Question on mars rx?

Hey there,

I was hoping, looking for anyone with some knowledge bombs on retrograde.

As you can see on my chart, my mars is fairly intense, but it's retrograde, and this has dogged me all my life.

I would really appreciate it if anyone with retrograde mars could help me with this "condition" and any advice or stories regarding such are more than welcomed.

Any tips on how to deal with this or stories on how/when/why this curse lifted itself for you would also be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!:smile:
boriboir90

Attachments

• carte.php.png
    carte.php.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 49

Yuusha

Hi boribori90, I think the reason why you feel Mars in Gemini retrograde so strongly is because it is close to the midheaven, and I wonder if 0 degrees is a crucial degree in any way. Are you having a hard time focusing your energies (since Mars is in Gemini+being retro)?

Your Mars is not as negatively aspected as mine, I can assure you (Mars Square Neptune, Mars Square Chiron, Mars Inconjunct Pluto...thank goodness for Mars Trine Venus, Mars Sextile Jupiter and Mars Trine Moon). I have a natal Mars retro in Aries in the first house, so asserting myself appropriately can be tricky (though things like martial arts do help). Asserting myself does not come naturally to me, especially since I fear trampling other people's wishes, but there are also times when I feel an urgent need to stand up for myself when I feel like something is at stake.

I'm looking forward to the day my Mars turns direct on my progressed chart (which will happen in 20 years or so).

Idrew

I had assertion issues in my teens, but after enrolling in karate classes that all changed. I am now very assertive, competative and even aggresive. I guess I just needed a jump start. boribori90 if you think you have an intense mars, have a look at mine.

Attachments

• me.gif
    me.gif
    49.4 KB · Views: 33
Thanks for the advice. Careerwise, I had no clue what I wanted to do so I just enrolled in the first thing my parents suggested. Less than 2 years later I decided it was a stupid idea and wouldn't fit in with the way I viewed the world and what I wanted out of it, so I up and left. Now I'm pursuing a different career path, but have a few others in mind at all times. Career has always been the most important thing to me, and I NEED to do something that I find passion in. Anything less isn't gonna work.

Yuusha, have you found that martial arts helps you find inner peace and confidence as opposed to outlets for aggression? Since we're both mars rx, I figured that maybe we'd see some things similarly.

JUPITERASC

boribori90 the sign and house position of your natal Mercury links to your Gemini Mars. Saturn is involved because your natal Mercury is located in Tropical Capricorn :smile:

Yuusha

@boribori90

You have a Capricorn stellium in the 5th house, so it could explain why you want to associate work and ambition with passion. Your Mars in Gemini retro is also in the 10th house next to your midheaven.

Karate does help me have more self-confidence, helps me deal with verbal confrontations better, and I get less upset over negative remarks from others. But I still have more self-work to do.

@Idrew

I am impressed by your achievements, especially considering that your Mars retro is in Pisces opposed to your Sun. Moreover, your Mars is conjunct your IC.

zona967

Banned
Could it mean you reconsider your actions several times before actually doing something?

Maybe it's no coincidence that some of the other member mentioned karate. Mars in Gemini also means powerful hands (Gemini).

You might also have a good writing ability and put a lot of passion in your writing.

Ruler Mercury in Capricorn in 5th could also mean talking in front of other people like a stage, for example teaching.

Mercury conjunct Uranus could lead to flashes of pure genius.

I think creating something on your own would be a good idea, you have four planets in 5th house plus North Node there, one of those planets (Saturn) rules the bunch and on top of that is in rulership. Actually North Node Capricorn plus Saturn in rulership is a very strong position indicating a very strong career drive and the need to be successful.

Fifth house is creativity, being on a stage (actor, musician, all sorts of stage performers), dealing with children. Capricorn wants something tangible, something you can touch, initiating (cardinal sign) form (earth), also structuring, organising.

The last chart I saw of a person with a heavy 5th house Capricorn was of a dancer (I can't recall the style of dance), and I think they also won competitions and got medals from there (Capricorn's need for tangible recognition). I personally never thought dancing could be associated with Capricorn but that is also a sign of form (earth), molding what you see into a particular shape, so why not? Further, Capricorn is persistent and slowly but steadily puts all the pratical work necessary to get where it wants to go.

Mars in 10th house (exalted by house) would mean you put a lot of effort into making a name for yourself, turning yourself into someone visible and recognisable.

Mars is at a critical degree indeed which can point to an urgent need felt to express itself. However, the retrograde motion is going to slow down the process significantly. I've noticed retrograde planets like to express themselves in writing or art (more introverted, like talking to oneself) and in Gemini a lot of energy would be dedicated to communicating in some way.

In some forms of esoteric astrology, Gemini and Capricorn form the so-called writers' channel as Gemini is responsible for turning events into thinking and Capricorn - for turning thinking into events. These are the people who cause events to happen, describe them, make sense of them and then draw conclusions.

Your Mars has most probably turned direct by progression about a year and a half ago so it being retrograde in your natal chart should not be something that worries you too much anymore.

If you believe in past lives, maybe there was some karma to pay in relation to you taking some ill-considered actions previous lifetimes.

It being retrograde could also signify you having glipmses of your own future, so to speak, in essence perceiving future and/or past actions as taking place in the present moment. When you get to actually taking the action it might feel like you've already executed it before so you do nothing. It's like time flowing not in a straight forward manner but having glimses from several periods lasting a certain amount of time then kind of having a time jump and moving to another period. Then back in the past, forward in the future, etc.

Thanks zona967, that was enlightening.

Looking back, I'd have to agree and confirm much of what you said. I like writing, martial arts competitions, public speaking, and playing gigs, all of which fit my chart's description. Also, deja vu' seems to work both ways for me. For example, I'll experience regular deja vu', and sometimes I'll have a flashback to when I envisioned the present moment. Funky brain wiring? Maybe, maybe not.

I have one more question however, if you don't mind answering. An online natal report identified the specific destiny of my MC as a tragic one, so I was wondering how reliable those degree-interpretation systems are. Are those degrees historically connected to specific destinies?

zona967

Banned
An online natal report identified the specific destiny of my MC as a tragic one, so I was wondering how reliable those degree-interpretation systems are. Are those degrees historically connected to specific destinies?

I have no knowledge on specific degrees other than the 1st (0-1) and the 30th (29-30) as requiring immediate action.

Going with some traditional astrology, Mars is peregrine, retrograde and conjunct the second most important angle after the Ascendant, the MC, from the 10th house. The latter gives it extra power of expression but since Mars is not very strong itself that power might be used to do more harm than good. It's like a semi-competent person appointed as CEO of a big organization. Imagine the extent of damage they can do there.

The good news is Mars is in the sign, triplicity and terms of a fairly well-placed Mercury (in its own terms, the sign ruler in domicile) which means that it has a fairly good master. Mercury translates some of that power back to Mars as it is in the sign where Mars is exalted.

The important thing here is to rely on some sort of guidance from a well-learned person (Mercury) when climbing the career ladder (Mars in 10th house) and to avoid fighting for status for status' sake at all cost (Mars in the 10th house without Mercury's control) as it may well work against your best interests (Rx motion).

Alternatively, you (Mercury, also ruler of the Ascendant) could provide such guidance to someone on a top position (Mars conjunct MC). Formally, they may have the power but informally you might be the person behind many of the decisions. The person might suffer and you might remain in a good position.