What is the best career or type of business for Pisces MC and Aquarius North Node?

Marasca_Cherry

Hi there,

I’ve been having issues finding financial success? My previous avenues like nursing felt like there were too many obstacles thrown my way constantly, and I would even be bullied in the workplace. It felt like the path of most resistance. I’m trying to figure out what my dharma is? I know life isn’t easy but I don’t know that whole experience seemed excessive, like the universe was conspiring for me to move on from nursing. But now I’m not doing anything and the little start up businesses I try don’t lead me anywhere. Or gain any momentum. I hate feeling lost and I always end up back here.

Marasca_Cherry

See attached my chart.

Attachments

• 0001.jpg
    0001.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 29

Osamenor

Staff member
Are you still certified as a nurse? Could you build on that experience?

Ultimately, I think you're to end up a healer, a teacher, or both. In what way, I'm not sure, but I would guess an alternative way. Modern MC ruler Neptune with Uranus suggests out of the box, spiritual, something along those lines. But since you have Saturn in that lineup too, it's no accident that you started with a career in conventional medicine. If you still have nursing certification, that could help legitimate something you do that's more off the beaten path. A couple of examples in people I know: a therapist who added hypnotherapy and reiki to her practice; an herbalist who is also a nurse.

With traditional MC ruler Jupiter in Cancer, and that being your rising sign, too, you've got a healer message. Especially with that Jupiter/Chiron conjunction. I think ultimately, what you give the world will come out of your own being and your own healing experiences, whatever they are.

That may not mean anything in practical terms if you're talking about what to do right now. But since you asked what your dharma is, I think that's an important question to address.

Pisces MC is often associated with multiple careers. And with just drifting into something, so eventually you'll say, well, I guess I had a career in ____. In that light, there really isn't a best career for Pisces MC people. It's whatever you intuitively swim into.

As far as starting a business goes, anything you're interested in could work with your chart. The questions are the practical ones: do you have a solid business plan? Enough seed money? Enough knowledge of the market and experience in the field to make it work? Are you advertising in a way that reaches the right people? Charging the right amount of money to support your business and get customers who are willing and able to pay it?

Trying to make a go of it during a worldwide economic collapse is a whole other wrinkle. You could have a fine business plan for normal economic conditions and not have it work under current conditions. And, even under normal economic conditions, the fact remains that the majority of new businesses fail within five years. Small businesses aren't necessarily hard to start, but they're prohibitively difficult to sustain.

If you've tried to run these businesses all on your own, that might be another factor in their failure. People who start businesses bring the qualities found in their birth charts to those businesses. Your chart works well in some ways for being an entrepreneur: lots of cardinal energy (cardinal signs are the ones that start things), lots of earth, allowing for practicality and grounding, plenty of water and a dose of air to facilitate making connections. But you don't have any fire. It takes fire energy to spark an idea into action.

That doesn't mean you can't ever be a business owner, but it would probably work best if you partnered with someone who brings the fire element to it. If they're strong on fire but weak on earth or water, it could be a match made in heaven: they would need your strong elements as much as you need theirs.

Marasca_Cherry

Hi Osamenor, I remember your username! I used to come here a lot. Thank you for your response. I still have my LPN license, I quit nursing just a few months ago and I had been doing it for the past 7 years including my 2 year program. I feel like I really don't fit in with the nursing culture. I find it too restrictive and chaotic at the same time. I feel I am caring but the nursing profession is kind of saturian in nature, you would think it's more cancerian but it's really not, it's very strict, people, colleagues, and managers are kind of ruthless in ways that I found unnecessary. I know not all nursing jobs are like this but I seemed to keep finding ones with this type of culture which is why I think the universe wants me to move on. The negative attitudes got to me and I kind of just want to work alone from now forward.

I know I'm a naturally good teacher, when I would train staff I would always be very thorough but with nursing there was a high turnover so the same people I put all that energy into would leave because they couldn't handle it and I would have to start over and it burned me out. I'm honestly kind of scared of people at this point, I feel so used and taken advantage of, I think I'm so burnt out right now and have so many bad experiences that I'm stuck. I've had a few months to recover and I have been trying a million ways to "make money online" but it hasn't worked out. I am just confused what the universe wants me to do at this point.

Maybe your right about the fire, I tend to give up once I realize I'm not getting sales and move on to another idea. Also outside of astrology I may have inattentive ADHD, I haven't gotten it properly diagnosed yet due to the cost and my previous doctor who brought it up said she wasn't entirely sure because I was so severely depressed that the ADHD might be hidden underneath but the depressive symptoms were more dominant at that time.

