Sappho

Does anyone have any good information on Sappho, in particular about Sappho in signs and houses?

I have sappho 2 degrees from my MC in Cap/9th house. I'm stuck on what to think of this because of a lack of info!

Any help would be appreciated! :)

pisceskitty

Hola 23:)

I believe you would be interested in getting the book:asteroid Goddesses The mythology, Psychology and Astrology of the re-emerging Feminine By Demetra George & Douglas Bloch. Here is a qoute from the book:

"The Greek Poetess Sappho represents the principle of romantic and artistic sensitivity. While dwelling on the island of Lesbos in the 6th century BC, Sappho presided over a young woman's academy of fine arts where she composed love poetry and lyrical verse. Sappho's love poetry evokes intimate, personal feelings of yearning, desolation, jelousy and rapture. Astrologically, Sappho serves as an intermediary in the octave progression that links venus and neptune. Sappho refines the venus vibration and sensitizes individuals to the emotions associated with their sexuality.
In chart analysis, Sappho is a significator of sensuality and sexuality, emotional extremes in love, poetic ability, and feminine education in the fine arts.Stressful placements of Sappho point to pontential difficultis in understanding or expressing love and sexuality as the individual learns to balance intimacy needs with other sides to the nature"

I hope this helps a bit!

Thank you, Pisceskitty! :)

I suppose in my case, I'd see Sappho in my chart as "taking the boys on in a career", since it is so close to my MC and also in Cap and 9th house (I am involved in a Sag-based profession). As for sexuality, I gotta think about that one a bit more!

BorX

I would wish to add in what Pisceskitty said :)

Sappho reprezents one's interest of the deeper aspects of life. It show's great curiosity in many different subjects, but usualy borness occurs and you leave things unfinished, because your searching for something better. It show's some of your ideals and disires, usualy the ones that require lots of space and freedom of choice.
Badly placed and hard aspects can give health disorder like : lungs, genitale organs, heart, stomach, breathing problems, hormonal abnormalities, accidents related to arms, shoulders or neck, hyper-agitation etc. Relational it can reprezent where you fell lonely and where you wish to have greater understanding and where you would disire to share your emotions. Badly aspected with a sexual planet ( Venus, Mars, Pluto and even Uranus ) can give lots of tensions, obsesions, frustations, agressive tendincies, the worst it can give it's homosexual tendincies or straight.
The lesson of Sappho is to give without askin in return, generousity, understanding, searching wisdom and discipline, perseverance and not to fear to be lonely or restricted.

Sappho in MC in Capricorn can give your tendicies to search a better understanding of your personal integrity and solitude work. You may encounter monotony, that will lead to many unfinished business or things. You usualy like to work alone when it comes to social and career business, but sometimes you disire to have someone to help you, like a business partener. Negative can give you rebelious or erratic tendicies too, but that can be solved bieng disciplined and work towards helping others and your personal goals whit modest work, but with effort and pacience.
9th house means you enjoy reading or finding high ideal information, you love freedom and don't like bieng lonely and can show some that you have some sort of lack of stability related to peace of mind ( hyper-agitation ).

I don't know if it's you, but I hope you will find the information you need.

Last edited:

freedomlover

I've been feeling that I needed to learn about Sappho, and how it applies to my chart. Interestingly enough, its placement in my natal chart is exactly conjunct my Venus at 22* Capricorn in the 1st house. This is conjunct the fixed star, Peacock, by 1 degree. ( Peacock - vanity and love of display, together with a long life and sometimes fame.) The Sun is just passing this degree, as well. The Sun/Saturn inconjunct that took place yesterday (Sunday, 1-14-07) was at this degree. I had a dream several months ago about this particular Sun/Saturn aspect, and then Sappho starts running through my mind - so there is a connection. I'm just unsure of what that is. Sappho's aspects, in addition to the Venus conjunction are:
Sappho/Cap/1 trine Uranus/Pluto conjunction/ Virgo/8
Sappho/Cap/1 sextile Neptune/Scorpio/10
Sappho/Cap/1 sextile Ceres/Pisces/2

I've read the information on this thread concerning Sappho, but am still too unfamiliar with it to tie it together in my chart. Would anyone like to help?

