Death By Overdose

jenluvsblackcat

Hey all!
This is just a general question that rolls around in my head from time to time, but are there indicators in the natal chart (or any relevant chart) that would declare that a person died in a past life of a drug overdose?
I would tend to think there would be a lot of neptune afflictions in the chart, mixed with a complete fear and aversion of the heavier drugs one can die from. Perhaps a south node in scorpio, or pisces?
Looking forward to your thoughts!
Jen

Cassie Priam

I will just think out loud here but I think the scenario you describe is unintentional overdose, someone who has misused drugs a great deal in a past life?

I would be looking at the 6/12 axis. 6h is going to show body karma.
The sun in the 6h, Taurus on the cusp, or difficult aspects to the sun indicate past life abuse of the body. Jup aspects may indicate over indulgence. Pluto may indicate past compulsions.

Overindulgence can be indicated by Mars in the 6h or in Sag, Taurus, Cap and or aspects to Jup.

Drug addiction may be indicated by Mars aspects to the Sun, Jup, Ura, and Nep. Also look to see if Mars is the ruler of 6 or 12 house.

Neptune is a very good indicator of past life addictive behavior. Look for Nep/Mars aspects, or Nep/Pisces aspects.

Since there was a death I would be looking for Mars, or Pluto somehow connected to the Neptune or Pisces.

Hope this helps......

jenluvsblackcat

Maybe it would be helpful for one to identify the periods in history when a drug overdose death would have been possible. During the 1960's is one example.

Cassie Priam

Jen:

Your idea raised my curiosity about the history of drug abuse and use. I knew it went back at least several centuries.

I googled it and was surprised to see that abuse of opium goes back as far as 5000 BC! Drug abuse is documented throughout the history of man. (see below.) And anytime there is abuse there can be an overdose, either deliberate or accidental.

And many ancient rituals used hallucinogens which could be abused as well.
And alcohol can produce a toxic fatal reaction as well.

http://www.lectlaw.com/files/drg09.htm

Very interesting! In some ways human nature has not changed much in 7000 years!

Cassie

Lorielle

I'm reasonably sure that I died of starvation in a past life, which is why I seem like I can never get enough to eat in this one.

Claire19

Starvation in the past can be indicated by Saturn and Pluto in the 6th. Also look at what is in the 12th house this time around. I had a past life reading once and I apparently did die at about 5 years old and have Saturn and Pluto in the 6th conjunct Mercury. So my sibling also died. None of us will miss a meal and my mother in particular always worried we were getting enough to eat. None of us overeat or are obsessed with food though although we are all overweight but society standards.

Claire.