Worried

Mia

Hi Everybody

I would like to ask the question, 'will this guy cause trouble for me?' It is someone I work with whom I have trusted in the past and have spoken to quite frankly regarding my feelings towards management etc.

We have fallen out recently after a massive argument and I feel he's got it in for me now. He's ambitious and makes a point of being 'well in' with managers etc and I think he may try to cause trouble by telling them things. One of the things he does if we have a disagreement (there have been several!) is talk about the things others are supposedly saying about me. I feel he may do this to 'put the cat amongst the pidgeons' so to speak to cause trouble within the team. He has also tried to cause a fall out with someone whom I regard as a good friend by telling me stuff she has supposedly said.

I fear I may have made an enemy and will have to watch my back all the time. I think what's really bothered me is the fact that I read one of my daily horoscopes earlier and the astrologer had talked about someone who used to be a friend becoming an enemy and warned against trusting anyone and talking to anyone thinking I can trust them. He was quite emphatic in his warning so I am even more worried now as his description of the situation was very apt. I asked this question at 05. 28 hours on 19 June at Liverpool England.

I would be very grateful for any responses.
Thank
Mia

ShadowRain

Hi there Mia,

Without looking at the chart I would like to say - trust your instinct. Something has told you that this person is not trustworthy. From what you're saying, my guess is that he will cause trouble. But don't try and pre-empt anything. Play it by ear, keep your head down and don't make any additional comments to him. He sounds like a person who likes to play people off against each other in order to gain advantage. He also sounds like a manipulator of note.

My horary skills are not good enough to answer your question astrologically. All I can give you is my intuition about the question. Be careful, but don't become paranoid. If he's going to turn on you, he'll do it regardless of what you do or say.

Don't know if this helps.

Shadow

Francesca

Hi, Mia. I have been in your situation myself,and sympathize. If you do not get someone to do a horary, pm either Draco or Blumen. They are both interested, and will probably respond.

archergirl

Hi Mia, I've taken a look at the chart, but can I confirm that you asked it at 05.28 hrs (AM) or was it a PM chart?

Thanks,
archergirl

ShadowRain

If I remember correctly, the time and place for a Horary question's chart is the time and place when the person (astrologer) doing the horary reads/hears the question and understands it. In the Horary Textbook (John Frawley, ISBN 0-9539774-3-9), Chapter 2 page 7 - Cast the chart for the moment the astrologer understands the question. In the past, the astrologer would usually have been sitting with the client when the question was asked. Today questions are often asked at a distance, both of time and space. ... It is the moment at which the astrologer reads or hears the question that is used for setting the chart, not the time at which the querent poses it.

Therefore, the time that Mia asked the question is not applicable for the person actually reading the chart - in my case, I would pull up a chart for 00:29 am for Pretoria, South Africa for today's date, if I were reading the question for the first time.

Shadow

laliqueviolin

I had friends like this, "open enemies".

First off, I want to assure you that he is quite jeopardizing his job, his reputation, his relations with others and that you can do equal damage(if not more) if he dares to pull off some stunt to get ahead. It would help if you wrote down and logged everything he tells you, emails you, tells other friends etc.,. just so as evidence within the future.

Sometimes people can genuinely say something and totally mean another and the sad part is that you actually believed them in the light of good. Don't, not in this situation. People do this to derive what reaction you might have and it gets their adrenaline rushing. They like the reactions, they like the information you give to them so they can play and see how it'll fit to their advantage. And no doubt they can truly be deceptive too, but there's a way how to not let them get away. Keep a log. Eventually you'll see something shady building up and he'll lose his stance. And like the others say, don't get involved. Don't talk to him about relations with others, just stay focused on your work... this is exactly what work is. Work. Not a gossip playground. Be professional about it. I'm sure you'll impress your bosses if you kept this important-but-forgotten quality in the work place.

I strongly feel if you logged everything, then it will give you the advantage when things come to the worst. Plus show that you are much more compentant by having INTEGRITY. How do you know that he is not bashing the Big Boss?

Be firm, don't let him get to you. In fact, you should be outraged by his mainpulative injustice. Personal problems stay out of the work, and he is bringing it all over the workplace, don't you agree? :mad:

Mia

Hello Everybody

Thanks to you all for your replies. The time was 05.28 hours a.m. and SS, as you commented I should be, I am outraged by his manipulitive injustice and I also agree with your comments regarding integrity etc.

The problem seems to be that our manager likes him (he too has got where he is through being manipulative and unscrupulous and I think he may see himself in this guy and so favours him) and he knows this and makes comments regarding how much he is favoured by management. He sycophantically follows the manager's every word and makes himself available because that's where he wants to be. I feel quite depressed about the whole thing at the moment and the type of company I work for. I ask myself: am I being idealistic and is this just the world of work and how things are done?

I have a job interview next week and I really can't seem to muster up any enthusiasm for the interview. I also heard yesterday that somebody inside the company is already lined up for the job so the interview process is just a formality. My confidence is also at an all time low so I don't even know if I'll attend yet, may be just a waste of time anyway if the job's already gone.

