"Persistence Is Learned from Fathers"

Judy_AzVirgo

Quoting a bit from that study:

"About 52 percent of the dads in the study exhibited above-average levels of authoritative parenting. Over time, their kids were significantly more likely to develop persistence, which led to better outcomes in school and lower levels of delinquency."

I wonder how representative the study sample is? Maybe the research was mostly among Mormon two-parent families?

Whatever.... It looks very Saturn-like, eh? "Get that homework done!"

Moog

I couldn't find the study, Judy. We should never take a statement from one of these things at face value :wink:

But yeah, I was mainly tickled with the Saturn flavour, and some astrologers do look at Saturn as a Father Significator.

Bradders

Could I comment I had from the age of 13 no father whilst growing up and am now 19? :(

What does that make me? :( Atleast, I have gained massive persistence through other means other than worldly power. Even though I am a Capricorn, I see more my Aquarius Moon and possible rising sign rule me. Atleast my mother seemed more like she was teaching me to be compassionate, loving but also a little different in terms of how I should discriminate others. I became more compassionate but discriminating others next occured.

Otherwise, I felt suicidal many times, depressions and isolated and survived overall, and I don't feel anyone apart from myself did that!