I'm foxed - ancestry

Futurist

Okay I admit I am baffled. Does anyone have any idea why there should be a sudden upsurge of interest in ancestry. Our newspapers in the UK are full of it. Tv programmes too. All centered around tracing your ancestry.

In astrological literature this has always been the domain of Cancer and the 4th. Scorpio is obviously about digging deep and mercury rx in scorp about reviewing and taking us back. However should we be altering the text books about what house and sign 'rule' ancestry??

Any ideas

K x

Draco

As a UK phemonena, the surely this could relate to that Saturn line up in the mundane, progressed and transit charts at 23/24 Leo? Saturn is the natural ruler of history and ancestors, heritage, the past, archealogy, geneaology and such. As this Saturn line up is in Leo, then Saturn is in exile, so perhaps we Brits are feeling very alienated from our roots, even more so than usual because we have mundane Saturn in exile anyway but now were experiencing a triple whammy and so feel the need to reconnect with the roots and the heritage we feel so torn away from?

Saturn is also the ruler of the fourth house in the UK chart, which is family tree's, lineage, excavation etc.

I hadn't actually thought about it in relation to the Saturn line up, but chasing up ancestry does seem to be something of a fashionable pursuit at the moment in the UK. I can't speak for other countries though.

Futurist

Thanks Draco - yes, that'll be the reason. It all fits perfectly. Thanks for pointing that out. We'll wait to see if any of our friends from across the World have noticed an upsurge in ancestry 'issues' this past month but it does sound like it's a manifestation of the UK saturn transits.
Love Kx

Spica3

May I be allowed to put forward some arguments on this?

The first thing I thought of when I saw this question was that it might have something to do with Mars. The British, as a race, are regarded as an Arian people, ruled by Mars. Apparently a zodiacal rulership decided upon 2000 years ago by Ptolemy. (The Germans and Italians are also supposed to be ruled by Mars).

In addition, the chart commonly used for England - that of the coronation of William the Conqueror in 1066 - has Aries on the Ascendant (the people), and a Capricorn MC (leaders/nation). Scorpio is 8th cusp, Cancer is 4th and 5th cusps, Leo is 6th cusp.

Mars is now transiting Scorpio, so that seems like....'the British are delving into hidden things'. And Saturn transiting Leo....'the nation interested in aristocracy/lineage'? Or perhaps....'history/ancestry as a pastime/hobby'?

Next thing I looked at was the Libra Ingress 2006 for London.

Sagittarius is on the 4th cusp (exploration + roots). Ruler Jupiter/Scorpio/3rd (knowledge + investigate + activity) is in mutual reception with Pluto/Sagittarius/4th (secrets + exploration + roots). 4th ruler is also the central planet of a T-square with Saturn/Leo/12th (genealogy + recreation + past) and Neptune/Aquarius/6th (murkiness + technology + paperwork).

An interesting thing is that the POF (treasure/gains) is in the 12th (past/karma).

Because the houses and their rulerships would be different for other parts of the world, I doubt this is a worldwide craze. At least, it doesn't seem to be so in my country.

lilllybelle

I've never known saturn to rule ancestors and history. I thought was more the moon's domain. Saturn being in the 4th with a saturn return happening for England makes sense though. I haven't seen a peak in ancestral intrest here in America. L.