Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Recommendations

Recommendations Looking for advice and suggestions on books, websites, programs, professionals, organizations, or anything else related to astrology? Ask and share your opinions here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 01-26-2012, 08:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to SecondaryChart
Re: Carl Payne Tobey's Correspondence Course

I'll look into it and probably others on this thread will do more than I. I'm pretty well overwhelmed with what I already have from over the years .

Carl wrote lots of articles for the national astrology magazines (as well as very successful national syndocated astrology column that took up half a page in the Sunday comics,) but was, frankly, overlooked by a great many of his contemporaries (Notable Exception: Grant Lewi) He went his own way (especially for a Taurus.) AFAIK he never even owned his own home, which he easily could have. (I OTOH have Taurus rising - Aquarius as my Secondary) and live 3 blocks away from the hospital where I was born 55 years ago!)

After so many years of his truly radical and very abstract Frames of Reference discoveries being pretty much ignored/forgotten/dismissed, it's wonderful to find a seed community of people who appreciate his genius.

Best to all.

Tags
carl, correspondence, payne, tobey