Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Relational Astrology

Relational Astrology Relationships and the astrological methods of interpreting them are discussed here.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 12-21-2020, 05:59 PM
Astrology Astrology is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 178
What planet in a man's birth chart indicates what type of woman he likes?

To my knowledge, I heard that in a man's birth chart, his Venus sign indicates the kind of woman he's romantically attracted to, and will love. For example, if a guy has Venus in Libra, then he'll most likely be attracted to Libra girls. But on the other day, I also heard a weird thing about this. I heard that it's the Neptune sign which indicates what type of woman a man is attracted to, and this is where he will learn his 'lessons' from, because his Neptune sign is what type of girl he falls for, but it's the one that's not really suitable for him. So my question is, which planet in a man's birth chart indicates what type of woman he's attracted to? Is it Venus or Neptune?

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 12-21-2020, 06:57 PM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,165
Re: What planet in a man's birth chart indicates what type of woman he likes?

Neither. The most reliable indicator of the kind of person you're attracted to, no matter what gender you are and no matter what gender you prefer romantically, is your seventh house. The sign of the seventh house, planets in it if there are any, and the placement of your seventh house ruler, all give a rough sketch of the kind of personality you're attracted to. What do they bring you? What do you need from a partner? Look to the seventh house for that.

It's common to have a pattern of being attracted to people whose charts reflect your seventh house. Maybe your DC sign is their rising sign, or their sun sign, or their moon sign. Maybe your DC ruler has a prominent place in their chart. Something like that.

But the key thing is that they show you traits that match your seventh house.

Venus indicates how you love and relate. It very generally describes how we attract others and what we find attractive in others, whether those others are romantic interests or simply friends. It's also the feminine planet. The anima, in Jungian terms. If a heterosexual man suppresses the feminine side of himself--his Venus--he tends to look for it in women, and be attracted to women who manifest it.

Neptune is the planet of impossible ideals. Sometimes people project impossible ideals onto their love interests. That's a Neptunian thing. So is the experience of falling in love, when the person you're in love with is the most wonderful thing ever to you. That doesn't have to be unhealthy, but it can be if you keep yourself stuck on the rose colored glasses.

So both Neptune and Venus can be involved in attraction, but unless they're part of your seventh house picture, neither is the main descriptor of who you're attracted to.
__________________
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Want my input on your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
Astrology (12-22-2020)
  #3  
Unread 12-21-2020, 07:07 PM
AstrologerParul AstrologerParul is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: London
Posts: 2
Re: What planet in a man's birth chart indicates what type of woman he likes?

My analysis is Venus and moon conjuct together then men likes Glamours women. If men has exalted Jupiter in d9 chart then he gets spiritual women.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 12-21-2020, 07:15 PM
Jacklier Jacklier is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 35
Re: What planet in a man's birth chart indicates what type of woman he likes?

As for my chart. What i seek is in Venus and Moon.
- Venus is in 1st house Scorpio ( self ), so i first search her to be like my image. Mirror so to speak. To be interested in the deep, art, occults, passion, romance, plutonic, ect.
- Moon is in 10th house Leo. I want them to have a purpose/ambition in life. For good or for bad they are always emotional types ( leo ), but thanks God they arent emotional unstable.
I may say that if a woman attracts me, she either has a Moon or Pluto dominant in her chart.

Last edited by Jacklier; 12-21-2020 at 07:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 12-21-2020, 07:20 PM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,165
Re: What planet in a man's birth chart indicates what type of woman he likes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacklier View Post
As for my chart. What i seek is in Venus and Moon.
- Venus is in 1st house Scorpio ( self ), so i first search her to be like my image. Mirror so to speak. To be interested in the deep, art, occults, passion, romance, plutonic, ect.
If Scorpio is your rising sign, that makes your DC sign Taurus, and Venus your DC ruler. Moon is a secondary ruler for Taurus, because Taurus is the sign of Moon's exaltation.
__________________
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Want my input on your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 12-21-2020, 07:37 PM
Jacklier Jacklier is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 35
Re: What planet in a man's birth chart indicates what type of woman he likes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
If Scorpio is your rising sign, that makes your DC sign Taurus, and Venus your DC ruler. Moon is a secondary ruler for Taurus, because Taurus is the sign of Moon's exaltation.

And may you tell me more ? What would be your interpretation on what you`ve wrote just now ?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 12-21-2020, 08:22 PM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,165
Re: What planet in a man's birth chart indicates what type of woman he likes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacklier View Post
And may you tell me more ? What would be your interpretation on what you`ve wrote just now ?
They're both involved with your seventh house. That's why they describe the kind of woman you're attracted to.
__________________
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Want my input on your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
Jacklier (12-21-2020)
  #8  
Unread 12-21-2020, 08:49 PM
The19thLaw The19thLaw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 435
Re: What planet in a man's birth chart indicates what type of woman he likes?

I think the 7th house might be the kinds of women we end up attracting into our lives by their sign than the kinds of women we actually want to attract. For me, my 7th house Aquarius and I find that of all the signs, Aquarian women have a lot of initial interest in me. I match with them a lot on dating apps and hit it off well with them in conversations.

Now in terms of raw sexual attraction, I love fire sign women and want to experiment more with Sag women, no luck if I want a pretty one there though. Aries and Leo women are cool with me and we click well but Sag women are just, well, out there....I just cannot seem to understand them and their ways at all.

Sag does rule my 5th house though and come to think of it, I'd never want to marry a Sag woman but would love to shag some for the short-term so go figure.

Perhaps 5th house = women we feel sexually attracted to and want to have fun with

7th house = women we seem to attract a lot of in our lives

Not sure about marriage but I could so see myself either marrying a Leo gal, a Libra gal, or a Gemini. I do seem to find myself respecting Scorpio women a lot even though I would never marry one (too much for me emotionally and they get jealous at the drop of a dime).

Come to think of it, I could see myself marrying an Aquarian woman too because we get along so well in most cases. Aries women are also worth my respect since they seem to be very forward and energetic.

Sag women are a huge no no for long-term so if anything, I'd just look for escorts (where it is legal) with early December birthdays lol.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The19thLaw For This Useful Post:
Astrology (12-22-2020)
  #9  
Unread 12-21-2020, 09:28 PM
Jacklier Jacklier is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 35
Re: What planet in a man's birth chart indicates what type of woman he likes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The19thLaw View Post
I think the 7th house might be the kinds of women we end up attracting into our lives by their sign than the kinds of women we actually want to attract. For me, my 7th house Aquarius and I find that of all the signs, Aquarian women have a lot of initial interest in me. I match with them a lot on dating apps and hit it off well with them in conversations.

Now in terms of raw sexual attraction, I love fire sign women and want to experiment more with Sag women, no luck if I want a pretty one there though. Aries and Leo women are cool with me and we click well but Sag women are just, well, out there....I just cannot seem to understand them and their ways at all.

Sag does rule my 5th house though and come to think of it, I'd never want to marry a Sag woman but would love to shag some for the short-term so go figure.

Perhaps 5th house = women we feel sexually attracted to and want to have fun with

7th house = women we seem to attract a lot of in our lives

Not sure about marriage but I could so see myself either marrying a Leo gal, a Libra gal, or a Gemini. I do seem to find myself respecting Scorpio women a lot even though I would never marry one (too much for me emotionally and they get jealous at the drop of a dime).

Come to think of it, I could see myself marrying an Aquarian woman too because we get along so well in most cases. Aries women are also worth my respect since they seem to be very forward and energetic.

Sag women are a huge no no for long-term so if anything, I'd just look for escorts (where it is legal) with early December birthdays lol.





If i may say from my experience.
My 7th house is Taurus, but i never had a person in my life who is a Taurus.
From personal experience i find Leo women quite immature, childish and attention seeking. They were quite ambitious and they would gladly put their ambitions on your back and you would be whiped. When in a relationship with them, they were really possesive and everything was around them. They are a 100% No for me.
Gemini - I`ve once had a Gem girlfriend. Her Sun conj my Vertex and that was karmic and the connection changed us both on 180 degrees. Ive red that the placement of your Vertex is what will be your karmic spouse. For example Joan Collins Vertex is in Libra and her last husband ( and from what i see - her happiest marriage ) is Libra.
Scorpios - I dont have anything bad to say. With them its allways cool.
My Libra is in 12th house and most of my karmic enemies are Libras. They just cannot live without being in a relationship even for a day. They dont care with whoom. Lonelyness is a big problem ( Not general, just from observation ).
Pisces - the men are way too cold ( as a fish ).
Saggitarius - My Mercury and Pluto are there. With them i have the best conversations and they are always a little Plutonic.
For the most parts, im mostly into ASC Leo ( my natal Moon is there ) or Scorpio ( my natal Venus is there ) women.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jacklier For This Useful Post:
Astrology (12-22-2020)
  #10  
Unread 12-21-2020, 09:33 PM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,165
Re: What planet in a man's birth chart indicates what type of woman he likes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacklier View Post
My 7th house is Taurus, but i never had a person in my life who is a Taurus.
Maybe not Taurus sun, but if you know the birth charts of people in your life, do any of them have Taurus moon or Taurus rising? Do any of them have a prominently placed Venus? Do any of them have a stellium in Taurus, or another earth sign, or another fixed sign?

We need to look at the whole charts for this, not just sun sign. If all you consider is sun sign, you'll miss the most crucial parts.
__________________
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Want my input on your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 12-22-2020, 07:18 AM
Jacklier Jacklier is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 35
Re: What planet in a man's birth chart indicates what type of woman he likes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Maybe not Taurus sun, but if you know the birth charts of people in your life, do any of them have Taurus moon or Taurus rising? Do any of them have a prominently placed Venus? Do any of them have a stellium in Taurus, or another earth sign, or another fixed sign?
- No, nothing in Taurus. Not a dominant, stelium, not even a planet. Nothing special with people who have eath signs. For the fixed - most of my karmic connections in my life are that she/he is either Scorpio or Leo ASC. Right now have a karmic connection with a girl abroad, who is Saggitarius, Leo ASC, Venus in Scorpio.
Do you consider the dominant planets in one`s chart as something worth it ?

Last edited by Jacklier; 12-22-2020 at 02:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 12-22-2020, 11:03 PM
Astrology Astrology is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 178
Re: What planet in a man's birth chart indicates what type of woman he likes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Neither. The most reliable indicator of the kind of person you're attracted to, no matter what gender you are and no matter what gender you prefer romantically, is your seventh house. The sign of the seventh house, planets in it if there are any, and the placement of your seventh house ruler, all give a rough sketch of the kind of personality you're attracted to. What do they bring you? What do you need from a partner? Look to the seventh house for that.

It's common to have a pattern of being attracted to people whose charts reflect your seventh house. Maybe your DC sign is their rising sign, or their sun sign, or their moon sign. Maybe your DC ruler has a prominent place in their chart. Something like that.

But the key thing is that they show you traits that match your seventh house.

Venus indicates how you love and relate. It very generally describes how we attract others and what we find attractive in others, whether those others are romantic interests or simply friends. It's also the feminine planet. The anima, in Jungian terms. If a heterosexual man suppresses the feminine side of himself--his Venus--he tends to look for it in women, and be attracted to women who manifest it.

Neptune is the planet of impossible ideals. Sometimes people project impossible ideals onto their love interests. That's a Neptunian thing. So is the experience of falling in love, when the person you're in love with is the most wonderful thing ever to you. That doesn't have to be unhealthy, but it can be if you keep yourself stuck on the rose colored glasses.

So both Neptune and Venus can be involved in attraction, but unless they're part of your seventh house picture, neither is the main descriptor of who you're attracted to.
My 7th house is in Gemini, its ruling planet is Mercury. Therefore, am I attracted to Geminis? Also, what astrological placements/aspects indicate what type of men I attract? Is it the rising sign?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 12-23-2020, 12:51 AM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,165
Re: What planet in a man's birth chart indicates what type of woman he likes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrology View Post
My 7th house is in Gemini, its ruling planet is Mercury. Therefore, am I attracted to Geminis?
Are you?

You know who you're attracted to. We don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrology View Post
Also, what astrological placements/aspects indicate what type of men I attract? Is it the rising sign?
DC indicates the personality traits of the people you're attracted to. It doesn't tell us what gender they are. If you're attracted to both genders, you'll be attracted to people of both genders who have those traits.
__________________
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Want my input on your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 12-24-2020, 02:54 PM
HonourAndDevotion HonourAndDevotion is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 142
Re: What planet in a man's birth chart indicates what type of woman he likes?

theorically we tend to like people more who has planets conjuncting to our ones. it could be any planet. but i'd just give priviliage to venus aspects and it's position. and the dispositor. because it directly tells about tastes and what we like, what we find charming, polite etc. Mars also could help for sexual atrraction. and Jupiter for political compliance. Moon for emotinal safety, compliance, marriage partner, but these are other case.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 12-25-2020, 03:51 PM
wan wan is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,890
Re: What planet in a man's birth chart indicates what type of woman he likes?

I read that Moon and Venus in a man's chart indicate the type of women he likes. To put it in the simplest term: Moon is what he marries, and Venus is what turns him on.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 12-26-2020, 08:23 PM
comdoc comdoc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 371
Re: What planet in a man's birth chart indicates what type of woman he likes?

There is no single planet for me. I'm Leo rising and Most Attracted (MA) to Aqua rising. My Aries Sun is MA to Leo and Sag Sun. My 3rd decan Gem Moon MA to late Leo and late Libra Moon. My Gem Venus MA to Leo and Sag Venus. My Leo Mars MA to Fire Sign Mars. My Aries Merc MA to Gem, Leo, Sag Merc. My Tau NN MA to late Tau. My 5H Cap Vtx MA to Leo, not attracted to Cap.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 01-01-2021, 11:52 AM
Pgee Pgee is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Maybe not Taurus sun, but if you know the birth charts of people in your life, do any of them have Taurus moon or Taurus rising? Do any of them have a prominently placed Venus? Do any of them have a stellium in Taurus, or another earth sign, or another fixed sign?

We need to look at the whole charts for this, not just sun sign. If all you consider is sun sign, you'll miss the most crucial parts.
But I have a empty 7th house taurus. Venus trine my North node in Libra. Pls wat do u have to say.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
birth, chart, likes, planet, type, woman

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.