The Saturn/uranus opposition 2008

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
I have posted an article on this topic on the Education Board.
For those who wish to engage in a discussion of either the article or how the transit will impact on individual charts etc,this is the place.I will also post a link to here from the Education Board.
Cheers, Lillyjgc

cassanra

I had not realized that 1988 was the beginning of this cycle and that is interesting as that is the year I began working in my field and got my first professional job. I am still working in this field.It was also a time of great turbulence for me relational wise. Uranus and saturn were transiting my MC. Saturn first than uranus. My first year 1988 I had a job traveling and then had an accident on the job and a few months later was offered a promotion which ended my travel but at the beginning of that cycle broke up with pretty significant relationship which was devastating to me.
I have been watching Uranus transits closely as I have learned that they do impact my life in most disturbing ways.
Currently Uranus is transiting my 12house and forming a square to my sun, sixth house house ruler in the third (Gemini 22'28 degrees) and will oppose my moon , my fifth house ruler in the sixth house (virgo 22'58) I have been trying to anticipate what might happen but it has been tough...it is like looking into a dark glass. I can say what is happening right now in my life but can not see beyond this. I am assuming it is the beginning of the trail, clues? anyone?
third house suggests environment or brothers and sisters (I have moved in the last impacts of uranus). I am not planning on moving at all so it would definitely come as a surprise. Since health is indicated twice and we are dealing with the moon (rluer of womens heart) I have been going to the doctor. I had a period, which seems to have calmed down, of an erratic heart beat but tests (and fairly intensive ones) do not seem to demonstrate much. Uranus in the 12house indicates hospitals? secret enemies, secrets? I began work in the last year or so working with a rehab. hospital...I am a rehab. counselor so I am just in and out of there but it was a significant deviation for me and came up unexpectedly. I see that Saturn is closing in on the moon and have noticed my mood is feeling more and more isolated...as if I have no one and nobody cares about me...it feels quite real....just a fact of our own isolation in this world...but it is also a product of rasining two kids with little assist and right now being financially in a really bad spot. That is the other strange thing....finances have always been okay but in the last 3 or 4 month they have taken a quite unexpected turn as my ex-left his job of 8 years and has been taken up trucking (which curiously he started to do 13 years ago and quit) and child support has been 'erratic" thus my environment has felt that impact as the children (fifth house) . I am not sure what I can expect there....
my personal relationships have also taken a most unexpected turn and I am not sure what to think about that...I do not see a 7th house impact but maybe it is someother aspect to it...the relatioship again 10-12 years about the time when Uranus was trining my natal moon and inconjunct the sun and neptune was trining my moon.
So far it has not been a walk in the park and if anyone can take a gander as to what to expect? it would be helpful...more of the same? Right now I see that uranus is on its way to go stationairy next month and will take its last approach to my sun moon square...maybe things will settle in to place on this roller coaster ride I have been on for the last year or so. It looks like it retros again in 2009 but not like it has lately....

Attachments

• astro_24gw_01_cass_200892.43598.9653.gif
    astro_24gw_01_cass_200892.43598.9653.gif
    36.6 KB · Views: 28

lillyjgc

Thanks Cassandra, for getting the ball rolling!
For me, this transit occurs right on my moon/Mc and IC axis...(work and Home...Mother/Father, etc)...Like you say, it's not a walk in the park!.
(included link to Article)
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12523

I also checked out Natural Disasters that occurred in 1965...Hurricane Betsy In Florida,
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-1965-hurricane,0,7628971.story

Floods in Denver
http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/millennium/1214mile.shtml

Between august and December 1965 some 565,000 earthquakes were recorded near Tokyo, Japan, over 59,000 of them able to be felt.
http://books.google.com.au/books?id=kSL-Db3IlVcC&pg=PA27&lpg=PA27&dq=natural+disasters+in+1965&source=web&ots=e5iByxBjGz&sig=EqV-0c7srynhyofBEmYzSTqAkMs&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=4&ct=result

A famine in India in 1965 killed over one and a half million people.
An earthquake 8.7 on Richter scale occurred off the Alaskan Coast, and Australia experienced a severe and prolonged drought that year.
a military coup occurred in Indonesia.

