Blaming your flaws on your natal chart?

Leon

Has anyone here actually sat there to think about the reasons for why they have problems with other people? It seems like we want to play stupid and place the issues on the chart. If you suck at life it's your fault, not your chart's fault. Discuss.

Tamara

Wait, wait... Nobody who's really aware in astrology blame natal chart in their faults. Natal and predictive astrology shows possibilities that something might happen but we have free choice. Also natal astrology shows inborn tendencies of our character but we can change it, etc. I'm sorry that you think this way of people who uses astrology...

rogue_red

Tamara said:
Wait, wait... Nobody who's really aware in astrology blame natal chart in their faults. Natal and predictive astrology shows possibilities that something might happen but we have free choice. Also natal astrology shows inborn tendencies of our character but we can change it, etc. I'm sorry that you think this way of people who uses astrology...

Unfortunately I see it all to often. I dont think for a minute that all people who use astrology do so to excuse character flaws and i dont think that was leon's intention either. :)

rogue_red

Leon said:
Has anyone here actually sat there to think about the reasons for why they have problems with other people? It seems like we want to play stupid and place the issues on the chart. If you suck at life it's your fault, not your chart's fault. Discuss.

I dont have problems with others, they have a problem with me:D

Im joking. I do from time to time make reference to something in my chart as being a contributer to an issue i have (sun in aries:D ) but i never see anything in my natal chart as being set in stone and beyond my control.

Rogue

Ajar

blame natal chart in their faults.

Well, I do see why people might blame their charts. It is really the same thing as blaming oneself anyhow.

After-all, your chart is basically you...isn't it?

Astrologer4U

rogue_red said:
but i never see anything in my natal chart as being set in stone and beyond my control.

Rogue

Rogue, I am not picking on you but be honest, If not your chart, do you ever see things in other peoples charts as being set in stone?

Astrologer4U

The_Sundance_Kid

I don't think anybody does, do they?

Alan Leo, or someone, said the whole point of a birth chart was to learn how to transcend it and so be truly free.

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Sundance-Yes I totally agree with you.I see a Natal chart as being like a roadmap that only has the major highways marked.We can detour whenever and wherever we like. We have *free will*, and like you said, *the ability to transcend our chart* but I think only after we have *come to terms* with our chart and our choices.
I think what annoys some of us is when people *blame* their behaviour on their chart, instead of using their chart as a means of better understanding and *knowing* themselves.eg: "You'll have to accept my anti social behaviour because I have a .......(insert relevant aspect here).....". When I see/hear statements like that I instinctively feel that the person is blocked in their understanding of their own power in the situation.It's another way of *not taking full responsibility* for oneself. Same for blaming the transits when things seem to be *going awry*...(Often when things appear to be going *wrong* they are actually going *right* but sometimes we don't have the wisdom to understand that at the time.).
We grow physically.So obviously everything in our chart has an organic nature.Our chart *progresses*. We *progress*.Even if we resist change, it will inevitably happen, beyond our control.
A very wise man once told me *You can change your path, your destiny, at any moment, purely by the choices you do or do not make*.
Cheers,
Lillyjgc

AquariusT

The fault lies not in our stars, but in ourselves.

But yes we always have the aspect to act upon the way it was written for us, but it is all attitude and choice really.

rogue_red

lillyjgc said:
Sundance-Yes I totally agree with you.I see a Natal chart as being like a roadmap that only has the major highways marked.We can detour whenever and wherever we like. We have *free will*, and like you said, *the ability to transcend our chart* but I think only after we have *come to terms* with our chart and our choices.
I think what annoys some of us is when people *blame* their behaviour on their chart, instead of using their chart as a means of better understanding and *knowing* themselves.eg: "You'll have to accept my anti social behaviour because I have a .......(insert relevant aspect here).....". When I see/hear statements like that I instinctively feel that the person is blocked in their understanding of their own power in the situation.It's another way of *not taking full responsibility* for oneself. Same for blaming the transits when things seem to be *going awry*...(Often when things appear to be going *wrong* they are actually going *right* but sometimes we don't have the wisdom to understand that at the time.).
We grow physically.So obviously everything in our chart has an organic nature.Our chart *progresses*. We *progress*.Even if we resist change, it will inevitably happen, beyond our control.
A very wise man once told me *You can change your path, your destiny, at any moment, purely by the choices you do or do not make*.
Cheers,
Lillyjgc

I couldnt have said it better myself lilly, I am constantly frustrated by people who say gosh darn it, our synastry charts have opposing mars'...guess i need to look for a new boyfriend. lol
I know its a bit simplistic but i just dont get why people dont accept personal responsibility. I have always said, if your life sucketh then changeth it:D

rogue_red

The_Sundance_Kid said:
I don't think anybody does, do they?

Alan Leo, or someone, said the whole point of a birth chart was to learn how to transcend it and so be truly free.

Hmmm I really like that:D . I like the term 'evolve' to me it signifies growth by getting rid of what has become redundant and developing new strengths in accordance with our ever changing environment. Whether that environment is physical or metaphysical.:)

conspiracy theorist

Well Red, many people view the natal chart as a blueprint of your life so that all the difficulties that are recurring themes are likely to be highlighted in the chart. I do think that people have the ability to turn lemons into lemonade so to speak, so if there chart was to be very afflicted i.e heavily tenanted 8th house then instead of being a self-annihilating individual who wallows in black moods, they can instead work with others who are also suffering those dark nights of the soul a la psychiatrists.

Sometimes life doesn't always gives you the best start. Just look at people who are born in war torn nations and 3rd world shitholes. How much of there "sucky life" was the result of their own actions?

Blaze

Account Closed

How dare you choose to be born to an abusive alcoholic parent!?

How dare you choose to be born in a house where grandpa is a pedophile!?

How dare you choose to be born in Syria!?

How dare you choose to be born in Somalia!?

How dareeeeee youuuuuu.

Life is unfair, blaming someones entire life sucking on them is beyond stupid.