any polygots here?

tikana

hey guys/gals

Do we have any polyglots here?

if yes, post your chart.. i am curious !

T

Last edited:

memento mori

u mean polyglots ? :confused:

for what it's worth i speak my motherlanguage , serbian. i understand it's derrivates. im excellent at english , ok at german and i can watch tv on spanish and italian though i cant speak,.

i've always learned languages easy [latin excluded :p].

edit: and i showed will to learn arab for a while. i've learned some phrases and then afterwards went through the book for dummies...

Last edited:

Charm

I speak Spanish, French, English, and have an aptitude for learning foreign languages. I have moon conjunct Saturn in house 9. Saturn rules my sun which is also on house 3 cusp. I think that reflects the language aptitude.

Attachments

• Natal Chart.gif
    Natal Chart.gif
    31 KB · Views: 36

Moulin

I only speak english, american and australian fluently :)

ruler of my 3rd is in my 4th so l probably never get to leave home long enough to learn any languages lol

gaer

Re: any polyglots here?

I probably have way above average ability at languages considering that I live in a place where foreign languages are simply not encouraged.

Although Spanish is almost a second language when I live (South Florida), I didn't know anyone who spoke it when I was young. I had to take it in high school, but starting in the 9th grade is really stupid, and my teachers were terrible. I didn't have any interest at that time.

But I taught myself to read German starting about age 30 and receive emails in that language daily from friends there. I've been told it is very unusual to teach yourself a language, and again I knew NO ONE who spoke German here.

Nothing in the 9th, but I have Mercury and Mars in the 3rd. My approach has always been more like decoding a new language or deciphering it than absorbing it. :)

tikana

Gaer

i taught myself german and i am trying to learn Faroese language just for the kicks

yeah it is very unsual.. it makes me think 3rd house and 9th house must be involved

T

memento mori

tikana said:
Memento mori

you got 9th packed with ruler of 3rd sitting in 9th!

makes sense

T
to be honest, most of the stuff i've learned was just for the kicks of it.

it's been a dream of mine to leave the country for as long as i can remember. And foreign languages/cultures really interest me. Their mentality. I'm also very interested in philosophy . That all goes to things related to my 9th. I related it more to high education stuff and my desire to write something memorable when the time comes. i've been suggested to write travel journals etc.. Btw i do most of my writing in a foreign language [english] so it all works out

---

It's impressive that you thought yourself german. Kudos !

gaer

tikana said:
Gaer

i taught myself german and i am trying to learn Faroese language just for the kicks

yeah it is very unsual.. it makes me think 3rd house and 9th house must be involved

T
I think so to. Though the chart I saw for you before had Jupiter in the 9th. Have you changed your estimation of the BT?

Stacey5271

My native language is English. I also speak fluent French. I can understand a lot of German from having lived on the French/German border. And through my knowledge of French, understanding the other romance languages comes pretty easy to me. At work, I'm surrounded by English, French, Portugese and Spanish. Foreign languages are a large part of my daily life. Even when listening to people speak other foreign languages, I can hear the break between words meaning that although I can't understand them, I can generally tell when one word ends and another begins. I figured that out during my last pedicure with the Asians.

Attachments

• stacey.PDF
    71.2 KB · Views: 23

AineB

I'll jump in too.. I currently speak English and Japanese, and a smattering (meaning I can handle the basics! LOL!) of Spanish, German, Dutch, Italian, French, and Korean. I've tried learning Russian and Chinese, but they're a little tougher for me. My grandfather spoke 5 langauges and my dad knows some basic communication in various languages for his work. My hubby has lived all over the world so has learned a little bit of different languages too. :) Nothing really popping out at me in the chart though...

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_03_me_hp178036216.gif
    astro_w2gw_03_me_hp178036216.gif
    27.8 KB · Views: 29

flea

My brother speaks five languages fluently, and has sun conj mars in 9th, 9th ruler moon in 8th, and 3rd ruler in 7th. It was a relationship that started hime learning another language first and then the others came later.

Love Light Flea

flea

my brother has the italian french etc and also dutch. This ability has all come out after school too!! I only have one, probably because I am lazy with some things, and well I live out here in OZ.

Flea XX

memento mori

tikana said:
Flea

that is awesome

i catch languages fast as well .. Germanic languages come extremly fast. i have a hard time learning french/spanish/latin based languages... I tried! no luck, sherlock!

T

spanish is easy, it getts in the ear... but french... yikes... worst language ever. never even tried it

tikana

Memento

Spanish hurts my ears.. and i live in arnoldfonia
I luv portugese language

spanish is a pure torture!

T

Last edited: