricorn. His Pluto trines my Venus. Pluto had not long left Virgo, and so anyone with Pluto in Virgo from 15 degrees trines my Venus and up to 5 degrees for Pluto in Libra. I am so bad at maths, that's could be wrong. I don't like my man talking or laughing on the phone with female colleagues. I give him daggers. Typing this he is telling me he is phoning her today. Hold me back :biggrin:.

Its when my insecurities rear up that I get jealous. I'm not usually jealous if I trust my partner, and he has proven that I'm his priority. Isn't that always the case with jealousy though? Its always about insecurities. Unfortunately I've been cheated on a fair bit in my life as well. I have Pluto trine Venus in Taurus. Aries Sun. I need to be number one!

barbh

Yeah I guess Jealousy rears it's head when we are insecure. Although some people call Scorpio paranoid and insecure, but there suspicions of a cheating partner have sometimes proved correct. It must be natural to mistrust after being cheated on too, and Sun in Aries does need to be first, no compromise :smile:

Nice topic :tongue:

"There is also a Leo condition, based on the sense of offended dignity..."

Oh, that was spot on! :surprised: If it helps with the topic the reason why leo is jealous/possessive is because of one thing: pride. There is an investment of the ego on the other person so any signs of leaving is like someone is leaving with a part of them. A leo in love is a generous leo, so its something like radiating this incredible light and if someone doesn't apreciate it, now, that's totally offensive! Is like saying who cares if you put me on a pedestal and worship me. Then comes the other part too, that there can only be one king/queen. Leo energy likes being the number one attention (who doesn't every once in a while) so if someone wants to hog the spotlight they can talk to the paw.

Hey, I'm interested on something Shining Ray, the cases of Venus-Pluto that lead to crimes of passion was there a predominance of the square or opposition?

Also, I really think that aspects of Pluto-Moon should be taken in consideration as well because it makes one very, very intense emotionally. It's like moon in scorpio in the end.

I know a possessive aquarius sun, but he has moon in scorpio so I guess it's explained. I also have aqua moon and am possessive but i have fixed venus-pluto. So in the end, aquarius isn't possessive if it's energy is alone, it needs another aspect.

I agree with everything you say on Leo. I was going through character traits in my head for their jealousy. A proud Lion, fixed heart, a playful sign too. Generous in love like you have said. And the royalty thing too :biggrin:. You need to treat me as the queen of your heart. Leo is quite dramatic in love with Scorpio. Imagine a square between Pluto in Scorpio and Venus in Leo, that would be dramatic, intense, and incredibly loyal (Leo). I wouldn't betray them!!

I was thinking about other aspects too for jealousy/possessiveness. And Sun-Pluto, I have seen in intense relationships. Pluto in 7th house can have a Plutonian partner, or vise versa. And as you have pointed out Moon-Pluto aspects need to feel safe in a relationship. And your right about Aquarius taken alone they are not a jealous possessive sign and they are friendly and detached in nature, so if you do see jealousy in that sign, look for other indicators, not the Aquarian ethical side. I have an Aquarius brother with Moon in Scorpio, and I really saw his Moon. My mum said that when I was born, he was so jealous he refused to talk to my mother and always went to his father. He also used to hit me in the pram, we are only a year apart in age, because my mother fell pregnant quickly.

I was also thinking about Scorpio's jealousy in terms of fate. I have a Venus conjunct Pluto partner, Scorpio rising. He tells me I am his soul mate and we are meant to be together. I think those statements are binding, and I don't believe in one soul mate, I believe in many. I do believe relationships can have a fated quality due to my own Venus-Pluto. However, I feel uncomfortable when someone says I am their soul mate and brings in fate. I find Scorpio energy most prone to these statements. Scorpio's love does take on that meant to be quality. If you don't return those feelings, it can get uncomfortable when they want the same commitment back. I could be alone on this and others might believe in one soul mate. Some countries thrive on jealousy and passionate relationships, it's like their national custom. I wonder what aspects these countries have.

Last edited:
I am a Gemini and I am not at all jealous, but I am possessive.. not of things but of protecting people.

Maybe my 3rd house taurus? I am very protective of my sisters! I am also a bear when it comes to my patients I care for...

I do have on the 6th house jupiter in leo- dramatic and maybe that flair for caring for my "cubs?"

Very nice thread!

Aww yes like a great fun lioness at work. I like Leo's loyalty/royalty :biggrin:. I have Jupiter in Leo 11th house, and that's probably were most people see that part of me. Angelina Jolie is a Gemini, and I always had her down for a Scorpio with all that black hair and intensity. I think she has a Moon-Pluto. Much can depend on other aspects, she appears highly protective of her family too.

So many relationships are ruined or tainted by poor communication, possessiveness and jealousy. A major part of understanding how to combat this is first understanding the common anatomy of these undesirable occurrences. Once understood, the individual concerned with self awareness will be on guard for the signs of these things starting in a relationship (of any sort).

1.Possession poses a universal question regarding the right or ability of an entity to own anything more than their own self determination.
2.For an entity to claim possession of a physical item which in raw material or current form physically both predates and [will] postdate them is an exercise in absurdity. Nevertheless, possession of physical items is an apparent mandate of the society in which we exist.
3.A serious problem arises when one entity deems themselves possessor of another entity. This concept is a pinnacle of self delusional irrationality.
4.One entity can not be possessed by another, especially in the physical existence which as the physical reflection of the energetic state which does not belong to the physical reflection itself, but rather to both the energetic original and the creative pool from which they arise.
5.Those who feel possessiveness express a base instinct to own another but lack the humanity to understand and recognise that the other person can not be owned. This base instinct arises primarily from a displaced feeling of physical or achievement inadequacy which may have its roots in either real or perceived experience.

