An astrologer disturbed me.

nuwanda

Okay so.. I went to an astrologer the other day, and told him specifically, not to talk about my love life. Because I have a significant other I love deeply, and I get obsessed when a fortune teller/astrologer/etc. tells me that there'll be someone else in my life. I've been with my SO for 5 years now, and I don't plan on being with anyone else.

So this stupid astrologer told me anyway, that he saw this relationship as weak, that I wasn't really in love, and there was going to be someone else in my life in 2011. Now, even though I don't really believe in destiny and stuff, and I'm happy in my relationship, this disturbs me. It's making me unhappy. So I'm asking you, is it possible to see such a thing for sure?

BobZemco

So I'm asking you, is it possible to see such a thing for sure?

Of course it's possible, but people can make mistakes in predictions. I guess too the other issue is how you view Astrology and there are a number of differing views. I believe most individuals have Free Will, but that it may be restricted or limited, based on the number of Planets and Luminaries in the East/West division of the natal chart and progressed chart. People with more Planets in the East are in greater control of their own Destiny, while people with more Planets in the West have lives that are intertwined with others and maybe not so much in control. And then there's the Vertex Point which in my experience suggests Fated Events or events beyond one's control.

In your specific situation, I think it might revolve around the predictive method used by the astrologer (eg Horary, Transits, Transits and Progressions, Solar Returns, Lunar Returns, Solar Arc or a combination).

If you're looking for a "2nd Opinion" from others here, you'd need to post a natal, progressed and transit chart.

waybread

Bob, just curious. What method would you see as capable of predicting that a client would have a new love interest in 2011?

nuwanda

Okay what about this, can you tell me what my ascendant is? It's either 29 Libra or 1 Scorpio..

I'm fair skinned, I have a distinctive beauty spot above my lips, I have a birth mark on my arm, I'm 5' 2'', and I used to be thin but now I'm chubby.

I can predict whether he's good or not from this.

Attachments

• astro natal.jpg
    astro natal.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 42

dr. farr

In response to the question about it being possible to see such things, I believe the answer is yes: however:
-what is "seen" is not fated; at best it is a likely trend, and often it is only a possibility
-what the particular practitioner "sees" is based entirely on the practitioner, their methodology, their intuition, their insight, any or all of which could be, as Mr. Zemco explains above, quite faulty.
-being able to describe a person's ascending degree from their physical appearance is not necessarily connected with the ability of a practitioner to delineate the trends and tendencies in a chart in general; in fact, although mine is a minority opinion, the physical traits are a blend of which astrological influences "took" at birth, and at the very least, even if rejecting this "took at birth" concept, physical traits at least involve consideration of the ascendant+the decanate of the ascendant+the Sun sign, and in many cases also the Moon sign as well.

BobZemco

Bob, just curious. What method would you see as capable of predicting that a client would have a new love interest in 2011?

I like confirmation.

In theory, I would have done the natal chart for the client and have a list of dates for major past events to compare transits/progressions (I know only basic things about Solar Arc Direction so I don't use it that often) and in that way I know how the transits and progressions operate for the client.

I'd want to see signs in transits-to-transits, transits to natal/progressed, and something in a Solar Return (and then I'd probably look at the Lunar or Semi-Lunar Return for that month as well).

If it's something life changing/life impacting, you should see it 2 or 3 or 4 times.

dr. farr said:
...physical traits at least involve consideration of the ascendant+the decanate of the ascendant+the Sun sign, and in many cases also the Moon sign as well.

Can you post that in a Sticky somewhere?

I consider all of that, plus I look at Jupiter's house position (sometimes that body part is enlarged unless in hard aspect with Saturn).

Re: Love conquers all

Unfortunately, there is no set formula or signature for marriage or childbirth, although others may disagree, apparently horary and vedic seem confident in this area. There are indicators and potential as there would be with natal, solar return chart but guarantees -- (post 2 & 3 below)
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=207744#post207744

Your chart is a blueprint of your personality, facets and penchants and the whole chart is 'potential' for development. There is nothing guaranteed or fatalistic in charts, I do believe we still do have free will. I also believe we chose our parents and childhood circumstances best suited to learning those Lessons in the best way we can.

I think it's worth bearing in mind that the natal chart, like solar returns is all about 'potential' but as we all know we don't always fulfil that potential do we.

It's like someone saying you can predict death, but with modern medicine and sciences the way they are and the potential to 'die' three times in a life, doesn't mean to say you will does it

I think lots of people have unrealistic expectations about what astrology can and can't do. astrology is an 'art, science and craft' and not clairvoyance either. If there were a formula or signature, don't you think we would ALL be using it?

Predicting marriage and/or having children can be done, but it is not easy, time consuming and intricate. There are lots of things to take into consideration like, secondary progressions, what inter-aspects one chart makes to another, Solar arcs, Solar returns, Transits etc

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3192
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3179
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14255

Symbolic Directions in Modern Astrology – book by

By Charles E. Carter
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=uDv0Xj9YjngC&printsec=frontcover&dq=astrology+Charles+Carter&hl=en&ei=w5HeS7G6DYb2-Aa71Oj_Bg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CD8Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

nuwanda

Thanks everyone!

Well the thing is, I'm really really in love with my partner, actually, I count us as married.. though we may not legally be.

I would never ask an astrologer whether we'd be together or not, because in my heart I believe it completely, but when he came to me and said the opposite, it disturbed me.

But you all comforted me, and I'll be leaving this behind.

I know my chart says my ascendant is Libra 29, but the astrologer told me, and I quote: "The doctors must have got your birth time wrong by 10 minutes, your ascendant is definitely Scorpio, because you look like a Scorpio."

Which seemed very weird to me, because I also know that the Moon sign can affect someone's looks, and my moon is in Scorpio.. and I think even a 29 Libra ascendant would give someone a little bit of Scorpio looks because it's so close to the Scorpio ascendant.

RockFish

So this stupid astrologer told me anyway, that he saw this relationship as weak, that I wasn't really in love, and there was going to be someone else in my life in 2011.

I find this ridiculous.

It's extremely disrespectful when someone says "you are not really in love", because I think this is not something he or anyone else can decide for you, much less by looking at a natal chart.

How did he come to this conclusion, was it synastry or just looking at your chart?

nuwanda

Just my chart! He didn't (the astrologer) even know my boyfriend's birth date.

I totally agree. I was really mad when he said that.

Kannon

The real problem here is that you went to a lousy astrologer who specifically ignored your instructions to him.

So list what the strengths and weaknesses of your relationship are and resolve to use the strengths (and those within you) to overcome the weaknesses.

Frank

If the astrologer attempted to explore that with you when you specifically stated that you didn't want that area explored, it could be considered unethical

Just because a map has an exit marked on a freeway, that doesn't mean you have to take that exit.

Here's something I've posted elsewhere previously. Consider it carefully.

Clients hear something like this from me during nearly every consultation:

"I'm showing you a map. This map has many different destinations you can choose to go to. It has many different routes you can take to those many different destinations. My job is to show you the interesting places you might want to go, and describe some routes to get to them.

"I cannot choose your destination, nor can I choose your route. That is up to you. I can show you places on the route where the bridge is out, or where there is a very steep uphill climb. I can also show you the places where the road is straight and fast or scenic and slow.

"You have to make your own choices. I cannot make them for you - and any astrologer who says he or she can should be avoided."

Nexus7

It's extremely disrespectful when someone says "you are not really in love", because I think this is not something he or anyone else can decide for you, much less by looking at a natal chart.

It is also extremely arrogant. This is the sort of thing that could give Astrologya bad name.

Claire19

I have to say that some so called astrologers are not competent and you really need someone who is recommended to you as being good.

You may meet someone in 2011 but you may decide not to get involved. We cant control who we love but we can control what we do about our feelings.
Also remember that this and other astrologers can have their own agenda and project their issues onto your reading.

Without a chart I cant comment further.

Mark

Going to a bad astrologer can be quite disheartening. Although he did misinterpret (overstepped, I might call it), he may still have been looking at something real. Let's remember that what is seen in your horoscope is a reflection of qualities built into you that can be utilised and modified by choice. Thinking of it as a reflected quality of yours, I think I would interpret what he was seeing as being a change in your mode of attachment or something like that; perhaps you've developed to a point where your relational style is naturally changing. I don't know of any way to confirm that changes to planets, aspects, or anything of the like are analogous to people coming or going in your life. What is seen in your chart is you. The only other people that can be seen are the ones that relate to you and only in the capacity in which they relate to you. Information about the presence of a particular person in your life is nearly impossible to derive without their horoscope as well, and even then you can expect many wild geese, chases, and so forth. In short, no one should worry about things said by a deficient astrologer. Life is a game of will and astrology was never meant to account for that.

Claire19

Re: Love conquers all

Your Ascendant is 29 Libra...or 28.41.51 degrees Libra, to be exact.

However, to determine whether he's good or not, you need only ask yourself if he was correct in "seeing" that you are not really in love with your current partner...

...Only you can know the answer to that...But if he got it wrong, then I'd say his prediction about there being someone else in your life in 2011 is likely to be wrong too.

EJ
Remember to look at what Venus is doing as ruler of Libra and its aspects. This gives a fuller picture particularly to your persona and appearance.