Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.

Unread 11-29-2010, 06:01 AM

Re: Venus conjunct Mars and Attractiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayItAgainSam View Post
Neptune in 1H house gives a hulky figure to the body and putting weight easy if i am not mistaken.

My husband has neptune in his 1H with ASC scorpion.
He is tall and has hulky figure,big bones..whatever ..ohh and of course big feet :-)
Really? I thought if anything would give me weight issues it would be my Jupiter...
I was chubby as a kid, but I eventually grew out of it I think...my indulgent taurus can still catch me by surprise though. what's annoying is how hard I feel I have to work to keep the physique I have...I've been training in MMA since highschool, plus I've been vegan for the past 8 years, both of which requires a great deal of discipline

It was mentioned in other threads though that venus opposition saturn keeps me from being "too" lazy?, and that mars-scorpio combined with saturn gives self discipline?...also moon in virgo is suppose to have a healthy effect I think...
Attached Images
File Type: gif astro-my chart.gif (50.7 KB, 14 views)

Unread 11-29-2010, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayItAgainSam View Post
Neptune in 1H house gives a hulky figure to the body and putting weight easy if i am not mistaken.

My husband has neptune in his 1H with ASC scorpion.
He is tall and has hulky figure,big bones..whatever ..ohh and of course big feet :-)

I think this just applies to males. I have Neptune conjunct my Asc (scorpio) in the 1st and I am female and I am very thin and willowy looking but curvy. People are surprised that I am stronger than I look because of my thinness. I am also short. I have wide hips though - so maybe that is where my big bones are. Small feet for me.

One thing that Neptune conjunct Ascendant in Scorpio will do is add some dreaminess to that Scorpio Rising look. It effects the facial features more than the body I think. If I didn't have that, my eyes would be a lot more eviler looking.
My Extended Natal with Juno, Lilith and Part of Fortune: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...pictureid=3149
Unread 11-29-2010, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire19 View Post
Venus with Uranus can give magnetism and a broad appeal. Charm and a sense of humanity and fairness....may also like to experiment and be a bit unconventional and rather "like them all but love none"
are you referring to a specific aspect, like a venus conjunct uranus? I don't think I have that, do I?
Attached Images
File Type: gif astro-my chart.gif (50.7 KB, 10 views)
Unread 11-29-2010, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren View Post

Really? I thought if anything would give me weight issues it would be my Jupiter...
I was chubby as a kid, but I eventually grew out of it I think...my indulgent taurus can still catch me by surprise though. what's annoying is how hard I feel I have to work to keep the physique I have...I've been training in MMA since highschool, plus I've been vegan for the past 8 years, both of which requires a great deal of discipline

It was mentioned in other threads though that venus opposition saturn keeps me from being "too" lazy?, and that mars-scorpio combined with saturn gives self discipline?...also moon in virgo is suppose to have a healthy effect I think...
Hi Oren,

You don't have an aspect to your Neptune in your 1st so it probably won't affect your appearance in a "Neptunian" way. The Jupiter aspect you have to your asc is neutral so again not much affect. But you do have a Uranus conjunct to your Asc and your Uranus is very close to your ascendant even if it is not in your House 1, so that might effect your overall look if anything.

The Venus/Mars Conjunction isn't about looks. A conjunction between to planets is a harmonious aspect because it means the two planets are in harmony and not opposition (you have a Venus/Mars opposition so you have friction between those two planets). So for people with the conjunction, they might have a aura that radiates the venus (love/relationship) vibe and the mars(sex/action) vibe that goes well together and it is probably strong enough that people notice. The planets don't clash and it is smooth aspect. This may not always work out in ones favor either (it can be irritating to attract the attraction from the wrong people).

But don't be jealous, there are plenty of others aspect that can attrract others. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and so is charm and sexiness. There will be plenty of people who are not attracted to the aura that Venus conjunct Mars gives out. Some may not even notice it.
My Extended Natal with Juno, Lilith and Part of Fortune: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...pictureid=3149
Unread 11-29-2010, 06:38 AM

Quote:
are you referring to a specific aspect, like a venus conjunct uranus? I don't think I have that, do I?

No, you don't have that Oren. You have a neutral aspect with your Venus and Uranus, so won't be too much you will notice.

You want to look at conjunctions, trines and sextiles for more positive aspects.

And Oppositions and Squares and the ones that can cause tension and friction between planets.

