Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 05-27-2020, 02:49 PM
Tarooha Tarooha is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 44
Nodal axis aspects

Hi everyone. I’m very curious to learn about my chart, particularly the nodes. I have NN in 8th house (Virgo) and SN in 2nd house (Pisces).

NN sextile moon and MC , SN trine moon, MC, and Chiron.
By the way, those are not the concern. The concern is I also have both NN,SN square Pluto in 10th house.!! I have read that I have not fulfilled the SN and NN if they square planets.

My interpretation based on life experience are 1. SN in 2nd house square Pluto made me feeling a painful lack of resources and powerlessness that eventually, I have become obsessed with money and how much I have. 2. NN in 8th house square Pluto made me strive for investing and money that I can gain through/with others. (even be obsessive sometimes) So, this life is not really about completely detaching from possession. Since I have to fulfill both SN and NN, but to gain through sharing resources with others, such as investment rather than gaining and holding on to the resources by myself. This is what I understand.

What are your thoughts on this? Is there anything you can add to my understanding of this configuration? I’m still new to astrology I might get it wrong Thanks for your time.


Last edited by Tarooha; 05-27-2020 at 02:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 09-09-2020, 03:30 PM
Cary2 Cary2 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: United States
Posts: 1,039
Re: Nodal axis aspects

Lunar Node is as slow-moving as an outer planet, and Pluto is a slow-moving outer planet. Such aspects are not very relevant unless you have personal factors directly connected, because they can be found in vast numbers of people born at around the same time.

I have not found Node-in-House to be an outstanding theme. I know there are astrology books that have devoted an entire text to Node in this sign or that house, but they mislead, usually, because I think aspects and aspect combinations are a more clear interpretation of the nodal involvement. Consider how a slow-moving planet spends considerable time in a sign or house, and you can understand how such considerations are of diminished importance. In many ways, you should consider the nodes as a slow-moving planet.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cary2 For This Useful Post:
Tarooha (09-09-2020)
  #3  
Unread 09-09-2020, 03:37 PM
Tarooha Tarooha is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 44
Re: Nodal axis aspects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary2 View Post
Lunar Node is as slow-moving as an outer planet, and Pluto is a slow-moving outer planet. Such aspects are not very relevant unless you have personal factors directly connected, because they can be found in vast numbers of people born at around the same time.

I have not found Node-in-House to be an outstanding theme. I know there are astrology books that have devoted an entire text to Node in this sign or that house, but they mislead, usually, because I think aspects and aspect combinations are a more clear interpretation of the nodal involvement. Consider how a slow-moving planet spends considerable time in a sign or house, and you can understand how such considerations are of diminished importance. In many ways, you should consider the nodes as a slow-moving planet.
Hi. Thanks for your reply. I get the picture now thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 09-09-2020, 05:43 PM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 5,950
Re: Nodal axis aspects

Hello, Taroona,
Astrologer, Martin Schulman has written a seminal work on the lunar nodes. As I recall it speaks to both the nodes in the signs and in the houses. The book is entitled, Karmic Astrology, Volume 1: The Moon's Nodes and Reincarnation
It is available on Amazon and elsewhere and I think it may shed light on the very real relevance of a powerful outer planet making a challenging, hard aspect to the Moon's nodal axis.
This will afford you an opportunity to decide for yourself whether it is meaningful or not.

Wishing you the best in your quest for greater understanding.
__________________
Ilene

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IleneK For This Useful Post:
Tarooha (09-09-2020)
  #5  
Unread 09-09-2020, 05:49 PM
Tarooha Tarooha is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 44
Re: Nodal axis aspects

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
Hello, Taroona,
Astrologer, Martin Schulman has written a seminal work on the lunar nodes. As I recall it speaks to both the nodes in the signs and in the houses. The book is entitled, Karmic Astrology, Volume 1: The Moon's Nodes and Reincarnation
It is available on Amazon and elsewhere and I think it may shed light on the very real relevance of a powerful outer planet making a challenging, hard aspect to the Moon's nodal axis.
This will afford you an opportunity to decide for yourself whether it is meaningful or not.

Wishing you the best in your quest for greater understanding.
Thank you. Iíll check that out. I kind of understand a little bit more now since the time I posted this thread. Iíll really look into it thoroughly from your suggestion. Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 09-10-2020, 04:39 PM
antiphon antiphon is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 17
Re: Nodal axis aspects

Achieving power in your career will help you balance caution and risk taking, stability and transformation.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 09-20-2020, 02:27 AM
Claire19's Avatar
Claire19 Claire19 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,063
Re: Nodal axis aspects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarooha View Post
Hi everyone. I’m very curious to learn about my chart, particularly the nodes. I have NN in 8th house (Virgo) and SN in 2nd house (Pisces).

NN sextile moon and MC , SN trine moon, MC, and Chiron.
By the way, those are not the concern. The concern is I also have both NN,SN square Pluto in 10th house.!! I have read that I have not fulfilled the SN and NN if they square planets.

My interpretation based on life experience are 1. SN in 2nd house square Pluto made me feeling a painful lack of resources and powerlessness that eventually, I have become obsessed with money and how much I have. 2. NN in 8th house square Pluto made me strive for investing and money that I can gain through/with others. (even be obsessive sometimes) So, this life is not really about completely detaching from possession. Since I have to fulfill both SN and NN, but to gain through sharing resources with others, such as investment rather than gaining and holding on to the resources by myself. This is what I understand.

What are your thoughts on this? Is there anything you can add to my understanding of this configuration? I’m still new to astrology I might get it wrong Thanks for your time.
always you need to load your natal chart so we get the overall picture. Astrodienst do anonymous ones if you prefer that.

The aspects to the nodes are less than for planets. within 3 degrees and I only use conjunctions and oppositions. Others may disagree. If uou want a good book on the Nodes Jan Spiller Spiritual Astrology is excellent.
__________________
The stars impel, not compel.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
aspects, axis, nodal

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.