Last edited:

Belgianmoonguy

My Sappho is @ 18° Virgo in 1,
sextile Mercury (22° Cancer/ 11),
trine Venus (18° Taurus/ 9)
quincunx Jupiter (16° Aqua/ 6)
square Uranus (15° Sag/ 4)
sextile Saturn (22° Scorpio/ 3)
semisquare Pluto (2° Scorpio/ 3)

Sappho in 1...
My intrest in the deeper aspects in life are seen by everyone (cause it's in 1), and it's expressed in a Virgo way, so I approach this stuff analytical
?

Don't know, was just trying to cook some information myself...

SimplyRed

;) Thanks for the info

Interesting, my ascendant is 22 Capricorn, Aqua first house, Sappho is 2 degrees Aquarious, conjunct chiron and chiron/Venus midpoint

All the asteroids hold interest to me.

Thanks

Eros is another asteroid representing intense passion for what you enjoy doing by sign, house or especially conjunct angles and planets. Anyone notice this. Eros is either 433 or 344 for the number on astro .com

Guess for me it is Neptune, ruler of second house. Eros conjunct sun

Peacock and sappho, interesting combination

freedomlover

SimplyRed,

You wrote in another thread:

Just looked at your chart. Another venus in first house, MC ruled by Venus.
Since the ruler of my MC is Venus, and my Venus is in Cap conjunct Sappho and the fixed star Peacock.... does that mean that both Sappho and Peacock will influence my Midheaven? I'm still clueless as to what my Sappho means in my chart.

Interesting, my ascendant is 22 Capricorn
In the other thread you said that your NN was conjunct my AC - so 3* Cap? And your AC is conjunct my Venus. Hmmmm.... what could that mean?

Eros is another asteroid representing intense passion for what you enjoy doing by sign, house or especially conjunct angles and planets. Anyone notice this. Eros is either 433 or 344 for the number on astro .com

I am interested in further understanding of this, as well. My Eros is exactly conjunct my natal Saturn at 10* Pisces in the second. (And it is #433 on Astro.com ;) )

Thanks for your help! (Anyone else feel free to chime in, as well.)

SimplyRed

Eros means Passion for what you love to do.

Conjunct Saturn, you have a passion for structure, solid Real goals and ideas.
with Pisces, You are very serious about the art and soul of life.

I have an asteroid reference somewhere in my pile of cancer jupiter mess.

Sappho, I wonder about cause it is conjunct Chiron and some other importand midpoints.
Give and not expect anything in return. selfless love.

Here is another one Aphrodite
Associated with Venus, sex, love, and beauty

Pax, the asteroid when conjunct sun or ascendant, means a seeker of peace
Where in your chart is where you create peace for yourself and tranquility.

SimplyRed

pixiequix said:
Here is a snippet that was written by Phillip Graves on Sapphic qualities. Sorry there's nothing about the sign/house position. :eek: Sappho is at 2 Aries in my chart.

"Sappho signifies aesthetic refinement; the desire to bond deeply with or feel the same way as others. education of females in the fine arts; emotional extremes in love; friendship needs; poetic ability; romantic and artistic sensitivity; same-sex bonding that exceeds ordinary friendship; the sensitisation of individuals to their sexuality; sensuality; the sharing of aesthetics, artistry, interests and values; and sociability. Inharmonious aspects to Sappho indicate difficulties in forming close friendships; loneliness; problems in expressing or understanding love and sexuality; and trouble in balancing of intimacy needs with other areas of the personality. Sappho's natal sign placement shows what the individual does for or with close friends; while its natal house placement shows what he or she most needs to share. In synastry, Sappho highlights sensual and sexual attractions. Transits involving Sappho highlight common ground between people and accentuate interaction with close friends."

Thanks, have not heard sappho;s story explained this well.

Chiron, the wounded healer, teacher, musical, astrology, etc

I really wonder about this cause Sappho conjunct Chiron in my chart, along with Venus in Aqua first house. I did a midpoint sort not to long ago and put chiron in there. Chiron and Sappho are associated with all my planets.
Jupiter and Chiron midpoint is natal Neptune etc.
Chiron is 3 Aqua and Sappho is 2 Aqua, venus is 13 degrees.

