Difficult time in life - guidance advice sought

Osamenor

Staff member
Is it all possible to be a mix of MCs? No you're confusing yourself.

Actually, I take that question as proof that you really do have a Pisces MC. Pisces MC is the epitome of confusion in the career arena. Pisces is the sign where everything dissolves and dissipates. A public or professional identity that has to filter through Pisces is a dissipated identity. It naturally feels like you have a mix of MC's. Like the ocean, Pisces encompasses everything at once--it can be the paradoxical everything and nothing at the same time.

There are other chart factors that could create similar confusion--Neptune and/or the Moon on the MC--but if your window for your possible birth time is just two hours (or less, if you've really narrowed it down), you can't have either of those on your MC. They're both too far from the MC in this chart for that to be possible.

It's not at all unusual to have multiple careers with a Pisces MC, and it's not at all unusual to be unclear on what you want, career-wise. But, your traditional MC ruler (Jupiter) is conjunct Saturn, and Saturn wants everything clear, concrete, and spelled out. Saturn/Jupiter conjunctions, or other aspects, are also great for not getting anything done--because Jupiter is willing to leap into it but Saturn always puts on the brakes. Jupiter is telling you that you have this wonderful dream, go for it, have faith. Saturn throws in the "yes, but...." at every turn.

Both Saturn and Jupiter like long range plans, but they have opposite approaches to them. Jupiter trusts that everything will work out. Saturn is the skeptic, wants to see evidence already. You're showing both of those very strongly when you ask for astrological advice but start by saying you're an astrology skeptic.

We can't make your career choices for you. We can't spell out your perfect career. But you can, if you get your Saturn and Jupiter to compromise with each other. The Jupiter side of you needs to accept some realism, and the Saturn side of you needs to accept some blind faith and that it's okay to not have all the answers.

Last edited:

Cypocryphy

Re: disappointed with this forum

Dear all,

Please can everyone offer advice on career steps ? I have attached my chart. Am considering making a big change from having practised law for the last ten years and really need help. I am no expert with astrology and relatively sceptical, but feels if I can be persuaded to believe in it having done some browsing regarding my birth chart. However I need more specific advice from trained eyes please.

The reason I said I was disappointed is because only two users helped (who were very helpful and need not reply) when I asked this previously. That said, when viewing the forum I notice when ever people ask questions about their love lives all of sudden lots of users come of out the woodworks to assist so it seems their is a bias towards this issue in womens lives. I'm just saying it would be nice if other matters were of equal importance to other users. Please feel free to ask me questions.

Best regards

astro_w2gw_p.33144.160911.png

No offense, but you're tinkering to see if planets move within a 30º window? You still need to have your chart rectified. The angles move a degree every 4 minutes. What you are asking also entails prediction and eventually that's what you'll be asking in a short period of time. Your "what" will inevitably turn to "when," so you still need to have your chart rectified.

Also, after deposing your parents about an event that occurred, I'm assuming, nearly 30 years ago or more, you want to rely on that? If you were to go to court (and sounding from your posts you never have because of your fear of public speaking), how much weight to you think the finder of fact is going to put on a witness recalling an event 30 years ago? I can tell you from firsthand experience—0 to none in most situations.

You'd be surprised how often what you thought is right is actually wrong.

Let me play opposing counsel for you and ask your parents a few questions: How long ago did this event occur? What were your concerns during the time you were giving birth? Were you at all concerned about the time you gave birth or were you concerned about the health of your newborn child? (leading and compound but judge lets it slide, over-ruling the objection) How long were you questioned by your daughter? How did you feel when being pressed to answer the question? Is there a time recorded independently on the birth certificate?

I hope you get my point. Maybe you want to believe it's Pisces ruling your midheaven, and maybe you're right. Maybe you're not. If you were Pisces, it supports your profession in law, more so than Aquarius. But you don't like law and would rather be an inventor of things, an idea person. That supports Aquarius. You want to be an actor "because you were good at it," allegedly. Perhaps Pisces ... but a sign on the MC does not tell you what your career is or what you'd be good at or where your life will lead you. It's only a small portion of it.

I will tell you this, you do have many potential skills, although undeveloped. As far as acting is concerned and your desire for money, are you willing to relocate to California (where you have the best odds of success) with its less than one percent chance of making it? No offense, but you are a woman, and although by most standards are still relatively young, you'd be old for celluloid and bright lights. No offense. Just keeping it real.

I will say this, however, and that is that you are unmarried and likely without a partner. The Ego or sense of self is eratic, or as you would say, you are constantly at sixes and sevens with who you are fundamentally. I suppose these posts of yours support that but if your time is indeed correct, this is compounded with an 8th harmonic from :sun: to ascendant.

You prefer to stay behind the scenes to be honest, despite being extremely competitive, especially with other women. Drudging work is not something you cannot tolerate; in fact, you should be good at burning the midnight oil, toiling over books. So something must have happened at your job that you are not revealing to us—the true reason for your wanting to change careers. This would be expected because, as for you, still waters run deep, and you rarely truly express what's going on inside, emotionally.

Anyway, entrepreneur/inventor? Perhaps. Government employee in the legal sector/department? Most definitely. If you can find a way, but you do best working alone with as little interference from others as possible. And the law firm environment is clearly not for you as you've come to learn about yourself ... perhaps ....

As to guiding you in any other way, you need to rectify your chart.

Last edited:

gambit

As a casual observer who ocassionally throws in if someone seems to genuinely need help, I thought you might want to see my interpretation of your plea. Perhaps it will even help you frame your reality more clearly than responses from disciplined astrologers who sacrificed decades for a grasp of the Art.

I am actually a sceptic of astrology, given my background in law-!? Reads: "I'm better than all of you, but will acquiesce to putting you through paces for my amusement. I may be(t) persuaded to believe.. "indulge me".

I'm not crazy about helping other people prerequisite for law.

I was very into acting and was extremely good at it "I'm a STAR."
without being big headed Clearly a sacrifice.

it just sort of came to me naturally. No kidding, little kids do it. "acting" is pretending, only because of a corrupt industry have we deified this silly profession.

Often I regret not having taking it further because I do think had the ability. Anyone can do this, you have sour grapes because you think you missed your vocation. Would you have been willing to put-out on the casting couch? Because that IS the "entertainment industry", ALL of it. It also sounds like you weren't attractive enough, and that pisses you off.

and then of all things qualified in law! This would suggest I was like a pisces MC! WHY??

aquarius MC. Aquarius is humanitarian, you already discounted that. Aq is also flashes of brilliance, insight. You have too many Uranus squares for this to be anything than dreams or delusion (Neptune's worst effect on Pisces). Most Aquarians, even given their perverse nature, aren't given to indulgent vanity.

whole plastics in the oceans thing "Spoken like a true scientist".
I wouldn't mind actually working You actually wrote this.

Is it all possible to be a mix of MCs? No you're confusing yourself.
I hope not this will make my life a lot harder. You have too much leisure as it is.

I do think my parents are not being entirely precise
My mother gave a two hour window! It's all their fault, how dare she spend so much time in labor!

I do not want to be a teacher! Not enough money, not enough ego gratification.

Law isn't panning out for you. Time to hit the bricks and find out what you can actually do. I don't think you're having a crisis, you're just angry.

First - to all - please ignore first discussions re two MCs references and two birth times. I’ve cleared this up. The latter birth time, (a pisces MC) is the accurate birth time and chart. As moderators merged threads it is confusing everyone so please ignore.

Hi Jac,

Appreciate your ‘view’ on my ‘plea’ but have to say I strongly disagree on many things. For one I don’t think I’m better than anyone for being somewhat sceptic. Having an analytical mind regards evidence means I’m just naturally sceptical of things like religion, paranormal, aliens etc. I only mentioned my acting ability to assist others with where my early passion lied to help them. I am not being big headed. I was good at it, what can I say to that? I’m no sour grapes either. I don’t regret anything I’ve done or not done. Regards being attractive that was never an issue - I wouldn’t agree anyway that I am unattractive (sounds big headed I know), but besides that was not an issue. Anyway I never expected to be the next hearththrob lol! The most talented actors imo aren’t the attractive ones anyway. I guess if my parents were more liberal they’d have pushed me further in it. Tradition, ie academia married life seemed to be the order of the day.

Re the Aquarius AC ignore see above.

I wouldn’t want to be a teacher because I’m simply not patient enough. It is good money in fact nowadays, although I’ve heard it can be more stressful than law so why would i go backwards?

