Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat > Hot topic arena

Hot topic arena As the title suggest, this sub-board is dedicated to non-astrological talks on interesting, important or controversial topics.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #426  
Unread 05-04-2020, 02:22 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,824
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

At what point does abortion become murder, that is, the unborn have as much right to life as the mother does to her freedom?

Reply With Quote
  #427  
Unread 05-04-2020, 04:35 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,072
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
Thanks for trying David, but, it is nice to know of people. It can't be resolved, when others think they have the right to choose for others. Our world is so overpopulated, it is so sad that some are interested, in causing more unwanted, unneeded people on earth.

But, as I see it

You can't fix stupid.
Do you notice the irony in your statement?

You are choosing what to do with someone elses life ... because in your view the other person is "unwanted" and "uneeded", and you give yourself the right to kill the person.

You complain about overpopulation, why haven't you ended your own life then?

Seems to me like you regard other people as "uneeded". I love the 20th century nazi arguments people throw around.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
  #428  
Unread 05-04-2020, 04:38 PM
Opal's Avatar
Opal Opal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,794
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
Do you notice the irony in your statement?

You are choosing what to do with someone elses life ... because in your view the other person is "unwanted" and "uneeded", and you give yourself the right to kill the person.

You complain about overpopulation, why haven't you ended your own life then?

Seems to me like you regard other people as "uneeded". I love the 20th century nazi arguments people throw around.
hahaha, see David, you can't fix stupid.
Reply With Quote
  #429  
Unread 05-04-2020, 04:40 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,072
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
At what point does abortion become murder, that is, the unborn have as much right to life as the mother does to her freedom?
Talking as if the mother has no genetic responsability over the child's existance is a bit of a misdirection.

Its not that the baby is the man's "seed" (as someone stupidly stated earlier) and his alone. The baby is created by her egg and genetic information. Although the circumstances of conception are usually horrible and awful, doesn't mean the fetus isn't her child.

Let me ask you something, according to your logic, if a mother has a right to her freedom, does that mean that if a man impregnates a woman, then he should have no obligation to pay child support?

After all he has a right to his freedom too... doesn't he?
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
  #430  
Unread 05-04-2020, 04:40 PM
Opal's Avatar
Opal Opal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,794
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
At what point does abortion become murder, that is, the unborn have as much right to life as the mother does to her freedom?
Not my place to decide. That is between a person and their belief system.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Opal For This Useful Post:
leomoon (05-04-2020)
  #431  
Unread 05-04-2020, 04:42 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,072
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
hahaha, see David, you can't fix stupid.
The aggresiveness in your statements, just reveals the weakness of your argument mate. Go take a nap and let the adults talk.

__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
  #432  
Unread 05-04-2020, 04:53 PM
leomoon's Avatar
leomoon leomoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 851
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
Not my place to decide. That is between a person and their belief system.

Women are more then just incubators. They cannot be FORCED to be an incubator although many would try to force.

Selfishness is rampant everywhere.



Not everyone who aborts a fetus is selfish either, so best not to judge the other.



As for a fetus? Not all of us believe that it is a full fledged soul who inhabits the fetus , but perhaps the souls vie for that particular body, until it is no more, then it goes elsewhere to become viable. Anyway, that's how I see it. EVERYTHING in nature aborts. Just look at a Citrus tree or a grape arbor to see this, everything loses a certain amount of their "potential" progeny.



from Alter-Net:
Quote:

The necessary conditions for a thriving child who grows into a thriving adult are so complex that any couple who wants to give their kids the best shot in life must also weigh factors that can be assessed only by the conscious mind. Human children need two decades of persistent loving nurture—seasons and years of attentive care, play and instruction. Raising a human child requires not only a woman’s body but also psyche and skill and parenting partnership and community support.
Prospective human parents often have a pretty accurate sense of their own limits. They can—at least sometimes, at least partly—look to the future and forecast that crucial resources will be in short supply. And they want to live deeply and well, and they want the same for their children. For the sake of prudence or aspiration or loyalty or responsibility or love, they may choose consciously to postpone or terminate a pregnancy.