Cheers, lillyjgc

Last edited:

EJ53

Banned
Hi Lilly,

Excellent article, and one I expect to refer to a lot between now and 2010 - particularly as I have a Uranus/Jupiter opposition at the same degree of the 1988 Saturn/Uranus conjunction (albeit Gemini/Capricorn).

The 1965 comments especially interested me - as it was the year in which Ali defeated Liston for the second time, changing the sport of boxing forever. In the end though, boxing suffered from this Uranian "breath of fresh air" (represented by the young Ali). It led to an era of opponents "throwing themselves on the canvas" before a punch was thrown - collecting massive purses for doing nothing other than bringing the sport into disrepute. So, whilst Ali was undoubtably a "Hero of mythical proportions", those who followed him were unable to live up to his ideals - and the sport deteriorated as a result.

And, it seems to me that this also happened with the music revolution that spawned "Heroes" like the Beatles/Rolling Stones only to produce an industry that is now a mere parody of it's origins. Now "pop-idol" fame/fortune is the ultimate goal rather than freedom of expression.

So, I guess the message here is "will those who take up the mantle of these Saturn/Uranus revolutionary changes use or abuse them". And only time will tell us that.

Cassandra

Natal Jupiter is likely to be a factor in these transits, with Neptune adding an Aquarius/11th house energy input to the natal Sun/Moon/Jupiter triangle.

EJ:)

ALST123

Hi,

astro_24gw_05_me_200810248070613651.gif

Saturn is currently transiting my h8 (other people's money) fairly near to Pluto, although in a different sign. Uranus is therefore transiting my h2 (self-worth/possessions). and is retrograde.

I am trying to sort out lots of money issues, i.e. my Dad's probate which is taking a long time and closing his business. I have also been on the financial stage of my divorce for a long time. These things are kinda weighing me down.

Thanks,
Ax.

ALST123

Oh, and it's interesting you say that these transits started in 1998. That's the year I got married.

gotmarried.gif

This chart (above) shows transits against my natal planets on the day I got married in 1998. (Interesting that transiting Mars and Venus are conj in my h7 btw.).

In this chart, Uranus is conj Jupiter in my h1. I'm not sure what that means. A shake-up in my family? Or in the way I view myself?

Transiting Saturn is conj my IC, in h3. Communications/short distance travel were upset that day (may guests were stuck in traffic jams). I also felt tired, as though I had a heavy weight pulling me down all day.

Thanks,
Ax.

cassanra

It looks like in your first chart the impact is on your moon in the 12th ruler of your 7th house. Saturn and Uranus are squaring it. Domestic unrest? secrets? hidden enemies? There are several inconjuncts forming also....to your mars from saturn and Uranus to Uranus and it appears you will be blessed with Jupiter to Venus soon.your 9th house ruler...travel? legal issues....The conjunction of urnaus and saturn began in 1988 and begins a cycle. Your marriage in 1998 is around the time of a saturn/uranus square. The conjunction of saturn/urnaus would have occured right around your ascendant. You would have been about 15 and it may have been memorable as it would have affected your outlook and expression. It looks like it would have squred your natal pluto too ruler of your 10th house...maybe more to do with your family...a move? a death in the family? an accident?

cassanra

EJ,
thanks for your observation...I keep forgetting jupiter...I am not sure what it will translate as accept help from my father:) who has been gracious (sad to say at my age) jupiter is in the 8th. It rules the 9th so I am looking around for I am not sure what:) Maybe the gods will be gracious. I am fighting against a ridiculous optimism so maybe that is neptune:) Funny to say fighting against it, I know, but it is like mysome part of me is the "smiling Buddha" in the face of grim reality.

EJ53

Banned
cassanra said:
...I am not sure what (Jupiter) will translate as....

For information, Martin Schulman says of retrograde natal Jupiter in Scorpio/8th :-

"....the person is aware that what she has convinced herself of as the truth is not her complete truth at all.......the depths to which she goes are usually reached alone and misunderstood by others.....she has a highly developed sense of other people's values....tries to give when she should be receiving...likes to reform others.....(and)....occasionally judges them because they do not meet her expectation...."

So, how might that affect the conscious/subconscious everday communications signified by Sun/Moon in the natal chart - and how might transitting Neptune confuse or improve things?

