relationship with mother

IleneK

Premium Member
hello everyone,

I'm looking for reasons why my son doesn't seem to bond with me and is not showing much affection, although I spend all my time with him and shower him with love and kisses. I think his birth chart might hold the explanation, but I don't know much about astrology. from what I've read so far, he seems to have several placements that indicate a bad relationship with the mother, rebellion against the mother, an emotionally dettached or absent mother (Aquarius Moon, Moon square Uranus, Moon in the 6th house). it all sounds almost impossible to me, since I'm the smothering type and my son is the apple of my eye. he is now still a young child, but I want to prepare for the future, to understand our differences and to learn how to nurture him the right way.

I would very much appreciate any opinions on the challenges that our relationship might be facing and how to overcome them.

thank you!

https://ibb.co/JqtMp1G

You are watery Sun and Moon.
Your Sun is in the sign of Cancer which signifies mothering/mother body/child and applies to conjunct Chiron the wounded healer, possibly in the challenging 8th house of your natal chart. So you likely have some kind of wound of your own, a wound around mothering, perhaps a wounded idea about what mothering should be?
Your Moon, also signifying mother/mothering/bond between mother and child, is in the sign of its fall, so not able to express itself comfortably. Not that it cannot express itself well, only that it cannot express itself well comfortably. And this may not be very well known to you with your natal Moon in the 12th.
I say all of this to let you know that you mothering is quite likely top rate, and it is your thoughts or doubts about it that may be the most troubling aspect of this for you.

So while you are steeped in water, your son has Sun and Moon in air. So he may likely not go in for or respond to his mother spending all her time with him showering him with love and kisses, as say, you might like, or even long for, as a child with Sun in Cancer. That doesn't mean he doesn't love you and won't form a warm bond with you. It is just the way it may be expressed may be cooler, more airy.

And instead of focusing us on the distinctions, I would look toward the commonality in the chart, which, I think, is significant and warmly encouraging. And that is the fire that you both share.
He has a fiery trine natally between a dignified Mars in Aries and Venus in Leo. And your Mercury, ruler of your thinking mind and communication, taps right into his important natal trine, conjunct his Venus. So you will understand and interact with that aspect of him well. The two of you will be able to share passions as he grows up and finds what fires him up in this life.
And your Jupiter is *right* on his ascendant to the degree. You will always be bounty, generosity, and plain old good luck to him.

There are inevitably so many challenges in a relationship with any other human being: you raised some of these in your opening post. What may be healing for you now is to direct your energies toward the gifts, the common ground, that you and your child together have been given to help see your way through the challenges. And that is a fiery warmth toward each other!

I am truly wishing you and your precious little one the very best.

Last edited:

jules91

I am truly wishing you and your precious little one the very best.

hello IleneK,
thank you for your answer! I do worry a lot about being a good mother. I think that I mother my baby the way I've always wanted to be mothered, but I fear that the best I have to offer is not what my child actually needs. I don't know how to balance that. I hope I will be able to adjust myself to my son's personality and needs. I will definitely take your advice and always look for common ground between us, especially as he grows up.
again, thank you and have a nice day!

creativei

hello everyone,

I'm looking for reasons why my son doesn't seem to bond with me and is not showing much affection, although I spend all my time with him and shower him with love and kisses. I think his birth chart might hold the explanation, but I don't know much about astrology. from what I've read so far, he seems to have several placements that indicate a bad relationship with the mother, rebellion against the mother, an emotionally dettached or absent mother (Aquarius Moon, Moon square Uranus, Moon in the 6th house). it all sounds almost impossible to me, since I'm the smothering type and my son is the apple of my eye. he is now still a young child, but I want to prepare for the future, to understand our differences and to learn how to nurture him the right way.

I would very much appreciate any opinions on the challenges that our relationship might be facing and how to overcome them.

thank you!

https://ibb.co/JqtMp1G

Link is not working plz provide birth details..

[link does work - realize that sharing personal birth data with strangers is highly risky - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator: