10th and 4th house and parents

JayM

Hello

I am wondering if anyone can give me some insights into this configuration and my parents influence in my chart.

In whole sign my saturn and pluto in scorpio are in my 10th and my moon is in my 4th and im not sure what that says about which parent. In some other threads I have read that the 10th house is the mother and the 4th house is the father. I think that saturn and pluto in my 10th might indicate some kind of abuse or manipulation from my mother (I dont know if this happened when I was very young), but I am not sure if this configuration might imply any criminal activity because it looks like it does, and im not sure how my moon represents my father. I know that my mom is very manipulative with the moon/pluto opposition and my dad also has the moon/pluto square (taurus moon like me in the 11th and pluto in the 2nd) and they both have aries stelliums (mom has sun/venus/mer/jupitor in the 12 and my dad has sun/venus/merc/mars in the 10th).

In the past I have been (I think indirectly) placed in the middle of my parents conflicts financially because alot of years ago I was forced a fiew times to ask my dad for money that I knew he would not want to give. Im not sure where my nodes fit into this but if you have any information or insights I would appreciate them.

One other thing is that I know that my brother, who has a sun in aqua, moon in cancer, and AC in scorp has his pluto in his 12th house which I have read has to do with some kind of power struggles with the parents, which I know was a manipulative atmosphere, and my mom who also has her stellium in opposition to neptune and saturn in libra, has pluto in her 4th house which would indicate some kind of obsession, and she has mars in scorp in her 6th.

Thank you

Attachments

• Astro Chart Jay2.GIF
    Astro Chart Jay2.GIF
    26.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Lin

I usually begin by assuming the Moon represents the nurturing and feminine parent, as the moon is ruled by Cancer, the sign of nurturing and security (and tenacity - because the child in the womb must be "held onto.")

Saturn represents "big daddy", the boss, the controller, the builder, the head of the family.....so usually that is the father.

However, when you have moon oppose Saturn, often the 'core' traits of the people involved are similar...as in Taurus and Scorpio, so I can see why it would be confusing. Read up on both of those signs and accept that this is the tug of war that goes on in your parents lives.

IF you had to have that polarity in the Moon and Saturn, having the Moon in Taurus, Saturn in Scorpio is more desirable than the other way around. Believe me.
LIN

CapAquaPis

Family conflicts aren't what many people publically discuss, then again we need some help from each other to handle common problems we all face in parent-child relationships.

What could strained my father-son togetherness:
I have Saturn (Lilith seems to hover it) in my 3rd-Virgo slowly entering Libra which is the 4th contains Pluto and Uranus in Scorpio then Neptune in Sagittarius. In Virgo, I have a Mars-Jupiter conjunction with the true node in 29 degrees Leo, abit crossing into the 3rd house/sign of Virgo, one of 2 signs associated with maternal influences along with my Cancer rising.

And to describe a bond of mother and son:
The planet Venus and dwarfs Ceres and Eris are in the 10th lying in Aries and when I have Mercury in Pisces (9th), Chiron in Taurus (11th) and the Sun/Moon in Aquarius determines my complete individual sense of self: I'm what's called a "Mama's boy" :pouty: (anyone knows not to call any man that pejorative insult) in the closeness I have been with her. Saturn rules Aquarius and Capricorn which descended on me, then my Dad's sign is Sagittarius occupied by its ruling planet Neptune as malefic worlds.

I share much of your dilemmas in tolerating my parents' troublesome lives when it comes to health, wealth, family planning and marital problems: my parents divorced 25 years ago when I was 7...and Mom never remarried. I have a more powerful mother (a Taurus, feminine-earth-fixed sign) than a dominating yet rejected father and still the "Mama's boy" near co-dependency enforced by my autism and financial woes. My Moon and Sun near-opposite Saturn as well Mars and Jupiter near true node.

Last edited:

JayM

Thanks for your replies but what do you think pluto in the 10th has to do with?

Yes Lin I know because moon in scorpio is not an easy placement to begin with so opposing a saturn in taurus would be alot harder.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Thanks for your replies but what do you think pluto in the 10th has to do with?

Yes Lin I know because moon in scorpio is not an easy placement to begin with so opposing a saturn in taurus would be alot harder.

Jaym, the transit of Pluto in 10th (esp. heightened affecting Taurus or Libra when the sun and/or pluto falls in those signs) can trigger a dark family secret to tear the family apart and gives off a negative energy for developed odiuous feelings of shame, jealousy or disapproval between mother and child. (the red face isn't what I feel right now, just what Pluto makes us feel).

JayM

I meant natal pluto in whole sign. Are you talking about transiting pluto or natal pluto?

What does natal pluto in the 10th conjunt MC do?

Also the placement of saturn and pluto, does that indicate criminal activity because I read somewhere that it might.

Last edited: