Syria and the US -Jupiter in Cancer opposition Pluto in Capricorn

CactusLand

I was very interested in hearing the opinions of mundane astrologers on this opposition and how it could relate to the Syrian conflict. America, being a Cancer country (the individual) opposed to Cap (the state). The last time we saw this direct opposition was in 1777...with all that has been disclosed with the NSA, and maybe even, this potential war, is the US on the brink of a new revolution? Throw in the Uranus square, and it does seem quite volatile. Would love to hear your thoughts!

poyi

Premium Member
Hello thank you for raising such an interesting question.

I might be wrong, just to share some information. According to my reference, Cancer rules New York in particularly but not the entire America as a country. Both obviously New York is the heart of USA.

As a country, from the same reference book, it seems to be Gemini ruling USA which is the detriment of Jupiter. Gemini also rules the lower Egypt.

Both England and Germany as a country they are ruled by Aries so that we see Uranus in Aries.

Leo rules Southern Iraq, Sun

Libra rules the Upper Egypt (I think including Syria) and China, Venus

Sagittarius rules Australia and Saudi Arabia so Jupiter, I guess Jupiter in Cancer here that might be related to Australian economy.

Capricorn itself rules India, Mexico, Afghanistan so Saturn, so we see that Pluto in Capricorn the raise of international awareness of the rapes, gang rape and murder in Indian Capital.

Aquarius rules Russia, Israel, so Uranus

I find Mundane astrology really fascinating so looking forward to hear more from astrologers that had done research on this area.

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
I didn't follow the news very well. But I am thinking of the Mars in Cancer and Jupiter in Cancer.

Mars will leave Cancer today, my Canberra time :happy:, it will enter into Leo then in future, Mars will trine Uranus in Aries. Not sure if by that time transit Sun might be in Libra.

Marinka

I was very interested in hearing the opinions of mundane astrologers on this opposition and how it could relate to the Syrian conflict. America, being a Cancer country (the individual) opposed to Cap (the state). The last time we saw this direct opposition was in 1777...with all that has been disclosed with the NSA, and maybe even, this potential war, is the US on the brink of a new revolution? Throw in the Uranus square, and it does seem quite volatile. Would love to hear your thoughts!

Transiting Pluto still has a way to go before opposing the natal sun in the USA chart (I use the 7/4/1776 @ 4:50pm sag rising). Pluto (ruler of 12) is at 9 cap and natal sun (ruler of 9th) at 13 Can, while it may cause an incident, I think it need to get closer and there needs to be more angles involved from other planets.

What is interesting is that transiting Jupiter is sitting right on the natal sun 13 cancer. Jupiter rules first and sun rules 9th so we might be seeing some involvement here.

Mars (transiting, ruler of 5th) is opposing natal pluto (ruler of 12th) so it might be that this action is meant to serve as a warning about the use of the gas.

Uranus (11 aries) moving to square the sun (13 can) is a concern but, uranus is retrograde and as such, moving away.

There are other configurations in the USA chart that I have been following that seem to be more ... potent.

Hello thank you for raising such an interesting question.

I might be wrong, just to share some information. According to my reference, Cancer rules New York in particularly but not the entire America as a country. Both obviously New York is the heart of USA.

As a country, from the same reference book, it seems to be Gemini ruling USA which is the detriment of Jupiter. Gemini also rules the lower Egypt.

Both England and Germany as a country they are ruled by Aries so that we see Uranus in Aries.

Leo rules Southern Iraq, Sun

Libra rules the Upper Egypt (I think including Syria) and China, Venus

Sagittarius rules Australia and Saudi Arabia so Jupiter, I guess Jupiter in Cancer here that might be related to Australian economy.

Capricorn itself rules India, Mexico, Afghanistan so Saturn, so we see that Pluto in Capricorn the raise of international awareness of the rapes, gang rape and murder in Indian Capital.

Aquarius rules Russia, Israel, so Uranus

I find Mundane astrology really fascinating so looking forward to hear more from astrologers that had done research on this area.

My interpretation is that the statement that USA is a Cancer country refers to the sun in cancer position.

poyi

Premium Member
I see. thanks for clarifying that.

There are so many charts for USA, really not sure which one to use to start with lol :biggrin:

poyi

Premium Member
I just heard the news after being out of the news for a while:sideways:

US, England, France are involved.

England and France are both as a country ruled by Aries, Uranus in Aries.

ptolomy

Hi all

There was a vote in the House of Commons last night on whether to intervene immediately in the attacks with illegal chemical weapons on the people of Syria, or wait for the UN's decision. I'm personally glad to say that our Conservative British government was defeated by a narrow margin,Because i believe we need a unified UN vote on how to proceed.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/aug/30/george-osborne-syria-vote

Also i'm not presently convinced that the Syrian government was behind the chemical weapon attacks on the people of Syria,If you check out 'Prison planet.com' Or'infowars.com' you will see alternative opinions that suggest the USA was behind these attacks.In my opinion i was expecting Israel to be involved.Either way,these two countries want to create a situation that leads to war with the Syrian Government.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDfhQlb_HSs

I suspect that there will be many Americans on this site who will disagree with my opinion.And i could be wrong because i don't have enough informed data to know what is happening.
Personally i don't want any warfare in this region as it will create enormous harm to all sides,And even lead to a WW3 situation.
I also believe that whatever is done we need a unified approach via the UN before we do any thing.So i'm glad to see that Britain is more likely to follow this approach now after last nights failed vote.It now appears that the US will be on its own with an early attack on the Syrian Government.

CactusLand

Hi Ptolomy,

As a passport holder of the country you mention, I can assure you I agree with you wholeheartedly...but I really feel much more affinity with my esoteric brothers and sisters across the world than with the whole passport, nationality thing.

I really feel the Jupiter in Cancer, Pluto in Capricorn opposition is emphasizing the conflict between the individual, his home and his will (Cancer) with the state, bureaucracy, armies, governments etc...(Capricorn). Pluto is death in a sense, the great cosmic shredder of lies. As he moved into Capricorn, the financial collapse began, and people have woken up to the Fed, the false flags, etc...this is coming to a head I feel with the Jupiter exalted in Cancer, opposing a very debilitated Capricorn.

What happened in the UK is heartening to many, Parliament stood up to the machine, at least on this issue.

How will this play out? The American revolution happened the last time we had this opposition, on July 4, 1776, Jupiter was in Cancer, and Pluto in Cap, and 12 years later, we got Bastille Day and the French Revolution, by which time Pluto had moved into Aquarius, and Jupiter was back in Cancer.

The financial system, the corporatacracy, the massive amounts of state backed violence, all of this will be brought out by Pluto in Capricorn, and there is hope with Jupiter supporting the home against the State. Lets hope this plays out well for the individual.

Hi all

There was a vote in the House of Commons last night on whether to intervene immediately in the attacks with illegal chemical weapons on the people of Syria, or wait for the UN's decision. I'm personally glad to say that our Conservative British government was defeated by a narrow margin,Because i believe we need a unified UN vote on how to proceed.

Also i'm not presently convinced that the Syrian government was behind the chemical weapon attacks on the people of Syria,If you check out 'Prison planet.com' Or'infowars.com' you will see alternative opinions that suggest the USA was behind these attacks.In my opinion i was expecting Israel to be involved.Either way,these two countries want to create a situation that leads to war with the Syrian Government.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDfhQlb_HSs

I suspect that there will be many Americans on this site who will disagree with my opinion.And i could be wrong because i don't have enough informed data to know what is happening.
Personally i don't want any warfare in this region as it will create enormous harm to all sides,And even lead to a WW3 situation.
I also believe that whatever is done we need a unified approach via the UN before we do any thing.So i'm glad to see that Britain is more likely to follow this approach now after last nights failed vote.It now appears that the US will be on its own with an early attack on the Syrian Government.

Marinka

Hi all

USA behind the chemical attacks ???? I do disagree with this opinion but, I do not disagree with your right to state it or to believe in it.

I could also put out some alternative theories ... like maybe that aliens could be behind the attacks or maybe that China would like to stir up some trouble ... maybe Russia did this or maybe even North Korea ... and while one of these could be true, not enough proof for me to consider it. If others want to consider it, that's up to them.

If the Syrian leader ended up being assassinated or being taken over in a revolt, then maybe the USA was involved as it has acted in that way before by supporting rebels - but a chemical attack that kills innocent civilians - that's not the style of the USA.

Neptune Rising

I am also pleased that the UK decided against joining the others in pushing this war with Syria. For once, the protesters were listened to. I am not sure how long this will last though if they do go ahead with strikes.

The Syrian leader Bachar Al Assad chart is here. I think its important to also consider this and what is happening. I haven't had a chance to look at progressions or returns, but just glancing at that chart, I see Saturn is heading to conjunct his Mars/Neptune conjunction, very military feeling to it. Time of birth unknown.

Transiting Pluto will also conjunct his Saturn/Mars midpoint next year. Saturn and Mars feel military to me, but with Pluto aspecting both simultaneously I am not sure how that will play out.

Last edited:

ptolomy

Hi all

Sorry for my provocative talk,I have a natal Mars in Gem/10th.And sorry Cactus Man for taking your original thread off topic ,Lol i cant help myself looking for Syrian threads and wanting some action :)
Anyway back on thread>>>
Syria and the US -Jupiter in Cancer opposition Pluto in Capricorn
Hi CactusMan again,I personally don't find the Jupiter transit through Cancer as Significant as the transiting Pluto Opposition the natal US Sun,But using the two transits together i find the Jupiter part much more interesting,Especially whilst the time that Jupiter also transits the US Sun by conjunction,This is bound to inflate whatever Pluto is doing by opposition to the US Sun,I understand Jupiter opposition Pluto as an over relating type of issue,Transiting Pluto was at 27:32:57 on the 4th July 1776,Opposition natal Mercury in Cancer at 24:11:50.So Pluto has an affinity with the US mundane chart with it being at the end of Capricorn,And now,not many years before it has its return to 27:32:57 Cap.
Jupiter will get to 20:30 Cancer on the 5th of November 2013,Then retrograde back to 10:27 Cancer on March March 5th 2014.At which point it will be working very powerfully with the transiting Pluto/Uranus square,Somewhere around here would appear to me to be a particularly sensitive time and a finishing of Jupiter's business with the early part of the cardinals.
This backwards and forwards sweep will have an affect mainly on the US Sun at 13:10:22 Can,And the US Saturn square at 14:48:20 Lib,So i suspect this will be particularly activating the US tendency to behave as the worlds Policeman,Or Superhero,Unfortunately the US has a tendency to bomb what it considers the protagonist into the ground,And to ignore World UN law,Despite the fact that the US was never diplomatically voted into this Policeman's job.
Witness the fantastic amount of Superhero characters in US comics,This has a lot to do withe US tendency to want to be an unelected Policeman for the World via the natal Sun square Saturn energy.
I would consider the Grand cross at the end of 2014 as very significant, with Mars at 11:32 Libra,Jupiter at 16:05 Cancer,Uranus 8:40 Aries and Pluto 11:15 Capricorn,This is bound to be a very active Cardinal point.Generally when i see a Cardinal stress like this i know something is bound to happen almost immediately in response to the configuration.