Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Relational Astrology

Relational Astrology Relationships and the astrological methods of interpreting them are discussed here.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Unread 09-12-2013, 12:54 AM
dioskouris dioskouris is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell.
Posts: 221
Re: How To Know Each Rising Sign Likes You

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjelik View Post
I think my Gemini shows most once I feel comfortable. Otherwise you get the Capricorn. The only people that see Pisces are the people I am reaaaaalllllllllyyyyyy comfortable with and trust enough to see me raw and vulnerable. Very few people have seen this side of me.
Yea I notice the Sun and especially Moon are often readily noticeable, not until you become entwined with another in some way. The ASC never seems deceptive. You can like someone but not necessarily be comfortable with them, yet... perhaps the ASC helps with showing that (or not showing that) in its own way.

Reply With Quote
  #27  
Unread 09-12-2013, 08:27 AM
minotaur's Avatar
minotaur minotaur is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 14
Re: How To Know Each Rising Sign Likes You

I've only had rising leos ask me out :c
no hidden signs from them, they just straight up ask you or give you a kiss on the lips.

As a cancer rising myself, I am a bit shy around my love interests and i do tend to cling on to the corner of their sleeves. :x
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Unread 09-12-2013, 10:10 AM
dioskouris dioskouris is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell.
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by minotaur View Post
I've only had rising leos ask me out :c
no hidden signs from them, they just straight up ask you or give you a kiss on the lips.

As a cancer rising myself, I am a bit shy around my love interests and i do tend to cling on to the corner of their sleeves. :x
Yes Leo rising can be very affectionate... maybe TOO affectionate. They might be the king/queen of PDA. My father is a Leo rising and he still displays PDA with my mum after 38 years, often to her chagrin (she's a Capricorn Sun). And the kiss on the lips thing, yea I notice that too.

I've dated Cancer rising. They were Aries Sun but they did display their affection as "clinginess", as you say. It's rather nice though.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 09-12-2013, 11:03 AM
minotaur's Avatar
minotaur minotaur is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 14
Re: How To Know Each Rising Sign Likes You

Quote:
Originally Posted by dioskouris View Post
Yes Leo rising can be very affectionate... maybe TOO affectionate. They might be the king/queen of PDA. My father is a Leo rising and he still displays PDA with my mum after 38 years, often to her chagrin (she's a Capricorn Sun). And the kiss on the lips thing, yea I notice that too.

I've dated Cancer rising. They were Aries Sun but they did display their affection as "clinginess", as you say. It's rather nice though.
Yes...my ex and my current boyfriend are both Leo rising and they were both very aggressive in regards of wanting partnership. It seems that its infamous for rising Leos to spontaneously kiss you right on the lips before telling you that they are very interested in you.

I never really thought about rising signs, I was more keen on moon signs since I tend to be on the emotional side of myself haha.
Well as a Cancer rising I'm not sure if I'm clingy...maybe just a little? I do tend to nurture my significant other thats for sure. I enjoy cleaning his room, making his bed, doing his laundry, and cooking him food haha! So I guess this is my trait as a Cancer rising. :3
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Unread 09-12-2013, 11:13 AM
poyi's Avatar
poyi poyi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,015
Re: How To Know Each Rising Sign Likes You

The only rising sign that I got involved in serious relationship with is Aries rising. I have Aries in the 8th house, they both find me very sexy to them, plus my Venus is Libra in their descendant/7th house.
__________________
I believe there is something of the divine mystery in everything that exists. We can see it sparkle in a sunflower or a poppy. We sense more of the unfathomable mystery in a butterfly that flutters from a twig--or in a goldfish swimming in a bowl. But we are closest to God in our own soul. Only there can we become one with the greatest mystery of life. In truth, at very rare moments we can experience that we ourselves are that divine mystery. --Jostein Gaarder, Sophie's World
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Unread 09-17-2013, 04:13 AM
dioskouris dioskouris is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell.
Posts: 221
Re: How To Know Each Rising Sign Likes You

I've observed that the sign ruling the ASC also shows influence in this respect. Where as the ruler of the 7th house shows the sort of partner - mannerisms, personality, physicality, etc. - of the natal's prospect/lover (the 7th house partner), the natal's behaviour on that axis flows from 1st to 7th.

I've noticed this myself, but it makes no sense to only use my own anecdotal evidence. I implore anyone else to look at the sign ruling their ASC of themselves and/or a significant other and see you discover any consistency.

So far I noticed there is a stronger indication of consistency when using the traditional rulerships. For instance, my ASC is Scorpio; even though I express much of my intense Scorpio archetype when pursuing/flirting, there is a definite Cancer vibe (my Mars is in Cancer): I can be hypersensitive, protective, and even a bit clingy, and exceptionally nurturing. I've always wondered where this came from, since I am a Gemini, and this behaviour is diametrically opposed to the Gemini archetype. BTW my Pluto is in Scoprio.

I would give more example, but I believe I have spoken enough about my love life
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Unread 09-17-2013, 08:40 AM
poyi's Avatar
poyi poyi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,015
Re: How To Know Each Rising Sign Likes You

Quote:
Originally Posted by dioskouris View Post
I've observed that the sign ruling the ASC also shows influence in this respect. Where as the ruler of the 7th house shows the sort of partner - mannerisms, personality, physicality, etc. - of the natal's prospect/lover (the 7th house partner), the natal's behaviour on that axis flows from 1st to 7th.

I've noticed this myself, but it makes no sense to only use my own anecdotal evidence. I implore anyone else to look at the sign ruling their ASC of themselves and/or a significant other and see you discover any consistency.

So far I noticed there is a stronger indication of consistency when using the traditional rulerships. For instance, my ASC is Scorpio; even though I express much of my intense Scorpio archetype when pursuing/flirting, there is a definite Cancer vibe (my Mars is in Cancer): I can be hypersensitive, protective, and even a bit clingy, and exceptionally nurturing. I've always wondered where this came from, since I am a Gemini, and this behaviour is diametrically opposed to the Gemini archetype. BTW my Pluto is in Scoprio.

I would give more example, but I believe I have spoken enough about my love life
Hmmm, let me try this.

I have Virgo ascendant, Mercury rules.

My Mars in Virgo, sextile Mercury in Scorpio in mutual reception by mutual rulership, Mars trine Moon in Capricorn, exaltation to Mars, also in reception; Mercury in Scorpio sextile Moon in Capricorn also in reception by by fall. So the combination of man that I love should have Mars, Mercury and Moon, Scorpio, Mars, Capricorn trends.

My ex was Cancer Sun, Mars in Gemini, Mercury in Leo, Moon in Capricorn. Mars is the first planet to raise, Moon is the most elevated planet.

My current boyfriend, Sun in Aries, Mars in Pisces, Mercury in Pisces, Moon in Cancer. Mars and Mercury on ascendant.

It looks like my current one not have as strong connection to my Mars, Mercury and Moon. My 7th house ruler though is Neptune in Sagittarius, ruled by Jupiter in Sagittarius, Neptune square Venus in Libra and Mars in Virgo. Pisces/Neptune energy seem to be more significant this time.
__________________
I believe there is something of the divine mystery in everything that exists. We can see it sparkle in a sunflower or a poppy. We sense more of the unfathomable mystery in a butterfly that flutters from a twig--or in a goldfish swimming in a bowl. But we are closest to God in our own soul. Only there can we become one with the greatest mystery of life. In truth, at very rare moments we can experience that we ourselves are that divine mystery. --Jostein Gaarder, Sophie's World
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Unread 09-19-2013, 02:01 AM
dioskouris dioskouris is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell.
Posts: 221
Re: How To Know Each Rising Sign Likes You

Quote:
Originally Posted by poyi View Post
Hmmm, let me try this.

I have Virgo ascendant, Mercury rules.

My Mars in Virgo, sextile Mercury in Scorpio in mutual reception by mutual rulership, Mars trine Moon in Capricorn, exaltation to Mars, also in reception; Mercury in Scorpio sextile Moon in Capricorn also in reception by by fall. So the combination of man that I love should have Mars, Mercury and Moon, Scorpio, Mars, Capricorn trends.

My ex was Cancer Sun, Mars in Gemini, Mercury in Leo, Moon in Capricorn. Mars is the first planet to raise, Moon is the most elevated planet.

My current boyfriend, Sun in Aries, Mars in Pisces, Mercury in Pisces, Moon in Cancer. Mars and Mercury on ascendant.

It looks like my current one not have as strong connection to my Mars, Mercury and Moon. My 7th house ruler though is Neptune in Sagittarius, ruled by Jupiter in Sagittarius, Neptune square Venus in Libra and Mars in Virgo. Pisces/Neptune energy seem to be more significant this time.
Interesting. But this thread is about finding any clues as based on a person's natal chart of their romantic interest in another person. Not primarily the sort of partner for them. That's a 7th house matter, the opposite of that axis, the first house, I believe indicates how that person would interact with that potential partner.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Unread 09-24-2013, 02:40 AM
astro11's Avatar
astro11 astro11 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 279
Re: How To Know Each Rising Sign Likes You

I have Venus in Gemini and Mars in Cancer. The ruler of my Leo Asc is the Sun in Gemini. When I like someone romantically I like to talk to them and find out as much as I can about them. Of course I'll research the charts for the deeper stuff but I want to know what their perspectives are on things in their own words (Venus, Sun). I also show affection by giving them sweets and food that I think they would enjoy (Mars).
__________________
Samantha Samuels
www.astronumerologywisdom.com
www.samanthaisamuels.com

Last edited by astro11; 09-24-2013 at 03:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to astro11 For This Useful Post:
dioskouris (10-01-2013)
  #35  
Unread 09-29-2013, 04:05 PM
SleeplessinDallas SleeplessinDallas is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 10
Re: How To Know Each Rising Sign Likes You

Hi guys,

I thought I'd contribute as an Aquarius rising. We are very hard to pin down and you are right, we do like everyone! collectively and also we can see the beauty in all people and how each person contributes as a piece of the puzzle. But if we really truly like you on a deeper level, we share our dreams and aspirations with you in confidence and we want to do or create something with you.

I mean, this is just me speaking from experience. If someone is not inspirational and unique, they are not for me (in a close relationship). My boyfriend is a Gem rising and yes, he and I talk and plan and make sh*t happen . When we are together, no one would ever guess our sun signs (Virgo and Taurus).

But I do pick cat hair off his shirt
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SleeplessinDallas For This Useful Post:
dioskouris (10-01-2013)
  #36  
Unread 10-01-2013, 02:57 AM
dioskouris dioskouris is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell.
Posts: 221
Re: How To Know Each Rising Sign Likes You

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonephyschen View Post
Have you looked at aspects to the ascendant? There are some aspects that could really impact your flirting style. A female with Venus conjuncting her Aquarian ascendant could be a lot more girly in her approach than you'd ever guess she could be. Or trade that out with Pluto.
Yea I would figure that aspects to the ascendant would have some impact, just right now I mainly see, or at least understand, the correlation to rulerships. But then again, house rulerships may be more predictive while the aspects with give a certain character influence, like you said. Thanks for sharing. Definitely something to think about and observe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro11 View Post
I have Venus in Gemini and Mars in Cancer. The ruler of my Leo Asc is the Sun in Gemini. When I like someone romantically I like to talk to them and find out as much as I can about them. Of course I'll research the charts for the deeper stuff but I want to know what their perspectives are on things in their own words (Venus, Sun). I also show affection by giving them sweets and food that I think they would enjoy (Mars).
I think in addition to the Mars in Cancer the Leo ASC would make you extremely affectionate (I have Mars in Cancer too, even though I have Scorpio rising I'm super affectionate, but a bit intense with it at times...). Gemini ruling definitely makes you inquisitive. I'm a Gemini too, and with Sun in 7th house as a rule I would be similar, but I think my Scorpio ASC hides my inquisitive nature... instead of asking, I silently "read" those I feel strongly about instead, and I've been told that it can be intimidating... yikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessinDallas View Post
Hi guys,

I thought I'd contribute as an Aquarius rising. We are very hard to pin down and you are right, we do like everyone! collectively and also we can see the beauty in all people and how each person contributes as a piece of the puzzle. But if we really truly like you on a deeper level, we share our dreams and aspirations with you in confidence and we want to do or create something with you.

I mean, this is just me speaking from experience. If someone is not inspirational and unique, they are not for me (in a close relationship). My boyfriend is a Gem rising and yes, he and I talk and plan and make sh*t happen . When we are together, no one would ever guess our sun signs (Virgo and Taurus).

But I do pick cat hair off his shirt
Very much sounds like the aquarian risings I know. They really act like they love everyone, it must be hard on whomever has a crush on them lol.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Unread 10-21-2013, 09:01 AM
Losttaurus Losttaurus is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 6
Re: How To Know Each Rising Sign Likes You

I am awkward and enthusiastic like a Sag , want to talk and stalk like a Gemini and love to touch like a Taurus, once it is comfortable.

I am Sun Taurus, Sag rising and Venus in Gemini I think my venus gemini shows itself more...
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Unread 10-29-2013, 08:04 AM
may28gemini
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How To Know Each Rising Sign Likes You

To me, Scorpio rising people are Martian, just like Aries rising and are going to be direct. The only difference I see between those 2 risings is that Scorpio rising does not impulsively approach- they do it with purpose that they've already determined (for some reason or another) that they want to get to know you. Aries rising is fun and impulsive but don't approach with any goal/idea in mind. I've not ever met any Scorpio rising that didn't directly tell me what's going on. They are not elusive as reputed to be.


I don't agree with the Libra rising observation. I'm an early Libra rising and although I can hardly speak for the entire rising, I know for certain, I don't want anyone making decisions for me!!! Libra rising is polite and approaches for the sake of socializing but nothing beyond that. It's not necessarily a "shallow" rising but it is concerned with pleasantness and will approach with a softer, more subtle manner (if the Libra rising is doing any approaching at all). Usually a smile is all that's needed. We don't like anything loud and abrasive, but we're not into trying to be mysterious and play games either.


Also, the Virgo rising bit... I've not met any of that rising that would tease me on an imperfection. If anything, they've approached on a more rational basis as to say something factual like, "I like your shirt" or "Yes, I agree with what you said." They stick with whatever is concrete and not going to be the most creative in approaching (if they even do approach).

Last edited by may28gemini; 10-29-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
dioskouris (10-29-2013)
  #39  
Unread 10-29-2013, 07:06 PM
dioskouris dioskouris is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell.
Posts: 221
Re: How To Know Each Rising Sign Likes You

Quote:
Originally Posted by may28gemini View Post
To me, Scorpio rising people are Martian, just like Aries rising and are going to be direct. The only difference I see between those 2 risings is that Scorpio rising does not impulsively approach- they do it with purpose that they've already determined (for some reason or another) that they want to get to know you. Aries rising is fun and impulsive but don't approach with any goal/idea in mind. I've not ever met any Scorpio rising that didn't directly tell me what's going on. They are not elusive as reputed to be.


I don't agree with the Libra rising observation. I'm an early Libra rising and although I can hardly speak for the entire rising, I know for certain, I don't want anyone making decisions for me!!! Libra rising is polite and approaches for the sake of socializing but nothing beyond that. It's not necessarily a "shallow" rising but it is concerned with pleasantness and will approach with a softer, more subtle manner (if the Libra rising is doing any approaching at all). Usually a smile is all that's needed. We don't like anything loud and abrasive, but we're not into trying to be mysterious and play games either.


Also, the Virgo rising bit... I've not met any of that rising that would tease me on an imperfection. If anything, they've approached on a more rational basis as to say something factual like, "I like your shirt" or "Yes, I agree with what you said." They stick with whatever is concrete and not going to be the most creative in approaching (if they even do approach).
What you say about the Libra and Virgo rising makes a lot of sense. I knew I will have to make some amendments to a couple of the indicators. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Unread 10-29-2013, 07:43 PM
anjelik's Avatar
anjelik anjelik is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by may28gemini View Post
To me, Scorpio rising people are Martian, just like Aries rising and are going to be direct. The only difference I see between those 2 risings is that Scorpio rising does not impulsively approach- they do it with purpose that they've already determined (for some reason or another) that they want to get to know you. Aries rising is fun and impulsive but don't approach with any goal/idea in mind. I've not ever met any Scorpio rising that didn't directly tell me what's going on. They are not elusive as reputed to be.


I don't agree with the Libra rising observation. I'm an early Libra rising and although I can hardly speak for the entire rising, I know for certain, I don't want anyone making decisions for me!!! Libra rising is polite and approaches for the sake of socializing but nothing beyond that. It's not necessarily a "shallow" rising but it is concerned with pleasantness and will approach with a softer, more subtle manner (if the Libra rising is doing any approaching at all). Usually a smile is all that's needed. We don't like anything loud and abrasive, but we're not into trying to be mysterious and play games either.


Also, the Virgo rising bit... I've not met any of that rising that would tease me on an imperfection. If anything, they've approached on a more rational basis as to say something factual like, "I like your shirt" or "Yes, I agree with what you said." They stick with whatever is concrete and not going to be the most creative in approaching (if they even do approach).
Re: Scorpio vs Aries. My general opinion regarding the energy of the two signs is Scorpios are ninjas and Aries are like Braveheart. Both are direct in the sense that you can't push them around, but I think the reality is that Scorpio rising comes off as quiet so people may view this as a weakness and Aries rising kind of peacock around and are easier to break. The last serious relationship I was in was with a man with a Scorpio rising. He came off as mysterious and quiet - more so than my current boyfriend who has an Aries rising. You know when has enters the room because he carries himself so differently. Even when I think about how each courted me it's a completely different approach. The Scorpio rising was very calculating about it. He waited for a whole year to make his move (in retrospect I realized he did) and when he did it was like BOOM. The Aries rising just went for me like "you are mine," like a caveman dragging me back to his cave. I would say that the Aries rising is certainly more direct and abrasive. If you ask him a question, he will hand you a truth sandwich. My experience with Scorpio rising is that they do not easily give out information. It was a constant probing to find out what was going on beneath the surface. But this could also be because his Sun was Cancer, so I am not sure if that had to do with his rising, per say. I don't know if I would consider him direct though. I briefly dated one other Scorpio rising (3 or 4 months) and he was very similar in that respect (Leo Sun). SO I guess what I am saying is that I agree with your perspective on the determination factor of both signs, but I disagree that Scorpios are not elusive. At least I find them to be.

I agree about Libra rising. My mom has a Libra rising and is pretty agreeable..with strangers. With her family, not so much haha!

And to add thoughts on another rising sign - it just occurred to me that any man I've ever met with a Gemini rising flirted like a school boy with teasing / tormenting, etc. The best visual I could give would be like pulling a girl's hair in school and running away.

