Using astrology to get insight on my career crisis

Hi, guys. I am a recent graduate and I am interested in philosophy and more specifically philosophical questions about math and economics (my two primary subjects in college). I am thinking of applying to PhD programs in mathematical philosophy/logic. I am worried about (a) not getting in (b) having no job security after my studies.

Does my chart validate this career path? What does my chart say about my career? I have a broad background and broad interests, and I am very confused about which direction I should go in. Attaching my chart here for your reference! Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_siddhant.70897.14717.png
    astro_w2gw_siddhant.70897.14717.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

waybread

I think you should do all right.

Jupiter is the planetary ruler of higher education. It is domiciled in Pisces and in your 10th house of career.

In fact, the water element is very strong in your chart. Water symbolizes emotions, feelings, and spirituality. Not very analytical, I'm afraid, but you probably know how to "trust your gut" in making important decisions.

It's a bit wide and out-of-sign in places, but you also have a kite formation involving your sun, Jupiter, Neptune, and Pluto. The apex is in the 8th house, suggesting an interest in "occult" matters.

Are you familiar with the book, Is God a Mathematician? by Mario Livio?

I haven't seen him here lately, but if you can find posts by Monk, some of them show an extraordinary grasp of what I would call a spiritual dimension of mathematics.

Harmelia

Hi, guys. I am a recent graduate and I am interested in philosophy and more specifically philosophical questions about math and economics (my two primary subjects in college). I am thinking of applying to PhD programs in mathematical philosophy/logic. I am worried about (a) not getting in (b) having no job security after my studies.

Does my chart validate this career path? What does my chart say about my career? I have a broad background and broad interests, and I am very confused about which direction I should go in. Attaching my chart here for your reference! Thanks in advance!

Hi there oscillatingbetween!
I’m looking at your chart. Your ASC on the cusp – so you have Cancer and Gemini vying for your attention. And then your Sun is 29-54 degrees Cancer – almost a Leo – so again you’re on the cusp. You may feel Leo pulling at you.

I do see the philosophy. It’s all tied in with your South Node past life. It looks like you’re carrying this interest over from the past life – and there’s a wound attached to it. I think it has something to do with having your head in the clouds – thinking of lofty philosophical or religious things. In your past life you were an academic type – and you will feel an affinity with it.

What I’m getting looking at your chart is that the motion forward has more to do with thinking about yourself – what you need to be happy and fulfilled. It is more about how you communicate with others – the details of what you personally perceive and understand. There’s a difference between philosophical questions and personal questions. The movement forward is about paying attention to the more personal perceptions. What do you see, hear, know? What do you think and communicate on a personal level verses a theoretical level or humanitarian level?

That said, your Sun and Moon are in 2nd house – well the Moon is in first but close enough to the second to bring it into the second. Regardless, the focus is on your own self-concept and your individuality. Cancer is about nurturing yourself and others. It has more personal emotion or feeling in it than say 9th or 10th houses – where you are in the social arena. Mars and Venus are in the first house – exploring a new beginning and attending to your individuality.

I think you will feel on familiar ground in your present direction – philosophy. You will probably be good at it, so perhaps a professorship will give you the security you desire. But, regardless if you choose this or not, your primary focus is on your personal development. With Venus on the ASC, you probably pay close attention to your appearance. You want to look good. You might have some artistic talent with Venus there. I think you have a more nurturing, compassionate side you could develop with all that Cancer. Jupiter in Pisces can also be a sign of great imagination and creativity. With Mercury in Leo in the 3rd, you could be a writer, teacher or work with languages. Plenty of indication that you have other options. But the main problem is your own doubt about who you are and what you’d really like to do as expressed by Chiron in the 5th. I think you need to do some deep journaling about this and really seek out your heart. My guess is that you want to do something that truly helps you develop a new sense of self – one that allows you to explore who you are and to be able to play with it.