The Saturn/uranus opposition 2008

GeminiSagRising

lillyjgc said:
Hi GemSagrising!
Yep! It sure would. Look at those oppositions from your first house to your seventh! The current transiting sat/ur opposition will fall across your third /ninth axis too- and mercury's there in the seventh, so conflicts could intensify over the period of the transit.
Having Ur/Sat so closely conjunct right on your ascendant could indicate an inner conflict that is expressed through the seventh, others.There's no doubt those oppositions could cause a lot of sudden destabilising upheaval in your life.Has that happened?
Cheers,
Lillyjgc

Oh yes. I lived with my Abusive alcoholic mother until I was 16, went into the foster system at 16, then randomly moved to Arizona as kind of a spur of the moment decision a year ago.

Gwenyhfair

Saturn and uranus have left me this year, after years of harrassment to personal planets, and a saturn return a few years back. This constellation interests me since I have a friend who's b-day is these days. At their Solar return the Sat/uran opposition will be on the Asc-Desc-axis. I do believe this person is up for extreme changes. But will they be negative or positive I can't say. This is a case where everything is possible, even death. But I tend to think saturn on the AC means the person will stabilise while uranus on the D means a new beginning in relationships. But nothing comes out easy

:)

R4VEN

Thank you for that article, lillyjgc. I found it very interesting and enlightening.
Whilst I totally disagree with the tone and approach of one of the posters on this thread, I kinda agree with some of what he's saying in that I believe that the effects of Saturn-Uranus opposition are more likely to be social & political that geophysical. The latter involves other astrological aspects.

My purpose in posting this comment is to bring in another astro transit which is coming up in 2-3 years, and had its beginnings in the 1960's.
Just as the Saturn-Uranus opposition of 1965 opened the door to huge social and political upheaval, so (I believe) is the current opposition in its potential to change the current direction of the planet. I remember 1965 as still being very socially conservative here in Australia. It was in 1965 that the boys at my high school began wearing shorts and knee-high socks on hot days, when the `official' school uniform demanded they wear long trousers. The boy who began the trend was called into the Principal's office to state his case. We girls were thrilled when he won - all those boys' legs!
However, real social change was another year or two away, and that happened with the added impetus of the Pluto-Uranus conjunction in Virgo.
From 1966 onwards it was like the whole world as we knew it turned upside down. The ultimate healing of the planet and its people was top of the agenda. However, the people who began this revolution (chiefly baby-boomers) got side-tracked during the 70's and 80's.

This time round, the current Saturn-Uranus opposition is to be closely followed by the completion of the social revolution which began in 1965 & 1966. The first sqaure of Pluto-Uranus since the conjunction of 1966 takes place in 2012. When people marched in the streets of Australian cities ( in the late 1960's) in protest against the war in Vietnam we believed that our voices would be heard - and they were - and that wars would be no more. We were wrong.

Perhaps this time we'll be heard. I have immense hope and optimism in our ability as a species to change direction by altering the value system which underpins all our lives. For many of us, the revolution of the 60's never actually ended, but did get put aside for a while. I'm not suggesting we drag out our tie-dyed shirts, or dust off our Bob Dylan LP's. Just that we open our eyes to the oneness of the planet, and that what hurts a struggling family in Zimbabwe ultimately hurts us all.

gamzatti

Thankyou very much for this informative post have only just found it.It has gone some way to reassure me as being a bit of a greenhorn when I checked my solar return chart and saw Saturn in virgo opp Uranus in Pisces felt a bit concerned,not really taking on board of course they would be in opposition in all charts. Also interestingly when the last time this opposition occured in reverse starting in March 1964 through to September 1964 it must have been good for me as we got engaged in March 64 and married in September 64. I have natal Uranus in Taurus 5th conj Jupiter ,and Saturn in there as well. Husband has Saturn in Aries 12th and Uranus in Taurus in the 1st. Of course when I saw this opposition in his solar R as well I thought oh! how stupid can you get they say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.How true. I can't post charts as haven't learnt how to do this yet. I would think that this opposition is most likely have repercussions to do with my house of children and creativity.If this is so it has shown effects already as my two daughters have fallen out.

byjove

Account Closed
Well, it's Sept. 15th 2009 and we are two days away from the sun joining Saturn in Virgo, opposing Uranus in Pisces. What does that mean? Would Saturn limit the power of the sun for a few days? Would the 17th then be a 'trigger' day, when something just gives?

Also, someone mentioned that natal trines to these opposers could result in positive change. I've my natal sun and Saturn in an exact trine, Uranus trine sun 5.5 degrees, Saturn and Uranus conjunct. Tranisiting Saturn is at the end of my 3rd house, will be conjunct IC in December, Uranus at the end of my 9th house, almost conjunct natal Merury conjunct MC. Sizeable opposition! Would the natal trines between Sat conj. Ur and my sun help me now? I've been having huge problems with college lately (education, 3rd house), and it's come to a standstill. Last Friday, when the sun transited by conj. my natal Virgo moon, I received excellent news on this. Yesterday, that news was obliterated. So what now when the sun joins Saturn in 2 days time?

gemini59

I think too we should see something around the new moon as the moon can be a secondary timer but mars and the sun definitely primary. I am thinking the mars square in Gemini was also probably the trigger. I think the sun will have a more positive note than the mars square which was a rough one for me. Though Saturn and uranus in my natal chart do not conflict mars and uranus are conjunct in the natal.

gemini59

Beautiful story and yes, the elephant does seem to speak...through its mystery....
Thank you for sharing this.
I am keeping a look out myself ....lots of odd things in the news here...

barbh

Account Closed
It's been quite the week.

On Tuesday, the day of the exact opposition, I came home to find that there was a complete police shut down of my apartment building complex. There was a shooting just steps away from my building, a targeted crime where two men were shot, so the dogs, helicopters etc... were all out in force. The thing is, I live in a very quiet suburb where this stuff never ever happens. Drama for sure.

As for my own personal chart, Uranus is right on my natal Mars in Pisces in the 8th, and Saturn is opposing it. What has been happening for the last few months has actually been a really good thing. :biggrin: I've finally been learning how to control my empathic abilities!! My whole life I've taken other people's feelings/energies on, unconsciously, and always wondered why I felt so sick. Its only been this last year or two that I've realized I'm an empath, and half the stuff I felt wasn't even mine! I've figured out techniques now, through experimentation, so I can actually be myself most of the time! I thought this transit of Uranus especially, on my Mars, really spoke of how I'm revolutionizing how I'm acting/being in the world. Pisces being so impressionable and sensitive and has a hard time with boundaries, and Saturn making me figure it out!
Quite amazing.

barbh

gemini59

Today...I began a melt down. With Virgo moon at 22'58 in the 6th (ruler of 4th and 5th) it seems it has been building with a lot of illness, problems with daughter, car trouble....I feel depressed and impulsive...not a good situation...the fact that Venus and neptune are also squaring natal jupiter in the 8th is not so good either...I keep looking around for 'a way out' like driving off the top of our parking garage or baking oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and eating them till I drop, or just crawling in my bed for a few days...or ending a relationship that I have been incredibly and stupidly patient with for too long. I know this will pass. Interestingly, it did not start till the moon crossed into my sixth house and conjoined natal Pluto ruler of 8th. It is all a jumble of overwhelming feelings that I can not seem to sort through....I guess that is the key...to stay calm till the feelings ca be sorted through.

gemini59

Good idea...I did recall that I have as a final dispositer...saturn:) in the 10th ....I do feel withdrawal is my best option today. I can not seem to handle any conflict maybe because it feels like there is so much inside I feel like I will snap if I let it out. My poor teenage daughter got mad this afternoon and threw her cell phone...HELLO ( no pun intended)...it of course broke. One thing about technology it does not like being thrown.
For some reason right now...I feel like I might be over the worst of it. I wonder where the moon is now....15 degrees virgo....don't know if its the calm before the storm or the storm is over as the energy is now incorporated...hmmm....will keep an eye out....

gemini59

I expected more from the sun conjunction saturn particularly for me with so many of my natal at or close to that degree. It seemed most of what was going to transpire happened with the square from mars. I did have the melt down but seemed to work my way through it. I was particularly careful about trying to dump my 'overemotional state' (Neptune, venus and jupiter square natal jupiter) and my 'depressed state (saturn conjunct moon) on to others. In a way astrology did help as I suspect I could have easily blown up but I also feel saturn had almost a restraining effect on me emotions thus in many ways could reason my way through things.
Uranus is traveling through my 12th house. It will exactly oppose moon again on the retrograde at 22'58. I am wondering if my subconscious fears will finally burst through with saturn not sitting as a restraint. Hmmmm....it has been an interesting few days.
The new moon heralded a new lunar return for me with sun, saturn, and moon occupying the 11th houseLast night I took my children to their home coming dance, played cards with my sons girlfriends parents, drove her home at 2:00 am. Okay this may sound ordinary but for me...very outside any routine..I hardly socialize...too insecure around folks..

piercethevale

Hi. I posted this at the thread I started on the Sabian analysis of this Sarurn/Uranus event...but it is just as appropriate here too.
ptv

Hers's something of supporting interest written by Dane Rudhyar from his book "Astrology of Transformation", it's an excerpt from the book that I found over at the khaldea.com/Rudhyar archival project...which I thoroughly recommend...they do ask for a donation to use their web-site but it is not enforced.