Well once again, thanks to you all for your replies
Cheers
Mia

Summery Joy

Hmmm. According to the horary, I don't think that the guy will cause too much trouble.

I got the ASC at Cancer 6:15. Your significator is the Moon at Aries 5:37 at the 11th house.

Although many people may consider this guy a 7th house issue as an open-enemy type, I lean more towards using houses that decribe the situation. Therefore, I will use the 6th house to rule him because he is a colleague of yours and you have to deal with him on daily basis. The cusp of the 6th house is in Scoprio (descriptive, huh?), thus his significator is Mars at Leo 9:20 in the 3rd house.

Any management of authority figure above you both is a 10th house issue. Interestingly, the job that you are applying to is also a 10th house issue because it is related to advancement or shift in your career. The cusp of the 10th house is at Aquarius (the sign of the unexpected.. keep this in mind), so the significator is Saturn at Leo 8:52 in the 3rd house.

The Moon (your significator) is received by Mars (your colleague's significator) by sign and face. This is a sign because this reception shows limitedness in the amount of harm that he could or would want to cause. Or maybe he just likes you ;). The Moon is essentially peregrine showing that there isn't much in your power you can do to alter the situation. However, the Moon does have accidental dignity by being in the 11th house. There is a merit about your situation that you do not recognize. Maybe you are too well connected to be harmed or maybe you have enough friends at work who would deny any false accusations that may be raised against you.

Mars (your colleague's significator) is received by Saturn by face and has just moved out of the term of Saturn. Saturn is the significator of management, so yes, your superior seems to favor him more. But Mars has moved out of the term of Saturn, is separating from a conjunction with Saturn and is in the sign of detriment of Saturn. The boss is not as crazy about your colleague as you think. In fact, it seems that he likes him less than before or he has already made enough use out of your colleague and thinks that that's enough.

To support this reading, Mars is essentially peregrine showing that your colleague doesn't have much power to do anything to alter the situation himself, for or against you. Moreover, Mars is accidentally debilitated by being cadent in the 3rd house. Maybe something is happening around him that is lowering his credibility. Your thinking that he is in a more powerful position than yours is an illusion because the 3rd house is a house of joy for the Moon; i.e. you think you'd be doing great or be powerful if you were in his position.

To get a yes answer to your question "'will this guy cause trouble for me?", we must find an application and/or translation or collection of light between your significators, preferably by a stressful aspect.

Well, it may seem for a second that the Moon is applying by a trine to Mars, a smooth aspect indicating a smoother-than-expected yes. However there is frustration as the Moon will perfect that trine with Saturn first before it reaches the degree of Mars. This is a No answer to your question. It is interesting that this frustration comes from a significator in this horary. Looking closely, the Moon's next aspect is actually that trine with Saturn, which may give us a hint of what will stop that colleague from harming you. Either you'll come to terms with the management before the guy manages to hurt your status or you will actually get that job you've applied for… or any other job for that matter.

The last lunar aspect in this sign is a sextile with the Sun in the 12th house. Everything will end ok and you will be relieved in the end. The Sun is a natural significator of men in general, so maybe you'll even make up with him... or with some other man who's involved.

Relax and keep us updated.

Mia

Hello Sorehearted

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you but wow! You are very good with horary and I hope you continue to develop your skills and be successful.

You mentioned the cusp of the 6th house (representing the situation) being Scorpio which is also his sign so very apt. You also said that there would perhaps be, 'limitedness in the amount of harm that he could or would want to cause or maybe he just likes you' and 'maybe you'll make up with him. You also said that perhaps I have many friends who would defend me in the situation.

All of this is correct. He apologised to me and I think he does basically like me. I think he is also very aware that others like me too - hence he would be limited in the amount of harm he could cause and I do believe he wouldn't want to in his heart of hearts either: there is a 'nice' side to him. It's just that he becomes very controlling and domineering at times (Scorpio!) and can be manipulative but I think he is more aware of this now.

It was very interesting how you described the boss, 'liking him less than before' and 'he's moving... 'something is happening which is lowering his credibilty'. Well, the boss IS moving in the way you decribed and also quite literally too. He's taking up management of another programme and we are to have a new manager. He apparently also does like my colleague less than before because he has been behaving in this domineering and controlling way towards the boss too! There have apparently been several outbursts and so yes, his credibility has lowered very much.

All in all Sorehearted, a very good analysis. The only thing is, I didn't get the job. I'm telling you this so perhaps you can review this in the chart. It may help with future horary interpretations. The teaching session went very well but I let myself down in the interview. But do you know what? I don't think I really wanted it. I don't feel I'm ready for a move just yet because of the way I'm feeling, (depressed) and would feel a fraud because I couldn't give it my all but I also hate the job I'm in so I'm just stuck for a while me thinks which is making me even more depressed!

Many thanks and regards and keep up the great work
Mia

Summery Joy

Hey,

I'm glad I was helpful.

About that iob, getting it was only one possible outcome of the aspect. It could simply mean you getting along better with the boss. However, like I said, the MC is in Aquarius, the unexpected. Who knows?

Best of luck.