Law did pan out and I can do it - perhaps you didn’t read. I have lost love working in this field and profession however. Very pressured, stressful, feels meaningless, greed, deception oriented - that’s just the employers!

I am not angry at all. If anything I’m feeling completely mystified by life, but who doesn’? Perhaps more than most right now I really want to know the meaning to life and feel as if it’s all a contrived game with the answers hidden somewhere on earth. I know - how cliched does that sound?

I’m unsure if I’ve taken a leap of faith with astrology, but am starting to. When I started to read about things based on my chart I felt many were true ie general personality traits etc. This led me to consider what it says about me as a worker, job interests and career. Several posters have said there are indications of a legal career/job in my chart which is further convincing me of its validity, because it seems to explain this funny feeling that success in law was never in my hands. I somehow took to it easily and prospered, reached my goals etc despite being up against it ie increased competition, fewer jobs etc. I made it yes. I looked at my stars because I did wonder why and how I had achieved in this field when it was never an early age desire. It’s made me think that life is predetermined, which is a scary thought indeed.

Given that, and as my chart ‘suggests’ I am suited to law perhaps you can see why I am asking - Is that it? Just law? Anything else in there indicative of what I can put my hand to and succeed in as I did in law...but here’s the rider - and be more content? Even a general idea of what arena of work this could be. Thats what I’m trying to get to. I know I made a lot about the wrong midheaven - ignore that. I was led to believe however career can be guided by other houses - 2nd 6th and 5th I think??? So that’s the other assistance in chart reading I was looking for.

As I’m more persuaded what’s happened in my working life so far is based on my chart (posters replies and what read elsewhere) I feel I can get a more precise answer from someone on here who is perhaps of a higher order or soul accomplished in this mysterious art, even if they are learning.

I feel it’s not even a coincidence that I came to the forum. Like something has drawn me to it. Just feels like before I take any step job/career wise I’ve been guided here by something, perhaps unworldly. That something knows I am really probing on making the right decision at this very significant junction in life. It’s telling me the answer is not of the earth, but in the stars and planets, and only others can reveal it.

Kind regards

gambit

No offense, but you're tinkering to see if planets move within a 30º window? You still need to have your chart rectified. The angles move a degree every 4 minutes. What you are asking also entails prediction and eventually that's what you'll be asking in a short period of time. Your "what" will inevitably turn to "when," so you still need to have your chart rectified.

Also, after deposing your parents about an event that occurred, I'm assuming, nearly 30 years ago or more, you want to rely on that? If you were to go to court (and sounding from your posts you never have because of your fear of public speaking), how much weight to you think the finder of fact is going to put on a witness recalling an event 30 years ago? I can tell you from firsthand experience—0 to none in most situations.

You'd be surprised how often what you thought is right is actually wrong.

Let me play opposing counsel for you and ask your parents a few questions: How long ago did this event occur? What were your concerns during the time you were giving birth? Were you at all concerned about the time you gave birth or were you concerned about the health of your newborn child? (leading and compound but judge lets it slide, over-ruling the objection) How long were you questioned by your daughter? How did you feel when being pressed to answer the question? Is there a time recorded independently on the birth certificate?

I hope you get my point. Maybe you want to believe it's Pisces ruling your midheaven, and maybe you're right. Maybe you're not. If you were Pisces, it supports your profession in law, more so than Aquarius. But you don't like law and would rather be an inventor of things, an idea person. That supports Aquarius. You want to be an actor "because you were good at it," allegedly. Perhaps Pisces ... but a sign on the MC does not tell you what your career is or what you'd be good at or where your life will lead you. It's only a small portion of it.

I will tell you this, you do have many potential skills, although undeveloped. As far as acting is concerned and your desire for money, are you willing to relocate to California (where you have the best odds of success) with its less than one percent chance of making it? No offense, but you are a woman, and although by most standards are still relatively young, you'd be old for celluloid and bright lights. No offense. Just keeping it real.

I will say this, however, and that is that you are unmarried and likely without a partner. The Ego or sense of self is eratic, or as you would say, you are constantly at sixes and sevens with who you are fundamentally. I suppose these posts of yours support that but if your time is indeed correct, this is compounded with an 8th harmonic from :sun: to ascendant.