See my little chart I made up. The other ones are aspects too but not as much to be concerned about as the other five.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Aspects Symbols.gif (14.5 KB, 12 views)
Unread 11-29-2010, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianastrologer View Post
Actually, Oren, that kind of brings up an interesting point. I've often wondered what signs might make a man be a kind of "beautiful child" or have a beauty that has a feminine side to it - I'm not talking about gay or straight, and I don't know what you look like, but boys who are seen as pretty more than handsome, and if there is a connection between the Sun and Venus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterandlace View Post
Yes I already said my boyfriend is PRETTY looking. He has Sun Conjunct Venus, Moon conjunct Venus, Sun Conjunct Uranus, Sun Conjunct Moon, Sun conjunct Mars, Moon conjunct Mars, Moon conjunct Pluto, Venus conjunct Mars, Venus conjunct Pluto, and Mars conjunct Uranus. I only listed his conjunctions cause he has too many aspects to list (as you can see). He is so PRETTY looking. He is also really in touch with his feminine side. But he still has muscles and everything sexy like a guy. It is so hard to explain.
I wonder the same thing because some females who have approached me in the past have mentioned that they weren't sure of my sexuality right away...
Attached Images
File Type: gif astro-my chart.gif (50.7 KB, 8 views)
Unread 11-29-2010, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenfluff View Post
Hi Oren,

You don't have an aspect to your Neptune in your 1st so it probably won't affect your appearance in a "Neptunian" way. The Jupiter aspect you have to your asc is neutral so again not much affect. But you do have a Uranus conjunct to your Asc and your Uranus is very close to your ascendant even if it is not in your House 1, so that might effect your overall look if anything.

The Venus/Mars Conjunction isn't about looks. A conjunction between to planets is a harmonious aspect because it means the two planets are in harmony and not opposition (you have a Venus/Mars opposition so you have friction between those two planets). So for people with the conjunction, they might have a aura that radiates the venus (love/relationship) vibe and the mars(sex/action) vibe that goes well together and it is probably strong enough that people notice. The planets don't clash and it is smooth aspect. This may not always work out in ones favor either (it can be irritating to attract the attraction from the wrong people).

But don't be jealous, there are plenty of others aspect that can attrract others. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and so is charm and sexiness. There will be plenty of people who are not attracted to the aura that Venus conjunct Mars gives out. Some may not even notice it.
Hey Queen!
I was worried at first because I do obsess a bit about my weight...I'm at least relieved to know I don't have anything to worry about astrologically, lol

Does a venus mars opposition have an opposite effect then of what the conjunction does? What am I projecting?

If what I've read's correct, hard to tell a venus in taurus not to be jealous right? ...I think I tend to get jealous too easily...of anything...
Attached Images
File Type: gif astro-my chart.gif (50.7 KB, 4 views)
Unread 11-29-2010, 07:08 AM

Quote:
No, you don't have that Oren. You have a neutral aspect with your Venus and Uranus, so won't be too much you will notice.

You want to look at conjunctions, trines and sextiles for more positive aspects.

And Oppositions and Squares and the ones that can cause tension and friction between planets.

See my little chart I made up. The other ones are aspects too but not as much to be concerned about as the other five.
nice! I'm saving this
Unread 11-29-2010, 07:20 AM

Quote:
You have a neutral aspect with your Venus and Uranus.
An inconjunction / quincunx is not regarded as a neutral aspect but as an aspect with similar energies to a weak square.

http://www.cafeastrology.com/article...ctaspects.html

Quote:
Some keywords that describe quincunxes are: redirecting, challenging, requiring adjustments, diverting.
Quote:
The planets and points involved in a quincunx don't understand each other.
and

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/aspect.html

Quote:
In classical astrology, planets that are 150 degrees (or 5 signs) apart were not considered to be linked by aspect and were termed inconjunct, averse or alien to each other. This simply demonstrates an inability to combine energies and work together effectively. This element of being devoid of a willingness or capability to relate to each other has been incorporated into modern astrology by the 'inconjunct' becoming an aspect in its own right. Also known as the quincunx and denoted by the symbol , it is said to represent a harsh or tense relationship based upon incompatibility.
Fear is the one thing that stops people from living a great life, and collecting all the experience that they possibly can. And many of us build castles around us that we think will keep the threat out. All it does in reality is lock our potential in - Geoff Thompson
Unread 11-29-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07.Re View Post
An inconjunction / quincunx is not regarded as a neutral aspect but as an aspect with similar energies to a weak square.

http://www.cafeastrology.com/article...ctaspects.html

and

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/aspect.html
On the Astro.com site, where I made my chart from, it says it is a "neutral" aspect and "minor" .

http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_aspect_e.htm

Thanks for the links though.
Unread 11-29-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Hey Queen!
I was worried at first because I do obsess a bit about my weight...I'm at least relieved to know I don't have anything to worry about astrologically, lol

Does a venus mars opposition have an opposite effect then of what the conjunction does? What am I projecting?