" In the great majority of cases, planetary nodes are of no real meaning in the lives of human beings. They acquire at least potential meaning when a person, as a participant in a sociocultural whole, can be considered a mouthpiece or channel for the operation of collective forces. If the person has reached the stage of individual development at which he or she is actually conscious of what happens through his or her being, then the transpersonal level has been reached; but if there is no consciousness of being an agent of some supersocial and supercultural Power, but only a kind of unconscious mediumship the person still operates at the sociocultural level.
At that level, the trans-Saturnian planets — Uranus, Neptune and Pluto — also act mainly in an indirect and collective manner; that is to say, they operate through changes occurring in the society or culture as a whole — for instance, as changes in life-style, fashion, and education, or changes in the political and economic structure of a nation. To the great majority of people living in more or less normal and relatively stable periods of cultural and political evolution, such changes cause a minimum of personal problems; people readily adjust to them. Yet, since the process of individualization has reached a stage at which it has become a public issue, and the attainment of a state of conscious, free and autonomous individuality is presented in one form or another all over the globe as the ideal goal of human evolution, the trans-Saturnian planets play a critical role even at the sociocultural level of astrological interpretation." [Dane Rudhyar]

http://khaldea.com/rudhyar/astrology.shtml

DANE!

Attachments

• Dane!.jpg
    Dane!.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

R4VEN

" In the great majority of cases, planetary nodes are of no real meaning in the lives of human beings. They acquire at least potential meaning when a person, as a participant in a sociocultural whole, can be considered a mouthpiece or channel for the operation of collective forces. If the person has reached the stage of individual development at which he or she is actually conscious of what happens through his or her being, then the transpersonal level has been reached; but if there is no consciousness of being an agent of some supersocial and supercultural Power, but only a kind of unconscious mediumship the person still operates at the sociocultural level.
At that level, the trans-Saturnian planets — Uranus, Neptune and Pluto — also act mainly in an indirect and collective manner;
Given Dane Rudhyar died in 1985, the above was certainly true for those alive prior to that date - as I have observed this. For instance, my parents were both born prior to 1920, and they lived a very `collective' existence, and reacted to the world upheavals brought about by 2 world wars and one serious economic depression as their collective determined. To have stepped out and made decisions which were personally beneficial to them, but outside the collective's norms was unthinkable to them.

I would love to have Rudhyar writing about now. His views would be interesting! Those who are young now, and being born now are `different', and they are opening up us all. In light of this, I disagree with what Rudhyar said about the effects of the Moon's Nodes.

I could go on and qualify my reasons in more detail, but I'm restraining myself.

gemini59

I reread this whole thread. I have been on such a journey since this post first started that I thought it would be interesting to share it now. It is quite odd really. It started really around March when my daughter started having trouble. Then Began heating up June, as saturn came closer to the conjunction of natal moon in the 6th and square to sun in Gemini in the 3rd as well as sextile Jupiter in the 8th. A lot has happened.
1. my mothers doctor called saying, in essence, he was concerned about my mother and felt it was time she went to some sort of 'assisted living' situation. My sisters and I got together and made a plan to move her to my sisters house in Penn.
2. I underwent a double hernia operation (Virgo-abdomen/Gemini=multiple).
3. It seems everything was falling apart ie my car, my tv, my computer, my hot water heater, my air conditioner....
4. my teenage daughter got in trouble (moon ruler of 4th and 5th and Jupiter ruler of 9th) and we had some interesting times...still continuing too
5. I was diagnosed with basal cell skin cancer and had to have two cancers removed from my face (in August) Saturn rules skin..
6. we teamed up to have a massive yard sale of my mothers 50 years of accumulated stuff and mom gave me her tv, computer, and let me take over her car . As if by magic a received a $500 bonus on an old closed case which covered most of the hot water heater costs. The air conditioner is limping along and my repair guy is having trouble with his mothers health so has not been able to assist which is fine as I don't have the money
7 . I did find an old stamp collection in the garage that was my grandfathers. For like a month I delved in to philatelists world trying to decipher the value of stamps going back to the 1800s. Interesting...may have a few with some relative value. Stamps third house??
Anyway.....lots and lots of very odd, dramatic, strange, wonderful, scary stuff...
and that is my Uranus/saturn opposition story...right now!
My AC/DC line is at 5' 40 Aries/Libra and MC/IC with a Saturn/mercury opposition is at 3' Capricorn/Cancer .....little nervous about that one....

gemini59

I don't know....my father called me this morning not himself. He started talking about a will. Something about the timing was disturbing as well as his tone. Pluto will conjunct natal Saturn in the 10th this coming year at 3' 38 Capricorn. I see that Pluto is direct again. I feel quite odd ....