Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat > Spiritual Realm

Spiritual Realm This is the place for deep conversations on the divine, spiritual, esoteric, metaphysical, and arcane in your life.

Unread 08-10-2019, 09:59 PM

Re: Bow to leper messiah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
I am offended by the belief that those of other beliefs will be punished for all eternity. That's a more recent idea, peculiar to this Age, which is now coming to a climactic ending.
You are not far from the kingdom of God.

Unread 08-11-2019, 09:23 AM

Smile Re: Bow to leper messiah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post
You are not far from the kingdom of God.
Isn't it supposed to be somehow "within", rather than a place apart that must be reached?
Unread 08-11-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Isn't it supposed to be somehow "within", rather than a place apart that must be reached?
Some translations of Luke 17:21 have ''in the midst of you'' or ''among you'' instead of ''within you''. With any of the three translations, Jesus probably was referring to himself working to change the hearts of men during his first appearance on earth. Indeed the faithful may experience some of the powers of the age to come (Hebrews 6). My lord also promises everyone will receive a hundred times more in the present age if one follows him and eternal life in the age to come.

Jesus said, “Truly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or lands, for my sake and for the gospel, who will not receive a hundredfold now in this time, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions, and in the age to come eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and the last first.” - Mark 10:29-31 ESV

Lord Jesus will come to rule a physical kingdom from David's throne within Jerusalem when he returns the second time (see Isaiah 9:7 and Zechariah 8:3). This will be a new world order that will last a thousand years, and after it, an eternity in a heavenly Jerusalem.

And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him, “Which commandment is the most important of all?” Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” And the scribe said to him, “You are right, Teacher. You have truly said that he is one, and there is no other besides him. And to love him with all the heart and with all the understanding and with all the strength, and to love one's neighbor as oneself, is much more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.” And when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And after that no one dared to ask him any more questions. - Mark 12 ESV

He commended the truthfulness of the fellow Jew on the Sh'ma and the Golden Rule.

Likewise your faith in the climactic ending of this age, your hope of much better future, the true fate of most wicked (which does not consist of eternal torment, but destruction), I believe are biblical, but you ought to study the Scriptures to see how you can partake of the coming kingdom.

Last edited by petosiris; 08-11-2019 at 10:37 AM.
Unread 08-11-2019, 10:41 AM

Where does the eternal torment concept originate, biblically speaking? A mistranslation perhaps? It's a widespread belief.
Unread 08-11-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Where does the eternal torment concept originate, biblically speaking? A mistranslation perhaps? It's a widespread belief.
Most passages refer to destruction, a second death and everlasting punishment of the wicked, but Revelation 20:10 does say that there will be eternal torment for three individuals. Unlike most annihilationists/conditionalists, I affirm the eternal torment of these three individuals based on the plain meaning of this verse, but otherwise I think the wicked will cease to exist after a period of suffering according to their deeds, which is in agreement with the Scriptures and reasoning of the perfect justice of God. As for ''the fire that is never quenched'', I believe it repudiates the idea of universalism (everyone will come to salvation after a period of purification, a sort of purgatory - an unbiblical idea), as well as applying the fire to the aforementioned individuals whose deeds may deserve eternal torment.

Last edited by petosiris; 08-11-2019 at 10:54 AM.
Unread 08-12-2019, 02:46 PM

Hey Cold Fusion. Have you ever heard of the death cult known as Ascension? I bet their chart would look quite evil, considering their beliefs.
Unread 08-12-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
Hey Cold Fusion. Have you ever heard of the death cult known as Ascension? I bet their chart would look quite evil, considering their beliefs.
No one's heard of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
Cold Fusion (05-06-2020)
Unread 08-12-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
No one's heard of it.
That's interesting. Seems they keep on the down low.

They have a website, but my computer says its unsafe to visit. The beliefs are quite something else.

Edit: They're called Ascensionism.

Edit 2: They have actually erased most of their presence online. Wow. Talk about shady.

Last edited by Blaze; 08-12-2019 at 03:31 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
david starling (08-12-2019)
Unread 08-26-2019, 05:09 PM

The Golden Rule:The principle of treating others as one wishes to be treated. It involves empathizing and perceiving others also as "I" or "self". The Golden Rule will never inspire a Psychopath. Psychopathy is characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits.

Unread 08-26-2019, 05:16 PM

The Golden Rule:The principle of treating others as one wishes to be treated. It involves empathizing and perceiving others also as "I" or "self". The Golden Rule will never inspire a Psychopath. Psychopathy is characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits.

Last edited by Cold Fusion; 08-26-2019 at 05:19 PM.
Unread 09-06-2019, 01:46 AM

These are some really kooky people.

Unread 09-07-2019, 02:08 PM

Beware, Satans grandiose narcissistic delusions is at an astronomical level right now.

Unread 10-23-2019, 05:21 PM

Unread 04-16-2020, 02:33 AM

The irony impairment creeps the **** out of me.

Unread 05-06-2020, 08:53 PM

3 or 9?

Unread 05-08-2020, 04:28 PM

Unread 05-17-2020, 05:10 PM

When people are so delusional they mistake hell as heaven.

Unread 05-17-2020, 05:49 PM

Last edited by Cold Fusion; 05-17-2020 at 05:53 PM.
Unread 05-26-2020, 04:47 PM

Unread 05-31-2020, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Fusion View Post
Sorry, the example doesn't work with Christianity in the first three centuries.

And

''What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written,

“For your sake we are being killed all the day long;
we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.'' - Romans 8 ESV

Last edited by petosiris; 05-31-2020 at 04:02 PM.
Unread 05-31-2020, 06:18 PM

Ignoring history and throwing out textbook answers is fruitless to me.

Unread 05-31-2020, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Fusion View Post
Ignoring history and throwing out textbook answers is fruitless to me.
Peto is living in the past these days. So, for him, the last 1700 years of history hasn't happened.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
Cold Fusion (05-31-2020)
Unread 05-31-2020, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Peto is living in the past these days. So, for him, the last 1700 years of history hasn't happened.
What do you mean? Point is easily disproven. The 1700 years of history only succeed the previous 300. Every blessing of the West is because of the fathers.

Last edited by petosiris; 05-31-2020 at 08:41 PM.
Unread 06-01-2020, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post
What do you mean? Point is easily disproven. The 1700 years of history only succeed the previous 300. Every blessing of the West is because of the fathers.
Would you consider materialistic Modern Science and Capitalism as blessings bestowed by "the fathers" ( as you describe them)?
Unread 06-01-2020, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Would you consider materialistic Modern Science and Capitalism as blessings bestowed by "the fathers" ( as you describe them)?
Blessings are bestowed by the God of the universe. I consider science and prospering economies as blessings that are not accidental to first develop in a Christian culture. Yet other people are to benefit from them just as the enemies of God benefit from the Sun and rain and so on.

Because through the seed of Abraham are the nations blessed, as it is written.

Last edited by petosiris; 06-01-2020 at 01:40 AM.