Help with Major/Career

MiaMiaMia

This may sound really horrible and will probably keep some people from responding to my future posts, but I really relate to Queen Elizabeth the Ist and Hillary Clinton. I see similarities in myself to both of these people. I like powerful and intense people, movies and things. When I was younger, I had a strong interest in super heroes, English Royalty, and the Presidents of the USA. My favourite movies tend to be more on the psychologically engaging side (e.g., Black Swan, Gone Girl, anything with Kevin Spacey - I LOVE HOUSE OF CARDS :biggrin:). I also love music from the 80s, rock music,classical music, Brandi Carlile, and OneRepublic. I will listen to anything though haha.

I don't think I'm like many people. I like lots of things and I'm generally not too picky. I'm a weird Scorpio.

Why, we all have our vices, you seem to like power:tongue:
Do you relate to them because they look powerful/status or because they know how to work it? Or where did you imagine yourself, on the throne or behind it?

Scorpio makes sense with the psychological stuff too, but again, do you see yourself as the "bad guys" or the spectator who sees through them? Or the ones working against them?
I love house of cards too, and I´d love to analyze Frank Underwood, or listen to your analysis more like:biggrin: He is so fascinating, in a crrrreeeeepy way:bandit:

We have similar taste in music, though idk if it´s Scorpioic or just my mars that loves rock n roll.:love:

waybread

I do not like my Venus placement because it gives me a lot of trouble in the relationship department. From what I have learned, a Venus in Scorpio is a very possessive and jealous person. I know I have those tendencies.

I also seem to expect that my partner should be passionate all the time, and I don't really like my partner to have too many friends of the opposite sex. My only relationship so far has been with a once bisexual Aquarius guy, and he had this hot and cold behaviour that was really annoying. It turns out he was gay, but even to this day, he still does things with me that should probably be reserved for someone he's in a relationship with. I have stopped (at least for the moment) trying to figure him out.

In short, my Venus is not charming at all. It is very seductive. I hope that none of my work colleagues or classmates have felt that I have acted in such a way with them. I try to come across as a proper, respectable, and honorable person.

A commonality in the sentiments you describe is that a Scorpio planet is often heavily invested in power relations and in control issues.

Why, we all have our vices, you seem to like power:tongue:
Do you relate to them because they look powerful/status or because they know how to work it? Or where did you imagine yourself, on the throne or behind it?

Scorpio makes sense with the psychological stuff too, but again, do you see yourself as the "bad guys" or the spectator who sees through them? Or the ones working against them?
I love house of cards too, and I´d love to analyze Frank Underwood, or listen to your analysis more like:biggrin: He is so fascinating, in a crrrreeeeepy way:bandit:

We have similar taste in music, though idk if it´s Scorpioic or just my mars that loves rock n roll.:love:

I relate to both power and status. Basically, I like people who have to make the tough decisions. I myself kind of like those types of leadership positions. Sadly, in order to get there, one must sacrifice many things, including in some cases, what one believes to be right or wrong. One of my friends who is a lawyer said that one of the first things you learn in law school is that what you may think is right is really only relative to you. The real world does not operate in black and white, and in most cases, the most effective way to get things done involves mixing a little black and white together.

I personally believe that the person with the most power is the one behind the throne. Figureheads are puppets, and when you have a good leader coupled with a good advisor, great things are achieved. Sometimes I envy the adoration that the throne receives, but I know that it's just a facade. I prefer to lead from behind, and if the one on the throne is incompetent, I will depose him/her and take over.

Frank Underwood. His negative traits are numerous and will probably come back to bite him in the butt. Nonetheless, his success is due to his opportunistic abilities, and the ability to make the hard choices that no one else wanted to make. He wanted the top job, and he didn't let money or materialistic things blind him from his goal. His goal was to obtain power.

I do not see myself as a "bad guy", but I have always had a fascination for the criminal / antagonist mind. I feel bad for many of them , because while the hatred of such people is understandable, very few people realise how their own behaviours towards others may have had a hand in forming such a person. The line between personal responsibility and the collective responsibility is very interesting to me.

In short, I don't root for the bad guys, but I find their mental processes to be more interesting. In many cases, it is easy to be good. Society, in many shapes and forms, forces us to be good. It takes a special type of person to both resist and defy those pressures.

Last edited:

Julia Karmic Astrology

Re: Thanks and Two Questions

:smile: Thanks for the additional info guys. I appreciate the clarification. It is true that my ideal workplace would give me the opportunity to work with and change the lives of lots of people, and also have a clear method of advancement to the top job. I didn't really think of teaching, but I am thinking of it now based on my chart.

I have two other questions:
1) Just to confirm, if I seriously look into law and politics, there is at least a modicum of hope that I will be successful? Or at least that I have talent in that area?

2) I made another post about the Scorp Sun and Moon with Sag rising combination. I can't find many profiles about people with that combination. I'm not trying to be pretentious - I just really want to know more about what this combination is like and how it can be used to improve my life.

Thanks in advance! :smile:

EDIT: I'm also really surprised that my thread got moved out of the vocational section. Did I do something wrong?

Teaching on the college level would give you some of the things you want, but will it have the status and income you desire?

When I look at a chart, I see energy available for use. I can not tell if a person will use the energy in an optimal way. Success is a function of talent and hard work. And yes the energy for law and politics is there. But again, don't base any major life decision on astrology, conduct a proper career exploration process.

I will look for your other post. I don't know why this thread was moved. I hope I didn't go off the reservation with my answer. :(

Julia

Julia Karmic Astrology

This may sound really horrible and will probably keep some people from responding to my future posts, but I really relate to Queen Elizabeth the Ist and Hillary Clinton. I see similarities in myself to both of these people. I like powerful and intense people, movies and things. When I was younger, I had a strong interest in super heroes, English Royalty, and the Presidents of the USA. My favourite movies tend to be more on the psychologically engaging side (e.g., Black Swan, Gone Girl, anything with Kevin Spacey - I LOVE HOUSE OF CARDS :biggrin:). I also love music from the 80s, rock music,classical music, Brandi Carlile, and OneRepublic. I will listen to anything though haha.

I don't think I'm like many people. I like lots of things and I'm generally not too picky. I'm a weird Scorpio.

I actually was thinking of Hilary's chart as I was looking at yours. She has a three planets in Scorpio, you have quite a few more than that in Scorpio. You certainly will not be afraid of the dark side of the body politic!

I think your hobbies/interests seem to be in line with politics as a career choice.

Julia

Last edited:
Haha I knew that there was something drawing me towards her. :lol:

To be honest, I'm not sure if I like her. I do respect her abilities in many aspects. I don't think we would be friends, but I would absolutely love working with her in government to get things done. I understand how hard it is to open up about your personal life to people who only want to see you ripped to shreds. I just wish that she would be honest. Not because she wants to, but because it's more efficient, more practical, and will be of more use to her in achieving her goals.

I'm hoping that if I ever go into politics, my soul won't get corrupted by the dark souls that seem to always be there. I like power, but my life's dream is to ultimately make the world a more fair and balanced place.

Thank you Julia for all of your help. :smile:

You are right that astrology cannot necessarily predict the actions of the future. Being an anxious person, I like to plan for the future as much as I can. I need to be satisfied with the knowledge is that the future is what I make it to be. I have found that astrology is great for understanding my motivations and my personality. If I can understand myself, I will be able to make improvements so that I'm in the best possible shape to face the future. :smile:

Julia Karmic Astrology

Interesting, how do you read the relationship with colleagues?

Mercury is in Libra, 10h. And the 10h is mostly Libra energy, with Virgo on the cusp.
Virgo gives the meticulous attention to detail, obsessive work ethic, and need to be of service. Libra is the need to get along with others, quite charming and well liked, a desire to be liked and admired by others. The Mercury in Libra makes for a diplomatic person who is quite pleasing to others.

Julia

Julia Karmic Astrology

Thanks, I´m still trying to make sense of it.:joyful:
Sag ascendant sure plays a role, but I´d say colleagues fall under the MC, just like bosses?
11th always makes me think of the more casual social circles. Nonetheless, the libra mercury makes perfect sense when it comes to being pleasant in general. Though I wonder if it´s really more important than Venus, since she´s the charm.

What rules Libra?

