Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Astrology and Psychology

Astrology and Psychology For interesting discussions on psychological meanings and deeper implications in natal charts between members passionated by both psychology and astrology.

Unread 04-26-2014, 08:28 PM

Saturn Return (Saturn in 12th) & Uranus conj IC

Hello,

I haven't posted in a while and appreciate any answers that I can get on this post. I have been going through quite a tough year, and wondered whether it had to do with my Saturn return, Uranus conj my IC, or something else in my chart.

During last year my adopted mother passed away, as did my grandmother. Both women were very influential in my life, and it was so devastating to lose them, though it was not sudden as they had both been ill for a few months prior.
Last year I also entered into a very tough job, and have been having a roller-coaster ride with it all year. I passed my first phase of training for the job (of which there are 4 phases) and was injured during my second phase. I had the chance to do the second phase again and was injured again. I was at the brink of losing my job. I won't go into the details, but it seemed as if in the beginning it was meant to be, and now I am not so certain. However, the prospect of not having a job and being in limbo are so consuming that I am willing to stay and "persevere".

It has been a year of deep family and career trials and I am thinking it is definitely not over as yet. My Saturn return is coming up soon, though transiting Saturn is not yet conj to natal Saturn. My natal Saturn is in 12H and I am a bit scared of what this will mean.

Though I should add that I started noticing family grief since Uranus was in close conj to my IC in Aries.

I have attached my chart; please give any advice or information you can get from what is there (I have included transits).

Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vannasan 26.04.14.jpg (91.7 KB, 10 views)

Unread 04-26-2014, 09:47 PM

Thumbs up Re: Saturn Return (Saturn in 12th) & Uranus conj IC

For you natal Saturn is not overly challenged, yet sits opposite to Chiron, representing the wounded healer. In this is the theme that through your own suffering, you gain the ability to be a healer for others and show your personal victory over defeat. Since Saturn rules your 1st, this also reinforces a theme of 'personality development' required for your own growth and development. You are heavily influenced by the earthy energies, focusing on the routines and challenges of daily living on a regular basis by nature. During this period, much of the hope and joy of Jupiter has been squelched for you, which can harden you to becoming more pessimistic and miserly towards life. Part of your additional challenge then is about the square between Jupiter and Mars in your chart. In transit of the 12th H, much of the theme is about discharging your karmic challenges through thorough self-analysis and introspection; also getting rid of the blockages from within, in order to transform your external experiences, rather than succumbing to sorrow and grief. The Return period itself can represent a new beginning by hitting the reset button in your life, and for many it can also mean the recognition of achievement for hard work and endurance which has been accompanied by patience. Natal Saturn in Sagittarius shows the need for inspiration, the recreation of joy and optimism, and the transcendence of feelings of persecution or victimization. Often that can only be achieved by following a more spiritual way of living. I would tend to think that the worst may be over for you, and that the next couple of years will be about self-development and recovery. Think about what the Saturn quintile Moon in your chart may yield in terms of gaining greater emotional awareness and control, which could offset the difficulties you have had to face. Your career goals should be more promising for you in the future with your Moon/Jupiter conjunct making a nice trine to your MC. Remember also that the things you do in the moment, are the stepping stones of your future. Best of luck!
vannasan (04-29-2014)
Unread 04-29-2014, 11:58 PM

Re: Saturn Return (Saturn in 12th) & Uranus conj IC

Thank you so much for your reply. I have been looking over your words and advice and it is encouraging especially since I have been considering becoming a counsellor and have been very unsure of myself for this idea. I had thought that the worse was yet to come, but perhaps I shall see what the future holds.
I was also a bit worried about Pluto transiting my 1st. I have had to deal with a lot of 'bruised ego' moments in relation to the way I speak (voice projection and relaying ideas while giving presentations and giving orders) which I believe is Mercury being tested by Pluto; I have also had to deal with quite a bit of outward transformation and perhaps even changing the way I project myself and the way others see me (Asc & Sun issues brought up with Pluto). What you mentioned about becoming more hardened and pessimistic truly hit a nerve with me as it has been true over the last year. I have noticed this within myself and do not like it very much, as I used to be a very open and accepting person. I have also noticed that I have a lot more anger inside - not sure what this could be. Maybe as a result of everything else going on?

Again thank you for taking the time to look at my chart, and for your advice. I had not thought about the natal opposition of Chiron to Saturn, and that is something I will have to look into further.

Vannasan.
Unread 04-30-2014, 08:30 PM

Smile Re: Saturn Return (Saturn in 12th) & Uranus conj IC

Note how all your planets are in the eastern hemisphere, an indication of a life more devoted to self-discovery and finding the answers from within. Still with your Career indicators, all in air energies, and with Libra at the MC, you could do well in the counselling of others. Since Pluto is transiting your 1st House it is all about getting to know yourself well and resurrecting yourself from the difficulties of the past, and thus in turn, can be willing to help others. With Mars separating from Pluto at birth, this is probably where your inner anger comes from; anger is typically a reaction to either frustration, or fear. Once you can move past that and see things from a different perspective, it will help in your career options, by breaking the natal Mars sq Moon/Jupiter and releasing the energies of the Grand Trine which points to your MC.

Tags
12th, conj, return, saturn, uranus