You prefer to stay behind the scenes to be honest, despite being extremely competitive, especially with other women. Drudging work is not something you cannot tolerate; in fact, you should be good at burning the midnight oil, toiling over books. So something must have happened at your job that you are not revealing to us—the true reason for your wanting to change careers. This would be expected because, as for you, still waters run deep, and you rarely truly express what's going on inside, emotionally.

Anyway, entrepreneur/inventor? Perhaps. Government employee in the legal sector/department? Most definitely. If you can find a way, but you do best working alone with as little interference from others as possible. And the law firm environment is clearly not for you as you've come to learn about yourself ... perhaps ....

As to guiding you in any other way, you need to rectify your chart.

Great reply!

Made me laught at times ha ha ! I’m male, married with children - not sure it will change what you said! Also I’m in the UK so california would be a stretch lol! Inventing things, at least in my mind, does interest me. Even reading a book to children i think of inventing a book that teaches children how to read better ie lighting up words if said correctly. I’m always thinking of inventing things - ideas for novels, tv shows, films, garden equipment, baby equipment, restaurants, literally anything. Its like I’ve got a solution to an age old problem that’s not revealed itsef to me, or may be it has. Problem is I’ve never done anything about all these ideas. No issues at work - perhaps if anything I should have quit earlier . Guess i dragged out being in job I really did not like.

Re the birth time I ensured I asked the right questions and it was my father who is certain of it as the later time (pisc mc). This is because they were certain it happened during lunch and my father recalls driving quickly to the hospital on his lunch break. I probed them and it was certainly never the time when the other Mc appears so I have fully discounted that, as it is most unlikely. My father was always a stickler for writing these things in his diary and although he no longer has it, he considers it was written in as that time. I know you said planets move every 4 mins, but when I did a half hour earlier chart to check for consistency the Mc remained pisc and all house planets were same too. By the way public speaking - i only meant fear of in say a politician to large crowds way. I did of course do this for work without issue!

gambit

Actually, I take that question as proof that you really do have a Pisces MC. Pisces MC is the epitome of confusion in the career arena. Pisces is the sign where everything dissolves and dissipates. A public or professional identity that has to filter through Pisces is a dissipated identity. It naturally feels like you have a mix of MC's. Like the ocean, Pisces encompasses everything at once--it can be the paradoxical everything and nothing at the same time.

There are other chart factors that could create similar confusion--Neptune and/or the Moon on the MC--but if your window for your possible birth time is just two hours (or less, if you've really narrowed it down), you can't have either of those on your MC. They're both too far from the MC in this chart for that to be possible.

It's not at all unusual to have multiple careers with a Pisces MC, and it's not at all unusual to be unclear on what you want, career-wise. But, your traditional MC ruler (Jupiter) is conjunct Saturn, and Saturn wants everything clear, concrete, and spelled out. Saturn/Jupiter conjunctions, or other aspects, are also great for not getting anything done--because Jupiter is willing to leap into it but Saturn always puts on the brakes. Jupiter is telling you that you have this wonderful dream, go for it, have faith. Saturn throws in the "yes, but...." at every turn.

Both Saturn and Jupiter like long range plans, but they have opposite approaches to them. Jupiter trusts that everything will work out. Saturn is the skeptic, wants to see evidence already. You're showing both of those very strongly when you ask for astrological advice but start by saying you're an astrology skeptic.

We can't make your career choices for you. We can't spell out your perfect career. But you can, if you get your Saturn and Jupiter to compromise with each other. The Jupiter side of you needs to accept some realism, and the Saturn side of you needs to accept some blind faith and that it's okay to not have all the answers.

Thanks for this - I will mull over it as it is very interesting what you are saying being in opposing mind sets. You are quite right - I’m quite risk averse but have this urge like a teenager to go off and do the thing that may not work out. With a house, kids and bills being risk averse is much easier.

Osamenor

Staff member
Thanks for this - I will mull over it as it is very interesting what you are saying being in opposing mind sets. You are quite right - I’m quite risk averse but have this urge like a teenager to go off and do the thing that may not work out. With a house, kids and bills being risk averse is much easier.

How are you currently paying the bills? Is your spouse earning the money? Or do you yourself have a job? (You mentioned having left the law field, but it's not clear to me if you're currently working in some other capacity.) What do you do right now? Are you a stay at home parent, or is there something else?