I don't know if I view jealousy has wholly irrational, although it can certainly reach that stage. Taurus, Scorpio and Leo are all about survival needs and procreation. Food, hunting, stability, and taking care of the cubs (Leo). They form a powerful protective energy towards those we love (in a fixed sustaining way). In older times if you lost a partner to someone else; the survival of your children was compromised. We need to do this less today, because we have other benefits, but still the instinct to protect our own and maintain a strong bond is still there.

• Taurus
  • Cancer
  • Leo
  • Scorpio
Two water signs, which is no surprise, Cancer and Scorpio. Deep feelings have to be involved, and relationships are important to water.

its funny i have moon conj mars in cancer, and water grand trine.
i am not one bit a jealous person, and never have been.
i sometimes wonder if my emotions are blocked in some way.

Moon-Mars emotionally independent, and I would have thought fiercely protective of those you love, while maybe keeping your need for independence. I think Cancer seeks to hold on tight for emotional security. Have you experienced anyone being over protective or domestic quarrels breaking out. I am not saying you have to be jealous with these signs because there are other signs and aspects which may dominate. I think if we discuss Cancers needs in a relationship we might understand why they hold on tightly to others. My mum had Moon in Cancer square Mars, and she was protective with us. If someone picked on us at school, she was up there fighting our battles. And she was really touchy emotionally too. I am too in a :pisces: Neptunian way, and have my own emotional storms from time to time. You will have to let me know how you express the :moon: :mars: conjunction in Cancer :smile:

I datet a Leo-sun with cancer moon, I haven't had a look at his chart (don't know his birthtime) but he was very, very jealous. In his case it was clearly beacuse of insecurities. He had been cheated on by all his girflriends poor thing.

I myself, can be a bit jealous, but I'm a weird combination of really freespirited and jealous, it all depends on the situation. But I do have both a lot of aquarius/uranus energy and scorpio-energy in my chart.

I also have a friend (a girl). Sun in Sagittarius, Cancer rising. She is also very jelaous (says that she instantly fears that the person she's involved with will fall in love with someone else, or cheat on her), and she has venus conjunct pluto...

So my conclution is that I agree with Leo, Taurus, Scorpio and Cancer as for the most jealous types...

I think Venus-Pluto's do mistrust in love on some level. Perhaps they have been betrayed or have even been made to feel ashamed about these powerful feelings. I do think out of all the signs :taurus: :cancer: :leo: nad :scorpio: do seem the most jealous or possessive. Taurus and Cancer are more possessive for security and ownership :)taurus:). I am still thinking more about the reasons behind each signs insecurity/possessiveness and perhaps with Scorpio they fear abandonment and betrayal more than the other signs. I am still working on these conclusions myself trying to work out the root cause behind it. :smile:

Thanks for the help everyone.

Last edited:
T

Teb

I am leo sun cap rising dating a leo sun scorpio rising. we are 8 days apart. at the top of our syn. chart venus pluto and uranus conjunct. I have never felt soooo jealous in my life and obsessive. I hate that feeling :sick: however I make a pretty sorry attempt at rationalizing that he is making me jealous.

I get jealous at the thought of him encountering another woman.:devil:

LittleMiss

I very much agree with the Leo-issue of ofended dignity. Specially in the case of my ex-boyfriend, leo sun cancer moon, I saw this. He was very possesiv and jelaous and it was a blend of the fact that me having an afair would hurt his sense of pride, and a security-thing from the cancer moon in deep feer of getting his emotions hurt.

I agree that Taurus and Cancer often would be jealous due to security-issues. Taurus maybe more out of the physical aspect of this boyfriend/girlfriend and what he/she represent, and Cancer for the emotional security, unsure of how they would survive if someone hurt theire feelings badly...?

Thinking out loud...

LittleMiss

I think Venus-Pluto's do mistrust in love on some level. Perhaps they have been betrayed or have even been made to feel ashamed about these powerful feelings. I do think out of all the signs :taurus: :cancer: :leo: nad :scorpio: do seem the most jealous or possessive. Taurus and Cancer are more possessive for security and ownership :)taurus:). I am still thinking more about the reasons behind each signs insecurity/possessiveness and perhaps with Scorpio they fear abandonment and betrayal more than the other signs. I am still working on these conclusions myself trying to work out the root cause behind it. :smile:

Thanks for the help everyone.

I would also think the Venus-Pluto jelaousy has to to with Pluto/Scorpio-issues of control over emotions/showing affection? And what you mention with scorpios fear of betrayal and abandonment...

Neptune Rising

Very interesting thread!

I believe then the water signs Cancer and Scorpio definately. My bf also has natal Moon trine Pluto - his Moon in in freedom loving Aquarius, trine Pluto in Libra. So my Pluto is also trine his Moon. His emotions have mixed freedom and possessive tendancies. My Pluto falls in his 2nd house with his. He is very intense emotionally, yet distant at the same time. He has displayed jealousy of my texting and phonecalls, and he tries to keep it hidden :wink: but I do notice it. That kind of intensity/distance is good for me with my natal Venus/Pluto trine - I need to know the person is kind of 'mine, all mine' (just like the Rolling Stones 'Emotional Rescue' song), at the same time I dont like to feel too suffocated with my Aquarius Venus.

Haha I always check out, when he has made a new female friend on Facebook, who she is, if she is married ect... :innocent::ninja: