Saturn Return - Potential to be Extra Nasty - Help!!

Mia1982

So my Saturn return is coming up. My natal Saturn is Libra, 9th house, with both Mars and Pluto conjuncting in an extremely tight orb. Also, my Venus is in a precise square with Pluto.

One thing that I have been told about Saturn returns is that it's extra-dramatic when you have father issues, and long story, but I am estranged from both of my parents. I am working on my Bachelor's and will be sitting my CPA exams during the time of my return. I am also looking at doing a working holiday visa in Ireland during that time, and possibly staying in Europe to do my Master's degree and maybe beyond. Though I do wonder if I should be mindful of the dates of these transits when I plan my visa for Ireland, especially at the 9th house is the house of travel. But then again, the visa lasts for a year, except that if you enter Ireland after your 30th birthday you have to leave by your 31st birthday, which for me is February 2013.

I also haven't had much luck with relationships, and I don't expect to be able to start one untill the influence of my return is finished at the end of 2012. I may be wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

With all of this in mind, what can I expect from my Saturn return? How can I minimize any damage done during this time? And what life events (mainly marriage, children, career, and travel) can I expect during my thirties?

Thanks in advance for any and all help and insight given. Here's the exact dates going from an ephemeris of when the conjunctions to Saturn, Mars, and Pluto will be exact:

Saturn conjunct natal Mars: Oct. 5th, 2011
Saturn conjunct natal Saturn: Oct. 27th, 2011
Saturn conjunct natal Pluto: Dec. 12th, 2011, Apr. 8th, 2012, & Sep. 6th, 2012
Saturn square natal Venus: Dec. 5th, 2011, Apr. 14th, 2012, & Sep. 1st, 2012

Attachments

• Mia.gif
    Mia.gif
    50.7 KB · Views: 24

Inside Out Orange

I wouldn't have expected your saturn return to be especially nasty just because it will contact mars and pluto too. After all these aspects (saturn conjunct mars&pluto) are already contained within your natal charts so you should be able to handle the transitting energies of saturn with relative ease.

Saturn returns are really about focusing your energies. Getting rid of the old ways of being that you had in your teens and twenties, and preparing to build something new for your thirties. I'd guess that your saturn placement already helps you do that.

Mia1982

Thanks, it has been very dramatic in my life ever since my 28th birthday, and Saturn has always been very troublesome for me. So I do like to be prepared! :)

Inside Out Orange

Thanks, it has been very dramatic in my life ever since my 28th birthday

That was Feb 2010 right? Well ... Chiron hit your natal moon in late March/April and Neptune hasn't been too far away. And Jupiter hit the moon & sun just before your birthday providing potential for expansion and growth in the areas of the self and values/possessions.

Mia1982

Yeah, Feb. 2010. The day I started thinking about my Saturn Return was the day I had my car accident, which was the day after my birthday. I was hit, my car had to be towed but their's didn't, and yet the cop still saw fit to put me at fault for it, and I am currently battling that one in court.

Also this year, last April, I ended uphaving to come to the extremely difficult decision of having to sever my relationship with my mother, long story but her influence is dangerous. Which effectively makes me an orphan, as I've been estranged from my father for 8 years.

I was also in a long-distance relationship with a man in Hawaii who I felt was my soulmate more than anyone else I've ever met. Then a week ago, he decides to dump me for his ex who cheated on him. And this feels like the worst heartbreak I've ever been through.

I am currently working on my accounting degree, and as of December I will have my degree to the point where I can work on it online, so anywhere in the world as long as I have internet access and I'm good to go. Right now, I live in rural Georgia, where I feel like an alien. I miss travelling, I have lived overseas before, and that's why I'm looking at going to Europe for my working holiday visa and my Master's degree. Though meanwhile, the job market in Georgia is terrible and there's only so much more of the mentality I can take here, so I'm thinking of moving to New York as an intermediate step where I will probably save money so much more quickly.

Anyway, sorry that was kind of long, but that's a bit of a glimpse of the drama that's happened since my 28th birthday and what could very likely happen from now untill my Saturn return is finished.

Inside Out Orange

Ouch ... tough times indeed. There seems to be so much **** out there in everybody's lives at the moment. You're not alone, we're all fighting it together ...

Severing connections with your mother would coincide with chiron transitting your natal moon. I suspect with Chiron due to retransit your moon and then Neptune over the next year or two; there may be one or two attempts to sway you back into contact. Remember actions speak louder than words.

As for losing your soulmate - very tough. Neptune hit me with that this past year. For you didn't the recent solar eclipse hit your descendent pretty closely?

Mia1982

Wow, that eclipse happened within a very tight orb of both my North Node and my now ex's Moon. And that's also when things started getting very tense for both of us, which I blame myself a lot for as I do have trust issues in relationships. We broke up a week and a half later.