Aspects to Ascendant: Conjunctions and Parallels

tokyo.lights

I should have just asked you to post your chart... but yes, according to that, Mars is in domicile and Venus is in detriment, so of course Mars will be happier.
Ahh I seeee, thank you! Yeah Mars in pretty comfortable there, Venus not so much lol. I've tried attaching my chart but it wont oblige at this moment! The aspects they make are trines with Jupiter & Uranus, and a square from Neptune.

Rebel Uranian

Ahh I seeee, thank you! Yeah Mars in pretty comfortable there, Venus not so much lol. I've tried attaching my chart but it wont oblige at this moment! The aspects they make are trines with Jupiter & Uranus, and a square from Neptune.

Nowadays I use sidereal astrology, which is why I asked for your chart. Mars is happier than Venus in Pisces at night. Mars is also more suited to the nocturnal nature of Pisces, while Venus is more suited to the diurnal nature of Aries because of this thing called sect, which is not as big of a consideration as sign dignity IMO, but still important.

tokyo.lights

Nowadays I use sidereal astrology, which is why I asked for your chart. Mars is happier than Venus in Pisces at night. Mars is also more suited to the nocturnal nature of Pisces, while Venus is more suited to the diurnal nature of Aries because of this thing called sect, which is not as big of a consideration as sign dignity IMO, but still important.
Oh I understand now! Was a bit confused when you mentioned Pisces :biggrin: interesting stuff, especially sects, must read up on it. Cheers!

Just Joy

Hmm, ...Neptune on Asc causes problems for me in the way you described "the projection of the fantasy that the other holds of them" - this herein lies the problem - I have a hard time getting people to see the true me be cause they already have the fantasy version of me in their heads. It gets frustrating because people will misunderstand me because they have already assumed I am the way they wish me to be - in reality, I am not. Neptune conjunct Scorpio Asc btw. Scorpio Rising makes it even harder - people never get you.

Hello Queenfluff, agree w/you.....sometimes misunderstood by others too. Got Scorpio, Scorpio Rising with Neptune, Mercury, Venus Rx... and Sun (by association) conjuct AC. I am a bit of deep water lol. And yes, seems more difficult for others to "get me"; I mean even with my Sun in the 1st!

I am or have been a lot of those things Kannon mentioned of Neptune conj AC; good & bad. My other planets conjunct AC seem to get lost in the Neptune factor...

Mecury: I am super into research, love, love, love it, but staying focused is a problem, as well as saying the right words. I do not speak up often, but when I do, many times it's like I am not heard. Told it has to do with my voice inflection. Perhaps I over compensate to tone it down worrying my Leo Mars squaring my 1st house stellium will make me sound like a loud know it all.

Venus is fuzzy to me; I don't see myself like others do. I often attract the wrong type. ..., don't know because of rx factor, or being in detriment in scorp; or conj other planets on AC & 1st house. Probably all of the above lol; it's a big mystery to me I can't seem to resolve.

BTW... really enjoy this topic, thanks Kannon for creating this post :)

Attachments

• jj.jpg
    jj.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 39

Just Joy

I also have Nep conj my Asc in Scorp (Nep @17degs & Asc @14degs) and I may have an artistic soul but no real talent, although when younger i did show a strong aptitude for the piano and the flute (no strings) :unsure:. I have always had a more scientific bent.

I have always been kind of a quiet person so i can really identify with the feeling of being invisible. Kids and animals seem to really take to me but never people! Unfortunately drugs have been an issue growing up in the 70s and 80s; especially with a Hippi mom!:w00t:

Now that I'm in my 40s I took for granted my looks when I was younger but I may have the 'eyes' thing everybody keeps mentioning but overall not beautiful - I have my 'cute' days and thats about it.

Thats my Neptune story. Thanks,

Serafin5:biggrin:

Hello Serafin5, Nep conj my AC, and I played flute too. My music teacher called me "Sad"... my name is Joy,... lol playing music is not a talent of mine. I was more into science, esp. earth sciences.

Attachments

• jj.jpg
    jj.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 40

Rebel Uranian

Oh I understand now! Was a bit confused when you mentioned Pisces :biggrin: interesting stuff, especially sects, must read up on it. Cheers!

I use the Vedic sect model, not the Western. So do dr. farr and the Vedics.

@Just Joy & serafin5 - I have Neptune conjunct and parallel the Ascendant and I do not totally fit the Neptune bill either. I actually do like arts better than science, but I do not exactly fit the "dreamy, luminous, escapist" thing. About arts: Arts are simply the expression of human thoughts and feelings, and the arts of a time reflect the thoughts and feelings of a time. When the Church was boss, arts showed that. When the Renaissance with its mathematicalness came about, arts showed that. When WWII happened and everyone was either glamorizing it or being disillusioned, arts showed that. When postmodernism came about, arts showed that. I am not going to change my view of the arts to fit some pop culture dogma.

Last edited:

Rebel Uranian

Oh wow really!? I have a lot to learn!!:biggrin:

Western:

Day: Sun, Jupiter, Saturn
Night: Moon, Venus, Mars

Vedic:

Day: Sun, Venus, Jupiter
Night: Moon, Mars, Saturn

Theoretical differences according to me:

Western: Day and night both have one luminary, one benefic, and one malefic. The "Greater" ones all go to the day, and the "Lesser" ones all go to the night.

Vedic: Day and night both have 2 masculine and 1 feminine planets. Both "benefics" and the "more benefic" luminary go to the day, and both "malefics" and the "more malefic" luminary go the the night.

Mercury's sect depends on who you ask. Vedic also considers the Moon the more important luminary rather than the Sun, but this itself is not part of the concept of sect.

tokyo.lights

Western:

Day: Sun, Jupiter, Saturn
Night: Moon, Venus, Mars

Vedic:

Day: Sun, Venus, Jupiter
Night: Moon, Mars, Saturn

Theoretical differences according to me:

Western: Day and night both have one luminary, one benefic, and one malefic. The "Greater" ones all go to the day, and the "Lesser" ones all go to the night.

Vedic: Day and night both have 2 masculine and 1 feminine planets. Both "benefics" and the "more benefic" luminary go to the day, and both "malefics" and the "more malefic" luminary go the the night.

Mercury's sect depends on who you ask. Vedic also considers the Moon the more important luminary rather than the Sun, but this itself is not part of the concept of sect.
The difference between the two seems so vast! How did you decide which is best suited for you?

Rebel Uranian

The difference between the two seems so vast! How did you decide which is best suited for you?

Mostly experience. Also a little bit of my sometimes-flawed common sense. The difference is only that Saturn and Venus switch sects. I might have also got the reasons wrong. But the main common sense reason for me is that Venus shows relations with women (especially the mother) on a day chart regardless of model, and Saturn shows relations with men (especially the father) on a night chart regardless of model, and it is common sense to me that a planet that is chosen over another planet to represent something within a sect should be a planet that is favorable in that sect, or else the equivalent is that that thing should not be favorable in the sect: i.e. it is not favorable for diurnal people to be with (typical?) women since in the Western model all feminine planets are of the night, and it is not favorable for nocturnal people to be authority figures since the Sun and Saturn are of the day. Which is also why I make sect a more moderate consideration and currently only consider it really bad if a planet gets none of its own sects.

Back on-topic...

tokyo.lights

Mostly experience. Also a little bit of my sometimes-flawed common sense. The difference is only that Saturn and Venus switch sects. I might have also got the reasons wrong. But the main common sense reason for me is that Venus shows relations with women (especially the mother) on a day chart regardless of model, and Saturn shows relations with men (especially the father) on a night chart regardless of model, and it is common sense to me that a planet that is chosen over another planet to represent something within a sect should be a planet that is favorable in that sect, or else the equivalent is that that thing should not be favorable in the sect: i.e. it is not favorable for diurnal people to be with (typical?) women since in the Western model all feminine planets are of the night, and it is not favorable for nocturnal people to be authority figures since the Sun and Saturn are of the day. Which is also why I make sect a more moderate consideration and currently only consider it really bad if a planet gets none of its own sects.

Back on-topic...
Thank you for taking the time to explain, that's a lot to think about! Yes my apologies, didn't mean to derail the subject!!!! :biggrin: carry on!

*emma*

Banned
Aspects to Ascendant: Conjunctions and Parallels

NOTE: Conjunctions within 3* of longitude and Parallels within 1* of declination will alter physical appearance, face, physiology. They will determine the fundamental constitution of the person along with the Ascendant sign.

SUN at the Asc creates a body that can be larger or sturdier than normal for its sign and a personality that wants the spotlight, to be on display or perform. At its height, there can be an Apollonian beauty or stature. There is a self-importance that desires to be at the center of things. Generally, it gives physical strength, stature, even athleticism. Physical issues can show up in heart, blood system or spine.

MOON at the Asc puts feeling and rhythm into the person. This is a personality with soul. This necessarily takes on physical expression, at least part of the time, inclining them to travel. These people will be inclined to music, rhythmic sports (like tennis), dance. They can be particularly in tune with the public, giving them notoriety. There is an instinctive need for change, variety, ebb-and-flow. The need to feel and receive is more pronounced than usual. Health issues can show up in the fluid and hormone systems of the body.

MERCURY is the messenger, and at the Asc puts thought, intellect or communicative ability into the personality. Computer programmers, radio personalities, writers, speakers, etc. Height is almost always increased over average or the sign. The nervous system may display greater sensitivity, depending on the sign and there is an active search for knowledge and interaction, travel, etc. The need to contemplate or communicate is more pronounced than usual.

VENUS is the planet of love, pleasure and beauty. These natives are more attractive and appealing than usual, or at least considered cute, but sometimes with a tendency to plump up a bit from enjoyment of life's leisurely pursuits. Venus brings out the most handsome or beautiful qualities associated with its sign, and the most considerate or kindest according to sign. Venus smoothes the lines and edges of any face from what is normal for the sign on the Ascendant. The height may decrease from average for the sign on the Ascendant.

MARS is the planet of action, energy, impetuousness and courage. There is an enjoyment of speed, athletics, competition, military, hunting, motorcycles and other things normally considered masculine. It nearly always brings accidents, injuries (especially to head or face), burns, puncture wounds, etc. There is a fighting spirit that can be applied gracefully or abrasively, depending on sign and aspects. There is often a ruddy complexion and/or reddish hair, as well as a sharp tongue or quick temper.

JUPITER is the expansive principle, ruler of all that is bright and at the Asc of one's birth chart gives added height and size, as well as added promise early in life. These people are jovial, vocal, with good humor, sociability and popularity with many pleasures and friends. There is a breezy friendliness about them, at least initially. There can also be a philosophical bent, giving good perspective on life to those around. Travel and variety in both people and experience is desired. Often dramatic tendencies are indicated if supported by aspects and sign. Generosity is notable, both with self and others. Circulatory and pancreatic issues, as well as weight gain can arise from overindulgence, but the health can repair easily with good measures. Far-sightedness is also common.

SATURN restrains and/or solidifies the body and personality when at the Asc. Often it means a smaller body than normal for one's family and Asc sign. Many are farmers or involved in agriculture in some way. There is a serious outlook, nearly the opposite of jovial, in which responsibility and obligation are put before pleasure. They are circumspect, cautious, conscientious, sometimes with serious health issues. The personality is sober and grounded to create a special type of leadership by example. Often they mature early but can also be delayed in discovering and expressing their particular talents. Will often have more the respect of their elders than their peers.

URANUS at the Asc creates something unusual in body or personality. There is distinction in talent or ideas or an unorthodox mindset, often both. Odd, unusual people, nerds, people whose foresight or intelligence surpasses their ability to communicate it. These people can be more advanced mentally, progressive, technological as inventors, engineers, scientists or working in radio, TV or internet. These people change the terms with which the rest of us understand and communicate about our world. Many of them will seem ahead of their time or discounted as revolutionaries.

NEPTUNE at the Asc creates a dreamer, visionary, artist, actor, illusionist, escapist, magician. A person with creative talent that, at its height, can mesmerize or inspire, and at its lowest can be filled with illusions and problems with drink, drugs, etc. Either type can be compassionate, sensitive and perceptive. There can be a special flair in the appearance or an extra quality of attractiveness that can be hard if not impossible to pinpoint. There is a love of color, visual arts, poetry, writing, music (especially stringed instruments).

PLUTO at the Asc creates a person of depth and power who goes all the way with whatever they are and do. Resourcefulness and unrelenting determination are qualities that will be apparent. There is the capacity to rejuvenate, as they always keep something in reserve. However, they can be secretive, even unto themselves, with inability to compromise at times, creating a special kind of commmanding or intimidating persona. These people may operate with a different (but guarded) moral code because they will not allow spurious rules or traditions to prohibit their purpose. Even if not outwardly evident, these are people of great power - at least after middle age - and are great allies to have during tough times. There is often another side to these people that only those closest to them can see.

CHIRON at the Asc creates a healer or teacher, whether artist, mystic, prophet, sorcerer or herbalist. The person may have maladies themselves that cannot be permanently remedied, making them more empathetic to those with serious problems, whether physical or psychological. There may be physical qualities suggestive of a satyr, with a lusty but pleasantly earthy nature. These people are essentially shamans, at least in potential, bringing together spiritual and physical. The hips or buttocks can be emphasized, even if the rest of the body is thin. These people are not at their best in isolation, but with people around them. The forest will feel like home. They can be natural gurus, teachers, tutors, great with children, patient and understanding. This quality may not be evident early in life, but will eventually develop.

NOTE: Planets actually in the 1st house when conjunct or parallel Asc will affect physical structure or be expressed through it. Planets actually in the 12th will be expressed through outward appearance that is taken on or affected in speech, dress, etc, because the effect is through the mind more than the body. Example: Adolph Hitler's unique mustache can be seen as an outward expression of Uranus near Asc, but in 12th house. The mustache did not grow that way but was trimmed in that manner and is a virtual identifying mark associated with Hitler.

Recommended reading: John Willner's The Rising Sign Problem.
kannon thanks for that insightand confirmation cool dude x ur pluto asc was great reading as i have it and PMSL at hitlers
moustache readings

Last edited:

Kannon

Hi all,

What about oppositions? Is that a parallel? Sorry if that sounds stupid, Im new around these astrological parts. :)

I dont have anything conjunct my Libra ascendant, but if Im not mistaken there's an opposition with Jupiter, and Mercury isnt too far away? Would that make any modifications to the ascendant/my appearance?

My Chart: http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q609/PisceanVenus/IMG_201206250796.jpg

Opposition is the term conventionally used for an aspect in longitude that is two or more planets +/- 180 degrees apart. Because declinations are not in a circle format, but in something more like a wave form relationship (like a sine wave) a different term is used - Contra-parallel (CP).

picture.php

If your Libra Asc degree is accurate, then yes, Jupiter would generally indicate increased height/size over what Libra itself would give. This, of course, is relative to your parentage. In a sense it would enlarge, exaggerate, make more extroverted the Libran personality.

PisceanVenus

Ah, Thanx Kannon.. that makes sense. Since I am quite large, and quite tall. Luckily for me, its all porportioned quite well. Same effect on personality I suppose. :)

Wow I'm sort of a freak when it comes to my asc.

Leo Sun & Scorpio Asc

Asc sextile Venus, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune,
Asc conjunct Pluto, and trine Chiron, Vertex.

Venus In Virgo, Saturn in Capricorn, Uranus in Capricorn, Neptune in Capricorn, Pluto in Scorpio, Chiron in Cancer, and Vertex in Pisces.

.. How can I have so much Asc aspects?

Btw I got my information from http://www.wickedastrology.com/

My name is Kevin George Miller

Born in Vista Bella, San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago

at 12:10 PM

Last edited:
M

may28gemini

Very informative and organized. Thank you so much!! I've been looking for such a breakdown.

I'm not sure if I can say the planet that's 3 degrees away from my AC applies 100% to me.
My 1st house is overloaded to begin with (Jup, Sat, Pluto) and I have I have Libra Jupiter and Saturn conjunct Asc in Libra respectively 6 and 3 degrees apart. Although the majority of my family members have "farmer" origins, I'm not small framed like they are. I think Libra asc tend to be smaller on the top and bigger on the bottom. Well, I'm top heavy and thinner south of the chest. I'm pretty athletic, strong, and sturdy. I rarely ever get sick and when I do, I bounce back quickly. It is true that I do everything with intent and purpose, and I'm sober all the time (scary, I know). Everyone relies on me to be the leader by example but not in the traditional case. When people deal with me, I always instill the honor system first. True that I've always had more respect for my elders than most my peers but I also end up rebelling against my elders/authority if necessary.

The Saturnine traits that I identify with are all very strong, the other traits that are clearly Jupiter conj AC kinds of behavior are also quite visible.