If what I've read's correct, hard to tell a venus in taurus not to be jealous right? ...I think I tend to get jealous too easily...of anything...
I wouldn't worry too much about weight and astrologically. I honestly don't think it has much "weight" (haha, bad pun sorry). The ascendant will say more about the sort of persona you project to the world and can effect your physical facial features. The "weight" stuff is more of a generalization and can really differ I have seen for the males and females and will also be affected by other parts of your chart (you sun sign for example). Just because a person has a certain ascendant or planet in a certain house doesn't mean they will look like another person with the same. Astrology is not destiny. But there are similarities noticed between people who have similar rising signs or aspects to them. But fi you don't fit it don't worry. Your DNA on the other hand ..is more like destiny - can't change that stuff unfortunately.

Well, according to my book (and others on here may have different interpretations mind you), an opposition aspect is a "tension". It is a 180 angel. Basically, my book describes it as "when one planet turns right, the other turns left" which basically means the planets want to go in the opposite (opposition) directions and not together. So, this causes "tension" between the two planets because they are not in harmonious with each which can cause issues for you in the areas those planets stand for (venus = love/relationships and mars = sex/action Venus is thought to be more feminine and mars more masculine.

I think you mention in another thread (or this one) that people couldn't tell your sexuality right off (I think that was you if not I apologize!). If so, this might be where that is coming from possibly. Balancing the male and female energies in you because of the opposition might be a challenge. It doesn't means that people will necessary see it or you "project it" - it is a psychologically thing between the two planets within yourself. It isn't a "bad" thing - it is just will be one of your challenges to master.

Here is a page that describes the Venus/mars aspects:

http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/v...rsaspects.html

See if the opposition one rings a bell.

Also, the Uranus conjunct ascendant sounds like a nice thing to me. Uranus represents individuality! Which means if it does effect your appearance since it conjunct your ascendant - it might mean you are quite original looking. Either in your facial features, your mannerisms to stangers - maybe the way you dress!

Here is a nice page that describes the planets conjunct of their ascendants, so read the Uranus one and see how it sounds for you. I match my Neptune one at times:

http://rugdeeaustralia.tripod.com/id17.html

For the Venus in Taurus, what sign your Venus is in will mostly relate to how you like your "romance" from a partner and what kind of romantic partner you are (this can apply to other types of relationships too).
http://www.cafeastrology.com/article...enussigns.html

It says they are possessive in love, so I guess jealously could fall in there too.

Hope I helped out. I am a newb at this compartively to some of the people on here. But I am studying and it is nice to practice interpretations. I like psychology part of this since I have a degree in Psych.

Last edited by queenfluff; 11-29-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Unread 12-03-2010, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire19 View Post
Wow!!! remembering that an orb of no more than 4 degrees for a conjunction
does he have all those??? A little more for the Sun and Moon..
It is a complicated mix for sure. Would he be androgynous looking and/or bi sexual????
According to cafe astrology he has all those. He is not bi sexual!!!!! What does androgynous looking mean? He looks kinda gay.
Unread 12-03-2010, 02:48 AM

Quote:
I wonder the same thing because some females who have approached me in the past have mentioned that they weren't sure of my sexuality right away...
I actually have read lately that Venus conjunct Pluto can make a guy appear feminine.
Unread 12-03-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
According to cafe astrology he has all those. He is not bi sexual!!!!! What does androgynous looking mean? He looks kinda gay.
Androgynous:

1. being both male and female; hermaphroditic. 2. having both masculine and feminine characteristics. 3. having an ambiguous sexual identity

Celebrities examples are: Boy George, Joan Jett, Nick Rhodes (DuranDuran), Grace Jones, Annie Lennox, KD Lang, Jamie Lee Curtis and David Bowie (in his early days). Androgy was very big in the 80's.
Unread 12-04-2010, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassanra View Post
I have this in Leo in the fifth PLUS uranus
I am not sure the above description would fit me.
Too this conjunction is challenged by moon, sun and neptune in fact it is mostly challenged and being in the fifth may not express itself though Aries is my rising sign.
You would have to have magnetism with Uranus in the mix. As you say the challenging aspects do modify it. Astrology as a hobby.....fits.....
Issues with children, your ego expression and your leisure time.
Lovers and your personal creativity.
Unread 12-04-2010, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Androgynous:

1. being both male and female; hermaphroditic. 2. having both masculine and feminine characteristics. 3. having an ambiguous sexual identity

Celebrities examples are: Boy George, Joan Jett, Nick Rhodes (DuranDuran), Grace Jones, Annie Lennox, KD Lang, Jamie Lee Curtis and David Bowie (in his early days). Androgy was very big in the 80's.
To be a real hermaphrodite is rare and often corrected at birth. I believe this happened with Jamie Lee Curtis. She has a curvy womanly figure but an androgynous face...
Unread 12-04-2010, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Androgynous:

Interesting to see the charts of these people, how much air element??? Mercury aspects etc.

