What is my boss's perception of me professionally?

cherylchad

I have had this boss for the longest time now (more than a decade), and I want to know what is his professional perception of me? Am in the legal field incidentally. He has always been seemingly fond of me. I report to him long distance, he wanted me to move back even couple of months back, but I sort of refused. Recently he seems more reconciled about it and said that it was very important to have a base where I currently am now, so that part is all good.

Comments that I have recently received include I should delegate more and take on a more challenging strategic role. But I am a little worried about a senior colleague who is fairly close to him, and the level of cooperation I am expected by my boss to mete out to that colleague. Also, recently my boss has become far more serious and intense, as he seems to be in a race against time. Hence his dynamic with everyone seems to be changing- and I wonder where I now stand.

I also cast another horary chart after this as to what does he plan for my career (in terms of work allocation, giving me more challenging work and of course I hope he is not secretly undercutting me, which would be fatal because he is in a very powerful position in the organisation.) and that's the second chart.

Any thoughts are welcome- I will still use logic in dealing with him, but I wonder whether what I am thinking about how he perceives my professional potential matches what is astrologically going on. Thanks.

My reading, but this is all guesswork- Would I be correct in thinking that he sees me as transformative, but my ascendant sign ruler Saturn in placed in 12th- so perhaps he sees me as detaching from the race or being in seclusion, and that despite seemingly being reconciled to my refusal of move back, he is not so happy after all? or could it be that he is my secret enemy. But if boss is the 6th house as i saw mentioned somewhere, and that is Gemini with Mercury as the ruler which is placed in the 8th house of Virgo, hence strong- does he see want to truly psychoanalyse what I am about and how much real mettle I have. Does he think I am too soft and my moon and venus being in 4th and 7th houses are reflective of the fact that I am more interested in my personal life than my career - which is the reason he thinks that I moved away in the first place. None of these look too good, except that Jupiter in 9th house dealing with law and close to MC etc may not be bad.

Attachments

• how does my boss see me.jpg
    how does my boss see me.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 56
  • what does he plan for my career.jpg
    what does he plan for my career.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

waybread

Why are there two different charts here?

Just looking at the first one, I'd say you're fine with your boss. You're Saturn in Sagittarius, he's Jupiter in Libra, as well as Venus, so Jupiter "receives" Saturn. Then so far as your significator goes, I would turn the chart. We want to know what he thinks about you, not what you think about you. You're in your boss's third house, which deals with communication. Sagittarius includes long-distances, so "long-distance communication seems about right.

These two planets apply to a nice sextile, with the sun translating light between them. The moon (your emotional stake in the matter) is exalted in Taurus, and applies to a sextile with Venus (good.)

I think your Saturn in the 12th indicates that you're feeling fussed about the situation, but maybe you don't need to feel so anxious.

Last edited:

cherylchad

Why are there two different charts here?

Just looking at the first one, I'd say you're fine with your boss. You're Saturn in Sagittarius, he's Jupiter in Libra, as well as Venus, so Jupiter "receives" Saturn. Then so far as your significator goes, I would turn the chart. We want to know what he thinks about you, not what you think about you. You're in your boss's third house, which deals with communication. Sagittarius includes long-distances, so "long-distance communication seems about right.

These two planets apply to a nice sextile, with the sun translating light between them. The moon (your emotional stake in the matter) is exalted in Taurus, and applies to a sextile with Venus (good.)

I think your Saturn in the 12th indicates that you're feeling fussed about the situation, but maybe you don't need to feel so anxious.

Thanks so much.. quite relieved 😌..two different charts because the second chart was about what does he plan to do regarding my career (as distinguished from how does he see me), in terms of work allocation, will he have my back etc.

Last edited:

waybread

Sorry, you said so but I didn't catch it. I don't see these questions as significantly different.

But as a teaching moment, how would you read chart #2-- keeping in mind that Mars is the one planet not weakened by combustion with the sun?

The one thing I pick up here is that the 12th house, where your significator is, can indicate isolation and being out of the loop. Are you able to travel periodically to your boss's location, or have more frequent face time via Skype or something comparable?

cherylchad

Could the sun-mars link in 7th house indicate that there is a litigation that we are equally invested in at work, that will actually succeed? Or that he thinks we are equal partners when it comes to our abilities (which would be a relief)?

However using whole signs, he is Venus in 7th house, which would mean the equal abilities or partnership aspect still applies. But then the Sun-Mars link goes to 8th house. Would that mean that either his plans regarding my career need further validation or research or deep diving into my abilities, or that he wants to keep his plans a secret? And that these plans pertain to the organisation structure etc (since it is a large organisation) as they are in his 11th house. Perhaps he is intentionally not filling me on in some organisational structure changes or his elevation as he wants to be secretive?

My boss wants me to travel to him frequently and is keen to be more communicative on work, but earlier this year I felt I was getting too dependent/ attached to him and his ideas, and it was blocking my ability to think with clarity. I felt the result could be he would end up underestimating my abilities and spoonfeeding me, so I reduced contact over time and now I interact when absolutely essential.

My approach now is that I can independently deliver on what he needs so that he forms a better opinion of my abilities. He now leaves me alone unless I seek his help and it helps me think more clearly. So that could be the Saturn in 12th.

Last edited:

cherylchad

Sorry, you said so but I didn't catch it. I don't see these questions as significantly different.

But as a teaching moment, how would you read chart #2-- keeping in mind that Mars is the one planet not weakened by combustion with the sun?

The one thing I pick up here is that the 12th house, where your significator is, can indicate isolation and being out of the loop. Are you able to travel periodically to your boss's location, or have more frequent face time via Skype or something comparable?

Hey Waybread, have posted my final view on Chart 2- would you care to comment?

waybread

I don't like the expression "over-thinking" something, but I think it is possible to over-think a horary chart. I don't see your boss so much as the issue, but your conflicted feelings about your boss-employee relationship, with moon (your emotional stake in the matter) square Mars (your boss as well as your career significators.)

I'd stick with Regiomontanus houses.

Otherwise, the sun still translates light from Mars to Saturn in a trine relationship, so I'd say you're pretty solid with the boss.