How many degrees of Virgo is my rising sign?!

glyttergyrl

Hi, I hope someone can help me! I'm trying to work out my own birth chart for the first time. Assuming I was born in London, my rising sign is 12 degrees of Virgo however, I was born in Birmingham UK. For signs of short ascension I'm supposed to take off 4 degrees for signs of long ascension or take off 0.5 degrees for signs of short ascension. If my sun sign is aquarius (short ascension) and my rising sign is virgo (long ascension) do i take off 4 or 0.5 degrees?!

I was born Feb 15th 1982 at 18.40 and birmingham is at the following longitude and latitude. 52N29 1W51.

Cheers for any help!

Helen. x

wilsontc

Staff member
Easy answer

Helen,

The easy answer is go to http://www.astro.com and create your own chart for free. Then, after you get the result, work backwards and try to figure out the calculations it would take to get that result.

Working backwards,

Tim

glyttergyrl

Thanks Tim, it seems all sites have a slightly different result. Astro.com gave me 11 degress of virgi so It must be the 0.5 degrees I take off.

Helen. x

wilsontc

Staff member
DST

helen,

Astro.com is the best site out there, used by many astrologers all over the world. Many sites have a problem handling time conversion issues so the user accidentally makes Daylight Savings Time (DST) errors, causing their charts to be off. Astro.com automatically and accurately converts all local time into the correct DST so you get the right chart. Enjoy your astrological studies!

Doing the DST rap,

Tim

Missa

Re: DST

wilsontc said:
helen,

Astro.com is the best site out there, used by many astrologers all over the world. Many sites have a problem handling time conversion issues so the user accidentally makes Daylight Savings Time (DST) errors, causing their charts to be off. Astro.com automatically and accurately converts all local time into the correct DST so you get the right chart. Enjoy your astrological studies!

Doing the DST rap,

Tim

Except when you're born when the daylight saving time changed to winter time. My birth time repeats during the day, and astro.com automatically makes it for the winter time. For a long time I was interpreting a wrong chart, before I accidentally noticed it. :wink:

wilsontc

Staff member
Report to webmaster

Missa,

If there is an error in the way astro.com calculates time, I strongly urge you to report it to the astro.com webmaster at webmaster@astro.ch . He is very good at responding to all information requests and at correcting any errors in astro.com's atlas.

Suggesting informing astro.com,

Tim