Gemini is typical as well as Aquarius and perhaps Libra, but not so much...
Unread 12-04-2010, 05:58 AM

Quote:
I actually have read lately that Venus conjunct Pluto can make a guy appear feminine.
Not in itself no. Perhaps in Pisces or other yin signs but I think the Sun would have be involved and the ascendant....
Unread 12-04-2010, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Actually most of us can have the inclination to be bi sexual....androgynous means looking not male or female but a mixture....A man would look kind of gay and a woman would look kind of butch.
Unread 12-06-2010, 08:17 AM

I also have Venus/Mars in conjunction and can definitely relate to much of what has been written here...it is that some kind of sexy and attractive vibe that is emitted. I also noticed that just about all of my previous partners also have the Venus/Mars conjunction too in their charts. I was telling someone recently that I was attracted to that something (edge?) - but couldn't explain it and go figure it's plain old Mars/Venus sexy vibe going on. I also seem to be attracted to creative types (artists, musicians, filmmakers, photographers) as well not sure if it comes with this aspect...Wondering if those with this aspect tend to get along with the opposite sex easier? I tend to become friends with guys quicker than females sometimes. My Mars/Venus also conjuncts Pluto - so I can relate to experiencing female jealousy sometimes. Not always though, there's some really cool gals out there (primarily Aqua Suns) whom I've become real fast buds with - maybe they are the androgynous signs of the zodiac...

p.s. I personally think Venus/Sun is physically beautiful and attractive whereas Mars/Venus (to me anyways!) is sexy and hard to resist.

Last edited by stellab; 12-06-2010 at 08:24 AM.
Unread 12-06-2010, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTTY05 View Post
I've got Venus conjunct Mars in Virgo in the 8th, but the above description in the first post doesn't apply to me. Maybe it's because Venus squares Saturn, I don't know. My Sun and Mercury are in the mix too with Venus & Mars, forming a stellium.
Venus squaring Saturn is a difficult one. Also Virgo is more circumspect and rather fussy.... You have an 8th house stellium??
Unread 12-06-2010, 11:58 PM

Quote:

Taurus can lead to overweight due to love of food and particularly sugar. Venus opposing Saturn is discipline to keep attractive you feel and it also causes some resentment and a sense of limitation.

Mars Saturn can restrict physical urges actually. It is a disciplining effect, yes.
Unread 03-19-2011, 07:09 PM

I have venus and mars tight conjunction in Gemini in the Eighth house. I also have Asc in Scorpio 18 Degrees. I do not know whether I am attractive or not, however, as I get older, I notice that man are either extremely attracted to me or put off!

I also have a venus square pluto, moon trine pluto, Jupitar trine pluto
Don't know what all that means, still learning at this time
Unread 05-07-2011, 05:02 PM

wow that explain alot ^^
i have venus and mars in Libra and my sun is Scorpio with other 3 plant too
and thou i feel like real scorpio but ppl always say that i have charming personality and they feel really comfortable in my present not like typical scorpio
Unread 05-07-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tana View Post
hi,

is it true that endows one with attractive Power??

makes this Aspect one really Attractive?? or, gives attraction/Sex appeal??

have someone this Aspect?? or, you know somebody with this Aspect??
(Bad English, i know )

:56:
I have this aspect in my birth chart Venus 28TAU49, Mars 5GEM33. Its fairly wide in orb, but under 7*. I did not experience any special endowment of 'attractive power' or 'sex appeal' earlier in life and do not experience that now. Such qualities depend on how you express the energetic basis of aspects like these.

This aspect is one that fuses the Venusian principle of pleasure, beauty, social grace, love, etc, with the Martial principle of action, passion, heat, etc. This can be expressed creatively as well as socially. I experienced it more through poetry and writing, as well as an early interest in music and developing talents. Of course doing these kinds of things can make a person more attractive in a genuine way.

Venus-Mars vanity and ego gratification won't make you happy. Develop the creativity in the aspect to the fullest. Sing, write, paint, dance...

Tags
attractiveness, conjunct, mars, venus