Last edited by anjelik; 10-29-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Unread 10-29-2013, 08:01 PM
dioskouris dioskouris is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell.
Posts: 221
Re: How To Know Each Rising Sign Likes You

As a Scorp rising native I can confirm the calculating approach. If I'm out at a party and I see someone that catches my eye I will silently observe from the other side of the room. Sometimes our eyes catch and then we get those intense gazes, but it depends on the girl. Then I approach directly whenever I sense is the right moment (lots of things go into it, hence I watch the room, her, atmosphere). Sometimes this means however that someone else, possibly who is an Aries rising or Leo gets to her first and I might lose out, or I might not because I still do find a way to make an approach, and allow her to review her 'options' lol.

I read about how a crocodile hunts by staying submerged, watching, and slowly moving, very focused... feel like it's somewhat the same way.

Apologies to any women who may be insulted by the term "hunt"... I don't "hunt" women as "prey", but it's the best analogy I could think of now.

Also perhaps anjelik can confirm but I've been told by those that I've been attracted to that my eyes "cut/burn right through" them, as if I am reading their soul and dark secrets. Some don't like it (I dated a Cancer once who ironically used an analogy that I was cutting through her protective shell and she didn't like it), but some find it sexy. Either way, I've had to learn how to tone down on it.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Unread 10-29-2013, 08:31 PM
anjelik's Avatar
anjelik anjelik is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,535
Re: How To Know Each Rising Sign Likes You

Quote:
Originally Posted by dioskouris View Post
As a Scorp rising native I can confirm the calculating approach. If I'm out at a party and I see someone that catches my eye I will silently observe from the other side of the room. Sometimes our eyes catch and then we get those intense gazes, but it depends on the girl. Then I approach directly whenever I sense is the right moment (lots of things go into it, hence I watch the room, her, atmosphere). Sometimes this means however that someone else, possibly who is an Aries rising or Leo gets to her first and I might lose out, or I might not because I still do find a way to make an approach, and allow her to review her 'options' lol.

I read about how a crocodile hunts by staying submerged, watching, and slowly moving, very focused... feel like it's somewhat the same way.

Apologies to any women who may be insulted by the term "hunt"... I don't "hunt" women as "prey", but it's the best analogy I could think of now.

Also perhaps anjelik can confirm but I've been told by those that I've been attracted to that my eyes "cut/burn right through" them, as if I am reading their soul and dark secrets. Some don't like it (I dated a Cancer once who ironically used an analogy that I was cutting through her protective shell and she didn't like it), but some find it sexy. Either way, I've had to learn how to tone down on it.
You know, that is EXACTLY what happened with my ex. He watched a Sagittarius rising get me first and waited while we dated for 8 months and then when we broke up he said, "So now I can take you out?" And then it was full court press. He essentially just waited in the wings like he knew it wouldn't last. I don't know that I would say he had piercing eyes but we did have a really intense connection. Maybe you have some other Pluto aspects or some more Scorpio in your chart?

To go back to what you mentioned earlier in the thread about men flirting with their Mars - I can see that too. The Scorpio rising had a Gemini Mars and he would banter back and forth with me in order to build a rapport (which went well with my Gemini moon). But he did wait patiently to make his final move. Then his Leo Venus came out... and he showered me with affection, gifts, dinners - ya know, the Venus in Leo way.
__________________
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." -Anais Nin
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Unread 10-29-2013, 11:47 PM
dioskouris dioskouris is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell.
Posts: 221
Re: How To Know Each Rising Sign Likes You

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjelik View Post
You know, that is EXACTLY what happened with my ex. He watched a Sagittarius rising get me first and waited while we dated for 8 months and then when we broke up he said, "So now I can take you out?" And then it was full court press. He essentially just waited in the wings like he knew it wouldn't last. I don't know that I would say he had piercing eyes but we did have a really intense connection. Maybe you have some other Pluto aspects or some more Scorpio in your chart?

To go back to what you mentioned earlier in the thread about men flirting with their Mars - I can see that too. The Scorpio rising had a Gemini Mars and he would banter back and forth with me in order to build a rapport (which went well with my Gemini moon). But he did wait patiently to make his final move. Then his Leo Venus came out... and he showered me with affection, gifts, dinners - ya know, the Venus in Leo way.
No more Scorpio in my chart other than Pluto, but it is conjunct my ASC, very tight opposite my venus, which is also opposite my ASC (somewhat wide orb). So that perhaps explains it. I have Mars in Cancer... I can be rather smothering, and my Venus has a loves physical affection. Even if we're standing closely and our arms or shoulders are barely touching means a tremendous amount.

There is something about Scorpio people and Scorpio Rising people that makes them never give up on the object of their desire, affection, even if that person chose someone else, we somehow believe that if we wait long enough, you'll come around. I suppose in a way it can be nice because it gives the partner a sense of consistency and security of faithfulness, but it can be harmful to the native because it can easily become obsessive. I think having sun in Gemini gives me a bit of freedom from being trapped in that hold too tightly.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Unread 10-30-2013, 12:23 AM
anjelik's Avatar
anjelik anjelik is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,535
Re: How To Know Each Rising Sign Likes You

Quote:
Originally Posted by dioskouris View Post
No more Scorpio in my chart other than Pluto, but it is conjunct my ASC, very tight opposite my venus, which is also opposite my ASC (somewhat wide orb). So that perhaps explains it. I have Mars in Cancer... I can be rather smothering, and my Venus has a loves physical affection. Even if we're standing closely and our arms or shoulders are barely touching means a tremendous amount.

There is something about Scorpio people and Scorpio Rising people that makes them never give up on the object of their desire, affection, even if that person chose someone else, we somehow believe that if we wait long enough, you'll come around. I suppose in a way it can be nice because it gives the partner a sense of consistency and security of faithfulness, but it can be harmful to the native because it can easily become obsessive. I think having sun in Gemini gives me a bit of freedom from being trapped in that hold too tightly.
My boyfriend has Mars in Cancer and he isn't smothering. And his trines his Venus, Mercury and Sun (all Pisces)...and Uranus.. so perhaps that is why!

I like a little Scorpio, but sometimes it's just too much. Funny how you mention a Scorpio waiting. I have seen Scorpios "wait," aka OBSESS over someone for YEARS. It's like they cannot LET IT GO that the other person has moved on and is with someone else and just love to torture themselves. I find that to be the most frustrating characteristic and I have a bit of Pluto in my chart. I can't even count the amount of times I've said to some of my friends, "you have to let it go..." (these people have at least a Sun + AC in Scorpio).
__________________
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." -Anais Nin
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Unread 10-30-2013, 07:53 AM
may28gemini
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How To Know Each Rising Sign Likes You

Since this is about rising signs, we're only going off of generalities. Rising signs are more or less the social mask that we interface with first before we interact on a more personal level. Whatever planets are/is in the person's 1st house will modify behavior but it wouldn't be noticeable when dealing with unfamiliar interactions (strangers).

That being said, I also disagree that Scorpio rising "stalks" their "prey." Perhaps to those who don't understand would think it's stalkery behavior but Scorpio rising operates with more deliberate intentions than most rising signs. I don't care what Mars the person has- I've met a lot of Scorpio rising people and they always approach with intent. I think all Fixed rising signs tend to need to have an intent to approach and need that reason/intent because they seek to maintain control over those they come into contact with.

As for the Libra rising and being into politeness, subtlety and all that, it's still cardinal and will initiate and does not need approval from outside influences (even though it appears we care very much about external appearance, which we do), which is precisely why I strongly disagree with the misunderstood characteristics that Libra is indecisive and need others to make decisions for them. The reason for the "indecision" is not because we're "wishy washy" but because balance is extremely important. We do not like to be the cause of imbalance and if we choose wrong, we know there are consequences, of which, is extremely unpleasant and we are not really into getting punished. So sitting on the fence stems from being obsessed with balance.

Now the main reason for Libra to employ subtle methods is very much like the maxim, "attract more with honey than with vinegar." Libra is rising is a sly social player and the reason why we like smiles and pleasantries is because that makes it worth it for us to extend ourselves to others which shows us external validation that we're not the cause of discord. Perhaps all the other cardinal risings don't mind discord as they all like to be the leader, esp. Aries like shooting from the hip and being very forthcoming/overt, Libra rising prefers to maneuver on a more discreet level. Either way, I think all cardinal rising are motivated by power (to manipulate).

Last edited by may28gemini; 10-30-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Unread 10-30-2013, 06:24 PM
anjelik's Avatar
anjelik anjelik is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by may28gemini View Post
Since this is about rising signs, we're only going off of generalities. Rising signs are more or less the social mask that we interface with first before we interact on a more personal level. Whatever planets are/is in the person's 1st house will modify behavior but it wouldn't be noticeable when dealing with unfamiliar interactions (strangers).

That being said, I also disagree that Scorpio rising "stalks" their "prey." Perhaps to those who don't understand would think it's stalkery behavior but Scorpio rising operates with more deliberate intentions than most rising signs. I don't care what Mars the person has- I've met a lot of Scorpio rising people and they always approach with intent. I think all Fixed rising signs tend to need to have an intent to approach and need that reason/intent because they seek to maintain control over those they come into contact with.

As for the Libra rising and being into politeness, subtlety and all that, it's still cardinal and will initiate and does not need approval from outside influences (even though it appears we care very much about external appearance, which we do), which is precisely why I strongly disagree with the misunderstood characteristics that Libra is indecisive and need others to make decisions for them. The reason for the "indecision" is not because we're "wishy washy" but because balance is extremely important. We do not like to be the cause of imbalance and if we choose wrong, we know there are consequences, of which, is extremely unpleasant and we are not really into getting punished. So sitting on the fence stems from being obsessed with balance.

Now the main reason for Libra to employ subtle methods is very much like the maxim, "attract more with honey than with vinegar." Libra is rising is a sly social player and the reason why we like smiles and pleasantries is because that makes it worth it for us to extend ourselves to others which shows us external validation that we're not the cause of discord. Perhaps all the other cardinal risings don't mind discord as they all like to be the leader, esp. Aries like shooting from the hip and being very forthcoming/overt, Libra rising prefers to maneuver on a more discreet level. Either way, I think all cardinal rising are motivated by power (to manipulate).
As someone that has a Capricorn rising I cannot say that my motivation is to manipulate. If there is any aspect of my chart that would make me prone to manipulation I think my Cap rising is least likely the culprit. I find myself to be very direct at times, but in a controlled manner. In terms of the four cardinal signs, I think that Libra and Cancer are more prone to manipulation and Aries and Capricorn just punch you in the face with whatever it is they want to say. Libra will smile and play both sides of the fence and kind of act as the puppet master pulling everyone's strings, Cancer will try to emotionally guilt you into doing things their way, Aries will bully you and Capricorn will firmly lay out the facts that make you look like you are irrational and not in control and therefore incorrect.

My rising sign makes being "fake" very difficult for me, as I don't appreciate exchanging small talk with people I don't particularly care for. And to be frank when someone "too nice," I don't trust them as far as I can pick them up and throw them. But as far as conflict goes, I think that is more of a Mars issue than having to do with your rising. I try avoid conflict like the plague and will manipulate myself out of a bad situation (Libra).

The point about wanting power is interesting though. I can't say that I've ever thought that Libra or Cancer wanted power, but perhaps I've been deceived into thinking they didn't care.

Last edited by anjelik; 10-30-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Unread 10-30-2013, 07:53 PM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 17,080
Re: How To Know Each Rising Sign Likes You

when you meet people at a big party, and:

Aries invites you to a candle-lit supper, and brings roses and French champaign.
Taurus gets off the couch-- or at least makes room for you.
Gemini stops flirting with your best friend.
Cancer holds on and won't let go of you all evening.
Leo admires you, for a change.
Virgo stops picking on you.
Libra tells Aries to quit bothering you, in no uncertain terms.
Scorpio hopes you will psychoanalyse him/her.
Sagittarius wants to hear what you have to say.
Capricorn asks about your investments.
Aquarius shows you his new I-phone apps.
Pisces stops drinking.

[Yes, these are light-hearted jokes. No hate-mail please, from anyone who takes them seriously.]
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And well change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Unread 10-31-2013, 08:51 AM
may28gemini
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How To Know Each Rising Sign Likes You

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjelik View Post
As someone that has a Capricorn rising I cannot say that my motivation is to manipulate. If there is any aspect of my chart that would make me prone to manipulation I think my Cap rising is least likely the culprit. I find myself to be very direct at times, but in a controlled manner. In terms of the four cardinal signs, I think that Libra and Cancer are more prone to manipulation and Aries and Capricorn just punch you in the face with whatever it is they want to say. Libra will smile and play both sides of the fence and kind of act as the puppet master pulling everyone's strings, Cancer will try to emotionally guilt you into doing things their way, Aries will bully you and Capricorn will firmly lay out the facts that make you look like you are irrational and not in control and therefore incorrect.

My rising sign makes being "fake" very difficult for me, as I don't appreciate exchanging small talk with people I don't particularly care for. And to be frank when someone "too nice," I don't trust them as far as I can pick them up and throw them. But as far as conflict goes, I think that is more of a Mars issue than having to do with your rising. I try avoid conflict like the plague and will manipulate myself out of a bad situation (Libra).

The point about wanting power is interesting though. I can't say that I've ever thought that Libra or Cancer wanted power, but perhaps I've been deceived into thinking they didn't care.
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA yeahhhhh... Libra and Cancer are master social manipulators!! We try being pretty and pleasant on the outside, but on the inside we're like, "What a useless fool. Better move onto the next one." Both Libra and Cancer risings can be quite cynical on the inside and do not reveal that with others until they know and trust that person.

Actually, this makes me think of a recent thing. A close friend who's Cancer rising and I got his boss fired. And we did it very subversive and no one knew (at the time), least of all his boss, that we got that evil b*tch fired (or how we did it) I'm still laughing about this and it happened like a month ago!!!

I don't think Aries and Cap rising are free from having designs on manipulation... they're just not as smooth players like Libra and Cancer are. Aries and Cap are overt and bossy. They like to be managers and will watch over others openly. Libra and Cancer will keep a distant eye and see where things go. As I said before, Libra operates discreetly, while Aries shoots straight from the hips.

Last edited by may28gemini; 10-31-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Unread 10-31-2013, 03:13 PM
anjelik's Avatar
anjelik anjelik is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by may28gemini View Post
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA yeahhhhh... Libra and Cancer are master social manipulators!! We try being pretty and pleasant on the outside, but on the inside we're like, "What a useless fool. Better move onto the next one." Both Libra and Cancer risings can be quite cynical on the inside and do not reveal that with others until they know and trust that person.

Actually, this makes me think of a recent thing. A close friend who's Cancer rising and I got his boss fired. And we did it very subversive and no one knew (at the time), least of all his boss, that we got that evil b*tch fired (or how we did it) I'm still laughing about this and it happened like a month ago!!!

I don't think Aries and Cap rising are free from having designs on manipulation... they're just not as smooth players like Libra and Cancer are. Aries and Cap are overt and bossy. They like to be managers and will watch over others openly. Libra and Cancer will keep a distant eye and see where things go. As I said before, Libra operates discreetly, while Aries shoots straight from the hips.
I wouldn't classify myself as bossy at all. I actually hate having to tell people what to do. I feel very Libra a lot of the time in terms of the way I carry myself, but my social mask is definitely Cappy. I've been told I am intimidating to approach at times because I have a cold "b*tch face." Which I guess it just depends on the situation I am in. I only put on my mask when I am unsure of a situation, which is very Saturn like anyway. But not bossy or power hungry at all. I just don't want anyone to control me. I have always felt that Libra doesn't want power per se - just that the power is balanced. I am all about balance and I will take someone down and kick the stool out from beneath them if they need a reality check. You have me thinking about cardinal signs now and I have thought about my bf and I and our little power struggles - we both have direct risings and manipulative mars..hahaha. He tries to emotionally guilt me into getting his way and I tell him "uh yeah you can't do that. It is not all about you and it needs to be fair and even." I never really thought that perhaps we both are trying to manipulate for power! Who wins.. Libra or Cancer??
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to anjelik For This Useful Post:
  #50  
Unread 11-03-2013, 07:42 AM
may28gemini
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How To Know Each Rising Sign Likes You

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjelik View Post
I wouldn't classify myself as bossy at all. I actually hate having to tell people what to do. I feel very Libra a lot of the time in terms of the way I carry myself, but my social mask is definitely Cappy. I've been told I am intimidating to approach at times because I have a cold "b*tch face." Which I guess it just depends on the situation I am in. I only put on my mask when I am unsure of a situation, which is very Saturn like anyway. But not bossy or power hungry at all. I just don't want anyone to control me. I have always felt that Libra doesn't want power per se - just that the power is balanced. I am all about balance and I will take someone down and kick the stool out from beneath them if they need a reality check. You have me thinking about cardinal signs now and I have thought about my bf and I and our little power struggles - we both have direct risings and manipulative mars..hahaha. He tries to emotionally guilt me into getting his way and I tell him "uh yeah you can't do that. It is not all about you and it needs to be fair and even." I never really thought that perhaps we both are trying to manipulate for power! Who wins.. Libra or Cancer??
Ok, to be fair, I have Libra stellium clustering my Libra AC- Jupiter, Saturn, Pluto and that stuff aspects (trines) my Algol Taurus Mars (which is NOT manipulative but dangerous when crossed). I'm not a manipulative person, nor am I power driven/hungry but if someone tries to f*ck with me or people I care about (friends and family), I will purposely jam others up and I be very subversively malicious. I suspect that having Saturn and Pluto really gives me a "ride or die" mentality because I don't let anyone in, but once I let someone in, it's for life (until they f*ck up with me and then I'd ditch them). I suspect that those of the Libra Pluto generation who have Libra rising probably will carry this mentality- "you're with me or against me and if you're against me, prepare to get jammed up without notice." I consider it "re-evaluating" power ahahahaha!

As for me getting my Cancer rising friend's boss fired... that actually was actually mostly orchestrated by me exposing the info. that he provided me (to avoid blaming him). I was the one that suggested doing what we did. I never worked at his job... I never even set foot in the place. I don't even live in the same section of the state that he does. But the fact that some evil boss was firing people all willy nilly and trying to get my friend fired, I was enflamed and I said, "let's get that b*tch." My friend has Scorpio Mars and contrary to popular belief, he's not evil nor subversive. I'm more evil than him by far but he likes and understands my brand of "justice" because he too, has a Libra stellium (Moon, Mercury, Pluto) hahahahahaha!!

Last edited by may28gemini; 11-03-2013 at 07:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
likes, rising, sign

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.