Last edited:

Julia Karmic Astrology

I relate to both power and status. Basically, I like people who have to make the tough decisions. I myself kind of like those types of leadership positions. Sadly, in order to get there, one must sacrifice many things, including in some cases, what one believes to be right or wrong. One of my friends who is a lawyer said that one of the first things you learn in law school is that what you may think is right is really only relative to you. The real world does not operate in black and white, and in most cases, the most effective way to get things done involves mixing a little black and white together.

I personally believe that the person with the most power is the one behind the throne. Figureheads are puppets, and when you have a good leader coupled with a good advisor, great things are achieved. Sometimes I envy the adoration that the throne receives, but I know that it's just a facade. I prefer to lead from behind, and if the one on the throne is incompetent, I will depose him/her and take over.

Frank Underwood. His negative traits are numerous and will probably come back to bite him in the butt. Nonetheless, his success is due to his opportunistic abilities, and the ability to make the hard choices that no one else wanted to make. He wanted the top job, and he didn't let money or materialistic things blind him from his goal. His goal was to obtain power.

I do not see myself as a "bad guy", but I have always had a fascination for the criminal / antagonist mind. I feel bad for many of them , because while the hatred of such people is understandable, very few people realise how their own behaviours towards others may have had a hand in forming such a person. The line between personal responsibility and the collective responsibility is very interesting to me.

In short, I don't root for the bad guys, but I find their mental processes to be more interesting. In many cases, it is easy to be good. Society, in many shapes and forms, forces us to be good. It takes a special type of person to both resist and defy those pressures.

I have been giving you information based on straight forward vocational astrology.
However I feel compelled at this point to bring in karmic astrology to shed some light on your career choices, as your comments keep going right to karmic issues.

In karmic astrology, a 12 house Sun indicates someone who was quite famous in a past life, a household name, etc. I don't have a specific person in mind, this is just general commentary. However it also indicates that in this life you most likely will not receive that kind of fame, but will be a behind the scenes kind of person. You can be quite powerful, but more the power behind the throne kind of thing. You may feel that you do not get the praise and adoration you deserve, so will need to have more of an internal accolade orientation.

You also have a loaded 12 house, the karmic debt house. This means that you have taken on some debt to be paid. This will mean staying in the light, and not going to the dark side of scorpio. Use your power for good, not evil. You will certainly understand evil, and be well able to cope with it successfully. But avoid being sucked in.

Julia

Last edited:

Julia Karmic Astrology

Haha I knew that there was something drawing me towards her. :lol:

To be honest, I'm not sure if I like her. I do respect her abilities in many aspects. I don't think we would be friends, but I would absolutely love working with her in government to get things done. I understand how hard it is to open up about your personal life to people who only want to see you ripped to shreds. I just wish that she would be honest. Not because she wants to, but because it's more efficient, more practical, and will be of more use to her in achieving her goals.

I'm hoping that if I ever go into politics, my soul won't get corrupted by the dark souls that seem to always be there. I like power, but my life's dream is to ultimately make the world a more fair and balanced place.

Thank you Julia for all of your help. :smile:

You are right that astrology cannot necessarily predict the actions of the future. Being an anxious person, I like to plan for the future as much as I can. I need to be satisfied with the knowledge is that the future is what I make it to be. I have found that astrology is great for understanding my motivations and my personality. If I can understand myself, I will be able to make improvements so that I'm in the best possible shape to face the future. :smile:

You are welcome TheStar.
It sounds like you are going to use your Libra and Scorpio energy in a good way.
Wonderful.

Yes the current presidential candidates are good object lessons for you in your vocational exploration and goals. And yes, part of determining career selection is taking into account your personality and motivation. So understanding those factors in others helps you understand your best path.

In terms of the current candidates, yes, we see people who just cannot seem to help themselves and exhibit poor judgement or lack of discipline. Personal flaws interfere with their goals.

In terms of your goals, you have stated them perfectly:

Julia

MiaMiaMia

I have been giving you information based on straight forward vocational astrology.
However I feel compelled at this point to bring in karmic astrology to shed some light on your career choices, as your comments keep going right to karmic issues.

In karmic astrology, a 12 house Sun indicates someone who was quite famous in a past life, a household name, etc. I don't have a specific person in mind, this is just general commentary. However it also indicates that in this life you most likely will not receive that kind of fame, but will be a behind the scenes kind of person. You can be quite powerful, but more the power behind the throne kind of thing. You may feel that you do not get the praise and adoration you deserve, but will need to have more of an internal accolade orientation.

You also have a loaded 12 house, the karmic debt house. This means that you have taken on some debt to be paid. This will mean staying in the light, and not going to the dark side of scorpio. Use your power for good, not evil. You will certainly understand evil, and be well able to cope with it successfully. But avoid being sucked in.

Julia

I have never heard of karmic astrology, its absolutely fascinating. One relative of mine has Sun in the 12th, she is a hard worker, but gets taken for granted constantly. She will have success I´m sure, but doesn´t seem to know/mind when she isn´t the shining star.

Julia, could you please link to some good karmic astrology for beginners? And also, how seriously do you take that yourself?:andy:

Julia Karmic Astrology

I have never heard of karmic astrology, its absolutely fascinating. One relative of mine has Sun in the 12th, she is a hard worker, but gets taken for granted constantly. She will have success I´m sure, but doesn´t seem to know/mind when she isn´t the shining star.

Julia, could you please link to some good karmic astrology for beginners? And also, how seriously do you take that yourself?:andy:

Karmic astrology is the branch of astrology which focuses on past lives, karma, soul purpose and spirituality. I am probably more interested in the part that focuses on soul and spiritual issues. The natal chart shows soul purpose and intent for this life, as well as patterns from the past, and deeply ingrained behaviors, feelings and thoughts. Karmic astrology is based upon the notion that we are souls which live forever and we reincarnate over and over until we reach the goal of enlightenment. We chose the moment and place of birth, to receive the cosmic energy necessary for this incarnation.

Karmic astrology is western based, but borrows heavily from eastern/ vedic astrology. In the western world, while many lay people are fascinated by it, karmic astrology has not been accepted within professional astrology circles until more recently. I think in the next decade, as the planet becomes more spiritual, it will be finally given the place it deserves.

That said, a decade ago when I talked about the nodes with other astrologers, I was scoffed at. Now talking about the nodes is common place. So progress is being made.

In terms of links to sources, I have probably read just about everything out there about karmic/soul/spiritual astrology. What I think works best, is to google the topic and start reading. Wait until you find an author, or subtopic that resonates with you. Then pursue those.

In terms of your friend, yes a 12 house Sun has adjustment issues. In past lives they have been quite famous, and well known. In this life they made a conscious decision to be less famous for any number of reasons. Fame has draw backs. The scrutiny, accolades, constant attention sometimes gets in the way of goal accomplishment. For example, in the current political environment, it would be better to be the power behind the scenes, much more could be accomplished as opposed to having to deal with a constant spot light.

Julia

MiaMiaMia

Karmic astrology is the branch of astrology which focuses on past lives, karma, soul purpose and spirituality. I am probably more interested in the part that focuses on soul and spiritual issues. The natal chart shows soul purpose and intent for this life, as well as patterns from the past, and deeply ingrained behaviors, feelings and thoughts. Karmic astrology is based upon the notion that we are souls which live forever and we reincarnate over and over until we reach the goal of enlightenment. We chose the moment and place of birth, to receive the cosmic energy necessary for this incarnation.

Karmic astrology is western based, but borrows heavily from eastern/ vedic astrology. In the western world, while many lay people are fascinated by it, karmic astrology has not been accepted within professional astrology circles until more recently. I think in the next decade, as the planet becomes more spiritual, it will be finally given the place it deserves.

That said, a decade ago when I talked about the nodes with other astrologers, I was scoffed at. Now talking about the nodes is common place. So progress is being made.

In terms of links to sources, I have probably read just about everything out there about karmic/soul/spiritual astrology. What I think works best, is to google the topic and start reading. Wait until you find an author, or subtopic that resonates with you. Then pursue those.

In terms of your friend, yes a 12 house Sun has adjustment issues. In past lives they have been quite famous, and well known. In this life they made a conscious decision to be less famous for any number of reasons. Fame has draw backs. The scrutiny, accolades, constant attention sometimes gets in the way of goal accomplishment. For example, in the current political environment, it would be better to be the power behind the scenes, much more could be accomplished as opposed to having to deal with a constant spot light.

Julia

Thanks, and yes, my relative does not look for fame or even prestige, which I respect greatly.

I have had trouble finding it online, since I don´t know if they all mean the same thing by karmic astrology. Some focus on the Nodes, as you said, some on the Moon, and others just on the 12th, 8th, 6th and 4th house.

Is Karmic astrology really limited to those, or can I find something like a full karmic chart? I hope that it gets accepted, especially amongst astrologers, who already are the "outsiders" for many people, and it´s paradoxal for them to reject a spiritual approach.

You are a very wise and gifted lady Julia. Thank you so much for your insight.

Finding internal satisfaction with my work has been a constant challenge for me. I like the idea of winning awards, winning competitions, just winning in general. This mindset has hurt me in many ways. I struggle with emotional burnout, which makes it very difficult to get things done. My mind seems to want the spotlight, but my heart knows that it's not the place where I can be the most effective and find the most joy. I feel like my life will be a constant battle of being satisfied with working behind the scenes, but also not allowing others to take credit for my work (this has happened to me many times in my life sadly). Pride, envy, and low self-esteem are my vices that I must fight against.

You have given me much to think about. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. :smile:

Julia Karmic Astrology

Thanks, and yes, my relative does not look for fame or even prestige, which I respect greatly.

I have had trouble finding it online, since I don´t know if they all mean the same thing by karmic astrology. Some focus on the Nodes, as you said, some on the Moon, and others just on the 12th, 8th, 6th and 4th house.Is Karmic astrology really limited to those, or can I find something like a full karmic chart?

The entire chart is karmic, but the Moon, Nodes and Chiron are quite important.
So starting with them would be very appropriate. You can learn about houses as you go.
And yes right now the field of karmic astrology is a bit unsettled in terms of focus, name and content. But that is typical of any new discipline, it takes awhile for it to gel.
I myself go back and forth with what to call myself. I am torn between spiritual or karmic astrologer. But settling for karmic nomenclature at present.

I hope that it gets accepted, especially amongst astrologers, who already are the "outsiders" for many people, and it´s paradoxal for them to reject a spiritual approach.

I know, it is so ironic. Astrology is considered fringe by mainstream society,
but then astrology treats some of its branches as fringe. But that is basic human nature, like it or not. :) But in all fairness, the West has not embraced the notion of reincarnation or spirituality like those from the East. When I work with clients who were born and raised in the eastern traditions, or have dinner with my Vedic astrologer friends I am warmly embraced and respected. So it all balances out in the end.

And I am used to being a black sheep, so I just go with the flow. And in all fairness, a decade ago, there would not be a karmic astrology category on this forum like there is now. So there is huge progress being made.

To the OP: My profound apologies for thread jacking. I am terrible about that, but it is not on purpose. I just follow my nose, and can get into trouble.

Julia

Julia Karmic Astrology

You are a very wise and gifted lady Julia. Thank you so much for your insight.

Finding internal satisfaction with my work has been a constant challenge for me. I like the idea of winning awards, winning competitions, just winning in general. This mindset has hurt me in many ways. I struggle with emotional burnout, which makes it very difficult to get things done. My mind seems to want the spotlight, but my heart knows that it's not the place where I can be the most effective and find the most joy. I feel like my life will be a constant battle of being satisfied with working behind the scenes, but also not allowing others to take credit for my work (this has happened to me many times in my life sadly). Pride, envy, and low self-esteem are my vices that I must fight against.

You have given me much to think about. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. :smile:

You are welcome, it is a pleasure to help you.

BTW I did not get wise overnight. Making mistakes and learning from them is how we get wise. :)

I think the accolades/ fame is not either or, but one of balance. You will receive appreciation, accolades and recognition in this life, but it may not be the kind where when you walk down the street everyone knows who you are like in past lives. You have a natural charm in the workplace and colleagues will be attracted to you and value you.

One of my favorite quotes: "It is amazing how much you can accomplish when you don't have to take all the credit."

Julia