Maybe I'm missing that fiery drive to really put myself out there on social media to promote my business. I also think I've been trying kind of generic businesses like jewelry and should look into a spiritual business but some of the spiritual business out there seem kind of scamy, so maybe that's why I have been hesitant. I do need a fiery partner, I think most of my friends don't have a lot of fire energy in their charts either, the ones that do have their own stuff going on to partner with me, my sister has a lot of fire, she's a Leo with Aries rising, but she's kind of mean and bossy lol she is always making me cry even at this age. I don't think I can partner with her. What draws me to entrepreneurship is not having an ******* boss, not feeling undervalued and disrespected, working alone and in my own pace.

I don't know I've been feeling like I have been working against the universe and I kind of just want to work with it for once.

Osamenor

Staff member
Also outside of astrology I may have inattentive ADHD, I haven't gotten it properly diagnosed yet due to the cost and my previous doctor who brought it up said she wasn't entirely sure because I was so severely depressed that the ADHD might be hidden underneath but the depressive symptoms were more dominant at that time.
That's a whole other wrinkle. ADHD (diagnosed or not) is another way of not being in step with what the world asks of you.

Maybe I'm missing that fiery drive to really put myself out there on social media to promote my business.
I don't think lack of fire is the reason. I have a fire dominant chart, and I'm not a good self promoter either. It may be not feeling the vibe with social media.

I also think I've been trying kind of generic businesses like jewelry and should look into a spiritual business but some of the spiritual business out there seem kind of scamy, so maybe that's why I have been hesitant.
They ARE scammy. Spirituality isn't really something that can be monetized.

I do need a fiery partner, I think most of my friends don't have a lot of fire energy in their charts either, the ones that do have their own stuff going on to partner with me, my sister has a lot of fire, she's a Leo with Aries rising, but she's kind of mean and bossy lol she is always making me cry even at this age.
Don't partner with someone who isn't a good partner for you! It's not just about fire energy. I do think that it would help if they have some, so they can balance what you lack, but the real criteria are that you work well together, you see eye to eye, you can agree about the business, and of course that they're nice to you. Someone who is that for you probably has the right birth chart too, even if it's not what I'd guessed.

Marasca_Cherry

Yeah social media is really fake. Spiritual businesses seem all about finding a soulmate and waiting for some kind of twin flame these days. Keeps (mostly) women stuck. There's currently no one in my life who could help me with this business stuff so I guess I just have to keep trying and learning about myself and finding alternative ways to make money since I hate having an ******* boss.

Osamenor

Staff member
From the way you worded your initial post, it's not clear how long you worked at this jewelry selling business, or any other you might have had. Was it just those few months, since you quit nursing? The first few months aren't a good indication. New businesses often take a few years before they turn a profit.

If you're so severely burned out, you might just not have the spoons for running a business right now. Your chart shows a lot of sensitivity and introversion: water rising and moon signs, which are especially sensitive; almost all planets below the horizon; Sun at the IC. There's no way you can go out in the world and do much interacting with people without also taking plenty of time and space to yourself to recharge.

Sun rules your second house of personal finance. Having it at your IC could indicate making money through a home based business. Mars conjunct Sun could add a drive to do it all on your own. And a drive to succeed, but when Sun is ruling the endeavor, it really needs to come from your heart. If it doesn't, there's no way you'll stick with it.

Was this jewelry business something you did from the heart? Or just a case of "well, I guess I'll sell jewelry because I can't think of anything else to do"?

Did you make the jewelry you marketed? Virgo suggests that: something crafty. The Leo/Virgo combination could be about turning a hobby into a money maker.

If you were doing all that, then you had the right idea, but may not have been in the right space to turn it into a business at this time. Or perhaps just didn't stick with it long enough to see success.

Marasca_Cherry

I was only doing the jewelry business for a few months and the only reason I did it because the product is lightweight and would be easier and cheaper to ship.

I don't really have any crafty skill that I've nurtured.

A part of me still wants to make money the traditional way, I apply to jobs here and there and have interviews. I do not know where my heart is right now.It's nowhere.

You are right about me not wanting to be outside in the world. Every job I've had ever has been public facing. I'm tired. People are usually ok, but a lot of the time they can be bullies, especially to me. I'm the type of person if even I stand up for myself, I either come off as unhinged or people laugh and mock.

I found a lot of people at work and previously when I was in school, friends, family, they all want to tear me down and criticize me. To the point I'm actually scared of people and spend most of my time alone especially the past few months, not just because of COVID but because people literally terrify me at this point. Their personalities and attitudes, its like they want to destroy me or something. I can't even date, I haven't been serious about anyone for many years, all I see is users and abusers.

Osamenor

Staff member
There's a lot more going on here than just a bit of discussion board astrology can cover, but on the employment note, would a fully remote job you can do from home be okay? Doesn't necessarily come with no boss, but interpersonal interactions could be very minimal. Even something like data entry would at least fit the Virgo picture.

I don't think that's where you'll want to stay forever - I can see you fulfilling that healer/teacher message out in the world on your own terms - but as a way to make money in the short term.

Crafts are only one possible version of Virgo. It was the first thing that came to mind for me, but it's not the only way the Virgo in you could be fulfilled. Any working of a process that you develop skill at would do. Although if you are going to have a business selling something, it would make the most sense if it's something you make.

Marasca_Cherry

There's a lot more going on here than just a bit of discussion board astrology can cover, but on the employment note, would a fully remote job you can do from home be okay? Doesn't necessarily come with no boss, but interpersonal interactions could be very minimal. Even something like data entry would at least fit the Virgo picture.

I don't think that's where you'll want to stay forever - I can see you fulfilling that healer/teacher message out in the world on your own terms - but as a way to make money in the short term.

Crafts are only one possible version of Virgo. It was the first thing that came to mind for me, but it's not the only way the Virgo in you could be fulfilled. Any working of a process that you develop skill at would do. Although if you are going to have a business selling something, it would make the most sense if it's something you make.

I know, I am actually creative, I’ve just been chasing this nursing thing and never really nurtured my creative abilities very long since I have a short attention span, my confusion is what would I even make for people?

I’m applying to jobs for short term income I have nothing coming in, I will look into data entry I think that’s a good idea for me right now.

Osamenor

Staff member
Are there any upcoming transits that will help?

A quick glance at the current transits looks like some renewal for you going on right now, and a call to remember who you are. Which may be what drove you to post this thread. You didn't just ask how you could make money, although that's certainly a concern, you also asked the big picture question: what am I meant to be?

You just had a Mars return, and your Venus return is coming in the next couple days. New Mars and Venus cycles give you something of a fresh start. And, of course, you're about to have your solar return; those transits are always significant. Having all of those returns could feel like renewal, homecoming, a boost to your energy.

But since you've been so depleted, it might be that what you need to do with that energy is rest. Or turn to something that you just want to, and let the creative juices flow.

Jupiter is transiting your north node right now. That could be another "remember who you are, remember where you're going" transit. That also inflates Jupiter's presence in your life: whatever touches or is touched by the north node shows up stronger. Since Jupiter rules your sixth house and your MC, that highlights the job and career questions for you. And it might bring some help: a new opportunity showing up, a person coming along who presents you with one, something like that.

Osamenor

Staff member
I know, I am actually creative, I’ve just been chasing this nursing thing and never really nurtured my creative abilities very long since I have a short attention span, my confusion is what would I even make for people?

Do you want to make something for people?

You might not, necessarily. If you are drawn to making something, just because you like to, it might be something you could also make for others. If you're not drawn to making something, then Virgo isn't showing up for you in that particular way.

But in that case, it probably doesn't make sense for you to start a business selling something. Between your chart and everything you're saying, it doesn't sound like marketing something others make is much of a draw for you. If you made something that you wanted to sell, maybe you would see the marketing part as just one of those chores you had to do, but the real spark would be in making it.

Marasca_Cherry

A quick glance at the current transits looks like some renewal for you going on right now, and a call to remember who you are. Which may be what drove you to post this thread. You didn't just ask how you could make money, although that's certainly a concern, you also asked the big picture question: what am I meant to be?

You just had a Mars return, and your Venus return is coming in the next couple days. New Mars and Venus cycles give you something of a fresh start. And, of course, you're about to have your solar return; those transits are always significant. Having all of those returns could feel like renewal, homecoming, a boost to your energy.

But since you've been so depleted, it might be that what you need to do with that energy is rest. Or turn to something that you just want to, and let the creative juices flow.

Jupiter is transiting your north node right now. That could be another "remember who you are, remember where you're going" transit. That also inflates Jupiter's presence in your life: whatever touches or is touched by the north node shows up stronger. Since Jupiter rules your sixth house and your MC, that highlights the job and career questions for you. And it might bring some help: a new opportunity showing up, a person coming along who presents you with one, something like that.

This is so accurate, before reading this I was looking at old pictures of myself from my early 20s. I have been intensely worried about my career and my next steps the past few months because I abruptly quit my job due to stress with no backup. But I felt like I had to due to my severe depression. I have been seeking help from others as much as possible but have found no one can help me psychologically, even professionals. They just don't get it. I hope help comes to me soon. It's not like I haven't been trying on my own. I have been trying very hard.

Osamenor

Staff member
I just opened my email and saw this header in an astrology newsletter I'm subscribed to: "Mars Opposite Neptune: Confusion, Overwhelm, and Tiredness."

Says it all, doesn't it? I'm feeling that vibe myself, and I don't even have any placements in the line of fire.

That's transiting Mars and transiting Neptune currently being in opposition, but you're also having your natal Mars opposed by Neptune, and that's one of those long transits. Neptune to Mars could be a depletion of vitality. In this case, it seems to reflect your burnout. You may be feeling it extra keenly this week because of your Mars return coming into that aspect.