EJ:)

cassanra

Wow...thanks...that about sums me up accept I will have to think about it some more:) That actually kind of shook me up!
Neptune is squaring jupiter, uranus (the unexpected) is trining it, and Saturn is or will be forming a sextile.
In the last year I have had to pull back because I have been giving too much and I say that daily to myself and more recently in relationships...I see it clearly and through events.Hmmmm food for thought

BobZemco

lillyjgc said:
I also checked out Natural Disasters that occurred in 1965...Hurricane Betsy In Florida,

Floods in Denver

Between august and December 1965 some 565,000 earthquakes were recorded near Tokyo, Japan, over 59,000 of them able to be felt.

A famine in India in 1965 killed over one and a half million people.
An earthquake 8.7 on Richter scale occurred off the Alaskan Coast, and Australia experienced a severe and prolonged drought that year.
a military coup occurred in Indonesia.

From that, you draw the conclusion that everytime there are two birds in a bush there will be an earthquake, a tornado, a fire, a flood and a fatality traffic accident.

What you didn't see was the Unicorn on the other side of the bush munching on some yummy clovers, and that's what caused those events to occur, not the two birds in the bush.

Okay, so there was a famine in India. Well, no kidding.

On December 18, 1964, a Total Lunar Eclipse occured in Gemini. Eclipses in Air Signs produce famines.

Um, gosh, by golly, that Total Lunar Eclipes was at 27 Gemini and conjunct India's 2nd House cusp governing banking, farming, trade, commerce and revenues.

And the Great Alaska Earthquake of 1964 (not 1965)? Oh, yeah, there was Solar Eclipse conjunct the nadir right on top of Anchorage 90 days earlier, and I shouldn't forget Mars conjuncted Saturn just 30 days prior, that was also conjunct the nadir.

I don't have time to do the rest of them, but everyone should get the idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

lillyjgc

Re: Bob's Comments

Dear Bob Zemco,
Re
<From that, you then draw the erroneous conclusion that everytime there are two birds in a bush there will be an earthquake, a tornado, a fire, a flood and a fatality traffic accident.>

This discussion was not intended to be predictive astrology. I have merely pointed out *what happened* during previous opposition of Sat/Uranus when it was on the virgo/pisces axis. I'm not *predicting* anything here, or making assumptions based on the past.In fact, 1965 saw a reduction in total number of *disasters*, which surprised me a little.
I dont find your comments interesting, or helpful.
Lillyjgc

Last edited by a moderator:

aquarius7000

Common sense rules of this forum!

I'm sorry, but this is like really bad astrology.

To all,

Please refrain from commenting on 'co-members' astrological capabilities, especially, if you haven't got anything pleasant to say. NOBODY on this forum is authority over this vast field, and everybody is being requested politely this time by the moderators to give their own astrological interpretations ONLY in keeping with the questions asked by co-members; and, most certainly, passing any judgements over how good/bad any co-member's astrological skills are, is NOT going to be one of those questions. I have mentioned the above in the past, too, so please abide by it.

For those of us here who are *still* not aware of the rules of this forum, it is high time that they are read through, *imbibed and followed*. In the light of the above, the most relevant rules are being stated below.

Thank you for your co-operation!
Aquarius7000

The main and foremost rule to abide to before posting is to stick to astrology.

The administrator and moderators of Astrologers' Community reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post which fails to abide the forum rules. Moderators' means to get users to comply with these common sense rules include friendly communication, warnings, and eventually banning in case of repeated or extreme unwanted behavior.

Personal attacks are not permitted.., nor is defending one’s position or fighting back; such situations have only lead in the past to flame wars, stirring turbulent emotions within the community; any personal issues are to be solved by private communication. Whenever such attacks appear in public, the moderators must be notified at once by any user in order to take measures.

BobZemco

lillyjgc said:
I have merely pointed out *what happened* during previous opposition of Sat/Uranus when it was on the virgo/pisces axis.
You're completely missing the point. Those events did not happen during the previous Saturn/Uranus opposition. The orb is 1° not 30° so it only lasts a few to several weeks.

The events you listed occured independent of the Saturn/Uranus opposition, and they would have occurred even if Saturn and Uranus did not exist.

In my opinion, it is irresponsible to mention a planetary aspect like a Saturn/Uranus opposition and then provide a nonsensical laundry list of events which are totally unassociated with a Saturn/Uranus opposition. It smacks of sensationalism and fear-mongering, and it results in the Art of Astrology being debased and denigrated by nay-sayers.

It is my hope that Astrology would be taken seriously and treated more like a science, but that isn't going to happen so long as people keep falsely sensationalizing events derived from baseless observations.

lillyjgc said:
I'm not *predicting* anything here, or making assumptions based on the past.In fact, 1965 saw a reduction in total number of *disasters*, which surprised me a little.
Then why even mention it, unless the intent is to frighten and strike fear.

The US invaded Iraq when Saturn and Venus were trine, so why aren't people in a tizzy over that? Maybe because Saturn trine Venus doesn't sound as scary as Saturn opposition Uranus

It's bad enough that people come to this forum scared senseless by certain aspects or transits for absolutely no reason at all. I don't see any need to fuel people's irrational and unfounded fears.

lillyjgc said:
I dont find your comments interesting, or helpful.
My comments were intended to allay the fears of others by showing that the Saturn/Uranus oppositon was not responsible for the events you listed.

If you believe they are, then present the data in detail so that it can be properly examined.

lillyjgc

Bob,
Are you referring to the article I wrote on the Education Board on the subject of the forthcoming set of five Sat/Uranus oppositions that will occur between now and 2010?...Or are you referring to the content of a few links I posted on this thread,*for those who are interested *?

I'm not here to either generate, or allay *fears*.I dont see that as my role.
I am merely providing information.
If you have specific issues to raise *from* the article, this is the place to raise them, but, please quote and be specific, so everyone will know to what you are referring.

As far as *You are missing the point*, I beg to differ. Surely you are aware of the retrograde motion of both Saturn and Uranus, and how this can keep them in a holding pattern on this occasion, til midway through 2010.

I suggest you go read the Article on the Education Board that relates to this, and also Theo's excellent thread,
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11406

Anything I wrote on here was just a few extra thoughts that I didn't include in the more formal piece I wrote on the subject for this forum..And my intention was to encourage members to share their experiences of this transit. You are welcome to participate in a discussion about that if you wish, but I don't appreciate your attempts to derail this thread.
Lillyjgc

Last edited:

lillyjgc

Hi GemSagrising!
Yep! It sure would. Look at those oppositions from your first house to your seventh! The current transiting sat/ur opposition will fall across your third /ninth axis too- and mercury's there in the seventh, so conflicts could intensify over the period of the transit.
Having Ur/Sat so closely conjunct right on your ascendant could indicate an inner conflict that is expressed through the seventh, others.There's no doubt those oppositions could cause a lot of sudden destabilising upheaval in your life.Has that happened?
Cheers,
Lillyjgc

aquarius7000

There's no doubt those oppositions could cause a lot of sudden destabilising upheaval in your life.
Oh yeah, I'm wondering what I'm in for with that tr-Sat on the cusp of my 1st-2nd houses and tr-Ura on the cusp of 7th-8th. I know that I've been spending more than usual off late, whereas with Sat on the doorstep of the 2nd, I should actually be doing the opposite and keeping my dough together.

:Daquarius7000

lillyjgc

Aquarius7000,
If you have helpful aspects at either end of that Sat/Ur opposition, you might fare quite well. I still don't know whether or not Uranus is a malefic planet. I'm tempted to see Uranus more as a neutral planet, being a catalyst for sudden and transformative events, (upsetting the apple cart), but change is not necessarily a negative thing. (Those with strong Uranus placements take a different view of Uranus.;) ). Let's say, (worst case scenario), you have these two planets forming T-squares to natal planets...that will involve at least four houses-rather disruptive. However, helpful sextiles or trines made to natal planets by the opposing pair could see sudden improvements that involve change...

House 2 involves not only money, of course, but how we value ourselves and how we value others, when you look at the H8 end of the opposition.Maybe this part of your life could change radically.
I personally suspect that this opposition may play out in both positive and negative ways.(a very sun-Libran view :) ).
The more we resist change, in the area of our life/chart where this energy most impacts, the more taxing this transit will be (no pun intended, h8 also dealing with taxes :) ). Should we find ourselves *dispossessed* in some way, under this transit, we may, as a result, have to realign our value system- weed out what's not as important as we thought. (It' s amazing how we have so much more *stuff* than we need/can use.).If this transits leaves you with more space, both emotionally and physically, it could transform your life in a wonderful way, illuminating where your true nourishment lies.
Keep us posted!
Cheers,
Lillyjgc