Anyone with any thoughts on this.
I have friendships that have exceeded the normal bonding. Like the phone never rings, one or the other is calling and the other picks of the phone.
Frankly, when you have relationships like this, it is difficult to have just ordinary friendships.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I am just plain interested in finding out what Sappho means in the signs. I know my Sappho is in Virgo, I think it is in my 9th house conjunct my Moon in Virgo in the 9th. What does that mean?

Thanks all who reply

Mystic A

Almedia

Came across this thread on sappho and thought I might be able to compare notes from my synastry chart with whom I feel is the Love of my life and soul.

In Cancer My vertex exactly conjuncts his sappho.
In Virgo My Sappho exactly conjuncts his Mars.

Another interesting note on that Vertex / Sappho conjunction, his Sappho Sits directly on the cusp line of the 4/5 house. It falls into my 8th house. and is also opposite my Ceres in Capricorn 2nd house. So what could all of that mean ..
I think .... he is activating a turning point in my life that deals with what I hold valuable (2nd) both intrinsically and how I manifest it (8th) . Especially in the way that I care (cancer) for others , myself , and him . He evokes a motherly kind of " want to take care of things properly(capricorn ceres) " sense in me with this aspect. And this activates in him the feelings and depth that come with Sappho. It would manifest in the 4/5 house cusp for him. a blending of perhaps roots and family along with creative endeavors ( We have discussed starting a family together and it is important to us both) He has shown me a caring that is in tune with what I need and want. This manifests in the 8th house for me as those Motherly(cancer) manifestations ( 8th house ) of what I hold dear ( 2nd ) .

The other aspect being
In Virgo My Sappho (9th) exactly conjuncts his Mars (6th).
He gives drive to my Sappho and my Sappho aligns with his service drive (6th Virgo). This happens in my 9th house of higher education , religion, travel. In the sign of Service / analyzation ( Virgo) I teach 2nd grade right now :) but I am intensely interested in 9th house themes. He has actually represented many of those ninth house themes to me , he is older than I and more experienced. He has already begun exposing me to higher knowledge. Perhaps together we will use ourselves to be of service to something greater. Sounds Grand , but only time will tell what happens .

His Mars (virgo 6th ) is also in conjunction with my Moon /Saturn Conjunction (Leo 9th) which mirrors the theme of structured mother brought about in my 2nd house Capricorn Ceres which is activated by his Sappho opposition. Its almost like a mirror activation. a Theme.

Glad someone started this thread, It was an exercise for me to analyze, perhaps contribute something. :)

Attachments

• astro_61gw_15_01_rex_michele.72920.20138.jpg
    astro_61gw_15_01_rex_michele.72920.20138.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

fantasmo

Account Closed
Hello,

is a sappho vertex conjunct in Synastry something "special"? I guess not?!
But I was wondering if anybody has some interpretations of it... is that maybe an aspect which is only felt by ONE of the two?

(I currently have no houses, I only know it's two times Gemini)

Madina103005

I have my Sappho in my Virgo 10th house along with libra moon and with another asteroid makemake. What does this mean career wise.
Sappho is Squ Venus5°29’
Sappho Trine Mars 0°20’App
Sappho Squ Pluto 4°26

Humanitarian

Eros means Passion for what you love to do.

Conjunct Saturn, you have a passion for structure, solid Real goals and ideas.
with Pisces, You are very serious about the art and soul of life.

I have an asteroid reference somewhere in my pile of cancer jupiter mess.

Sappho, I wonder about cause it is conjunct Chiron and some other importand midpoints.
Give and not expect anything in return. selfless love.

Here is another one Aphrodite
Associated with Venus, sex, love, and beauty

Pax, the asteroid when conjunct sun or ascendant, means a seeker of peace
Where in your chart is where you create peace for yourself and tranquility.
I have Eros EXACTLY conjunct MC at 13 degree PISCES and my favorite job is very spiritual much like Sirian starseeds