If your birth time is off by a few minutes, it would alter the house placements, but as it is, your fifth house looks very interesting. Moon in there--a fifth house moon focuses your deep desires and emotional needs and sense of security on fifth house things. That could be creativity (the acting you tried when you were young is an example), or it could be children. If caring for your own children is front and center for you, that certainly fits.

Moon conjunct Pluto can be a bit of a game changer, but if the cusps are different, it's possible that your Pluto/Moon conjunction is actually in the fourth house--which would shift the focus to home/family sorts of things. Either way, they're in the fourth house whole sign. Pluto brings a lot of depth, power, issues around empowerment or disempowerment. If you give your power away, Pluto suggests where and how. What would you say your marriage is like, in terms of power dynamics? Does it feel equal? Or like a struggle? What about your relationship with your kids? What about your family of origin? What are the power stories there?

It might not seem related on the surface, but if you are dealing with these issues, it's probably affecting your approach to your career dilemma, too.

I'm also taking note of Uranus in your fifth house. That could indicate something unusual about your kids, or about your parenting. You mentioned wanting to travel... if you did, would you be taking your family with you? Might your kids grow up abroad, traveling, doing something unusual? How would your spouse feel about all this?

gambit

I decided not to return to any work to spend more time with our child before they commenced school. Also just needed a much needed break from working. Have not been working but partner’s employment has been able to sustain, although not forever and I would not burden her with that and just be a bum lol! Great family relationships no power issues and partner clearly supportive. Nothing in family of origin either re power struggle. Nothing unusual with child (did i say plural? It’s just the one) or parenting. Travel wise I just meant from time to time on my own as part of duties - not to up sticks at all. Same desk/ office day in day out hours on end just felt spirit crushing. I guess i want to be that bit more active. my physical health was suffering too from being in a largely sedentary job.

kshantaram

Premium Member
Thanks JUPITERASC for encouraging the reading done by me on this thread,
very kind and graceful and thoughtful about your goodself!

with all best regards, kshantaram

gambit

How are you currently paying the bills? Is your spouse earning the money? Or do you yourself have a job? (You mentioned having left the law field, but it's not clear to me if you're currently working in some other capacity.) What do you do right now? Are you a stay at home parent, or is there something else?

If your birth time is off by a few minutes, it would alter the house placements, but as it is, your fifth house looks very interesting. Moon in there--a fifth house moon focuses your deep desires and emotional needs and sense of security on fifth house things. That could be creativity (the acting you tried when you were young is an example), or it could be children. If caring for your own children is front and center for you, that certainly fits.

Moon conjunct Pluto can be a bit of a game changer, but if the cusps are different, it's possible that your Pluto/Moon conjunction is actually in the fourth house--which would shift the focus to home/family sorts of things. Either way, they're in the fourth house whole sign. Pluto brings a lot of depth, power, issues around empowerment or disempowerment. If you give your power away, Pluto suggests where and how. What would you say your marriage is like, in terms of power dynamics? Does it feel equal? Or like a struggle? What about your relationship with your kids? What about your family of origin? What are the power stories there?

It might not seem related on the surface, but if you are dealing with these issues, it's probably affecting your approach to your career dilemma, too.

I'm also taking note of Uranus in your fifth house. That could indicate something unusual about your kids, or about your parenting. You mentioned wanting to travel... if you did, would you be taking your family with you? Might your kids grow up abroad, traveling, doing something unusual? How would your spouse feel about all this?

Hi
Just fyi I replied to this. Thanks

Cypocryphy

Hey Gambit,

Just before your thread derails into a series of ad hominem argumentation, I'll try to redirect it.

First, thank you for the PM. I appreciate the feedback as I wasn't sure if what I said was correct. I guess it was the woman part, which I apologize. I should have imagined your not with a British accent but a Cajun one with your holding a deck of cards. haha :lol:

Anyway, one last thing about the government job. With your doing best left alone, you have some elements that would make you an efficient leader/manager of a team or project. So if you can elevate yourself into a government job (which would have less strenuous hours and be more 9 to 5) and a management position (would be delegating and supervising but would have more freedom); I believe you would do very well. I think that's step 1.

Anyhow, good luck, and I hope your thread doesn't derail. :lol:

Last edited: