Can Neptune aspects affect whether a person is Left / Right Brained?

vannasan

So here's pretty much the breakdown that I always see for what it's like if a person is left or right brained:

The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.

What I'd like to know is, if Neptune or Neptune aspects could affect which side of the brain a person would most likely use more often.

For instance I could see Neptune conj Sun/ Asc or in H1 making someone more right brained.

I'd really like some input or opinions? (And tell me if I'm wrong, maybe it's another planet that affects this?)
And what about those who are 50/50?

Could you say your own Neptune placements/aspects and what side of the brain you use.

Athene

This is one nice question and i it should be discussed, but from some quick brainstorming point of wiew i think we should examine first the Yin-Yang planetary ratio of the given chart :

East/left of the Nodal Axis > Yang > the left side brain

West/right of the Nodal Axis > Yin > the right side brain

Just a guess of mine :joyful:

waybread

"Right" and "left" brained are no longer current neuro-science, so far as I know. It turns out that the connections between the hemispheres are far more complex.

But I think a chart can show if someone is more romantic/creative vs. logical. I would look at Neptune, but you kind of have to see the whole chart.

vannasan

Thanks for both replies.
Athene, I'm not so good with astrology as yet, and haven't been looking into it much lately, but I will investigate for the Yin/Yang aspects, I think that's a great perspective to attach to it.

Waybread, I knew there was more studies being done, but I will go with the main idea of logical vs. a more creative or artistic approach to ideas. I meant this question in the sense that, personally I have a hard time attaching words to ideas, and if I could go about life expressing myself with drawing or sketches, I would be happier. But I'm also not far away from the traditional sense of left vs right brain (i'm about 48/ 52). So I take logical skills and apply it in more artistic ways, eg. I like drawing up plans for architecture.

The first thing that jumped out at me was Neptune aspects and I guess because of what the planet rules traditionally.

Vagabondgirl

I remember getting tested for which brain hemisphere I used in language, and the result was definately not left side (which is most common). The woman thought I used both.... I think right sided people are more "sensitive", somewhat psychic perhaps in some cases. Maybe it has to do with the water signs perhaps??

I have mercury in scorpio, and it conjuncts pluto and sextiles neptune, and squares jupiter:p

Athene

I remember getting tested for which brain hemisphere I used in language, and the result was definately not left side (which is most common). The woman thought I used both.... I think right sided people are more "sensitive", somewhat psychic perhaps in some cases. Maybe it has to do with the water signs perhaps??

I have mercury in scorpio, and it conjuncts pluto and sextiles neptune, and squares jupiter:p
Please go do the test i listed in my last post, are you by any chance left handed ? Tough, there was made a diference in been dominantly left sided/handed and writing with the left, becouse of the oldschool 'education' that banned that natural predisposition as a 'work of the devil' as they liked to call it not so long ago . .

Vagabondgirl

Please go do the test i listed in my last post, are you by any chance left handed ? Tough, there was made a diference in been dominantly left sided/handed and writing with the left, becouse of the oldschool 'education' that banned that natural predisposition as a 'work of the devil' as they liked to call it not so long ago . .

No, actually not. Im very right handed. But mum is left handed... Ok, Will do the test:)

Athene

But whats YIN and YAN? masculine and feminine or??
Heheh noughty girl, back to the basics :lol: :
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrology-articles/chakra-system-charts.php

The Yin principle is the receptive principle. Within the human energetic configuration, it's the left and front side of the body (right brain, laterality) and specialized in assimilating imputs. On the other hand, the Yang is the emissive principle, governs the right side and the back of the body(left brain), and it's specialized in stating ones own will. Respectively, within the chart, left of the Nodal axis > Yin planets, right > Yang ones.

Athene

Heheh noughty girl, back to the basics :lol: :
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrology-articles/chakra-system-charts.php

The Yin principle is the receptive principle. Within the human energetic configuration, it's the left and front side of the body (right brain, laterality) and specialized in assimilating imputs. On the other hand, the Yang is the emissive principle, governs the right side and the back of the body(left brain), and it's specialized in stating ones own will. Respectively, within the chart, left of the Nodal axis > Yin planets, right > Yang ones.

Sorry !!!! I messed up ! I slept so poorly last night and had such bad dreams i'm not myself today :pinched: :pinched: :pinched: :sad:

Yin is :
- the front and the right side of the body
- right side of the brain
- right side of the Nodal axis

Yang is :
- the back and the left side of the body
- left side of the brain
- left side of the Nodal axis

Sorry again ! :pinched:

vannasan

I really like what you brought up here. I was thinking what other planets to attach to this, and now that you brought up that mercury sextile neptune aspect, I can see the trend toward being more right brained. Since mercury deals with communication and how we receive, process and send out information I can see it being highly important in the mix. A sextile or conjunct can show a liking toward creativity/ imagination/ fantasy.
And yes, Neptune rules Pisces, a water sign.

I was also thinking that the tendence toward what side of the brain is used could also depend on what sign neptune and mercury are in (Is that what you were getting at Vagabondgirl?). My own Neptune conjuncts Mercury so I'm definitely a dreamer, but both are in Capricorn a logical sign; which is probably why I'm still closer to the middle of R/L brain.

Is your Neptune + Jupiter in Scorpio as well?

@ Athene, sorry I still have no idea how to find out how much Yang or Yin I have in my chart without paying a website to calculate it.

Athene

@ Athene, sorry I still have no idea how to find out how much Yang or Yin I have in my chart without paying a website to calculate it.
Open the chart that stands in my signature and look for the Nodal Axis i.e. North Node and South Node. You'll see that Saturn is on the South Node, but slightly on the right of it. Now, in this chart, all the planets are on the right side of the Nodal Axis, asside Pluto, meaning all are in the Yin side of the chart while Puto been only on the Yang side. Do you see it now ? It's quite simple :sideways:

About Neptune, i have :

- the generational Neptune sextile Pluto
- square Mars
- sextile AC
+ it's the ruller of my Moon, Mars and Venus

I'm strongly right brained, but under specific circumstances lol, learned to work the left part too :lol: . .

Frank

I have Neptune conjunct the MC and trine Mercury.

I consistently objectively test as have a VERY balanced right/left brain.

I've worked professionally as an astrologer, air traffic controller, actor, technology worker, singer, photographer, journalist, and researcher. And many other things.

The point here is that one must look at the entire chart, not just one planet and its aspects to delineate ANYTHING about someone.

My chart is in my profile, for the curious.

Vagabondgirl

I really like what you brought up here. I was thinking what other planets to attach to this, and now that you brought up that mercury sextile neptune aspect, I can see the trend toward being more right brained. Since mercury deals with communication and how we receive, process and send out information I can see it being highly important in the mix. A sextile or conjunct can show a liking toward creativity/ imagination/ fantasy.
And yes, Neptune rules Pisces, a water sign.

I was also thinking that the tendence toward what side of the brain is used could also depend on what sign neptune and mercury are in (Is that what you were getting at Vagabondgirl?). My own Neptune conjuncts Mercury so I'm definitely a dreamer, but both are in Capricorn a logical sign; which is probably why I'm still closer to the middle of R/L brain.

Is your Neptune + Jupiter in Scorpio as well?

Sorry for being slow in the YIN and YANG concept, I just thought it was something chinese, like the YIN/YANG symbole.... But then it does represent feminine and masculine energy in fact.

Nodal axis....SN and NN right? Most of my personal planets are on the left side of this axis: Sun, Moon, Venus, Mars, Mercury and pluto, the rest are on the right side of this axis. Making me more YIN/perceptive?

I think Im a little mixed though, both logical and creative. Im a medical student, in this way being "Logical", but on the other hand I have a lot of "paranormal" experiences like telepathy, dreams and strange intuition about people and situations. But Im still "down to earth" regarding the material world and the body/chemical reactions, physics and so on. That there are certain rules about the material world, as well as being open to the "spiritual world". But I try to stick to the facts as far as it goes. I try to not get to caught up in potential dreams about the future that might make one a bit "crazy" at times. So there is also a sceptical "earthy side" of me:) Thank god!

I have Mercury/Pluto in scorpio, sextile Neptune in capricorn. Mercury/pluto squares Jupiter in Aquarius.... So maybe the feminine sides are like the YIN? Making one more perceptive I would assume, and the masculine ones "the YANG" and more action related. My boyfriend for example is almost only air and fire, with mercury in sagittarius, and he is nowhere near spiritual:p

Vagabondgirl

I know this is a little "black and White", but in psychology there was a theory about shy/introverted people and being MORE perceptive, while the outgoing ones were less perceptive and almost understimulating and making them more prone to search for more "action" in everyday life, compared to the introverted ones who were already "bombarded" by the stimuli.

Again, relating this to my theory about people with predominant planets in feminine signs being introverted and the masculine ones for being more outgoing and "thrill seeking". The masculine ones would probably be more action related and the feminine ones more perceptive. Feminine --> Right side of brain. Masculine --> left side. One relates women and female activity more to the right sided stuff and men to the left sided stuff like for example maths and logic. Female stuff is like dancing and reading novels and so on. You know what I mean? :)