Most women who choose abortion are already mothers and know quite well what kind of time and attention a child needs and deserves. Women cite emotional and financial resource scarcity as common reasons for choosing abortion. When they choose abortion, they are choosing to invest in their own future or the children they already have.
Foresight and Prudence
No decision process is perfect, but the wisdom of women or couples in choosing therapeutic abortion in many ways complements the body’s own wisdom in choosing spontaneous abortion. A Swedish study in the 1960s found that children born to mothers who sought and were denied abortions were more likely to grow up under adverse conditions and to engage in criminal behavior. In 2001, American economists Steven Levitt and John Donohue analyzed post-Roe data and reported that legalized abortion in the U.S. measurably reduced the crime rate as the next generation came of age. Levitt and Donohue’s findings were fiercely disputed and reanalyzed, and errors were caught, but the effect remained significant, which coincides with similar studies conducted in Canada and Australia.
More recently, researchers at the University of California (UCSF, Bixby Center) found that “turnaways,” meaning women denied abortions, were more likely to be in poverty two years later, compared to their peers who got the abortion services they sought. In other words, they had reason for wanting to wait or limit their family size. The state overruled them at a cost that will be borne foremost by the women themselves, and their children and partners, but also—if social scientists are right—by their communities and society at large.
https://www.alternet.org/2016/05/orc...rtion-and-you/

Last edited by leomoon; 05-04-2020 at 04:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to leomoon For This Useful Post:
Opal (05-04-2020)
  #433  
Unread 05-04-2020, 04:54 PM
Opal's Avatar
Opal Opal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,794
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
The aggresiveness in your statements, just reveals the weakness of your argument mate. Go take a nap and let the adults talk.

Mate?

Are you the person that asked why I don't commit suicide? Nothing to discuss with you. Really. Bye
Reply With Quote
  #434  
Unread 05-04-2020, 04:58 PM
Opal's Avatar
Opal Opal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,794
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomoon View Post
Women are more then just incubators. They cannot be FORCED to be an incubator although many would try to force.

Selfishness is rampant everywhere.



Not everyone who aborts a fetus is selfish either, so best not to judge the other.



As for a fetus? Not all of us believe that it is a full fledged soul who inhabits the fetus , but perhaps the souls vie for that particular body, until it is no more, then it goes elsewhere to become viable. Anyway, that's how I see it. EVERYTHING in nature aborts. Just look at a Citrus tree or a grape arbor to see this, everything loses a certain amount of their "potential" progeny.



from Alter-Net:

https://www.alternet.org/2016/05/orc...rtion-and-you/
It is sad, that people think they can make choices that are between a person and their God. It is not a thing that should be a subject for discussion. Aggressive people choose to try to dominate others. I guess it will be between them and their's in the end.
Reply With Quote
  #435  
Unread 05-04-2020, 05:02 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,649
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Dirius stop being rude. Can you not have a debate without being rude? They should stop you on here but they pick and choose who they want to tell off.

You should become a barrister if youíre not already. Your communication is like you are in court but without the judge! Whereís the moderators.

Whatís with the need to win and prove a point?

Calm down mate.Have a sip of water. Breathe
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hkk For This Useful Post:
leomoon (05-04-2020), Opal (05-04-2020)
  #436  
Unread 05-04-2020, 05:03 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,072
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
Mate?

Are you the person that asked why I don't commit suicide? Nothing to discuss with you. Really. Bye
Just seems ironic. You think the world is full and some new people don't have a right to be here and should be aborted.

Then why are you still here? you consider yourself important enough that you have a right to occupy the space?


Rules for thee but not for you correct?


__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
  #437  
Unread 05-04-2020, 05:05 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,072
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
Dirius stop being rude. Can you not have a debate without being rude? They should stop you on here but they pick and choose who they want to tell off.

You should become a barrister if youíre not already. Your communication is like you are in court but without the judge! Whereís the moderators.

Whatís with the need to win and prove a point?

Calm down mate.Have a sip of water. Breathe
How am I being rude exactly?

Just because you don't like what I say doesn't mean its rude.

Either way I don't care.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
  #438  
Unread 05-04-2020, 05:05 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,649
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Stop it Dirius.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hkk For This Useful Post:
Opal (05-04-2020)
  #439  
Unread 05-04-2020, 05:06 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,649
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

This thread is about what we are learning from Covid. We need to talk about the compassion side of our learns etc not make ppl feel like ****.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hkk For This Useful Post:
Opal (05-04-2020)
  #440  
Unread 05-04-2020, 05:07 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,072
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
Stop it Dirius.
Na its fun to see all the vegans loose their mind.

If you find my posts to break any rule please go ahead and report them. Or at least explain why they are "rude".
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
  #441  
Unread 05-04-2020, 05:09 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,072
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
This thread is about what we are learning from Covid. We need to talk about the compassion side of our learns etc not make ppl feel like ****.
I'm sorry.

Are you saying that pointing out the contradictions in other person's belief system, such as being pro abortion but protecting baby cows, is making them feel bad?

__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
  #442  
Unread 05-04-2020, 05:13 PM
Opal's Avatar
Opal Opal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,794
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

That thing are happening politically in a minority government that could never happen if Covid did not happen.
Reply With Quote
  #443  
Unread 05-04-2020, 05:15 PM
Opal's Avatar
Opal Opal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,794
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
I'm sorry.

Are you saying that pointing out the contradictions in other person's belief system, such as being pro abortion but protecting baby cows, is making them feel bad?

I am not a vegetarian. I work on a lot of ranches.
Reply With Quote
  #444  
Unread 05-04-2020, 05:19 PM
Opal's Avatar
Opal Opal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,794
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
That thing are happening politically in a minority government that could never happen if Covid did not happen.
What's happening behind the scenes in your country?
Reply With Quote
  #445  
Unread 05-04-2020, 05:22 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,072
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
I am not a vegetarian. I work on a lot of ranches.
Good for you.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
  #446  
Unread 05-04-2020, 05:42 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
Na its fun to see all the vegans loose their mind.

If you find my posts to break any rule please go ahead and report them. Or at least explain why they are "rude".
Thereís ways to go about things and thereís also a way in which to talk to people even through words.

Loneliness can cause ppl to want attention. You donít need to seek it dear Dirius. Just calm down. We are here for you. The Astro community 😊

You ainít gonna change the world on here sweetheart. Nowt will do that. Chill
Reply With Quote
  #447  
Unread 05-04-2020, 05:44 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
I'm sorry.

Are you saying that pointing out the contradictions in other person's belief system, such as being pro abortion but protecting baby cows, is making them feel bad?

Letís do some breathing exercises. Count to 10

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 and breathe
Now hold for 20 minutes
🤩
Reply With Quote
  #448  
Unread 05-04-2020, 05:59 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,072
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
Thereís ways to go about things and thereís also a way in which to talk to people even through words.

Loneliness can cause ppl to want attention. You donít need to seek it dear Dirius. Just calm down. We are here for you. The Astro community 😊

You ainít gonna change the world on here sweetheart. Nowt will do that. Chill

I'm not trying to change the world. In fact my position would be for the world to be relatively left as it is, in regards to food at least.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
  #449  
Unread 05-04-2020, 07:33 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 22,994
Smile Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
I'm not trying to change the world. In fact my position would be for the world to be relatively left as it is, in regards to food at least.
In your world, a hen's egg is a chicken and an acorn is an oak tree!

And, instead of giving someone special a bouquet of flowers, a packet of flower seeds will do, since for you, a seed=a flower!

Last edited by david starling; 05-04-2020 at 11:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
aquarius7000 (05-05-2020)
  #450  
Unread 05-05-2020, 02:58 AM
petosiris petosiris is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 4,270
Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
In your world, a hen's egg is a chicken and an acorn is an oak tree!

And, instead of giving someone special a bouquet of flowers, a packet of flower seeds will do, since for you, a seed=a flower!
Why don't observant vegetarian Hindus eat eggs?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.